harley-quinn-legends-of-the-dark-knight-1_dc-comics_silo (resized).png
tumblr_ndd9vhv4uu1qedb29o1_500.gif
IMG_1836 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1833 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1832 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1125 Great outline of different types of buyers. Posted by mrclean (2 years ago)

Post #6466 First release video Posted by Borygard (2 years ago)

Post #7251 Led strip explanations Posted by SpookyLuke (2 years ago)

Post #9021 Spooky interview on podcast. July 12, 2021 Posted by ZMeny (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider monitorpop.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8444 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Anyone know what order# they started at yesterday @ 9am? My order was confirmed at 9:06am - just kinda curious where I fall in line for a CE Halloween. I have a feeling I may get it earlier than expected…

Not exactly what you’re asking for but I placed these merch orders ~35hrs before and ~13hrs after the on-sale:

Order ID Number: 11128
Order Date: 07/05/21 9:48pm

Order ID Number: 11866
Order Date: 07/07/21 9:56pm

2 weeks later
#9680 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

So ordering direct, even 45 mins later after the store crashed, would be the better move to get a game sooner than ordering from a distro in the first 5 mins. That’s puzzling, but you learn new things everyday. My order went thru at 9:07 CST. I figured top 250-300…I was way off. I’m in the 700s. People who ordered 40 mins later from Spooky are ahead. Weird system. At least I’ll know if this pin is a huge hit, a bummer or somewhere in between long before then.

I hear what your saying but it’s not really weird or the intended system. Just the math of distributor orders going through as fast as users could place them (water being poured directly in a bucket) VS the Spooky site tech not being able to handle demand and slowly getting orders through after multiple attempts (water being poured through a funnel, overflowing, wet vac cleanup, then poured back at the top of the funnel). Spooky had 50% of supply but likely had more than 50% of the demand before people jumped ship over to distributors. If Spooky’s site didn’t have performance issues, their bucket would have likely filled up At a faster rate than distributors (who ultimately took longer to sell out). If everything worked as intended the only real preference given to direct sales is the first 50 split going there.

#9681 2 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

as long as it was still in my cart it was not part of current available inventory and I had a chance at buying it.

I wouldn’t recommend counting on that for future Spooky sales. Items added to cart are not held / taken out of available inventory on the Spooky site. I had a CE in my cart after sellout that gave an inventory error when proceeding to checkout.

#10037 2 years ago

Just picked up this comic book to frame / hang on the wall between R&M and HWN.

25D5DF1E-AD88-451F-A771-B6F52ED2EC9B (resized).jpeg25D5DF1E-AD88-451F-A771-B6F52ED2EC9B (resized).jpeg
#10119 2 years ago

I was at the post office today and saw these Scooby and Hot Wheels stamps on the wall. Made me think Scooby might be a better fit for American Pinball… while Spooky focuses on things that would never make it on US postage.

20376BD2-8A80-427E-8C71-8B60E0AD4596 (resized).jpeg20376BD2-8A80-427E-8C71-8B60E0AD4596 (resized).jpeg
#10120 2 years ago

Yes! My personal holy grail pinball would be Pee-Wee’s Big Adventure.

Rube Goldberg machine breakfast, The Alamo (basement?), Route 66 dinosaur, Francis, evil clowns, Large Marge!, etc…

Quoted from Morinack:

Beetlejuice could be an amazing game.
Personally I would love to see Spooky lock up a contract for all things Tim Burton.

#10149 2 years ago
Quoted from Lopa:

This is pinball not the stock market.

Are you sure? JJP CEs sure seem like MEME stocks…

#10151 2 years ago
Quoted from Lopa:

I guess we’ll wait and see. Not sure pinball is the best way to pad your portfolio but do you.

Just sarcasm based on how much JJP CE’s go for despite the foundational problems with them. I have zero interest in selling pinballs machines for profit and a game play video isn’t going to change my mind either way.

#10290 2 years ago

Agreed. I personally love the branding. It has personality that fits the company and team culture. It’s more fun/offbeat than scary… which fits their non-mainstream themes.

Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I like the branding, it sets them apart. “Emery Pinball” doesn’t sound necessarily fun, interesting or exciting to me. And not every game that Spooky makes has to be a horror slasher supernatural thing. It is working for them and they selling out games. Why try to fix what’s not broken?

3 months later
#10396 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

The next game is one of the titles discussed in this thread. If that narrows it down lol

Pee-Wee’s Big Adventure! Yes!!!

1 month later
#10472 2 years ago

I personally have no interest in a Weird Al theme… but aligning with the release of a movie about him (staring Harry Potter) seems like good timing:

EF7DF225-4A29-4EC7-B252-CAD1C706B662 (resized).jpegEF7DF225-4A29-4EC7-B252-CAD1C706B662 (resized).jpeg
4 weeks later
#10586 2 years ago

Pretty stoked that I don’t have to worry about Spooky making that pin now.

Quoted from TreyBo69:

All the people talking Weird Al should check out Multimorphics new license

2 months later
#10793 1 year ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

I've been way out of the loop about Total Nuclear Annihilation 2nd production run. Is this something possible given they stopped original run at 550?
I'm still kicking myself not putting myself on the wait list in 2017 during CAX. Ugh....
How likely Spooky would do another TNA run?

Very likely. The designer has posted about updated features it will include that current owners would be able to upgrade separately. Also, Spooky will likely need some time after HWN to get their next game dialed in with deeper code before release… and they can’t just let a production line go dead.

#10797 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

We added a lot of talent in the last year. That has allowed us to keep pumping code into Halloween and Ultraman while starting on future projects.

Great to hear! Looking forward to Pee-Wee’s Big Adventure!

6 months later
#11791 1 year ago

#11843 1 year ago

Spooky’s Pee-Wee’s Big Adventure pin coming in 2024.

#11848 1 year ago
Quoted from Crumbalimb:

JJP is going to make Pee-Wee.

That would be brutal. Dream theme but overpriced with a chipped playfield, no fun mechs… or even Paul Reubens doing the callouts.

#11861 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Gawd, I hope not. They'll base it on the newer Netflix movie or some shit.

LOL!!!!

#11879 1 year ago
Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

As a Fang club member, will we be able to buy directly from Spooky or will we need to buy through a distributor (like PinballSTAR Amusements)?

Past release had half sold through distributors and half direct via Spooky’s site. Both required Fang Club memberships for the initial release… which sold out before an official general public sale. Spooky may or may not do it the same way this time.

#11884 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

TS4 was overpriced for sure and it could have had a cool mech or two but the playfields are fucking perfect!
Check into something before you criticize.

Years of poorly addressing a major consumer issue tends to damage a brands reputation for a long time. Most are not going to keep checking back to see if a company finally got their shit together. It’s on them to build their reputation back up and instill confidence that future issues won’t be ignored or blamed on consumers. Great to hear people are not getting F’d on playfields this time but my general criticism still stands for now. However, I hope time proves they have actually fixed not just the playfield… but more importantly, how they treat their consumers.

I don’t care one way or another about Scooby Doo but I plan on getting one because Spooky is a brand / group of people I want to support. They have issues like everyone else but they take care of their consumers, always do what they say they are going to do, and bring a unique gameplay experience to pinball.

#11885 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

Wouldn't they need to start production real soon? They seem to have about finished up HW/UM's production and TNA will be done very soon too, they will need something on the line at their factory soon, they can't have a factory not doing anything for a long period of time, that's alot of paying employees to do nothing. So that should mean production of Scooby would likely be starting up fairly soon.

Agree with this. I wouldn’t be surprised if they already started building some Scooby pins. No way they want to turn off the production line and there is no reason they can’t get production going on the physical side while getting code to a good place for release… since they likely learned their lesson on releasing with thin early code.

1 week later
#12019 1 year ago

My top 3 Spooky Pinball dream themes:

1. Pee-Wee’s Big Adventure
2. Goonies
3. Black Sabbath

1 month later
#12175 1 year ago

If you have RZ + ACNC… a poster for this upcoming tour hanging between then could be pretty awesome.

