harley-quinn-legends-of-the-dark-knight-1_dc-comics_silo (resized).png
tumblr_ndd9vhv4uu1qedb29o1_500.gif
IMG_1836 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1833 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1832 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1125 Great outline of different types of buyers. Posted by mrclean (2 years ago)

Post #6466 First release video Posted by Borygard (2 years ago)

Post #7251 Led strip explanations Posted by SpookyLuke (2 years ago)

Post #9021 Spooky interview on podcast. July 12, 2021 Posted by ZMeny (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lounge.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2509 2 years ago

Spooky has got a great niche’ with the quirky themes. I’d be surprised and a little disappointed if they moved away from that model.

#2550 2 years ago

Night of The Living Dead

#2760 2 years ago

<** FLICKS LIGHTS ON **>

What in the fuck is going on in here?!

#2941 2 years ago

This thread is worse than the Next Stern Pin thread

#2943 2 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

That’s not the point ??
Regardless, can’t wait !

He-Man???

#2985 2 years ago
Quoted from oneballjab:

Ok here goes...
For everyone who appreciates the student body, this movie is a monkey spanking good time!
Watch as the psycho killer stalks and impales sexy cheerleaders with his 10 inches of steel.
All he wants is head...doesn’t matter if it’s decapitated.
Packed with juggies for hours of tuggies, get ready to sling some yogurt!
What’s the verdict?
I had to dial up the horny to 100 but wasn’t bad for a first attempt I thought Haha

#3054 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I think the point has been made. Ya'll want Spooky Evil Dead and Scooby-Doo.
Neither of which are the next game.

Did you help design the next release?

#3261 2 years ago
Quoted from oneballjab:

If you’re right on this then I’m going to have to hold out for 4 months.
I really like the idea of a Freddy machine but an Ash pin is a must own dream theme for me.

^^^ +1

#3312 2 years ago

Believe it or not, there was pinball before Pinside.

#3318 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

“Our whole universe was in a hot, dense state
Then nearly fourteen billion years ago expansion started, wait
The earth began to cool, the autotrophs began to drool
Neanderthals developed tools
We built a wall (we built the pyramids)
Math, science, history, unraveling the mysteries
That all started with the big bang! Hey!
Since the dawn of man is really not that long
As every galaxy was formed in less time than it takes to sing this song
A fraction of a second and the elements were made
The bipeds stood up straight, the dinosaurs all met their fate
They tried to leap but they were late
And they all died (they froze their asses off)
The oceans and Pangea, see ya wouldn't wanna be ya
Set in motion by the same big bang!
It all started with the big bang!
It's expanding ever outward but one day
It will cause the stars to go the other way
Collapsing ever inward, we won't be here, it won't be hurt
Our best and brightest figure that it'll make an even bigger bang!
Australopithecus would really have been sick of us
Debating how we're here, they're catching deer (we're catching viruses)
Religion or astronomy (Descartes or Deuteronomy)
Music and mythology, Einstein and astrology
It all started with the big bang!“
- Ed Robertson
I know he browses this site & loves pinball... shout out to Ed Robertson of the BNL...

“You just did just what I thought you were gonna’ do.”

#3335 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

… in the near future!

#3344 2 years ago

This is great news.

#3356 2 years ago

Not sure what you mean by RGP but my comment was in regards to being in the hobby longer than ones Pinside ‘age.’

I.E. I’m only one in Pinside years but I started playing pinball in 1976 … I was 8. And owned my first machine when I was in high school.

#3956 2 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Notice the sign “Spooky St”, i.e. Nightmare on Elm Street[quoted image]

#3971 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Rumor is now August Neverteenth.

You’re getting Spooky confused with Deeproot.

#4057 2 years ago

Woof

923C6051-8D61-44BC-99D7-5183B09D1496 (resized).jpeg923C6051-8D61-44BC-99D7-5183B09D1496 (resized).jpeg
#4653 2 years ago

Going to have to be a mind-blowingly interesting playfield to get me to bite on a Halloween pin.

#5267 2 years ago

Zombeavers

Yes, it’s a real movie… not a real good one but that’s kinda the point.

