harley-quinn-legends-of-the-dark-knight-1_dc-comics_silo (resized).png
tumblr_ndd9vhv4uu1qedb29o1_500.gif
IMG_1836 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1833 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1832 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1125 Great outline of different types of buyers. Posted by mrclean (2 years ago)

Post #6466 First release video Posted by Borygard (2 years ago)

Post #7251 Led strip explanations Posted by SpookyLuke (2 years ago)

Post #9021 Spooky interview on podcast. July 12, 2021 Posted by ZMeny (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider palmer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#450 2 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

It’s Big Trouble in Little China. Mark my words
And Ben Heck’s game is Beetlejuice.

If it is BTILC, I am in!

#481 2 years ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

I was not saying "Beetlejuice is happening" because he made artwork for it.

Quoted from Beechwood:

Either this next release or the one after is Beetlejuice.
Not a rumor. Not a guess.
Facts

Facts!

2 weeks later
#1120 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Let's just skip to the spiritual successor to the Rick and Morty pin - Letterkenny.
Tons of great scenarios and callouts. Adult Spelling Bee, Softest Birthday Party, Fartbook, Skid dance, Ginger Sick Ostrich Bang, Glen's sermons, there's massive content available that's potentially pintastic.

Wish you weren’t so awkward bud.

#1202 2 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

It's the only Halloween movie with a plot, for one thing.
I don't get the appeal of a pinball machine based on Halloween, or Friday the 13th. In both cases the antagonist doesn't talk, so save a bundle on the callout budget there, and there's only one mode "Halloween Massacre" / "Summer Camp Massacre".

I like the idea of playing as Jason but also playing as the counselors. Or as someone posted awhile back, having multiplayer games where one person is Jason and the others are counselors. It would be nice to have a game that is more atmospheric and moody with music and very little voice work. I can do without the trend of having voices tell you what to shoot for. It would be a nice contrast from Rick and Morty's wall to wall voices ...which isn't to say is bad...it is awesome and fits the theme really well!

#1437 2 years ago

Jesus I hope it is not He-Man.

#1566 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

I ma pretty sure that was a piece of Orko's robe, it has the right colour and there is a pronounced O right over the edge of the robe...just like Orko...

ehhh...bit of a reach there...also I really hope not. He-man is an awful idea.

#1581 2 years ago

you must want halloween, I can easily pass on a halloween or most horror pins unless it is evil dead or similar, 0 interest on the theme.

Nope, just not a fan of the action figure themes. I mean I played with He-Man figures, absolutely loved the show as a kid, but really don't want that theme. That goes for GI Joe, Thundercats and any other toy based cartoon. I'd be down for almost anything else though.

#1643 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Nobody gonna talk about this?[quoted image]

You are a little late there.

#1701 2 years ago

I know this thread might be a bit biased to ask this question but just looking for opinions:
How is the build quality of these games? I received a message from someone else in another forum and I was told everything is 3d printed and low quality like in a 'home brew'. Is that true?

There are some parts that are 3d printed in R&M but not many. Off the top of my head there is the base to the ship, the basketball hoop on the house, a few sculpted type posts (plumbus one I think) and I think that is all I can think of. I don't think the crystal next to the portal exit is 3D printed...pretty sure that is cast.

2 weeks later
#2818 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Spooky has an adult swim relationship.

Too Many Cooks pinball confirmed!

#3044 2 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

Gotta peal off those protective layers on those plastics.

I was going to peel off the protective layer... but then I got high.

1 week later
#3321 2 years ago

yup, I lost interest, already purchased 2 other pins since June 1st. I can still purchase this one, but... I am getting cold.

Geez...you guys are seriously impatient. Spooky said there would be announcement in June. We still have over a week left.

#3459 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

So will the standard edition be stripped down and only have one or two playfields?

It seemed like from the last video is that Bloodsucker is a Standard with all the typical ala carte options (shaker, knocker, speaker lights, probably powder coat). So all cosmetic...hopefully!

#3544 2 years ago

South Park Human Centipad Pinball confirmed. I am going to splurge on the Cuttlefish and Asparagus Collector's Edition.

#3904 2 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

December 16th, 2019, Spooky sells out in 4 hours!

