harley-quinn-legends-of-the-dark-knight-1_dc-comics_silo (resized).png
tumblr_ndd9vhv4uu1qedb29o1_500.gif
IMG_1836 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1833 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1832 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1125 Great outline of different types of buyers. Posted by mrclean (2 years ago)

Post #6466 First release video Posted by Borygard (2 years ago)

Post #7251 Led strip explanations Posted by SpookyLuke (2 years ago)

Post #9021 Spooky interview on podcast. July 12, 2021 Posted by ZMeny (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider blackbelt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12251 1 year ago

Castlevania. Fun idea if the display graphics evolved from NES-style pixel art to current day 3D renders as you progress through your quest modes/defeat bosses.

Maybe not on-brand for ‘spooky’ but Bomberman (look at Saturn Bomberman era for visuals/music).

Lastly, I’d buy a Pokemon pin in a heartbeat…so much potential for evolving your character’s Pokémon along your journey of quests, capturing Pokémon (gotta catch em all), battles and gear galore! Gaahhhh!

#12254 1 year ago
Quoted from roscoepinball: Wednesday - Netflix

Was thinking about this the other day, great idea…might be good after the show developed more but the theme is on-point. Pretty much every The Addams Family owner would buy one and a new gen of ‘addams’ enthusiasts would connect to the series…plus her school is a friggin CASTLE!!!

Quoted from lpeters82:

We sure seem to like castles. It also better have a throwback "30 million" reference to Bram Stoker's Dracula.

Yaaasss!!!

#12259 1 year ago

Ok…new Idea…’Castle Mania’ (see what I did there?). Lol.

Wide body with 3 or 4 separate tiers/upper playfield castles maybe some connected by ramps (fun)…also a lower dungeon would be cool. Each castle has a vampire plus a few monsters to defeat until you rule them all! ‘King of the castle’ is the final wizard mode.

Ok, I need sleep .

#12261 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Sounds great, but the lower PF needs to be full sized with the lens in the PF that fisheyes it so you have proper physics, like Krull. The bb ball mini playfields suck.

Agreed…not a fan of those mini ones like on Family Guy or Munsters. Full size with a vuk that spits the ball out a castle gate when you drain.

#12262 1 year ago

Was thinking more about music pins vs movie pins and wondering why not have both in one? (I'm sure the answer is a licensing fiasco)

Take a movie like Edward Scissorhands (who lives in a Castle thank you very much). The original score by Danny Elfman is great but maybe not suited for a multiball...what if you got someone like Trent Reznor to write a couple original tunes to fill out the music package? You get fans from both sides enjoying the pin.

My question for the thread is...what would be a fun mashup theme to you? Short Circuit + Def Leppard...Flight of the Navigator + Madonna?

#12264 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Already done with Spinal Tap? and/or Heavy Metal.

Was more curious what original ideas people had for mashups...not saying it hasn't been done to one degree or another. What you got?

#12266 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Dungeons and Dragons and Slayer

Yaaaassss! This is what I’m talking about…excellent combo!

#12271 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

UHF and Weird Al
..dammit, I suck at this
Repo: The Genetic Opera.

Twinkie Weiner Sandwiches + Twisted sister for the soundtrack...hehe. Goal of the pin is to work your way up the corporate ladder and achieve a merger between Oscar Mayer and Hostess and Cheez wiz .

#12278 1 year ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Don’t know if that would be a good theme!
Bredcrumb. The pin.
rd

Featuring music from Meatloaf…I’m in.

#12289 1 year ago
Quoted from nogoodnames222:

Luke's got Mega Man on the brain which is enough for me to say they should really look at picking up the license to 8 bit Mega Man. This isn't an actual rumor, I just think it'd be a killer theme for a pin.
And for anyone that's not seen it before, really well done re-theme of a Flash that someone did a couple years back:

[quoted image]

This is amazing! What an excellent job. Mega Man would make an awesome theme for a modern pin!

#12291 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I pretty much always have Mega Man, Zelda, Metroid, and Castlevania on the brain. Any one of those would very high on my dream list of games to design.

I’ll contribute audio engineering efforts to any of these for freeeeee…still have the NES I got for Christmas in 1989 and all of those are winning themes in my book!

#12293 1 year ago
Quoted from darkryder:

A Zelda RPG style pin would be so cool! The game could save your character progress as you level up, collect experience/weapons/loot, defeat bosses, explore maps etc. Save the princess final wizard mode? Castlevania or Metroid would also be great

2nd this ^

Just started a new game of Zelda today…on the NES I got for Christmas in 1989 . My kids actually have a blast playing too (but they mostly go for Zelda on the Switch).

1DA18064-CAC0-4918-8327-303A99C430DE (resized).jpeg1DA18064-CAC0-4918-8327-303A99C430DE (resized).jpeg
3 weeks later
#12301 1 year ago
Quoted from benheck:

Zelda would crush on location. Like "worth it to deal with the Disney of gaming" crush it. Also has a lot of Gen X draw.
Would also fit pinball better than other vids, the PF would represent the classic overheard view.

Totally agree! Zelda spans generations (like William Shatner)…I grew up with Zelda on NES and my son just completed the newest one on Switch…it would be a major win in this home!

