harley-quinn-legends-of-the-dark-knight-1_dc-comics_silo (resized).png
tumblr_ndd9vhv4uu1qedb29o1_500.gif
IMG_1836 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1833 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1832 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1125 Great outline of different types of buyers. Posted by mrclean (2 years ago)

Post #6466 First release video Posted by Borygard (2 years ago)

Post #7251 Led strip explanations Posted by SpookyLuke (2 years ago)

Post #9021 Spooky interview on podcast. July 12, 2021 Posted by ZMeny (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider capn12.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#187 3 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

There was a Friday the 13th game on all of the major consoles and pc just a couple of years ago that was a huge success. The development team was just a handful of dudes starting out on their first game, so I don't think the license is particularly expensive. I would think even Resident Evil would be more expensive, but that would be awesome too.
[quoted image]

On one hand, you are correct, but do you know why they were forced to quit updating the F13 console/PC game?

Wait for it.....

Licensing issues/battles outside of their control. The F13 franchise licensing is a debacle right now.

1 month later
#1135 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Well Stern, take note. People really want Beetlejuice I guess...

People want Beetlejuice, but people don't want Stern Beetlejuice, so there is that...

#1309 2 years ago

If it is Halloween, but they use the Rob Zombie ones, I'll be extremely disappointed. Leave those garbage versions out, please. If you're going to do Halloween, do the original.

#1491 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

....or it sells crazy like GB and these comments won't age well.

Yeah, I'm of the opinion that sales on Beetlejuice would be nothing like the Munsters....was anyone actually ASKING for Munsters? I have no idea why they would, other than thinking they could grasp at something Addams Family-esque...who knows.

But I think BJ would sell just fine.

2 weeks later
#2684 2 years ago

We could only be so lucky, for The Fifth Element to be made into a pin.

Glad to hear He-Man is a definite no go....

#2917 2 years ago

At this point, I'd even take a "You'll know something in the next 4-200 weeks" post from Spooky, or some time frame more relevant. I'm trying to throw money at Spooky, but they won't take it yet!

2 weeks later
#4135 2 years ago

F13 would be.....tough to make, I would think, based on the debacle that is the license. When GunMedia made the PC/Console game, it was a clusterf%^k that ended in them basically having to abandon the game updates. We'll see, though. Personally, I'm hoping for Halloween.

#4177 2 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

He really did tho!
I sure hope it's Scooby Doo.
Evil dead is a (very) close and formidable 2nd....
IMHO it would suck if it were f13 or Halloween.
Scooby is also they only one of these "top guesses" that they were NOT WEARING in the video.

There is nothing Halloween being worn, either.

#4241 2 years ago

Halloween wasn't teased in the last video, just about everything else was. Still thinking that is the game.

#4243 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Although... In theory Charlie had on a Freddy fedora, a Jason hockey jersey, and luke well luke just had a T-Shirt on with Evil Dead 2... But what do you do for HALLOWEEN... you dress up which is what Charlie did.

am.gifam.gif
#4439 2 years ago

If they actually make Halloween, but then use that godforsaken Rob Zombie abomination of a version, that would be the biggest gaffe, Debbie Downer decision possible.

#4608 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Rob Zombie Halloween or Original is the question now..

Video clip consists of the kids from 1978, and Loomis 1978. No chance it is the Rob Zombie crap.

#6043 2 years ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

Is that an insane asylum?

I was thinking maybe that was the gates to Smiths Grove, in the movie, but it could be something else.

#6061 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

It's a schoolyard! This is sounding like some of the ideas I suggested to Colson making a Halloween reskin pin! I said multiple levels, start up in the schoolyard, then slide down onto the neighborhood block with trick or treating and have Michael's house. Among many other crazy ideas lol. Just joined the fang club, I am wanting this theme!

Yep, true. The fence around the school makes sense as well. Boy....I'm hyped to see this playfield. Charlie, teasers all weekend are quite alright!

