harley-quinn-legends-of-the-dark-knight-1_dc-comics_silo (resized).png
tumblr_ndd9vhv4uu1qedb29o1_500.gif
IMG_1836 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1833 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1832 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1125 Great outline of different types of buyers. Posted by mrclean (2 years ago)

Post #6466 First release video Posted by Borygard (2 years ago)

Post #7251 Led strip explanations Posted by SpookyLuke (2 years ago)

Post #9021 Spooky interview on podcast. July 12, 2021 Posted by ZMeny (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rc_like_the_cola.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4554 2 years ago

Way less interested now.

#7043 2 years ago

In the pics, I'm seeing cliffy like protectors on 2 scoops, but not the hedge/city scoops. Will that change, you think?

#7319 2 years ago

Pics of other editions are going live on the Spooky facebook page.

#7325 2 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

I thought the standards and BSE's were going to have Halloween on the backglass?

They will. I believe they are scrambling to change out trim and do photo shoots to give us a taste of the other editions.

#7335 2 years ago

SpookyCharlie SpookyLuke I'm trying to direct a buddy of mine to the Spooky shop to buy his fang club membership, so he can get a Halloween tomorrow, but the shop only has Canada and International memberships available at present. Just wanted to let you guys know.

#7337 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Never seen P3? Tho there it's a whole scoop, and has smoother transitions. Space Shuttle, Space Station, etc all had a drop in front of a ramp.
Drops in front of ramps is not new - drop BANK - that may be more unique.

Another I can think of in recent years is the Stern SW home pin and Heavy Metal retheme. 3 drops in front of the Deathstar ramp. Don't know what it's called on the Heavy Metal game.

#7532 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Games are named Halloween and Ultraman Kaiju Rumble, right? So abbreviations would be H & UKR, maybe. If Halloween ends up being called H, I will be very happy.

Technically, it is John Carpenter's Halloween. Some have suggested JCH and UKR. They make sense to me.

#7539 2 years ago
Quoted from Venom77:

You be crazy not too... I really only wanted a standard and then do my own mods..... however 2k difference between standard and CE.. that's a no brainer.. that's a good deal... life is won with good deals lol

I was thinking standard until I saw the prism powder on the BSE. That coupled with all the extras is worth the extra 1K to me. My previous most expensive pin was a NIB BM66. This will top that, now.

#7548 2 years ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

how many ultramans are allocated to the US market?

They don't really do that allotment thing in house. Now, there are 2 distributors outside of the US, so I'd speculate 1/5 or so is pre allocated outside of US via distributors. With buying Spooky direct, they sell to whomever buys, wherever they are.

#8089 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

They are waiting for Jack Danger / DeadFlip stream...

Luke posted that he'd get something up in the next few days.

#8208 2 years ago

I really dig the LED strips. I think I will add that silicone sleeve to them. These are Spooky's answer to JJP's hotrails and Stern's expression lighting.

#8228 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Oh, I definitely think some would be interested. I'm just asking if anyone thinks/knows whether they found out enough in advance to be in position to actually secure any.

The Halloween pin was posted/discussed on a few horror forums and sites, so I'm sure they were in the loop. My horror fan buddy knew about it before I told him, so I'm sure some non pin folks got in on Halloween, at least.

#8249 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

There is a shit ton of shots in this layout .I don’t know how to properly count them ,but there’s a lot .

At least 16 from a quick count. 10 on main level, 3 on each upper level.

#8276 2 years ago

Freddy vs Jason next? I'd be so in on that one. Robert Englund is a down to earth dude. Custom callouts.

#8285 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Facebook and yes they are the same!

To be fair, facebook photos of the BSE don't do that sweet powercoat any justice, but that little video shows it off nicely.

#8290 2 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Wishlist
-army of darkness
-phantasm
-Big trouble in lil china
-beetlejuice
-kill bill

All of those would be on my list too. Big trouble in little China being at the top.

#8371 2 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Only pin I've seen that could pre-stage the balls was STTNG. But your method of staging on the fly (adding a new ball from the shooter lane when necessary) works fine. Really glad to hear that the lifters will be staged for faster flow (like R&M)!

A13 and IJ4 prestage balls for the ark multiball and the gimmick 13 ball mb.

#8442 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

You typod HWN.

I still like JCH best.

#8492 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Not that it matters at this point but does the beta capsule light up above the scoop on Ultraman like the pumpkin on Halloween? Didn't see it do so in the video.