391C9B96-2693-4ECD-A2DB-4FD3249850A2 (resized).jpeg391C9B96-2693-4ECD-A2DB-4FD3249850A2 (resized).jpeg
2 months later
#12377 1 year ago

Stoked for the new pin benheck is working on w/ Spooky!

0DBCF54C-85A5-43F7-B240-931802DF7B70 (resized).jpeg0DBCF54C-85A5-43F7-B240-931802DF7B70 (resized).jpeg
2 months later
#12519 9 months ago
Quoted from spooky_dj:

How do y'all feel about Westworld?

1st season was great. Rest was a mix of good and crap… but pissed that it got cancelled without a proper final season/episode.

2 weeks later
#12556 8 months ago

I hope Spooky got Paul Reubens to do the callouts for their Pee-Wee’s Big Adventure pin before he passed yesterday.

1 month later
#12663 7 months ago
Quoted from Pinhead_:

Halloween seems really fun in videos, haven't seen a single one on location sadly.

I own Halloween, Scooby, and Rick & Morty. I enjoy them all but the pin my wife and I play the most is Halloween. The recent code/sound updates have made it especially good.

2 months later
#12891 4 months ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:Pops are fun. Pop clusters without danger are not.
I kinda hope they don't do another upper playfield...but I know they love them

The pop on R&M is the best. Makes me wish Scooby had one on the right that could pop the ball into the drop targets on the left.

I’m also ready for a pin without an upper playfield after buying Halloween and Scooby.

#12913 4 months ago
IMG_0999 (resized).pngIMG_0999 (resized).pngIMG_1001 (resized).jpegIMG_1001 (resized).jpeg
#13067 4 months ago
Quoted from blastbeat:

Got rid of Halloween and already regret it. Had it a while though. Lately thinking of a scooby and now these. Man they crush themes for my taste. Awesome selections here. I'm a nerd and a horror fan my whole life too. Damn.

After owning Halloween, Scooby, and Rick & Morty for several months… I find that Halloween is my most frequent go to. Early code was pretty rough for way too long but the new coder made it F’n great. I’m not even a fan of the movie but it’s the most fun pin to play. The audio with an external sub is also the best. Start sanitarium mode and it feels like my house is coming down.

#13068 4 months ago

Didn’t have time to hang it up yet but loving the new spooky neon sign I just got in the mail.

IMG_1008 (resized).jpegIMG_1008 (resized).jpeg
#13069 4 months ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Spooky is company that has proven that they learn from their mistakes so I’m going to bet that this dual release goes far smoother than HE/UM. I was out on these but now after seeing there’s possibly a pro equivalent model my wallet may not be safe.

Looks like they are proving it again!

IMG_1011 (resized).jpegIMG_1011 (resized).jpeg
#13087 4 months ago

Hope we get to see the pins…

IMG_1012 (resized).jpegIMG_1012 (resized).jpeg
#13097 4 months ago
Quoted from stubborngamer:

Dual theme huh? The last one must have sold well despite the fact I can't find anyone that has anything positive to say about the Ultraman one, and barely anyone that says something positive about Halloween.

Coding was the problem on Halloween and Ultraman. One developer wasn’t enough and then losing the developer and a new one having to get up to speed was brutal for too long. Now that the current developer has things polished, it’s great and Halloween is the most played game in my collection.

This time around, Spooky has separate development TEAMS for each… so shouldn’t see the same issue.

#13098 4 months ago
Quoted from LouMatt:

Spooky does learn...they added a time zone this time to the announcement of 10:00, haha.

That was my same reply to their FB post!

#13118 4 months ago

1 week later
#13167 4 months ago
Quoted from simpswho:

really, so the remake of TNA never happened?

On the stream they said they would never make more of a limited pin than the number they stated as the max at the start. TNA was never limited to a number. Even with the most recent run they said more could be made in the future. They are basically the manufacturer of Scott Danesi’s pin… and he could have more made through them or another parter at any point.