1 month later
#12381 11 months ago

Gonna add some fuel to the fire again for ZELDA . 8-bit NES or modern Switch (or both) based...doesn't matter. I really think this checks some legit boxes for Spooky:

- Castles (Hyrule)
- Monsters - Mummies (Gibdo), Skeletons (Stalfos), Bats (Keese), endless more...freaking Ganon!
- Dungeons

So much potential for story, and 'character' leveling. I just think spooky would do the best job with this theme and really bring some fresh perspective with mechs/layout. I'd loooove to see not only an upper Hyrule playfield...but a lower dungeon playfield as well (think Lebowski). I still think the UM/HW multiple uppers is brilliant. Anyway...ZELDA (or Pokémon...which I think may be better as a stern) is a dream theme for us! SpookyBug SpookyLuke

#12402 11 months ago

Each pin could come with a pair of shades? Or a wrist watch that somehow has a haptic connection to the gameplay (this would never happen but the idea is fun).

IMG_6784 (resized).jpegIMG_6784 (resized).jpeg

4 weeks later
#12423 10 months ago

A George A. Romero pin would rule the free world!

#12453 10 months ago

The amount of available real-estate unused in the backbox of a modern pin is huge. Certainly room to add interactive mechs/additional game play to some degree. Thinking 'Terminator 3' with the theme of Zelda shooting arrows but with more refinement...Spooky GO!

#12482 10 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I think where you are in life when you see it is key. I never saw Princess Bride until probably 5 or so years ago after some friends were raving about it. Didn't think much of it honestly. I love some Monty Python, etc, so I get the humor, just no nostalgia attached to it. It definitely has its followers though.

I agree to this. Saw it first when I was about 10-12 (now 41) and the memories are great...showed it to our kids around the same age and they love it. I wouldn't say it's a 'dream theme' but it would certainly be an all-around win in a house like ours...family friendly...gobs of potential for cool mechs/rules and callouts for daaaaaaays (As you wish)! Miracle Max Multiball!

All said...our top 3 (dream) themes are still Zelda, Pokémon and Mario Kart.

#12503 10 months ago

the PIT of DESPAIR…don’t even think about trying to escape .

1 month later
#12571 8 months ago

Just caught up on the Scooby Twitch stream from a few days ago and a pretty obvious clue as to what Spooky's next pin will be...

'Dad-bod Gym 3000'

Zero-licensor approvals needed...full range of dad-bod mechs...comes with 'too-large' or 'too-tight' T-shirt and white ankle-height tube socks.

See the 55 minute mark for context...hah!

1 month later
#12649 7 months ago

Whatever spooky makes will rule!

2 months later
#12792 5 months ago
Quoted from cait001:

Reading Rainbow: The Pinball Adventure!
Levar Burton hosts on main callouts while all his friends "read" to us for each mode including Patrick Stewart with On The Day Your Were Born multiball!!!

This is why I love pinside.

In day 1 hah.

1 month later
#13202 3 months ago
Quoted from BobTheDegen:

This would make a good spooky pin too!
[quoted image]

100% yes. This would rule. Power Rangers/Goonies dual theme would be hard to beat.

Spooky would do either theme proud!

2 weeks later
#13282 3 months ago
Quoted from benheck:

Make BIBLE ADVENTURES!

Clearly you were never forced to play the NES game…

IMG_0608 (resized).jpegIMG_0608 (resized).jpeg
#13286 3 months ago
Quoted from Jagrmaister:

Lol. I remember my friend Brian saying let's go play Nintendo. We couldn't have been beyond 1st or 2nd grade. Went to his room to play and this was the only game he had. I asked to go home right then.

You chose wisely.

Quoted from Var1AbL3:

My grandparents bought this for me one year for my birthday. It has to be the WORST Nintendo game ever made.

I hear you and I see you.

benheck why not some other B title like mighty bomb jack, milon’s secret castle or golgo-13?

#13306 3 months ago
Quoted from Zen_Monkey:

If we’re going cartoons give it a spooky edge and go….
Ren and Stimpy!

This was mentioned on the stream last week...they'd do an excellent job.

#13308 3 months ago
Quoted from Zen_Monkey:

the looney tunes one? I missed it but would love if they did it

Sorry, it was brought up in chat on twitch/Bugs Scream n stream. No indication from Spooky they they're looking at Ren & Stimpy.

1 month later
#13352 62 days ago

Has anyone said Adventure Time?

Adventure time.

1 week later
#13354 53 days ago

OK...lets just imagine Spooky has the license for 'Castlevania'. How rad would it be if they programmed in the Konami Code????? Lets say a similar sequence of button pushes (^^vv<><>BA start could be Action, Action, plunge plunge, LF, RF, LF, RF, Start, Plunge, Action) at either the character select screen or at a key moment during play/ball lock and you start with or earn an extra ball!

lpeters82

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Loveland, CO
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Mooshue's Market

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 80.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 45.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
Woodinville, WA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Protection
Gameroom Mods

Machine - For Sale
Wilkes-barre, PA
$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider blackbelt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-2021-game-speculation-thread?tu=blackbelt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.