It was not technically sold out in 4 hours. There was a two week period where you could have secured one if you just asked all the Spooky distros. And after that period some spots opened up because you inevitably have people back out. But there were definitely a few available a couple weeks after the announcement.

#3910 2 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

If you can't buy one on their website, that means it is sold out. Otherwise, if someone somewhere is still sitting on a boxed one, does that mean it's still not sold out?

DanQverymuch for the downvote! Actually that doesn't mean it is sold out if you can still buy one from an authorized distributor. I don't understand the confusion here. If you mean all Spooky games were allocated then yes, they were. But you could still buy one from a distro for at least 2 weeks after release. I know because I reached out to several pinsiders who were looking for the game (actually posting in the R&M thread) and gave them contact info for several distros that I knew still had stock. They were very happy to find one! This wasn't like 2 or 3 games either I am not talking about a private buyer who just sits on NIB pins aka scumbags.

#3913 2 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Listen, Spooky's website was sold out in four hours, their entire run of 750 was allocated. Why can't you let them have that?
Of course anyone can find any game they want somewhere, if they call everyone and wave money around. So nothing is ever sold out?
Downvotes simply register disagreemant, don't have a stroke.

I wasn't aware that me clarifying actual facts meant that I was taking something away from Spooky. That is a first. Maybe you should be the one that should avoid having a stroke. Maybe my pun went over your head there?

#3941 2 years ago
Quoted from oneballjab:

Is it just because you don’t want Kaneda to be right? Haha.

Special Koolaid's followers always forgetting all the times he is wrong...which is WAAAAAY more than he is right. Should change his podcast name to Pinball Flip Flop.

#4011 2 years ago

It’s definitely an adult theme. So no Scooby Doo.

#4292 2 years ago

Red and Ted's Roadshow has two plungers.

#4520 2 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Big Trouble in Little China is a mediocre film and not worthy of a pinball! Yeah I said it!

I respectively disagree.

#4573 2 years ago

I am sure they are going to bring some killer atmosphere to this game. I am not a big fan of the Halloween series. I'd rather have F13 since I feel like it translates better to games in general. But I am eagerly awaiting the reveal. This is a truly adult theme which I commend Spooky for. Enough of the child themes. We all know adults play pinball.

#4581 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

F13 and Halloween basically are the same thing. You can go into all the tiny details that might make them different, but they aren't. 2 guys who don't talk walking around in a mask killing people. People screaming, someone finally 'defeating' them until the next movie. So..I would say one isn't any worse than the other.

I mean, I guess you can distill most horror movies down to something similar especially when they are in the same slasher sub-genre. But they aren't they aren't the same at all.

#4628 2 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Kaneda Fanboi is hysterical, btw.

Lemme guess...talking about himself in third person and how he was right all along?

#4629 2 years ago

That is a retheme game from Colsond3 not any leak.

#4926 2 years ago
Quoted from timtim:

After much thought
Bella Lugosi Dracula

I agree!

#5110 2 years ago
Quoted from TheCapn:

'spoiler alert' it was clunky.

Clunky as in you couldn't hit your shots...because frankly, the game is hard (intentionally). The whole clunky/flow argument is pretty ridiculous. The same goes for people that say "This game has flow!" Translation: The shots are easy to make.

#5160 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Shifting from what Spooky will build to what I want …

You basically summed up this entire thread

1 week later
#7580 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Then show the freaking gameplay. It’s not hard, it takes 30 minutes, they did it Rick and morty.

Not that I agree with this, but I think because it could hurt them more than help at this point. Not saying the games are bad shooters. I think they will be great. But to do a proper gameplay video takes time. If they rushed something out, than people start to complain about certain things and maybe they lose out the FOMO they created. I agree with you though that a gameplay video should really be standard before taking orders. However, if the games are good, people won't care. Spooky seems to be generating a bunch of trust in the pinball community...which is a good thing. But I understand why some people are pausing before committing to a 9k purchase. Unfortunately I feel like they both will be sold out pretty quickly and then if you end up liking the game, you have to find one on the secondary market (now more expensive).

On a completely unrelated note, SpookyCharlie you guys need to revisit the design of your website. Use Stern as an example of great presentation. Your website is starting to resemble a MySpace page (no offense). You should have clear pages for each of your games with tabs or links to code updates, manuals, videos, photos etc. On a positive note, congrats on the launch! I am super impressed with the layout choice and the artwork is really the best I have seen in a long time!

