harley-quinn-legends-of-the-dark-knight-1_dc-comics_silo (resized).png
tumblr_ndd9vhv4uu1qedb29o1_500.gif
IMG_1836 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1833 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1832 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1125 Great outline of different types of buyers. Posted by mrclean (2 years ago)

Post #6466 First release video Posted by Borygard (2 years ago)

Post #7251 Led strip explanations Posted by SpookyLuke (2 years ago)

Post #9021 Spooky interview on podcast. July 12, 2021 Posted by ZMeny (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider curban.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#177 3 years ago
pasted_image (resized).jpegpasted_image (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#1319 2 years ago

You’re thinking of the wrong Halloween. It’s really:

56D04366-6977-43DF-A21D-457A3801CBBD (resized).jpeg56D04366-6977-43DF-A21D-457A3801CBBD (resized).jpeg
#1551 2 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

I was told its not Army of Darkness, however I must say I'd love Army of Darkness. Army of Darkness is one of the best cult classics ever!!!

...so it could still be Evil Dead or Ash vs.

Still holding out hope.

2 weeks later
#2436 2 years ago

Hard pass for any game featuring any Johnny Depp character.

#2538 2 years ago
Quoted from 6S3NC3:

Jackass could not give away content today...for free. As great as Chris Farley "was" he has been dead almost a 1/4 century.

Guess the joke is on Paramount since they’re releasing Jackass 4 on Sept 2.

#2678 2 years ago

I feel so much better about this release and future Spooky releases after reading “He-man (seriously? WtF?)”.

#2683 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Jokes on you. It's Thundercats. PANTHA POWAH!

Or hopefully Cats the Musical movie edition!

Cats are hot right now. I understand a decent Bad Cats is worth around $6500!

So music and thunder must add a couple $1000’s to sales value.

#2703 2 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I would love a IASIP pin!

No warranty required. Dysfunction is part of the theme!

#2810 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

not sure what's NOT COOL about this. It would make a freaking awesome pin.

I'm shallow, so his haircut for starters:

index (resized).jpgindex (resized).jpgindex2 (resized).jpgindex2 (resized).jpgindex3 (resized).jpgindex3 (resized).jpg
#2811 2 years ago

...wait was that second photo Martina Navratilova?!?! Okay, that was not cool of me.

#2945 2 years ago

So @benheck, is this as hard on you ‘to not reveal’ as it is on us to wait? Or are you just enjoying every second of anticipation / speculation?

#2947 2 years ago

If his sadistic side is reflected in the evilness of the next release, then I’m perfectly okay with it.

#3227 2 years ago

A Twisted Metal pinball could be pretty cool with Sweet Tooth.

21EDFE3A-0056-47A0-8313-09995CD3ED46 (resized).jpeg21EDFE3A-0056-47A0-8313-09995CD3ED46 (resized).jpeg
#3552 2 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:… or anything by Tarantino, would be a dream theme for me.

Dusk to Dawn would be a good theme for Spooky

#3882 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

So basically there are rumors that the reveal that was rumored is now rumored to not be today according to rumors.

…yeah that what I heard

#3884 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

where did you hear that?

Alright, just making shit up. Sorry. I’ll retract that.

#4524 2 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Big Trouble in Little China is a mediocre film and not worthy of a pinball! Yeah I said it!

Yeah, I liked the movie but am really surprised by the fandom asking for it to be a pin. I put it at about the same level of appeal as romancing the stone, Allan quartermain and the lost city of gold, and the golden child…and ain’t nobody asking for them to be pins!

#4530 2 years ago

Galaxy Quest is another ‘okay’ film. These are borderline pin-worthy themes…so they’re definitely NOT spooky-worthy. Spooky can and will do better…they should stay a little ‘twisted’…bring on Evil Dead, Kill Bill, Pulp Fiction, Sin City, TwistedMetal…Dusk to Dawn!

#4545 2 years ago

…well, it’s not as good as the themes I suggested…but Mrs says we’re still ‘in’ (especially if they have a Mickey Dolenz gun store clip). So good enough.

Please tell me that this wasn’t one of Kaneda’s fourteen ‘inside scoop’ guesses.