FCCB8177-525F-4E2E-B795-5DCDF3157FEC (resized).jpegFCCB8177-525F-4E2E-B795-5DCDF3157FEC (resized).jpeg
#5427 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Jesus Mary and Joseph...

It’s that bible pin Ben talked about!!

#5692 2 years ago

#5698 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Freak:

Think the thread needs a laugh or a ....cough cough! Clown Sticker in my Fang Club could be a hint! Cheech and Chong If not I at least know why the ghosts eyes are red ha ha[quoted image]

Cheech & Chong is the best suggestion in this entire thread.

Insta-buy CE.

Army of Darkenss just moved to #2.

#5702 2 years ago

Cheech and Chong…

Talk about an easy license to get…. iirc, they own the rights to their movies - at least the early ones. Saw an interview where they were saying they were so low budget the studio basically said, fuck it do what you want - thinking it would go nowhere.

Cult classics now.

#5740 2 years ago

What’s it gonna’ be boy….. yes, or no?

#5756 2 years ago

I gotta’ know right now…

#5757 2 years ago

You bastards just cost me $1.29 in the itunes store.

#5917 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I'd go Rocky Horror
[quoted image]

Wouldn’t exactly call it “obscure.”

#5932 2 years ago

Come up to the lab and see what’s on the……. slab.

#5934 2 years ago

Fawkin’ Charlie trolling hard.

Level UP, sir.

#5944 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

Lol... thanks everyone! Ya'll keep speculating. I'll tell ya this, if there was something to say and not saying there is or isn't, I would be a fan of Rocky Horror or the Loaf. Not saying there is something to talk about, but probably not either of those if there was, which there might be. Or not.
Trust me. I would do anything... for pinball.
Back to work! Thanks for the fun today.

3082C76D-713A-42EB-BE2B-2F8BBFF2C8FE (resized).jpeg3082C76D-713A-42EB-BE2B-2F8BBFF2C8FE (resized).jpeg
#5968 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Four hundred posts in one day. I was so excited thinking Spooky announced the 2nd theme. Charlie even made multiple posts. And what did we get?
1) Charlie confirmed it won’t be long now.
2) Halloween backglass was shown, and it is spectacular.
3) Mr Loaf was suggested as a tie-in to the other title.
4) New contenders were mentioned and Rocky Horror Picture Show (RHPS) became the top guess.
5) Ben Heck needs a new car.
So it was a good run and a successful day.

Yep…. nothing.

#6286 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Does anyone know how to use the fang membership when ordering on release? Like input your email address etc, or do you just send a selfie with the dracula pinball holder?

They’ll notify members the day prior and you have to be logged in to purchase.

#6317 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

I think the only thing confirmed is that it isn’t horror. As far as I recall, the rest all came from sources not directly related to Spooky.

And I believe Luke used the term “obscure” - so not main stream or popular.

#6400 2 years ago

I grew up with Ultraman. Loved it back in the day. Tried to watch the OG (dude in the disco suit) with my son years ago - horrible. It’s going to look awesome next to an Elwin Godzilla.

I’m IN!!!

#6401 2 years ago
Quoted from HC2016:

So is it official , is it Ultraman , or is it still a guess ?

Still a guess but we should find out today.

#6403 2 years ago

And I have to hand it to Spooky….

This (hopefully) new business model of creating two games based on one playfield is absolutely genius. 2 X roi from an engineering cost effectiveness standpoint. Double the games, one assembly line, double the theme interest. It’s brilliant.

#6409 2 years ago
Quoted from HC2016:

I believe they watch the threads and listen to us

100%

#6439 2 years ago

Please not Grateful Dead. Doesn’t translate well to pinball.

#6443 2 years ago
Quoted from donkadelic:

Classic Pinside pre-judgement.

Truckin’ multiball … please.

#6584 2 years ago
E53B5D79-5D7D-4993-A0D1-F2A95F007971 (resized).jpegE53B5D79-5D7D-4993-A0D1-F2A95F007971 (resized).jpeg
#6608 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

The whole Fang Club thing...sucks. Every pun intended. I'd be interested in Ultraman, but not particularly Halloween, but I'm not interested in pissing 45 dollars into a fire just to SEE the thing.

You’re buying an option to purchase earlier than the public. So $9,000 for a pin is okay but you draw the line at $9,045?