I think the beta capsule is a 360 degree RGB flasher. Not 100% on that. Ben?

#8686 2 years ago
Quoted from play_pinball:

FWIW, raffle tickets were $90 (+$6.75 service fee)

I was teetering on getting an entry and by the time I said f it and was gonna grab one, they had just sold out.

#8734 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

No shit chuck , but you never see plastic protectors break but the plastic's that break .
I've always thought , why not make plastics out of flexible plastic , like Tupperware you see , which could take a million hits and would never break .

I have always thought plastic protectors are overkill. Especially the way they are installed. To be most effective the plastic protector should be installed under the metal post that secures the plastic star post. Kind of how you are supposed to install fender washers under sling posts. Stern still does this wrong on every game and if you don't change them soonish, the metal washer ends up stuck to the sling plastic and will remove art if you try to remedy it. I firmly believe some sort of protection should be employed and I use clear fender washers in my games and I place them in places where a plastic is prone to break like slings or BSD target bank or Taxi target bank plastic for instance.

#8945 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

If you aren’t in the fang club then how in the world will you get this!
[quoted image]

Indeed. I joined the fang club before Rick and Morty was even announced because I loved the look of that first year poster. It's proudly displayed in my main floor hallway. And this year's goodies are cool too. Love the Lugosi plastics.

#8950 2 years ago

Not really relevant to the next spooky topic, but I nearly bought one of those surplus Alice Cooper games that popped up about a month ago. Luckily I was too late and could grab an Ultraman.

#8954 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

So my question is this:
Be a late order from Spooky and be last in line, or order from a distro and get it sooner. I purchased through a distro to save the sales tax, of course being a good citizen I will let my state know I owe them sales tax on it .
I am now thinking I will be one of the first people getting their game. Don't know if I need a fang membership or not but I have one just in case.
So going through a distro will get me my game sooner, and save me about 800 bucks in sales tax.
I will most likely have a courier pick if my game if Spooky allows that.

In the fang club email, they listed about a dozen states where they are required to collect sales tax and Wisconsin is one. I don't know if going through a distributor avoids that or not. Hopefully so.

#8957 2 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Nothing better.
Who’s up for some STTNG?
[quoted image]
Twilight Zone?
[quoted image]

My son started collecting VHS when he moved out a few years back. I'm mostly digital when it comes to that stuff, but I get the nostalgia aspect.

#9215 2 years ago
Quoted from pinbutterball:

Ha! And have people put their greasy fingers on her? No thanks, keep your money away from my baby. ...
Hold up, how much?

That's how I experienced TNA for the first time. It was Southern Fried Gaming Expo 2017. My friend had a vendor booth and we were right next to Spooky. We got to chit chat with Scott and the Spooky crew and he showed us the preliminary art planned for the game. It played so good and being a fan of classic Bally games, I was hooked. And that soundtrack was bumping the whole show. Missed out on one, but might be down for a 2.0.

#9281 2 years ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

So I am putting together the Spooky Promotional Plastic Stand up...Seems there is a leftover piece that says Stay Spooky 2021. Does anyone know where this goes? Sorry I am not the best at figuring these things out lol

There are 2 stand-ups. The big one and that small one. There should be a small cross section for that one too.

#9283 2 years ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

Oh okay, guess I am missing the cross section piece.

Possibly fell into the box. Perhaps check the packing materials.

#9424 2 years ago
Quoted from FlipperFreak:

NITRO Pinball Update
We have Halloween CE's & Ultraman CE's preorders available https://nitropinball.com/collections/spooky-pinball
Link will be posted as long as either are still available. US & Eastern Canada orders will ship from Spooky. Washington State & Western Canada orders will ship from Nitro USA (Sumas) & Nitro Canada (Vancouver)
Thanks,
[email protected]
1-855-DO-NITRO

Theoretically speaking, a customer could order any of the 3 versions from you, correct? I know the CE is the most popular, so you likely expect that to be the one requested.

#9426 2 years ago
Quoted from FlipperFreak:

These are the 2 versions we still have available.

I certainly don't want to be argumentative, but I thought the whole point was for the customer base to choose which edition they want and that is Spooky's grand scheme. No set amount of any one edition is set in stone until the orders are all closed. I really only wonder because a friend was considering Halloween, but would only be able to swing a standard edition, money wise.