#4550 2 years ago

Micky…sorry. Wife was very quick to correct me.(no, I don’t think Spooky should release a Monkees pin).

#4812 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

But wait what if this game has 2 themes? Other theme could be dropped any time I bet...

Scooby-doo meets Michael Meyers?!?!

#4814 2 years ago
Quoted from curban:

Scooby-doo meets Michael Meyers?!?!

…with hot Velma, and Fred gets decapitated.

#4950 2 years ago

Anyone know if Spooky will be at Pinfest in Allentown? Did they say whether the new pin(s) will be there?

1 week later
#7827 2 years ago
Quoted from brerspidur:

Order ID Number: 11305
Order Date: 07/07/21 9:03am

Nice! No problems for you?
Mine kept erasing my billing State and then rejecting purchase. Ended up with 11379. --- still happy

#7859 2 years ago

So, whats the over/under for when we see the first low order # spot CE offered for profit in Pinside Market?

#8017 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

So those that got the order received error message as well and didn’t go through will get their spot back?

...this could create a real mess. I'm sure many of us received our "order received error message" a few minutes after 9:00 CST and kept plugging away until we got successful orders placed. I'd be disappointed if those that received their error messages before a successful order ended up 'jumping the line'.

#8060 2 years ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

The real problem was it was NOT an error message.
It said "Your order was placed. Thank you for your business"
Hence why I figured I was good at that point.

I don't disagree. The message said exactly "Your order has been received. Thank you for your business! (ID 252)"...but the message had a red X-'d out circle to the left of it, the shopping cart was still full, no confirmation e-mail received, no pending charge on credit card. So many of us kept repaying and refreshing until we didn't receive the error, saw the charge on our credit cards, and received a confirmation email. For me this took about 25 minutes. If my spot was based on my first failed order placement compared to all the other failed order placements, I'd be happy. I'd be disappointed if the failed orders got bumped ahead of my successful order.

#8072 2 years ago

Wow, Congratulations Spooky! You're obviously doing many things right. Many of us love your pinball machines and the themes are appealing to many!

But...I wonder if the TRUE GENIUS was in the marketing and building up the absolutely CRAZY anticipation for these titles, as demonstrated today.
Well Done!

#8130 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

You’re way off here. We were all on the site at 9am trying over and over again to buy. Some people randomly got through faster than others. You made it to a deeper error step than some, but it is no different than getting a 503 error when placing the order. You did nothing to earn a spot ahead of something that actually placed on order on the site.

I don't think I'm off at all. All I'm saying is that if I got the false order placement message at 9:07 and a successful order placement message at 9:37, I shouldn't have 300 buyers that received the false messages between 9:07 and 9:37 that never tried to fix things jump me in line.

I think Spooky should go with the actual successful order placement times. They COULD TRY to figure out everyone's false order times...but as you've pointed out there are deeper levels of errors with different Buyers and, as I suggested, this would be a HUGE mess. IMO the approach that would be LEAST FAIR would be to penalize those of us that recognized the problem by putting everyone that didn't recognize the problem ahead of us.

If you continue to disagree, so be it. We're all entitled to our opinions.

#8148 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

I am not in a crazy hurry to get my CE. I got mine ordered at 9:04 with a pretty low order number. I still have an Alien being delivered in a couple weeks. I will probably have my build date pushed back when they figure it all out. I just really wanted to make sure I get the game.

Great attitude! (sincerely) Sadly, I'm a greedier son-of-a-gun and want the darn thing NOW!

Quoted from nicoy3k:

I think we are saying the same thing. I don’t think getting the false order message entitles anyone to anything

...yes, in that case we are pretty much saying the same thing. Although, I dofeel for the people that got screwed by the false order messages...just not to the degree that it costs me! (see greedy son-of-gun comment above!)

#8150 2 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

You guys aren't gonna believe this, my transmission bit the dust on the way back from lunch, and considering the blue book on a 2009 Honda Fit is less than an Ultraman CE, it doesn't make sense to buy a game instead of a new (used) car. PMs open.

Okay...so who had the "under" on 2:27 CST?

(...and if you're not joking, then sorry to hear your bad news)

#8185 2 years ago

...laughed out loud on that one. Nice!

2 weeks later
#9766 2 years ago

So anyone know if/how many ended up going to non Fang Club members?