Edit: just saw your post to Charlie - sarcasm retracted.

#6843 2 years ago

spooky_dj

Welcome to the asylum. Show us that code!

#7016 2 years ago

SpookyLuke - what’s the breakdown of Ultraman machines? CE, SE, etc?

#7309 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I like Ultraman because it's a campy kaiju goodness. Has nothing to do with the quantity.

This ^^

And I grew up with UM - nostalgia is playing a large part of this for me also.

#7460 2 years ago

Protest with your wallet.

#7530 2 years ago

Why not just UM?

#8128 2 years ago
Quoted from dr_nybble:

He's got 44 machines, I think she's used to it by now.
And 0 "owned in the past", a man after my own heart.

Jelly!

#8152 2 years ago

SpookyCharlie SpookyLuke spooky_dj

Wow - congratulations! Party in Wisconsin tonight. Still a few bumps in the road but many reasons to celebrate.

Cheers!

#8164 2 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

That's impressive for a small business, but they need to reinvest profits into their company, such as having a website that doesn't run on WordPress, and having a more professional checkout/order interface.
I'm hoping this time around, the don't nickle and dime cutting corners on quality like they did with R&M. Small things ike using single blade flipper switches instead of the ones every other game uses.
I'll be honest, seeing the topper with wires all exposed on the back like the R&M ones, makes me feel like they're still not putting a polished product out, bit we'll have to see when we get our hands on this one.

They have owned their mistakes and are committed to making improvements as per their video update. I have no reason to doubt them and I voted with my wallet today.

#8326 2 years ago

What I would like to see on future sales days is more of a tiered system with loyalty dividends. It would probably help with server loads as well but something like this…

9AM…. Fang Club + previous direct buyers - limit 2

10AM… Fang Club only - limit 2

11AM… All others - limit 2

You get the idea. Not a big fan of this “LeMans start” thing.

$0.02

#8332 2 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Logistically that a challenge. Just limit 1 game per membership on day 1. Then open it up on day 2 with no limit to members.

I totally understand the complications with my method above but it’s a better starting point than the race for the door that was the last few Spooky sale days. I just feel like there should be some loyalty to return buyers on top of Fang Club members. I would be interested to hear how many club members joined the day before going live.

Your idea makes sense too. Bottom line is there is some room for improvement.

#8359 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Except that you'd need to be returning that ball to the flipper, in theory.....unless you have modes start at the plunger, or something. Even then, that's not going to be a guaranteed staged ball for all gameplay, and the inconsistency of return speed I could see being WAY more frustrating than it just being a tiny bit slower all the time. It would certainly keep players on their toes though.
I can't see any logical way that balls could be staged there consistently. The game needs to be able to load them between games, otherwise you're always going to either be short a ball, or have a surplus of balls in the game. There's no other way to "stage" anything other than if a ball is locked in the lifter through normal gameplay.... I.E. you could get multiballs rolling faster, that way, but not general gameplay.
I mean, I'll be happy to advocate for your Genius Coder Award if you figure something out that works!

I believe Luke was alluding to the first ball the player shoots into the subway - right or left - becomes the staged ball for that lane. Then a ball gets served to the shooter lane and *~< ta-da>~* now you have instant recycle a’la Rick and Morty.

#8362 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Where's my balls?

Check your drawers.

#8671 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

So sell out before "all others" get a chance?
There is nothing wrong with Spooky's methods. They just need better servers

I beg to differ.

Loyalty dividends was the point.

“All others” didn’t get their chance with R&M nor this time either.

#8676 2 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I am very disappointed I missed out on the raffle. I would have 100% bought some spots.
I'm hoping another raffle goes up somewhere.
If anyone hears of one, please PM me.

jellikit - It would be nice to be able to sign up for raffle announcements via some sort of ‘news letter’ subscription from the Project Pinball website. I don’t think I saw that option available. Just a thought.

#8679 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Don’t be...all scoops lead to dual subways that feed the inlanes via servo elevators. Should be lightning fast returns. I’m more worried about ball hang ups (and servo hang ups) during the seven ball multi wiz mode. Have a feeling that I’ll want to lock in all seven balls to get the jackpots up then willing drain half of those 7 balls for a less chaotic gameplay. But...there are other games I do that on too. So...not a huge deal.

