harley-quinn-legends-of-the-dark-knight-1_dc-comics_silo (resized).png
tumblr_ndd9vhv4uu1qedb29o1_500.gif
IMG_1836 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1833 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1832 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1125 Great outline of different types of buyers. Posted by mrclean (2 years ago)

Post #6466 First release video Posted by Borygard (2 years ago)

Post #7251 Led strip explanations Posted by SpookyLuke (2 years ago)

Post #9021 Spooky interview on podcast. July 12, 2021 Posted by ZMeny (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4655 2 years ago
Quoted from holden1090:

I hope you play as Michael running around multiple levels of the house gutting ignorant teens . very exited to how this plays out

Sounds kind of dull, I prefer fantasy pins that take me away from bland daily reality.

#4657 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Your reality is going around gutting ignorant teens?

#4764 2 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

If you want to hear pinball with movie dialogue and no jackpot callouts, look no further than GOTG. Not sure if that's an approach I'd want to emulate.

That's not true, they managed to cram some in there.

The audio on that game actually appears to be voice actors, it's not lifted from the movie. That's why the blue guy with the mohawk sounds more like Bobcat Goldwaite than the actual actor.

#4765 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Huh. Whadda know. It wasn't Scooby Doo, Beetlejuice or Evil Dead after all. Who knew?
Oh right. I did.

You've done a few too many Kaneda interviews if you think anybody cares.

#4767 2 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

My bad! I must have zoned out or suck too much to get that far, have zero recollection of the game ever saying the word jackpot.

Yeah, I just mean the overall approach of having "callouts" be scripted, repetitive dialogue that has little or nothing to do with shots made. Start a mode and it just takes off talking.

It's bad, and yes it's a terrible, repetitive approach. The game isn't bad but the overall package is below average.

Honestly not sure about "jackpot" calls but it does have Extra Ball calls and a few other directly pinball related things at least "You've started double scoring" etc.

#4776 2 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

Maybe for Halloween it could be a victim’s scream.

That wouldn't get old at all!

(Tales from the crypt features endless screams and the sound package is awful!)

#4783 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

But wait what if this game has 2 themes? Other theme could be dropped any time I bet...

Since that would double the chance of people "being right" on their predictions, this could be the most important development in the history of pinball!

#4796 2 years ago

Wow!

OK Pinside you get a second chance "to be right" which will enshrine you in pinside immortality forever!

Let's hear those predictions!

#5162 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

You basically summed up this entire thread

That's pretty much every pinside thread.

#7224 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:I got the impression from someone earlier in this thread that seemed to have played it, that it’s like that for a reason. Maybe a gameplay reason? Seems too obviously bare.

Maybe they just wanted to save $9 or whatever on each game?

Stern isn’t the only pinball company that has to make actual business decisions ya know.

#7268 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I don't know. Here is the typical reaction to pinball machines from non-collectors.
1) That's amazing, I want one.
2) How much is it?
3) Oh, nevermind.

I would have to agree with this.

This type of “outside collector” collects trinkets - dolls, models, dioramas etc. cheap, small things they can keep in the packaging and on the bookshelf.

A huge $7,000 pinball machine is something completely different. I doubt there’s gonna be much crossover there.

#7331 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

I was all in 100% a day or so ago but now I’m having concerns. I prefer fast flowing games (I own LZ premium and Metallica and love them). This layout looks like it could be a very slow game. Upper playfields are cool to look at and are fun for the first handful of plays but over time they don’t really bring much playability other than a wow factor. Don’t get me wrong, I love wow factors and all, but playability is key for me. Really hope they post some video’s before I make a $9,500 poor decision.

This looks like a very unique, "innovative" game, the kind that people here always say they want. Something really different.

To me, it looks like a warmed over Pinball Circus multilevel novelty clone, it doesn't look like it's going to offer much in the way of flow, it's likely to be a very stop and go affair. Doesn't look like something I'd be too into, spending all my time cycling balls between the 15 upper playfields. I think that would get pretty old pretty quick at home.

Your mileage may vary...the people who want "innovation" have got it, and now's your chance to put your money where your mouth is.

For those who prefer more traditional, non-innovative playfields, there's still a dozen othe games in production from the other manufacturers to choose from that will offer a more familiar pinball experience.

#7349 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

This looks nothing like pinball circus, nor does it have 15 playfields. Calling it a warmed over novelty clone is pretty mean-spirited, even for you.
That being said, I actually like pinball circus, but can't afford one. So now I'm even MORE excited about my Ultraman. Thanks Levi!

