harley-quinn-legends-of-the-dark-knight-1_dc-comics_silo (resized).png
tumblr_ndd9vhv4uu1qedb29o1_500.gif
IMG_1836 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1833 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1832 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1125 Great outline of different types of buyers. Posted by mrclean (2 years ago)

Post #6466 First release video Posted by Borygard (2 years ago)

Post #7251 Led strip explanations Posted by SpookyLuke (2 years ago)

Post #9021 Spooky interview on podcast. July 12, 2021 Posted by ZMeny (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jediturtle.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5708 2 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

I'm still very curious how they will pull off 2 themes with one playfield... It can't really be a totally different theme from Halloween since the playfield art must be somewhat related to Halloween... I can't wait for the reveal!

I'm sure the playfields will have completely different art. Think Family Guy and Shrek.

#6633 2 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Anybody else a fang club member and not get the email?

Haven't gotten mine yet. Not freaking out yet...they posted a couple times that there may be some delays in the mass emails going out. I'm sure all will be fine.

#7029 2 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Is this mainly the first Halloween, or are the sequels also included?

First only.

#7289 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

This is Bug... Bug is at his desk with rules in front of him. On the other end of the headphones on Slack chat, is Bowen Kerins double checking Bug's rules. Bowen has more world championships than you.
Any questions?
[quoted image]

My honest opinion...we all need to give Bug the benefit of the doubt. Dude literally grew up with a love of both pinball and horror. His genuine passion for both has been publicly displayed for years. He's not going to F this up. Bowen watching his back just gives that much more confidence. Let's see what he can do before we assume the worst (I know...impossible to do around here... ).

IN BUG WE TRUST!

#7470 2 years ago

I'm not sure why people are having such a hard time with this. You are not being forced to buy into the Fang Club to purchase. A perk of the Fang Club is the ability to order 2 weeks before it is officially for sale to the public. You are not being forced to buy without seeing gameplay footage as the game is not yet available for sale to the public. I am fairly confident (and if I'm wrong, I'm wrong) that there will be gameplay footage available by the official public on sale date.

Now realistically, yes, Spooky has grown popular enough that there is a very real chance that they will sell out to the Fang Club members ahead of the public sale date. That is a risk you need to decide whether or not to take. That really isn't Spooky's fault...it's "ours". This was a nice thing Spooky decided to do for our benefit to give us enthusiasts a better shot at getting one as opposed to those nasty muggles. Those that are scrambling in just the last couple days to get a membership really aren't using the perk as intended. You shouldn't be trying to buy yourself a shot...you should be a fan of the company enjoying an extra perk. They probably should have shut down membership purchases about a month ago to avoid this, but imagine the complaining if they would have done that!

Spooky, and really all of the manufacturers, are just always in a no-win situation, aren't they. There is just no making everyone happy.

Best of luck to everyone buying today (for the right reasons, F you to the scalpers hoping for a quick flip).

#7475 2 years ago
Quoted from boustrophedonic:

Sure, but if they get lots of demand, they've effectively changed it from a fan club for us long-time Spooky die-hards to (at best) a $45 adder to the price and (at worst) a raffle ticket for a shot at buying the game. If the next game is one theme (rather than two) I think it'd be good to at least limit the Fang Club memberships sold to the number of machines available.

I get what you are saying, but how do they turn that back around? It's an awesome perk of the club to have early access. Do they take that away now and have no "loyalty program" available? Is it better to be F5'ing (yeah that's a verb now, LOL) against everyone rather than just other club members? I honestly don't know. I'm just bummed to see so many people assuming there is some sort of malicious intent or shady marketing behind how they are doing this. Anyone who knows them at all knows that is far from the truth.

#7479 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Then show the freaking gameplay. It’s not hard, it takes 30 minutes, they did it Rick and morty.

I'd love to see it too. My guess, and it's purely a guess, is they can't for some license related reason. Thinking about it logically, I'm sure they want to show it to us and would if they could, but they can't right now for whatever reason. Legal stuff is messy, and I'm sure timing and dealing licensing rights is a pain in the butt to do.

Spooky isn't the type of company that is going to purposely hide gameplay because it sucks. There's a reason, I'm sure. But part of the early access ordering is a level of risk. Those in the fang club would theoretically be fans enough of the company to believe in them and give them the benefit of the doubt.