#9804 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Because that’s exactly what it is - shout someone down, label them as misfits, and the mob keeps piling on.
The guy made a mistake. Instead of you calling him a scumbag, why not say “dude, that’s Charlie’s 18 year old daughter. Not cool.”
I’m not defending the initial comment and neither was DakotaMike, yet he got immediately labeled as a “misogynistic cliche” just for saying “lighten up”.
Slow to anger - quick to forgive. Getting those backwards makes for a miserable society.

Well said. Thank you!

1 year later
#11058 1 year ago

I like my HW, and I love my ACNC. I also really enjoyed talking to the Spooky group that’s been at Pinfest the last two years. Also service is top notch. Big fan of the company.

However…I’m wondering. I think clearly Spooky took advantage of the hot/starving market back in June/July 2021 by announcing and taking orders for HW before any other manufacturers released their games. At the time it seemed a great move.

But did the move in releasing the games prematurely end up hurting the Spooky reputation and possible sales of their next game? I, personally, don’t mind the growing pains with HW, but it seems these growing pains caused a lot of Spooky hate here on pinside and the, at least current, devaluation of HW and UM.

Anyway…if next game is from Evil Dead franchise…I will try my best to be a first-hour purchase. Pretty much anything else, and I’m going to wait and see what happens.

Anything tarrantino would be pretty cool…also Dusk to Dawn would make a great Spooky title. Sadly, I’m guessing they’ll never happen.

2 weeks later
#11584 1 year ago

Listen, I love all the Nintendo stuff too…but as a pinball theme?!??

A1F1FE64-16FE-4AB9-9F0D-64A6D7386CDB (resized).pngA1F1FE64-16FE-4AB9-9F0D-64A6D7386CDB (resized).png
6 months later
#12346 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Yeah, Doesn’t change the fact that the character was always a pedophile. If you don’t “care” about that…then…um…

Let me get this straight:
- We can watch movies, wear tees and and own pins that have the main character as a horrible sadistic demon that cracks jokes and enjoys the suffering of children while he murders them in their sleep
- if that horrible demon is also a pedophile, then we should boycott the franchise and all marketed products altogether.

At least we all seem to agree that pedophilia is bad. I guess that’s a positive.

#12356 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Which reminds me. Trudeau has been paroled. Very short prison time, considering the offenses...

I want to thumbs down that comment…but I don’t want to thumbs down your post. (I just mean I want to ‘thumbs down’ the fact that a pedo is set free after a short sentence…hopefully he is a changed person and we’re not letting the same troubled person back into society).

4 months later
#12579 8 months ago
Quoted from Sandman454:

This one will sell quick.

The ONLY theme I would be lining up to purchase on day 1 is an Evil Dead (or associated property) with Bruce Campbell callouts. I sorta hope it’s not their next theme (but it needs to be eventually) because I really need to cut back. Im sure even if I decided to not purchase the ED pin, my wife would go behind my back and buy it (how many of you can say that about a pin!!!).

3 months later
#12932 4 months ago

Wife says that if it’s from Evil Dead universe we will be a first hour purchase. Anything else we’ll likely sit this one out.

#13036 4 months ago

Looney Tunes!? How could they possibly improve on BBBB? The bar is high.

1 month later
#13314 82 days ago

Dusk to Dawn would be a pretty cool theme.

2 weeks later
#13340 68 days ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Cool drawing .. even next to a Mousin Around!
Needs work on the shot layout though. Good luck hitting the left spinner.
rd

…that’s why we need humans designing pins!!!

#13341 68 days ago
Quoted from curban:

…that’s why we need humans designing pins!!!

…although AI is getting pretty good at designing humans like Harley.

1 month later
#13397 29 days ago
Quoted from monitorpop:

So bad it could be good
[quoted image]

...if you're going with the fake trailers turned into actual movies, then I think Machete has a lot more content for a pinball machine.
Especially if timed with the release of Machete Kills Again...in Space!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Performance Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

15,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

€ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Discos Pinball Mod Shop

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Trade
Machine - For Trade
O'fallon, MO
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

$ 17.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lermods

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Arabi, LA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinbald Mods

$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 238.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider curban.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-2021-game-speculation-thread?tu=curban and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.