Mean-spirited? Are you kidding?

It’s a first impression critique- you know, like the HUNDREDS that you see when stern or JJP reveals a game.

I’m not sure why spooky reveals are supposed to be criticism proof. Is it because these threads are crawling with Spooky reps?

It’s a super oddball layout and I’m old and fear change. Shouldn’t be surprising I have reservations about it.

I would never try to discourage you or anybody else from buying a game they think looks cool. Buy 4 of them, please!

#7376 2 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Wait, doesn't the CE come with a piece of John Carpenter's couch?
...honestly though, it would be *very* cool if you could get John Carpenter's signature on your game.

John’s a regular on the Chiller/con circuit, with a little effort and a few bucks you could probably get a rule card or apron signed.

#7734 2 years ago

What is the point of the Fang Club $45 vig when you can just order from a distributor, or the web site (if it doesn't crash) for that matter?

#7746 2 years ago
Quoted from Apex:

Pretty sure you still have to be in the Fang Club to order early from a distro as well.

Have a hard time believing a distributor is gonna turn down your $9,000 because you don't have a fan club membership. Why would they care?

#7786 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

not really, I can order on Nitro right now and they don't ask me for anything. I can just buy the membership after the order lol.

^

The suicidal "I'm out this is too stressful!" crowd needs to relax. By around lunchtime I bet everybody who wants an order in hand will have one.

#7808 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Sad to say, but same here.
I had a Ultraman CE in my cart several times but could never get checked out. At this point I gave up and will wait this one out.
Congrats to those who snagged one.

So if you can log in 20 minutes from now and simply buy one you won't?

It's an emotional rollercoaster around here!

Seems like it's starting to shake out and orders are going through.

#7846 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Actually if anything I would say that I am far less emotional about this than most people in this thread. I took my shot at getting one early, and when it became apparent that this was not going to happen I simply bowed out. I was not going to continue to frantically smash the refresh key on my computer and keep getting rejected, and pissed off. That would be emotional.

That's cool...but I mean, you can just go on to the spooky site and buy one, right now.

You wanted one an hour ago but don't want one now? Or is it just that you are afraid you'll have to wait 2 years to get one now since you didn't get an "early order?"

#8020 2 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Stern, what did we learn today? Lol

That people like themes from the 60s and 70s?

I think they know this already.

#8167 2 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

So I had a deposition this morning and wasn’t able to get a deposit down by the time the games reportedly sold out.
So I guess if you can’t buy a game in the first couple hours of release these days you are screwed. Awesome.
Congrats to all the asshat flippers that bought these just to resell them for stupid prices afterwards. I guess I’ll just have to get my homebrew game done sooner and play that.

Relax dude.

If you really want one they are there for the taking, just like Rick and Mortys were for several days after the drop. Joe at Pinballstar has been posting updates in every single Spooky thread for hours, and apparently he's still got them.

Yancy's transmission just went tits up, so he's looking to sell his "spot."

So give someone a call and get your game. No reason to rage post when you could be rage buying.

#8281 2 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Not sure why people are moaning about unfair advantages - the distributors all still have a few left even now, 12 hours later.
There is literally nothing stopping people from getting this game.

The only people who seem riled up about this already bought a game.

Like you say, they are out there for anybody to buy. Looks like they hit the perfect number for sales...an effective “sellout” that is “flipper proof” because you can still get one the next morning.

I think people are just having flashbacks to that topper they had to overpay for, or those Stones tickets they couldn’t get in 1981.

#9034 2 years ago

Pinball machines based upon video games are a terrible idea. It's been tried in the past and they've always sucked donkey ass.

You people should know better!

#9047 2 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

But when was the last pinball machine based upon a video game released?

Rollercoaster Tycoon and Big Buck Hunter? Those licenses and tacky art packages have aged well!

Surely no collection is complete without a game with a "based on the best-selling PC game!" starburst on the translite!

#9053 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Based isn't the reason. Implementation is the reason. Same as movies. There are good ways to do it, and there are bad. Somehow, they always chose the bad way.

It's almost as if video games themes just don't seem to lend themselves too well to pinball?

1 year later
#11382 1 year ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

If they priced their product in $4k plus range, there would be fewer complaints about their product.

If they priced their product in the $3K price range, there'd be still fewer complaints!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hastings, MN
5,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
South Kingstown, RI
Trade
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-2021-game-speculation-thread?tu=crazylevi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.