#6246 2 years ago

There is one of our upper playfields.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#6249 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

That's the school..

Very astute. Correct, that is the inspiration for 1 upper playfield, and the Smiths Grove area is another, based on what was said earlier in the thread. Of course, that could be an attempt to throw things off, but we'll know Monday either way.

#6254 2 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

So, Ben Heck said one of the uppers is the psych hospital…and you’re saying one is the school. Which one is pictured in the picture of the playfield?

I know nothing for certain, other than what Team Spooky have said so far. The one in the photo of the tombstone, doesn't look like the Smiths Grove type of area, but it does look like the school, the point in the movie where another fence was featured. We'll find out Monday it sounds like, either way.

#6543 2 years ago

I’m sure after they PUBLICLY announce Game 2, the link will work. Just a small snafu from Spooky.

#6578 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

What's the deal with the backglass? The teaser pic had the title, but the video reveal doesn't?

It was already said somewhere,,FB or here, that on the CE, the title is on the topper, and no reason to have it listed again, right under it, like some other games are, with the title listed 2-3 times stupidly.

#7140 2 years ago

Those that think Halloween will be around for months...even days, after tomorrow, are going to be disappointed. Neither of the 2 games will be around past this week, I feel pretty certain.

#7587 2 years ago

And IN on Halloween CE, via Joe and PinballSTAR....can't wait! Hope I don't have #1250 or something.

#7667 2 years ago

PinballSTAR my friend, thanks for the timely email, and I'm sure you just got bombarded with orders!

#7898 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

We are going to do our best to go through and sort through rejected orders and make sure people get treated fairly.
32 ultraman
56 halloween

Awesome, congrats Spooky! Knew it was going to be gone on Day 1, despite some folks wanting to think they'd be around for days, even weeks...

#8051 2 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Are the differences between the CE and BSE the topper, shooter knob, laser cut rails, different powder coat and red plastic protectors?
Aside from that, everything is the same?

You got it.

#8169 2 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

So I had a deposition this morning and wasn’t able to get a deposit down by the time the games reportedly sold out.
So I guess if you can’t buy a game in the first couple hours of release these days you are screwed. Awesome.
Congrats to all the asshat flippers that bought these just to resell them for stupid prices afterwards. I guess I’ll just have to get my homebrew game done sooner and play that.

Joe at PinballStar still has a few available.

#8745 2 years ago

I'm guessing PinballSTAR Joe is going to be VERY busy for a couple of weeks, before we have any idea of the order numbers for his distro, etc.

#9326 2 years ago

I'm just hoping for sometime this year, that would rock! But nothing is guaranteed, that is for sure. I was a little slow on the draw, on Joe's PP link:

4 months later
#10434 2 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Apparently Beetlejuice isn’t happening due to the dad in the film being a pedofile

I doubt Jeffrey Jones' role in Beetlejuice would be a determining factor in making a pin.

#10455 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Ya'll realize the bigger issue with Beetlejuice is Jeffrey Jones, right?
Though this Baldwin thing doesn't help.
Beetlejuice license? "Let it go Junior...."

JJ could easily be dropped from a Beetlejuice pin, and no one would care otherwise.

#10457 2 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Maybe the licensor cares

If that is the holdup, then yeah, there won't be any BJ pin and that's that. But if it is just a concern about imagery of JJ, assets can easily be left out/not used. It has been done plenty, already.

8 months later
#11344 1 year ago

I'll never understand why the basis of fault against HW/UM seems to always be "look how much the value has fallen!!!11"

If you bought the game, and only care about the ROI potential, maybe you're in it for the wrong reason? I don't GAF one bit about 'resale value' blah blah. Why are so many folks focused so much on how much money they can get out of something they bought as an amusement device?

#11354 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Stern service has deteriorated over the past couple decades. Pat and Chas use to provide great customer service. Now Stern hides behind their distributors. Expecting distributors to "earn their money" and provide service isn't an awful idea, but it just doesn't translate to quick turnaround time on parts/issues.
I only have one Spooky game (R&M) and they have always given me great service.

