harley-quinn-legends-of-the-dark-knight-1_dc-comics_silo (resized).png
tumblr_ndd9vhv4uu1qedb29o1_500.gif
IMG_1836 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1833 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1832 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1125 Great outline of different types of buyers. Posted by mrclean (2 years ago)

Post #6466 First release video Posted by Borygard (2 years ago)

Post #7251 Led strip explanations Posted by SpookyLuke (2 years ago)

Post #9021 Spooky interview on podcast. July 12, 2021 Posted by ZMeny (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider prl867.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7523 2 years ago

Preordering a pinball machine is easily one of the most idiotic things a reasonably intelligent person would do.

Having said that, in less than 20 minutes, I will be happily giving this tiny pinball company $2000.

#8428 2 years ago

I am as giddy as a schoolgirl over getting in on a Bloodsucker edition (yes, that’s an obscure reference to IJ & The Last Crusade).

I’m extremely interested in learning about the development of this pin (a “behind the scenes” video would be awesome.

Reason being, I’m curious about a bunch of little things like licensing likeness rights for the actors such as JLC, Pleasence, and even Michael Myers (or perhaps William Shatner, given that the mask is from the 1978 first movie, thank God).

Since Spooky has a pre-existing relationship with Rob Zombie, I was a little surprised (and very much RELIEVED) that it wasn’t going to be based off the Rob Zombie version, as I would have had zero interest in that.

Assuming they worked with Compass, was Akkad’s son involved at all? I know that Moustafa passed away a while ago, but I thought his son retained ownership.

Was Carpenter involved at all?

Having PJ Soles involved is cool. I believe her topless scene was one of the first I ever saw in a movie when I was a youth. Sorry, TMI, I realize.

Finally, and I do apologize in advance for a bit of a minor stern criticism here, but I’m also thrilled that it wasn’t Stern that got this license. Jurassic Park has always bothered me with its uber obvious lack of likeness rights other than Nedry. If you can’t get the principles and do the film justice, then don’t bother (looking at you Data East BTTF).

Yes, I know that JP did just fine in sales despite the lack of likeness assets, but had Stern done that one right, they certainly would have gotten my $8k instead of Spooky.

You can really tell a Stern machine from a JJP. Much like Data East versus Bally Williams. Indiana Jones by Stern versus Pinball Adventure is night and day.

And now Spooky is in that mix, competing with the big boys, and I for one am ecstatic that they went the JJP route versus the Stern route.

Sorry for excessive post. Brevity ain’t my strong point.

#8978 2 years ago

Anyone with experience with PinballStar in Dallas (Joe). Any educated guesses where they will fall in the order?

If it matters, I ordered a Bloodsucker Halloween. Thanks!

#8983 2 years ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

Joe is great! And it’s Dallas, PA not Dallas, TX just FYI. Although games are usually drop shipped from the manufacturer.
As for our places in line, hard to say but we’ll all have our answers probably by the end of this week or next week.
Spooky is going to make 50 games for their customers follows by 50 games for distributors and then repeat that cycle till all games are built.
Since you are a blood sucker edition you will have to wait for all the CE to be built first. I’d wager you’ll be waiting 12-14 months from today.

Thank you for informative post! Exactly what I was looking for. Thank you!

#9290 2 years ago

I just wrote Joe at PinballStar a few minutes ago asking if I can switch from Bloodsucker Halloween to CE, and if I can remit the additional funds via PayPal.

Last minute decision. We’ll see if it’s approved. I’m fairly confident it won’t be a problem.

#9300 2 years ago

Just idle curiosity question:

When the numbers are all finalized, will spooky publish the exact numerical breakdown of the 3 trim levels adding up to 1250 for Halloween?

I’d be interested to see how many got the CE vs. Bloodsucker.

I opted for CE after originally planning to just get the Bloodsucker.

1 week later
#9503 2 years ago

I’m in for a CE.

Spooky is respected and obviously I have full faith that the game shown at launch is what I will be receiving.