Seriously for those on the fence, just wait. They are making a high enough number of machines that they will be available down the road. I don't think there is enough justification here for the level of FOMO we are seeing. Ultraman I can kind of see being way less units. HW is a very healthy run...more than many Stern titles.

#7792 2 years ago

Glad I went through my favorite distributor. Not sure everyone else's hesitation to do the same when the site is obviously struggling. I'm getting too old for that kind of stress, LOL.

2 weeks later
#9498 2 years ago

Again, I am 100% sure that IF Spooky could show us gameplay right now, they would. There is something, licensing or whatever, that is stopping them. I'm sure they want us to see it as bad as we want to see it. We as customers/enthusiasts/hobbiests have no idea what all these companies go through in the background. It's easy for us to say "well just do it". It is rarely that simple.

1 month later
#10343 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Halloween III is a terrific guilty pleasure horror flick from the early 80s. It’s actually pretty amazing that a film with a plot to mass murder children on Halloween doesn’t come off as tasteless trash, but it really doesn’t. Only the one annoying kid, Buddy Cupfur’s (or whatever his name is) kid gets the “final processing” onscreen, and he had it comin’. Great atmosphere, music by John Carpenter and villain played perfectly by Dan O’Herlihy (channeling Mr. Burns). And who doesn’t like Tom Atkins? 9 more weeks till Halloween…Halloween…Halloween.

Fantastic movie with an unfortunate name. Obviously it seemed like a good idea at the time to do the anthology thing with Halloween, but they already shot themselves in the foot by having 2 be about Michael (not complaining....that was a great movie too). Had H3 been named Silver Shamrock or heck even Death Mask, I think it would be looked at differently today. Instead both the main title of Halloween and the subtitle of Season of the Witch make people scratch their heads.

1 month later
#10379 2 years ago

If Spooky can someday make a Friday the 13th and Nightmare on Elm St, I am 100% in on CEs for both to line up with my Halloween! Would LOVE to see that set!

#10384 2 years ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

Those would both be great!
I’d also love to see Spooky make any of John Carpenters films into pins. Hopefully the relationship will continue in the future after Halloween is released. [quoted image]

1000% in on The Fog!!! Custom call-outs by Adrienne Barbeau. Oh man...I'm tingly just thinking about it!

#10389 2 years ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

The Fog is one of my all time Carpenter favorites. Also love The Thing. All of his films would make amazing themes for machines. [quoted image]

Mine too. Just watched it last night actually. The Thing isn't one of my favorites (not sure why), but I do still enjoy it. Watched that a few weeks back when the 4K came out. Awesome restoration. Just caught Prince of Darkness for the first time in a few decades the other night. Peacock is streaming it. Man I forgot how good that one was. Going to have to pick up the 4K one of these days. That would have some pretty awesome pinball possibilities in it too. Having some sort of swirling devil goo toy would be awesome. And they already have a good relationship with Alice Cooper, so it's meant to be!

1 month later
#10399 2 years ago
Quoted from mackey256:

Phantasm confirmed[quoted image]

Phantasm has insane amounts of potential for pinball. Not sure if it has the following for a good sized run, but maybe. I will personally be holding my breath for a shiny new Nightmare on Elm St and Friday the 13th machine to snuggle up next to my Halloween. I am a guaranteed buyer for both CEs! Make it happen Spooky Family!

#10424 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

The next game is one of the titles discussed in this thread. If that narrows it down lol

5wetit (resized).jpg5wetit (resized).jpg
2 months later
#10547 2 years ago
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
2 months later
#10760 1 year ago

I must be the only person in the world that loves Evil Dead better than 2 and much better than AoD. There is just something about that super low-budget, "indy movie that could" that makes it great.

But I still want a Nightmare on Elm St above all else. And then Friday the 13th.

7 months later
#12010 1 year ago
Quoted from Off2War:

Beavis and Butthead, someone needs to make it.
Would be funny as all hell

Having both heads on the playfield like Roadshow would be hilarious. Hit them in the face and get "OW! Knock it off, butthole!" It would be a great theme. Tons of possibilities.

1 year later
#13222 3 months ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

Also right after that,DJ mentioned space themes are his favorite.
Not many great horror space themes I could think of.
So maybe Voltron or Thundercats?
Also wish someone would do a 1978 Superman
[quoted image]

Jason X confirmed!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
7,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
5,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Lexington, KY
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

4,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fargo, ND
$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jediturtle.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-2021-game-speculation-thread?tu=jediturtle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.