Chas was a big loss for Stern, 100%. He helped me on my Ghostbusters, long after they really “had” to help with it.

#11523 1 year ago
Quoted from benheck:

Jeffrey Jones. Alec Baldwin.
Not happening.

Why must you continually ruin everyone's dreams, Ben? I mean, I agree sadly, but man would I love a Beetlejuice pin.

2 months later
#11794 1 year ago
yes-old-school.gifyes-old-school.gif
#11860 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Gawd, I hope not. They'll base it on the newer Netflix movie or some shit.

"We didn't get Paul Reubens for call outs, but we DID get Rick Rubin, which is almost the same."

1 month later
#12221 1 year ago

Might want to edit that post, brother Maverick222

1 month later
#12347 1 year ago

What an odd hill to stake a claim on. It is a FICTIONAL character, in a movie.

#12350 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I guess he's pretty evil with the murdering, but also a pedophile? That's too evil!

Surely, someone with such a steadfast stance, would EVER own a Ghostbusters or other JT game, right? I mean, I already know the answer to that, but it is rather interesting.

2 months later
#12435 10 months ago
Quoted from benheck:

Without LCDs you could run a pinball machine on your toaster. It's a HUGE time and hardware sync for something the player probably isn't even looking at.

Not wrong, for sure. Feels crazy the amount of work/time it takes to introduce LCD assets, only to have them basically watched 1 time, and skipped thereafter.

#12439 10 months ago
Quoted from benheck:

In my ideal "I don't give a damn" pinball, I'd use 192x64 of those HUB75 panels. A cool retro look vs LCD plus the whole "run it on a toaster" aspect.
It just drives me nuts how much horsepower an LCD takes vs the rest of the machine. Even audio is easier than a dead dogs nuts. [quoted image]

It's the 'Pandoras Box' that can't be undone, now. Everyone expects to see 8000 minutes of film footage and audio, full soundtrack moments from movies, etc. I'm hoping maybe PF brings folks back to the perspective that...hey...you don't NEED an LCD screen to have a good game.

#12440 10 months ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

Yet so far games that drop the LCD for retro style, are not cheaper....

Yeah, that is the X Factor, isn't it? If there isn't the time/money spent on the content/implementation of the LCD, why are we still paying $8,000 for Pulp Fiction? But alas.....

3 weeks later
#12517 9 months ago

We stopped after the 1st season, which was awesome, so it will forever be a great show in my mind.....lalalala can't hear you say anything about season 2 on.

#12528 9 months ago

Westworld is about people who aren't what they seem....oh...I see

"They Live" next from Spooky, confirmed!

1 month later
#12634 7 months ago

To be fair, that is a static image Bug put up there for the back drop, not necessarily a screen grab from the game. Bug is pretty good at hearing the rumors, and running with them.

Just like last in the past, he wore a shirt for about every horror movie that was being speculated.

This doesn't confirm anything, its just Bug having some fun.

That is basically one of the first images you'll see if you search 'Cartoon Texas Chainsaw Massacre Scooby Doo'

1 month later
#12768 5 months ago

It was jinkies.

#12781 5 months ago

Well, the first prototype toy was sent to Kaneda, it was a bookcase on a motor that slid left and right. So that is the first clue.

3 weeks later
#12910 4 months ago

Sadly, it is just the back box side decals for Scooby Doo. I thought the same thing, when I saw that.

1 month later
#13277 3 months ago
Quoted from Joker19:

Is the twitch spooky channel gone? Can't find it.

Renamed to his FB account name:

https://www.twitch.tv/bugs_scream_n_stream

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Performance Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

€ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Discos Pinball Mod Shop

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Concord, NC
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

$ 17.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lermods

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Rogers, AR
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinbald Mods

$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 238.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider capn12.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-2021-game-speculation-thread?tu=capn12 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.