I dunno - I can imagine a strategy of getting all the balls in one subway and getting them fed to one flipper one at a time to try and collect jackpots while balls are trapped below.

#8885 2 years ago

#8886 2 years ago

#8887 2 years ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

How do they reconcile the time orders are placed amongst distributors and those who bought direct from spooky to ascertain our place in line?

You have an invoice number - they are consecutive.

Spooky then stated family and friends get built first and the the rest up to #50 go to direct sales. The next 50 orders are for distributors…. next 50 direct sales… etc.

Direct sales are in the order of invoice # and CE’s take precedence.

That’s how I understood the explanation.

#8888 2 years ago

Sorry - had to get post 8888 and since I already wasted two spots above….

#8926 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

Anyone else surprised there are spots still available at distributors?

Guessing most people don’t know distros have spots.

#9176 2 years ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

We watched Ultraman and Godzilla growing up in the 70’s and 80’s.

Same here.

Blew my mind when they announced Ultraman. Didn’t need to see it - didn’t care how much.

#9223 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

While you wait for your Halloween.
If you aren't interested in heavy music this probably isn't for you. If you are though, The Silver Scream is an excellent album for horror fans.

Breaking Benjamin meets Killswitch Engage.

#9373 2 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

…. to point the really anxious people to so they can have something to calm their nerves?

1) This isn’t Deeproot, it’s Spooky.

2) Go read the Rick & Morty thread.

3) Relax … this is going to take a little while.

#9378 2 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

No idea what you are on about…I know I’m last.

I was replying to this comment that I quoted…

Quoted from Agent_Hero:

…. so they can have something to calm their nerves?

#9464 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Fun with numbers:
Assuming Halloween games are all numbered 1 through 1250, and Ultraman games are all numbered 1 through 500, and assuming Halloweens and Ultramans are built simultaneously throughout the entire run:
If you have a Halloween number, take that number and multiply it by 0.4, add the result to your game number, and the total is your overall place in the build line.
If you have an Ultraman number, take that number and multiply it by 2.5, add the result to your game number, and the total is your overall place in the build line.
This is obviously a genral guesstimate and does not take into consideration any overseas build groups or other adjustments by Spooky for efficiency or whatever.

Wow.

I’d say get a hobby but…. well, here we are.

#9604 2 years ago

Oh, the irony.

#9671 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

So ordering direct, even 45 mins later after the store crashed, would be the better move to get a game sooner than ordering from a distro in the first 5 mins.

As I understand it, the distros have “blocks” of numbers allocated within the build queue. So, yes, you could be way back in that set.

As for direct sales, I think it came down to when the item was placed in the cart and not necessarily based on order number. I say that because I had a CE in my cart in the first few minutes but couldn’t check out for at least 40 minutes due to the processing server crashing.

I ended up with UM #86. I’m sure I would have been in the back of the line if the queue was based on the order number. Not trying to stir the pot - just my observation.

We’ll all get our games but no, I won’t trade you spots

#9676 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Kudos for the patience to wait 40 minutes to see if the game was still in your cart after waiting that long. I wasn't willing to take the chance to see what problem they were having with the site.

It wasn’t really ‘waiting’ as every time I checked my cart it was still in there.

I would hit the ‘checkout’ button and the page wouldn’t load. Hit ‘back.’ Hit the shopping cart and it was still in there. Repeat until the transaction executed.

I have a tech background and knew that as long as it was still in my cart it was not part of current available inventory and I had a chance at buying it. Paid off.

#9683 2 years ago
Quoted from monitorpop:

I wouldn’t recommend counting on that for future Spooky sales. Items added to cart are not held / taken out of available inventory on the Spooky site. I had a CE in my cart after sellout that gave an inventory error when proceeding to checkout.

Noted - got lucky I guess.

#9874 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I assume this is not very involved?

No, but it shouldn’t be the default answer. If I have to mess with this as much as R&M I’m going to be really bummed out.