#7613 2 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

If everyone is getting a CE how rare will it be??

Some people buy games to play and don't care how rare they are. But if you need to know 1 of 1250 or 1 of 500

#7977 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Gizmos:

I hope this means that Spooky will check the website logs and assign our place in line, based on when we first got the "order received" error message. Seems only fair...

Here we go again. Another R&M situation where people start complaining on what number they are in line.

#7983 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

We pick up parts from Terry Friday they will be hot on the line Monday. Will be a bit slow at first due to lead times with computer parts however we have massive quantities coming in when they arrive. We ended Rick and morty over 20 per week. We are going to say 18 months but make these as fast as we can. If we can get them all done in 12 months we will! Basically we will continuously grow throughout the build!

Scary Terry?

#8361 2 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

now you have instant recycle a’la Rick and Morty.

Where's my balls?

#8380 2 years ago
Quoted from BWT67:

He says plenty, don't be so condescending mansplaining Loomis. Could also leverage his audio from Halloween II, IV, V as well.

The game is based off the first movie. Not only does pulling quotes from other movies not fit the theme of the first movie but you also would need additional licensing to pull that off. (not mansplaining)

#8588 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

the 2 grand difference between the SE and CE is basically pure profit

Um…no

#8724 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Spooky will do whatever interests him (*subject to licensing acquisitions) - that's the perks of being the BOSS.
Ultraman, Dominos, Jetsons, R&M, TNA were not "spooky" titles at all.
Keep Spooky....quirky. His passion is the magic X factor - no matter what the next title is.

Their niche is horror/sci fi. Take a look at all of their games and you will see that. Dominos and Jetsons were contract games, not Spooky brand games.

#9105 2 years ago

Pokemon is THE video game to make for pinball. The theme is perfect.

1 week later
#9421 2 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Gladiators is pretty cool. The software has issues, but it's not as bad as most.

Gladiators is a great layout but has a serious scoring exploit.

#9795 2 years ago

(edited)

#9802 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

He meant Mr Clean made an off color remark, regretted it and deleted it. End of story. DakotaMike wasn’t defending it, so he doesn’t need to be labeled or scolded.
This cancel culture crap is WAY out of hand. People make mistakes. Forgive them and move on. No need to keep pounding on the guy.

No one is piling up on the guy. Why does everyone pull the "cancel culture" card when they get called out for being a creep?

#9844 2 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

This whole triggered thing isn't new. Growing up in the eighties I got into fights over stupid stuff. Now it's all online. No way to get closure. We'd throw down and it was over.
Now arguments can fester and boil. Pandemic made things worse. Cancel culture in my opinion is trying to damage a persons reputation by continuous slanders and insults until the 'collective' agrees and that person is thrown out of the populous congregation. Seems you are triggered by one statement which set you into a post after post attack. So cancel culture applies here. Again, text sucks compared to conversation.

Triggered, cancel culture, white knights...we got the trifecta of redirection here. No one is getting canceled. Someone got called out for saying some inappropriate things. That is what happens in a forum...people discuss. OP apologized...I literally upvoted his post and moved on. You should too.

#9849 2 years ago
Quoted from monkfe:

The playfields may be thinner, but they're made of , in my opinion, a better grade multi-ply plywood. This has its issues as the flippers stand more proud ( now corrected) as well an any other switch or scoop originally made for a standard thickness playfield...the switches seem to be adjustable enough to work, and I've never adjusted mine on my R &M , but occasionally miss a switch hit...

I had some issues with the outer orbit switch of my R&M. I just couldn't get it adjusted to where it was consistent. I ended up installing a mag switch. Works great but definitely makes the game play faster!

#9873 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I assume this is not very involved?

It’s pretty easy. Just snipping the wires, removing the old switch and then installing the mag switch and soldering the leads. The switches themselves are pricey. I ended up buying four to replace all the orbit switches though.

#9886 2 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

I think there is a big opportunity for you.
OPEN UP THE SOURCE CODE to an extent. Let the home owners, tweak the rules - invite them to fix the code when it breaks.
Invite them to propose an idea and show you there work.