Regarding gameplay, of course I’d love to see some. From those more experienced and educated with this whole “process”, we have heard many possible reasons why gameplay hasn’t been released yet. All valid reasons and I have no problem waiting until the end of the month.

HOWEVER, given how Spooky seems to pride themselves in their open communication with both their customers and the pinball community as a whole, I do find it a bit disappointing that a representative from the company hasn’t posted the honest, exact reasons for not posting a video of some gameplay. Even if that reason is simply “Jack Danger is on vacation”, I’d appreciate some communication from the company on at least a weekly basis (non-individualized general posts).

If this is too much to ask, please tell me why.

#9598 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Also happy to say we are organizing a stream from the one and only Jack danger.
30 fresh games set up on the line this week and we are excited to really dig into them Monday.
Catch Corwin, Aj, and I in the booth of Joe Newhart of Pinball Star with Ultraman at Pinfest next weekend!
Charlie will be taking Halloween down to Flashback weekend Chicago Horror con as well!
Most all game numbers should be rolling out!
Hope these updates are helpful! Tons of cool stuff happening. Enjoy the ride guys!

Will you be attending Expo? I know it’s Halloween weekend and the week prior is a big one near you. But it’s EXPO!

#9606 2 years ago
Quoted from J_Striker:

Pinball Star seems to be the last distributor to send out numbers.

Agreed. I ordered from them. Haven’t gotten mine yet either. I’m not worried or anything. I’ll get it when I get it.

#9612 2 years ago

Halloween CE ordered from Joe at PinballStar.

I’m number 921.

#9613 2 years ago

Their range is 901-953.

#9655 2 years ago
Quoted from BWT67:

[quoted image]

Opinions on the late Mr. Dangerfield notwithstanding, id love to see a true Caddyshack based pin.

I saw Rodney live at the MGM Grand. One of his last shows. I thought he was hilarious.

But as we all know, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one.

1 week later
#10078 2 years ago

My kids (boy and girl twins) were born on Halloween morning, 2003. We used to call them our own little “Children of the Corn.”

Now they are almost 18 and both have been die hard fans of the Halloween franchise (with the exception being the terrible Rob Zombie version).

Personally, I always preferred the original and Part II. To me, it almost could have been considered a suspenseful drama, Witt it’s plausible storyline. Freddy from NoES was what I would consider to be borderline science fiction, attacking in dreams. Same with the cheesy ones like Child’s Play, Leprechaun, Hellraiser, and even Friday the 13th. Perhaps it’s my lack of imagination, but the basis in a type of feasible reality made me like Halloween even more.

Plus, the Carpenter music kicks ass.

2 weeks later
#10324 2 years ago

Maybe I’m just an XF fanboy, but ever since I heard of Spooky Pinball, my first thought was always Spooky Mulder.

I thought that’s what they named themselves after, so I’ve been patiently waiting for an off the hook X Files machine made by the Spooky Mulder pinball company.

That old Sega one was ok. I loved how they had all the actors likenesses in their assets, but it was a bit too much plastic for my taste.

1 week later
#10340 2 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

I love Halloween 3, but I would not buy a Halloween 3 pin simply because they would 100% over use "three more days 'til halloween, halloween..." to the point that it would go from mildly annoying jingle that works in the context of the movie to ear cancer throughout my time playing it.

Halloween 3 is a very underrated film. When taken in proper context, as a stand alone horror movie, it is pretty awesome.

I love how they establish the separate universes by showing the clip of Halloween on the TV screen with Michael Myers.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus
Plastics
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
NinjaCamp Mods
Protection
$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
NinjaCamp Mods
Other
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ScottieIA Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods
Other
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Machine - For Sale
Parker, CO
$ 35.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods
Shooter rods
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 300.00
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods
Toys/Add-ons
6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dubuque, IA
$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball
Decals
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy
Protection

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider prl867.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-2021-game-speculation-thread?tu=prl867 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.