#9943 2 years ago
Quoted from KSP1138:

This would be great, but I think we understand you have higher priorities right now. It might be a good thing that your code isn't open source already because I'd spend way too much time on that vs. playing.
Ultimately if/when the code for a licensed game is open source, and you could figure out a way to keep the assets locked down, I think you would get a lot of creative ideas (and free bug fixes) that could be rolled into the official code. I'm already thinking of stuff that could be done in Halloween like a “stab” mode where flipper hold time is reduced (rip-off of Mandalorian impossible mode) or an “injury” mode that would dynamically reduce flipper power if you miss shots.

Open source while keeping licensed assets secure would require a pretty whiz-bang API. And it would have to be fairly universal … at least by manufacturer.

Have to think about that some more.

5 months later
#10467 2 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Come on Spooky... you know Weird AL would do great callouts.and has a huge catalogue to pull from. I want a multiball song!
[quoted image]

Deadflip (JD) works for Stern. “Stern Pinball” is literally linked in the screen grab. Al is playing a Stern pin.

You do realize this has nothing to do with Spooky, right?

#10469 2 years ago
Quoted from Charlemagne1987:

Why does that matter? He’s playing pinball. Who cares who the manufacturer is? The point is that Al apparently has an interest in pinball. It’s highly doubtful that Stern would do a Weird Al pin, but it would be quirky enough to be in Spooky’s wheelhouse. I think that’s what he was trying to say.

Sure.

2 weeks later
#10553 2 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I hope its purely Evil Dead and very little AOD

I wouldn’t think Evil Dead has enough content on its own. And the one liners in AOD … “Yo… she-bitch. Lets go.”

6 months later
#11276 1 year ago

I hate to admit it, but I’m with iceman44 on this one.

Bought a R&M on theme alone and spent about a month practically rebuilding the playfield and buying or building replacement parts - MRS switches, diverter, moving ball guides, etc.. It’s fantastic now and will not be leaving my collection.

I got in on UM based on theme as well - it arrived doa and took months to get a new board to fix it. Played my first full game on it 2 months ago (#87 - it sat broken for several months). I’ll hang on to it because I would have to sell it for a loss. I do not look at pinball as an investment but I don’t want to lose my ass on it either, so it stays for now but will be the first to go when the next shiny thing that I need comes along.

I’ll be sitting in the bleachers on the next release and patiently wait until I see what I need to see to convince me I want it. But I think Ice is right. This next run - no matter what it is - won’t generate the same level of fomo as previous releases.

#11417 1 year ago
Quoted from dnapac:

I’m curious…how can they offer a huge discount on what’s sold.

Jimmy agrees to buy a new lawn mower from Sears and puts $20 down on layaway toward his $100 lawnmower. Jimmy loses his arms in a combine accident and has to sell his unpaid for lawnmower due to… well…

Robert buys Jimmy’s laid-away lawnmower from the store by paying the remaining $80. Hence, Robert now has a brand new $100 lawnmower for $80.

#11419 1 year ago
Quoted from dnapac:

So, the manufacturer of the lawnmower isn’t giving the discount…jimmy’s misfortune is…got it.

Except in the Spooky story no one loses their arms… that I know of.

#11487 1 year ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

How about
1) option to put in real name
2) option to add picture of actual self
3) some sort of verification of 1 & 2
4) Key: option to auto-ignore anyone missing those three things
All optional, and see where it goes... I guess it would either take off or it wouldn’t.
I would hope it would, as most pinball people are genuine and friendly.

You would have to create two profiles so you could argue with yourself. You’d be the only two here.

I’m not afraid of what I say or what others think about my opinions but I’m not about to spoon feed the internet more of my personal information. People love doing that shit though - I don’t get it.

1 week later
#11613 1 year ago
Quoted from Tyler_Durden:

I'm not supposed to talk about it, I already broke the first rule.

Best

Troll

Ever

#11616 1 year ago

I block everyone that mentions BTTF - see you in another life.

2 months later
#11710 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Who aren’t / weren’t real men from your generation and previous? Just so I have a point of reference. Like…Garfield? Don Knots?

Oooh, is this like a woke ‘burn?’

Look hard enough to be offended and you’ll find it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Charlotte, NC
$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
O'fallon, MO
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wilkes-barre, PA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, FL
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lounge.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-2021-game-speculation-thread?tu=lounge and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.