harley-quinn-legends-of-the-dark-knight-1_dc-comics_silo (resized).png
tumblr_ndd9vhv4uu1qedb29o1_500.gif
IMG_1836 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1833 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1832 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1125 Great outline of different types of buyers. Posted by mrclean (2 years ago)

Post #6466 First release video Posted by Borygard (2 years ago)

Post #7251 Led strip explanations Posted by SpookyLuke (2 years ago)

Post #9021 Spooky interview on podcast. July 12, 2021 Posted by ZMeny (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider basementfacts.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10964 1 year ago
Quoted from somenerd:

All these TNA re-run rumblings have made me finally pull the trigger on a Fang Club membership for the next year. Hopefully there'll be an "official" announcement soon; feels like they're getting geared up to announce it (especially after hearing what Scott was saying on the LoserKid Pinball podcast). Keeping my fingers crossed.

Same. I suspect both Spooky and Stern are locked and loaded. Once one of them announces something, the other will also announce. So, within weeks now.

#10975 1 year ago
Quoted from JToeps:

Lots of talk about the TNA announcement like it's happening any day now. Clearly it's happening, but is there strong signal it's happening in the next few weeks?

Well August 1st was deadline for this year's Fang Club.

Quoted from PanzerKraken:

I hope they keep going with the whole dark/horror theme. Rick & Morty kind of tossed that out and Ultraman is pretty niche, but if they stick with cult like franchises, then that would be awesome. Evil Dead, Friday the 13th, Texas Chainsaw, Child's Play, etc
Not really a fan of the franchise, but SAW would make for an easy and super theme for a Pinball game with all the traps, puzzles, games

If they like money, they won't just stick to horror. R&M has a huge fanbase. Ultraman, I dunno. But if they keep doing niche pop culture stuff, they'll do well. Smaller runs that would be too risky for Stern. Pinball needs a company like Spooky. Everyone would go mental if they got a nice anime license. That's something Stern would never do.

#10978 1 year ago

Yeah. I'm talking 80s/90s anime. It was already covered extensively over on the Stern topic, but there are a handful of popular oldschool anime titles that are more popular and would have sold better than Ultraman.

#10980 1 year ago
Quoted from benheck:

Wizard mode could be the 15 minute fight with Keith David

Only way to beat it is not drain for 15 minutes. Turn off flipper holds. Love it!

#10987 1 year ago
Quoted from Completist:

No change to the cabinet, aside from using the newer generation backbox with the flip down display…

Hope to God they don't cheap out and get rid of the solid state scoreboard though. I wish that was standard with all new games.

#10995 1 year ago
Quoted from trecemaneras:

I personally would call a 20-game collection where every machine is a modern full-size cabinet game desperately boring. No early SS? In a 20 pin collection?! Not even one EM? Doing it wrong imo.)

This. I give a side eye to the game room flex photos full of Stern Spike 2. Not even a Spike 1 to be found. EM is a stretch though haha. But yeah, half the reason why I'm into TNA is how different it is. It's as close to a Daft Punk pin as I'm gonna get. It really suits my tastes.

#11012 1 year ago
Quoted from ROMM:

As soon as I got home I started researching the machine, and I was totally inline with the Pinside price valuation ($5800-$6700) and thought I might buy one asap. But once I started to see what they had been selling for, I was disappointed lol. Not sure where they will price the new version, but pretty sure it will be higher than the used market machines. There is currently one for sale right now on Pinsider for $9000. There are some other sweet machines I would rather have for that kind of money.

Original TNA was $6k. I expect it to be $7k, which is inline with base model Halloween/Ultraman. I hope they don't paywall the upgrades behind premium model pricing. The secondhand market will collapse for original TNA as long as Spooky makes enough.

#11034 1 year ago
Quoted from zebpin61:

OUCH! I must be too old since I don't know the material. At least I knew a few early suggestions because my now-adult kids liked them. Time has this nasty habit of sneaking by. Don't let it happen to you! Of course, you could keep a few EM's or early SS games in the collection to be comfortable... I know, sacrilege!

Yet you have Rick for an avatar? ATHF predates R&M by 13 years.

#11036 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Well...I mean R&M is way more known, even though ATHF actually had a theater released film.

That's subjective. Also he specifically used age as the reason he didn't know. I'm 41 and I know ATHF. I know very little about R&M despite it being more popular as you say. I was deep into adulthood and had little interest in animated television by the time R&M came out.

#11046 1 year ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

Spooky, if your listening please have a real gameplay video the day your next title goes up for sale.

Sadly not necessary (for any pin manufacturer).

2 weeks later
#11157 1 year ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Wish you put in a more standard size cab

People keep saying this. What does it mean? Consensus is it's the size of an old Bally? I have a Hardbody and it looks fine next to new Sterns. Is that right?

#11285 1 year ago
Quoted from Charlemagne1987:

Yup. Let me market decide. I think that’s currently happening with TS4. Their less-than-expected sales will (hopefully) tell JJP that their prices are too high.

I would hate to be a TS4 owner when/if price decreases for future titles. JJP has a really awkward and crucial decision to make. Just my speculation, but I think only 5% of the pinball market is willing to pay $12k for a pin. I think 5 figures is when the majority of potential customers dip out. I think it's really unlikely we'll see a $10k Premium from Stern anytime soon.

#11323 1 year ago
Quoted from Tyler_Durden:

Also, a rerun of TNA seems desperate. Does that not devalue the original owners trying to sell their used machines for 9k?
Good luck.

Desperate? I dunno. As a business, why leave money on the table? If you can make a product that people want to buy, that just seems like common sense. It remains to be seen if Spooky's gambit on the price will pay off or backfire. Also, a company does not owe the end user investment guarantees. We are not shareholders and pinball machines are not sold as investments (even though they residually can be). [EDIT: Unless they specifically said there would be no more TNAs ever after the first run. I don't know this.]

#11366 1 year ago

Just came back from viewing my receipt. The price sucks, but I did it anyway. Why? Because you'll never see a game like this from Stern or any other company. For me, value goes beyond BOM. It's how it makes you feel, and that is literally priceless (Hallmark moment). I appreciate the owners of 1.0 chiming in and saying they don't think it's worth $9k, as if they're somehow comforting us, but it's a little patronizing. You guys got in early, good for you. Unfortunately us late comers weren't so lucky and now we're paying the price. I'm fine with it for stuff I really want.

#11409 1 year ago

TNA 2.0 not sold out yet. I guess obsessing over it and getting my order in at 10:01 AM was a fool's errand. But better to be a fool than a poor sap without a TNA.

2 months later
#11725 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Only pin I know of where f*## is every fourth word too.

Someone's never played Fuckin Big Points mode on Sopranos.

2 weeks later
#11975 1 year ago
Quoted from discosucks:

Another epic failure by Spooky on launch day to process orders. Had Scooby in cart at 10 and could never check out. Kept trying to calculate shipping, and then said will calculate later. Could never get payment to go through. And store is now closed. I know demand was gone be high, but they had same issue last year. Spooky just lost another customer. Anyone looking for a Halloween cheap?

TNA CE went off without a hitch. I'm glad there are so few people with taste in the hobby. j/k

#12004 1 year ago

Futurama would be bigger than BTTF. Hey that's an idea. What IP would have the biggest fanbase among the pinball demographic? Something that's universally loved? Personal bias aside.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

Machine - For Sale
La Porte, IN
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Mooshue's Market

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 80.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 45.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Gilbert, AZ
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Protection
Gameroom Mods

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider basementfacts.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-2021-game-speculation-thread?tu=basementfacts and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.