2 weeks later
#13190 3 months ago
Quoted from puristish:

I am really impressed by Spooky. Pretty amazing what they built and the quality of their games.
I hope their next themes cater to the 90s kids. I want to love Looney Tunes, but I have no connection to the brand. I understand. Older licenses are easier to get.
Goonies would be amazing and spooky would do it justice.

100% agree.

Goonies is my #2 dream theme… only behind Pee-Wes’s Big Adventure.

#13208 3 months ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

I'm pretty sure its a standalone title. Wouldn't shock me if its horror theme as that is their niche.
Yes they have done Scooby and now LT but looking their titles mainly horror.
Of course Goonies would off the charts cool too.

In this market, I think it would have to be a major license like Goonies (which would be AMAZING!) to sell enough as standalone title. Something like Evil Dead would likely need a dual theme to keep the production line going.

I’d be surprised if they don’t at least have a new reveal by end of year.

#13211 3 months ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I wouldn't read too much into this. We're really just trying to push things in both directions, so we can update old games while also getting further and further ahead on future games.

OK, we will stop posting about this so you don’t get in trouble with the boss.

1 week later
#13257 3 months ago
Quoted from cookpins:

Charlie let it slip on Bug's stream last night that they have another horror movie theme in the works

I like the dual horror / family friendly theme approach with separate coding teams… Especially if if the next FF theme is Pee-Wee’s Big Adventure.

1 week later
#13292 3 months ago

All signs point to Beetlejuice (Warner Brothers trademark) and I’m stoked to see what Spooky does with it. Callouts by Michael Keaton (one of Bug’s “all time favorite actors”), art by Christopher Franchi (who has been in many recent Spooky stream chats), and code/rules by Luke Peters (with some of his ideas posted in this thread before he worked for Spooky)… maybe as early as this fall (to coincide w/ the new movie). I just hope it is based on the first movie (unlike JJPs TS4).

While I personally prefer Pee-Wee’s Big Adventure (also WB) or Edward Scissorhands movies from Tim Burton, it would be hard to not to add a Spooky made Beetlejuice pinball rockin Harry Belafonte songs to my game room.
IMG_1460 (resized).jpegIMG_1460 (resized).jpeg

#13302 3 months ago

After Spooky is done with Beetlejuice, Goonies, Pee-Wee’s Big Adventure, and Evil Dead… How about this Bill Paxton classic?

IMG_1473 (resized).jpegIMG_1473 (resized).jpeg
#13309 3 months ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

If we’re talking IP’s concerning great women created by science may I suggest the most excellent show of all time.
[quoted image][quoted image]

She really is a small wonder…

1 week later
#13323 79 days ago

The wait for Franchi’s Beetlejuice art on a Spooky is almost over.
IMG_1832 (resized).jpegIMG_1832 (resized).jpeg

Now the only question… will the sandworm eat the ball?

IMG_1833 (resized).jpegIMG_1833 (resized).jpeg
#13328 79 days ago
Quoted from benheck:

The question is, will Beetlejuice go Hawaiian?

Not sure how that could be topped!

IMG_1836 (resized).jpegIMG_1836 (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#13384 32 days ago
Quoted from Pinbarclay:

Kaneda says Spooky is doing Beetlejuice.
What do we think? Movie 1 only? Or try to incorporate the new one?

All signs point to yes. OG Beetlejuice only with Harry Belafonte songs. Hopefully everyone learned from TS4.

#13396 29 days ago

So bad it could be good

IMG_2700 (resized).jpegIMG_2700 (resized).jpeg
#13398 27 days ago
Quoted from curban:

...if you're going with the fake trailers turned into actual movies, then I think Machete has a lot more content for a pinball machine.
Especially if timed with the release of Machete Kills Again...in Space!

I could see that being great fun too.

I had no idea that Hobo With A Shotgun was originally a fake trailer. I saw it at the SXSW film festival many years ago when it first came out. Theatre full of people had a blast.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Performance Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Northport, NY
$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

€ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Discos Pinball Mod Shop

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

$ 17.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lermods

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

5,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
South Kingstown, RI
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinbald Mods

$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 238.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider monitorpop.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-2021-game-speculation-thread?tu=monitorpop and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.