harley-quinn-legends-of-the-dark-knight-1_dc-comics_silo (resized).png
tumblr_ndd9vhv4uu1qedb29o1_500.gif
IMG_1836 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1833 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1832 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1125 Great outline of different types of buyers. Posted by mrclean (2 years ago)

Post #6466 First release video Posted by Borygard (2 years ago)

Post #7251 Led strip explanations Posted by SpookyLuke (2 years ago)

Post #9021 Spooky interview on podcast. July 12, 2021 Posted by ZMeny (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider desertT1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#257 3 years ago
Quoted from fnord:

Imagine calling Alan Tudyk an unknown actor......
Which brings me to[quoted image]

While I don’t think Firefly is in a genre that Spooky would be stereotyped to, their appreciation of cult classic type of shows and movies would link up perfectly.

1 month later
#1230 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

The zombie genre is dead.
Just ask Deeproot's sales department.

Zombieland could be a great pin, and not even because of the zombie genre. As funny as this statement seems because of the title of the movie, but they aren’t even all that important. It’s funny, and the characters develop as the story goes. They kill Bill freaking Murray after he survives a mass zombie infection.

Do all the doom and gloom stuff, but pick up on the humor and character relationships. You know, everything Stranger Things whiffed at.

Also, really enjoy your level of participation in this thread Ben. Miss your podcast...

#1252 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

"Buying" implies a price of more than ZERO DOLLARS was offered.

“I know what to do way more than you do Chuck. I’ll take this puny operation of yours to the big time, just need the keys.”

I can’t even imagine how direct or foolish any conversation was phrased if this was during the Blowhard Bobby days. Pinball is easy...

1 week later
#1685 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

He's made lots of comments on it. But he has NOT said that it isn't the one.
That being said...I think he also trashed Goonies, Beetlejuice, and He-Man...wouldn't think he would do that if any of those were next...I do not recall him making lots of comments regarding Scooby though.
Or maybe he would...

He did make an entire joke thread about getting away with it too, if it weren’t for those meddling...

1 week later
#2083 2 years ago

Where’d everybody go? Too busy hitting refresh of Facebook?

#2090 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Crazy part is, if Stern hasn't thought of it already and Spooky really isn't doing SD next, reskinning Elvira as Scooby Doo is an easy fit and would sell way better than Elvira. The work is already mostly done. Nordman's design is solid and sir_tankalot delivered a great game, as usual. Throw on 3 art packages, reskin the code and viola! new, very in-demand game.
Could be one of Stern's top sellers.

Problem right now is not even Stern can keep up with demand for new games. Mando was delayed several weeks from their normal schedule and they revealed it with plenty of backlog.

Wasn’t RNM #740 for sale here recently? Said they were expecting the call to decide on options soon, which means built soon. Spooky is going to run out of RNM to build any day now and if they don’t announce soon are going to have the opportunity to be building them and announce with several in the box ready to ship.

#2140 2 years ago

benheck have you discussed what frameworks/languages your new board will run?

#2142 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Yes new games are using Pinotaur which is a board set designed by Parker Dillmann with firmware by me.
Fawsma is making his own API for Unity but we've also sent a board to Jan who is porting an MPF API to it as well.
We will be selling these boards to anyone who is interested, we have some extra beyond the first Spooky run to sell for evaluation purposes.

Cool. I “know” MPF (man I’m such a poser), and like the FAST group, but wouldn’t mind trying another board. If nothing else than the fun of having something new to hold and admire.

#2245 2 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

The latest Kanada podcast suggested it and it seems a few pinsiders thought it might actually happen. So I threw in my 2 cents why I think thats a crazy suggestion.

What you pointed out was exactly what I was going to say. Just because they have 2 lines does not mean they are releasing two games. Charlie has said that he doesn’t really like having some customers wait 18 months to get their games. With 2 lines maybe they can do 1,000 games over 9-12 months

When people throw out “two games at the same time” because Spooky has 2 lines they aren’t accounting for the need for 2 designers to iterate their layouts, 2 programmers (or teams) to do the software, and two different sets of line workers trained for their specific game. Plus, in the current era your supply chain manager will be trying to source more line items but in smaller quantities. If you build one game on two lines you source more QTY of fewer line items.

Long term I think Spooky could do it if they wanted, but why? Have a game in development while another game is on the line, and cycle the new one in when the current one is done. Repeat.

#2247 2 years ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

That was a weak effort.

Had I done it you wouldn’t have even gotten a rotated poster.

#2330 2 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Two manufacturers was the talk I was getting at. Not two spooky lines.
Who listens to kaneda anyway.
I commented on someones post about TWO MANUFACTURERS RELEASING A GAME AT THE SAME TIME.
There I wrote it really big so that maybe some don't totally miss the whole point this time.
This is about the most entertaining and hilarious thread on pinside atm! . Lovin' it!! . Go Spooky!!!

Guess I missed/misunderstood that part. I don’t really care if two companies show a new game on the same day. Some that you would have expected to be the next to show haven’t done anything in far too long on the new game front. Shit or get off the pot. *cough* CGC

1 week later
#3152 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

A Taco Bell pin would be fun and look good next to their Dominos pin
How many ways can you combo the same seven ingredients into different meals? Fourth meal multiball. Live mas extra ball. A swinging bell toy like ACDC. Game writes itself. (Although I have no idea what you do with the display)

I’ve said this a few times over the last few years. Taco Bell would be so easy to do a pin about. I’d even make sure there is a Mexican Pizza mode. My wife was (and still is) pissed when they took that off the menu.

#3176 2 years ago

TB has never given me issues. No clue what everyone’s issues are, but sucks for you I guess.

Buffalitos (and fries) for the win from BWW.

#3189 2 years ago

Sounds like my air conditioner is on.

#3196 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Everyone keeps saying Spooky is going to announce in June, did Spooky actually say this ? They also state for the Fang club...
"Ships once per year after April 30th-August 1st"
"To get in on this year's goodies, you MUST be signed up by August 1st"
Which to me seems like an August reveal.

Yes, they said they would announce some time in June.

#3363 2 years ago
Quoted from EchoVictor:

"...multiple playable upper playfields..."
Sounds like WoZ. Any other game have 2 upper playfields?
Later,
EV

WOZ: Killer Corpse Edition

#4006 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

You would think by now, people would realize that when pinball people make announcements about when things are coming, they should expect that date to not be met.

It’s still June. They were no more specific than that.

#4333 2 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Have we ever seen a pinball company ACTUALLY release a game at a similar time/schedule as releasing a new movie/tv series? I dont think I have ever seen Stern line that up.

T2 and Star Wars Episode 1.

#5972 2 years ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

No way.
Wayne's World is WAAAYYYY too obscure.

Them’s fightin’ words.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Arabi, LA
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Performance Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

€ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Discos Pinball Mod Shop

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

$ 17.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lermods

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinbald Mods

$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 238.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider desertT1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-2021-game-speculation-thread?tu=desertT1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.