harley-quinn-legends-of-the-dark-knight-1_dc-comics_silo (resized).png
tumblr_ndd9vhv4uu1qedb29o1_500.gif
IMG_1836 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1833 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1832 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1125 Great outline of different types of buyers. Posted by mrclean (2 years ago)

Post #6466 First release video Posted by Borygard (2 years ago)

Post #7251 Led strip explanations Posted by SpookyLuke (2 years ago)

Post #9021 Spooky interview on podcast. July 12, 2021 Posted by ZMeny (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dakotamike.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5659 2 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Isn't Poindexter a personal attack?

Yes...in 1975. Pretty sure that I heard it used in the 80s too. But thats about the last time anyone has used that one that I can remember.

#6277 2 years ago

Yeah, the original Halloween is really a good film, and rises above the "slasher" genre. Good cinematography, but's all about building up the tension and suspense. Lot's of Michael stalking Jamie Lee Curtis and her friends, as he slowly closes in on her. He barely kills anyone (maybe 3 deaths?, not counting the sister in the beginning). It's all mood and tension until the end. Very effective, but not very straightforward for a pinball machine.

I struggle to see how they'll pull it off. So in that regard, I'm very curious to see how Spooky will tackle this theme.

#8845 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

As a newbie I am curious why the guys who flip pins are put down, or ripped on for this practice?

That's like asking why don't people like concert ticket scalpers--Cuz it drives up prices and makes it harder for people that actually want to play the pins they buy, to get them

Reselling your game for a profit is totally fine. It's the folks that buy only to flip and don't even unbox or play them, that are oft maligned.

#9276 2 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:I am not a big horror fan, but I hardly think of Halloween (1978) as a hardcore horror flick. I don’t think you need to be a horror buff to enjoy this movie or theme. I think that is what makes this theme so awesome!

True. The first Halloween is really all about the tension and suspense. Barely any deaths or gore. Just a slow buildup to the climax. Michael Myers doesn't even really kill any random innocent bystanders, just people associated with Laurie Strode.

1 week later
#9796 2 years ago

Wow, you guys need to lighten up in here.

#9808 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

He meant Mr Clean made an off color remark, regretted it and deleted it. End of story. DakotaMike wasn’t defending it, so he doesn’t need to be labeled or scolded.
This cancel culture crap is WAY out of hand. People make mistakes. Forgive them and move on. No need to keep pounding on the guy.

Quoted from Damonator:

Because that’s exactly what it is - shout someone down, label them as misfits, and the mob keeps piling on.
The guy made a mistake. Instead of you calling him a scumbag, why not say “dude, that’s Charlie’s 18 year old daughter. Not cool.”
I’m not defending the initial comment and neither was DakotaMike, yet he got immediately labeled as a “misogynistic cliche” just for saying “lighten up”.
Slow to anger - quick to forgive. Getting those backwards makes for a miserable society.

Precisely. I was in no way defending the comment. I
just felt that we didn't need multiple posts about it. A simple downvote of the initial comment and an upvote of the first callout was more than enough

Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

He wants us all to be misogynistic clichés like him and his pal Mr.Clean. Probably the same guys honking at high school girls from their pick ups

EDIT: Not worth it.

#9918 2 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

These new games are not going to be as easy as RaM to get topside access to these orbit switch locations (and ball guides). I don't get why the orbit lane isn't narrower at the switch, or optos used?. It is going to be interesting to see how it pans out this time around. I get a feeling MRS will be more popular with this game than for RaM, just because the fix may be easier than pulling all the playfields off...

Well, Bug and Luke implied that it would be easy to take the upper PFs off and put them back on. I think they specifically said that was one of their priorities, based on the difficulty of assembly/disassembly of previous upper pfs.

#9951 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

There’s been many games with boards on the bottom of the cabinet, but they always have covers over them so that nothing falls on a board and shorts stuff out. It’s not ideal - but it’s not uncommon to see. The most recent I can recall having bottom cabinet boards are WoZ, Hobbit and Alien.

Also, the CGC remakes have some damn big boards attached to those pfs.

#10072 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

OK serious question: If I commissioned new awesome PF art and sold new PF for a stupidly high price like 2k would anyone bite?
This would obviously be a Trojan Horse for AMH VE

Sounds like an exciting prospect.

#10107 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Just as a general licensing question, not related specifically to HWN.
If a product is this far along, could the licensor pull the plug? Or are there repercussions if they attempted that?
Again, this is a general licensing issue question.

I mean Spooky and the IP owner will for sure have some sort of contract, so no, the licensor could not just pull out. At least not without breaking their contract. Which would open them up to all kinds of liabilities.

#10241 2 years ago

I liked them both, but I will admit that after a while I did find the atmosphere of Halloween kind of oppressing. I could only take the dark horror-theme and music for so long before I needed a palate cleanse. Which thankfully, UM provided.

This comes from someone that really likes 78 Halloween movie too. So I think I could only play HWN for short bursts.

#10251 2 years ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

I liked both games, Halloween was creepier and the music was amazing, of course. The screen animations were horrible, although I did see a short clip from the film at one point (very short) so that seems to indicate that there are more movie assets to come, so hopefully it doesn't turn into a JP with zero movie clips or call-outs from the film (we couldn't hear the call-outs during the stream but I'm pretty sure there are call-outs from the film as well).
But it was ULTRAMAN that won me over as I'd never heard of this IP before but loved the whole kitshiness of it all. The light show was pretty great, as well as the special sounds and even the shit on the screen worked with what the game was (and you can apparently set the game to play in "japanese", if interested). If I had them both in front of me, I'd probably play ULTRAMAN first, but they book look pretty sweet. Thanks to Spooky for having the stream even though the games are sold out and they didn't really have to, and Jack Danger for being a great host/player as per usual.

Hey man, show a little courtesy. The actual main animator for Halloween does pop up in these threads. Rather than say that they're horrible, why not give some constructive feedback. The main animator really wants to do the game and theme justice

Also, it must be tricky to do the animations and have them look good when they are currently coded to loop until the player makes their mode shots. So the same animation looping over and over is bound to look a little strange.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allen Park, MI
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Mooshue's Market

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 80.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 45.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Trade
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Protection
Gameroom Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wilkes-barre, PA
$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dakotamike.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-2021-game-speculation-thread?tu=dakotamike and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.