#9477 2 years ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

Am I mistaken, but are the standard editions numbered or just build order? They didn't say (only on CE and BSE), but who knows.

They are numbered, but no plaque, if they follow suit with Rick and Morty.

#9574 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Let’s talk more numbers....
100 days until Halloween 2021 (14-weeks)
Sweet so 30 games per week (30x14)to get a Halloween CE by Halloween you’d need to be #420 or below.
[quoted image]

And some of that number will be Ultraman. Gotta allow for that.

#9592 2 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Halloween ce 663...almost 666 lol.
Spooky direct

So close

#9595 2 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

The next Spooky machine, you heard it here first... Earthworm Jim!
[quoted image]

OMG Yes!

#9679 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

They are alternating pages of 50 spooky then 50 distro. Remember though that those distributor pages are split between 5 distributors. The pages do get a bit distro heavy in the middle as they sold more CE than us and we had to cram those in before BSE and Standard. We do not coordinate time stamps with distros. They get the alottment they are allowed to sell ahead of time and they fulfill those on there own.

Makes total sense. You guys have the official breakdown on how many of each edition were orders for each game? Would be cool info for this curious. Wish I was closer to pinfest. I would've totally made the trip.

#9767 2 years ago
Quoted from curban:

So anyone know if/how many ended up going to non Fang Club members?

I would assume none, so far. You must be a Fang Club member to order a Bloodsucker. Not sure if you need to be to order a CE after the initial 2 week exclusive. Based on Rick and Morty guidelines, standards could be ordered by non members 2 weeks after the initial sale (although, they didn't make it that far). Some distributors still have these games, so non fang club members should be able to order them as of 7/21 and on, but from my recollection, can only order standards, as the Bloodsucker for sure is club members only. Not certain on CE, since it is the new model. If the badge on the game says fang club, you need to be a member to order it, but we haven't seen the badges yet.

#9812 2 years ago
Quoted from blastbeat:

In addition to gameplay footage (which I assume will be here when it's released)...what is the best guess on build date for early 500's? Specifically I'm at 509. Not really impatient just trying to think of the timeframe...like January or March 2022 or later?

I'd guess 7 months, factoring in a couple hundred Ultraman on top of the ~500 Halloween range you are in.

#9834 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Looks like we win then, good riddance. Anyone else who backs posting screenshots of Spooky employees that are teenage girls and sexualizing them can join xian222 no one will miss you.

You have made multiple assumptions here. Who says that is a teenage girl? And another assumption that it is Charlie's daughter. That one is just not true. Morgan is not blonde and works in the office. Mrclean made a dumb joke and apologized for it. Move on and let's talk pinball. Jeez.

#9836 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Exactly what I was thinking as well. Same issue as on R&M.

It does look pretty wide. A ball may possibly miss that entry switch.

#9839 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

One thing that also contributed to the R&M switch issues is the thinner pf and the wires sticking up too far which made them wobbly - so if the ball did get too far to one side, it would push past it rather than over it. Lowering these hoops does help, so maybe that is what they've done here, but hard to tell.

They have been working on this playfield for over a year, so fingers crossed that they have that dialed in and we are just being paranoid.

#9888 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Commercial pinball will never be open source. Well I guess PROC counts but I don't think anyone can modify code in released games

Yeah, the public can create and release games for the multimorphic platform. Pretty cool

#9970 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Why didn’t they take both?

Charlie took Halloween to a horror convention in Chicago.

#9984 2 years ago

Charlie is being so mean. Taking a pin that no one can order/buy.

Halloween fan: This is awesome, how do I get one?

Charlie: Well, you can't. We sold out.

#9987 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Nitro is still showing “many in stock”:
[quoted image]

Oh, I know Joe and Nitro still have them. Was just joking. Hopefully this can generate a sellout on the last few with distributors.

#10001 2 years ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

I’m sure someone will come out with a diffuser mod.

Something similar to this is what I plan to use.

ebay.com link: itm

#10007 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Yea almost everyone that played was doing a double take as their ball drained or quickly saved it. I had a good ball. Unfortunately no video. It was fun to play. Lots of different length shots. I think that was my favorite part so far. Those led strips were not blinding or distracting for me personally. I can see how some might think it would look cheap in a rope light sort of way. The lighting in the building is not optimal for playing. The artwork is amazing. The trim is definitely purple. Fit and finish were nice. LCD was just ok. But I didn’t have time to look at it much.