Commercial pinball will never be open source. Well I guess PROC counts but I don't think anyone can modify code in released games

#9907 2 years ago

I don’t understand the reasoning for this? Just put it on the inside bottom of the cabinet instead? Just why create possible problems that have yet to be seen since no one that I know of ever put an MPU and driver board attached to the underside of the playfield.

Why would you have your boards installed on the inside bottom of the cabinet? All of the wiring leading to the playfield would have to have extra slack to accommodate lifting the playfield. Also imagine something dropping inside of the cabinet and falling onto the board ie loose parts or a ball dropping when you forget to clear the trough before lifting the playfield. That is a recipe for disaster!

#9921 2 years ago

But glad you felt the need to chime in. Thanks

No problem. I am here to point out any other dumb ideas.

#9991 2 years ago

Grabbed a little video while my friend was playing.

#10006 2 years ago

Love the subway system in it. You don’t know where the ball will come out, looks that way anyway. Thanks for posting!

Yea almost everyone that played was doing a double take as their ball drained or quickly saved it. I had a good ball. Unfortunately no video. It was fun to play. Lots of different length shots. I think that was my favorite part so far. Those led strips were not blinding or distracting for me personally. I can see how some might think it would look cheap in a rope light sort of way. The lighting in the building is not optimal for playing. The artwork is amazing. The trim is definitely purple. Fit and finish were nice. LCD was just ok. But I didn’t have time to look at it much.

#10025 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

There is a visual prompt (flashing inlane) AND an audio prompt for incoming balls via servo lift. I think the person in the video may have just not had a clue what was going on.

To be fair, every person stepping up to the game is playing it for the first time. If you looked at the playfield without any context you would assume that when shooting the scoop on the right, it would eject the ball back to the flippers from the same hole.

1 week later
#10165 2 years ago
Quoted from Billygrippo:

Like I said before.....
License or not...
7-9k for some plywood not even the best...and cheap as you can go with boards and whathavyou “Ben Heck”.
No game play, shitty trailer etc! Get it together! I think spooky might be realizing how others cut corners and are taking note incorporating slowly. Not a bad thing, but not a good thing. I would love to up my profit margin as well, but I’m not gonna do it starts pissing people off. You know damn well it does, so don’t criticize me while your being quiet so you can look like the good guy!
I’d rather have a no licensed game so we could get better PR and full value!

giphy.gifgiphy.gif
#10268 2 years ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

Was Bugs shirt at Allentown last week a hint or just another red herring?
[quoted image]

It was an amazing troll job.

#10277 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Yeah, and to be fair, I have some criticism about Ultraman as well. Scores look small and harder to read than HW, and they may need to tone down that sound that plays when the ball hits the slings....like...I can definitely see that getting to be annoying. It's super loud and when they're being hit all the time in multiball....oof. I like the sound effect, reminds me of 80's pins, but the volume on it might need some looking at.
We already know there's at least one bug currently with sound levels. Could easily be a part of that.

That has been my only criticism so far. The screen is not as readable as Halloween. Not a fan of how they laid out the information for players. It really isn't a deal breaker for me since it's not something I am looking at most of the time. Hopefully they can redesign the layout a bit but I am not holding my breath.

#10282 2 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

I can't see complaining about how the display looks on a Video Stream.

I am speaking from first hand experience playing the game. Again, not a deal breaker but the layout and design of the assets could use a bit more design direction.

1 week later
#10328 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Buy a license? With my own money? Screw that!
Last I knew the first licensed non remake CGC game is not Pulp Fiction. Kind of a strange theme IMO, if a Tarantino movie HAD to become a pin I'd go with Kill Bill.

I agree. Kill Bill's story would be much a better translation to a pinball ruleset.

3 months later
#10407 2 years ago
Quoted from GoldenBeard:

How does one purchase a machine at release from spooky or a distributor?
I was kind of poking around on their site. I’m assuming they have some type of limited release on their site. Halloween looks awesome but don’t want to pay $12k for collectors haha
However, I would totally pay $12k for Weird Al WAPP

Halloween isn't 12K

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Performance Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wilkes-barre, PA
$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

€ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Discos Pinball Mod Shop

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

$ 17.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lermods

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Woodinville, WA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinbald Mods

$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 238.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider palmer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-2021-game-speculation-thread?tu=palmer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.