I thought it looked purple from the vids and pics today. Thanks for the confirmation. It looked blue in some promo pics and purple in others.

#10113 2 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Conceivably you’ve been working on this game for more than a year. You also control your release schedule. So given those facts I imagine you’d think to organize events such that you have a polished presentation to go as part of the announcement. There’s a super easy way to avoid people judging your work based on shaky cellphone video: have your own video ready to go before you release the game.
Perhaps I don’t really understand the goings on behind the scenes that lead to everything being a last minute rush, or as is the case here a month too late. I would love to hear the reasons so I can have my perspective adjusted appropriately. It’s just from what I can see that it seems kinda slapdash.
That said, I guess in the grand scheme it doesn’t matter since it sold out pretty quick without even that shaky video. And I certainly am part of the problem being UMCE #143. Can’t argue results.

They did have a nice polished trailer for each game. Maybe they thought that was enough and I suppose it was with the craziness on ordering day. My guess, and purely a guess, was they needed or wanted to get the announcement out prior to Ultraman day, which was a few days after ordering launched.

#10140 2 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

STOOOOOOOKED.
I have a LOT of gear to lug out to Benton.
I miss streaming with my Spooky Pals!

You would schedule this to happen right in the middle of my first official IFPA tournament since COVID lol.

#10237 2 years ago

A little constructive feedback, I hope. Come up with a better name for the modes than "incidentals" in the bonus count section. Like maybe Battles for Ultraman and Encounters for Halloween?

#10242 2 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

I liked them both, but I will admit that after a while I did find the atmosphere of Halloween kind of oppressing. I could only take the dark horror-theme and music for so long before I needed a palate cleanse. Which thankfully, UM provided.
This comes from someone that really likes 78 Halloween movie too. So I think I could only play HWN for short bursts.

For this exact reason, I hope I can load Halloween code on my Ultraman every now and then.

#10303 2 years ago

Regarding Bug saying they aren't sure if they are going to keep that feature where a locked ball behind the headstone/SSSP pin target will release if you drain your main ball: I hope this stays, otherwise, another player could release a ball locked by the player before them. My vote is to keep that feature to prevent lock stealing. Or if the feature is not kept, still release the ball at the end of each ball, so it can't be used by an opponent. That would be my suggestion.

#10305 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

It should stay, but...
At the very least they should disable it being an unlimited lock in any tournament mode settings. Let people use it maybe once, twice with a LOT more hits (like 15) max. I don't mind it being there at all for solo play, obviously, but I'd put it in tournament mode to cut play times down when I take the game to TPF or whatever.

Agreed. Maybe tourney mode could enable the "clearing it at the end of a ball" option. Like if you didn't use it before you drained, you lost it.

#10307 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I think also that the ability to do this on every single ball may be too much. I’d spam that during ball save, get it locked and before you know it you’ve got a six ball game. How about a risk / reward situation where you can only grave lock on the third ball and shots made to qualify during ball save don’t count. Like...you want to extend this game? Do this, or die. It’s a super cool feature but I think there should be some other rules in place to make it less exploitable.

Good point. Maybe have options for the user to decide. Another thing I'm not a huge fan of is the option to restart multiball. I could see it as a throwback IF you haven't collected any jackpots yet, but the way it is presented on the stream, you can just restart Hedge/Baltan any time you drain out of it. Unless I missed something, that is.

#10309 2 years ago

I've been rewatching the stream, so things are coming to me as I go. Another thing I hope is adjustable, is that they have a new ball saver come on at the beginning of every mode. That can prolong ball times and I'd wanna turn that off, if possible.

#10316 2 years ago
Quoted from bkerins:

Same feature (ball save on any mode start) is also on ACNC

Is it adjustable in the menu?

1 week later
#10336 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

My vote goes to ‘The Lost Boys’ or even better ‘Near Dark’ for a vampire pin.
[quoted image]

Near Dark is sooooooo good.

2 years later
#12918 4 months ago

They should really stop dropping these games right before the holidays. I can't swing a deposit even if I love what they reveal. I'm sure many people are in the same position around this time of year.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Performance Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Arabi, LA
$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

€ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Discos Pinball Mod Shop

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

$ 17.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lermods

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Woodinville, WA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinbald Mods

$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 238.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rc_like_the_cola.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-2021-game-speculation-thread?tu=rc_like_the_cola and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.