harley-quinn-legends-of-the-dark-knight-1_dc-comics_silo (resized).png
tumblr_ndd9vhv4uu1qedb29o1_500.gif
IMG_1836 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1833 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1832 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1125 Great outline of different types of buyers. Posted by mrclean (2 years ago)

Post #6466 First release video Posted by Borygard (2 years ago)

Post #7251 Led strip explanations Posted by SpookyLuke (2 years ago)

Post #9021 Spooky interview on podcast. July 12, 2021 Posted by ZMeny (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aeonblack.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4899 2 years ago

I'm a simple man, I hear "John Carpenter" and I start throwing money. I'll buy whatever the hell this is. Fang Club renewed.

#4913 2 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

The Thing. The Fog. Escape from NY. Halloween. Christine. His music pulls me in. A must have pin if design looks interesting.

So many awesome movies! I would love an apocalypse trilogy pin (The Thing, Prince Of Darkness, In The Mouth Of Madness).

#4999 2 years ago

I hope it's two horror themes and none of it is family friendly. Most of pinball is family friendly, hit me with them video nasties, give me gore, make it vulgar, gallows humor.

#5777 2 years ago

Is Meatloaf family friendly if he gets all of you old farts hot and bothered?

#6013 2 years ago

Here is a break from all the speculation with some of my own thoughts on potential gameplay and rules for Halloween without any thought given to anything except theme and the basic story beats of the first movie.

*Playing as Michael Myers*
-Kill sister
-Escape Smiths Grove Sanitorium
-Return home (and see Laurie Strode)
-Stalk Laurie
-Spy on babysitter Annie Brackett, kill the dog and kill her
-Kill Bob Simms, put on ghost costume and pose as him, then kill Lynda Van Der Klok
-Stalk and attack Laurie, she escapes
-Sneak into Doyle house where Laurie is hiding and attack her again, she stabs you with a knitting needle and escapes
-Awaken, search house and find her hiding in the closet, she stabs you with a coat hanger in the eye and chest with your own knife
-Awaken again, find Laurie, attempt to attack her, she pulls your mask off, Loomis shoots you.
-Awaken, escape, begin again

This would lose a lot of the menace, dread and atmosphere that the movie has, but would have the deepest options for rules. Making shots to progress the story, "side quests" to deal with non-laurie/non-loomis stuff, building a dread meter, etc. Could be some really fun bonus multiplier stuff through the use of that. I'm not a fan of bonus multipliers, but it's one way to do it that is actually interesting and makes sense to the theme. "Winning" would be just progressing the beats of the story, maybe doing some extra kills for points, etc.

*Playing as Laurie*
Lots of evasion, making shots to fight back against Michael, investigating different locations, etc. Not a super dull way to do it, as the looming menace of Michaels approach and presence would make for great atmosphere, but definitely wouldn't have the deepest rules if going purely from a movie-beats standpoint. I could see a "win" scenario of going off the path of the movie by warning and saving others from being killed. It would be really fun to have a "final girl" multiball where making shots fights back against him. This would be more of a meta thing, but could be really bad ass. I wouldn't mind if the gameplay beats didn't stick strictly to the movie beats. It's not a deep movie, as some have griped about, but that doesn't mean you're completely handcuffed to it. The idea of Michael as an unkillable force of nature (as John Carpenter and Deborah Hill intended) and Laurie as a true Final Girl is pretty much canon at this point so I can't see the license being adverse to that.

*Playing as Dr. Samuel Loomis*
-Bumble your way through ineptitude and thousand-yard-stare warnings as Michael escapes from your custody, steals your car and kills people because you were useless
-Shoot him, but don't kill him, because you can't even get that right
Just kidding, but I would mostly see this an "investigator" style of gameplay where you follow the leads to find Michael while trying to warn others of the danger of him. It would have a lot in common with Laurie mode of helping others, but I can't see it as being nearly as fun.

*Playing as a random*
-This is a classic license approach, don't use stars because they cost too much and don't want to do the voice work, get some other voice actor to do the voice work, make the game loosely tied to the movie at best. Throw in some story locations and beats to tie it in. Walking Dead is a perfect example of this. As Walking Dead (eventually) proved, the game can be good despite that flaw, so it's not a total bummer, but it does take away from the game some.
-I can see gameplay for this being very open ended and actually giving way to a much deeper ruleset since it's not handcuffed to anything in particular. The problem with this movie is that there isn't any great choices for the character you play as, it's a pretty small story. Maybe a police officer? Sheriff Leigh Brackett? That would work well for tying in with the babysitter/his daughter.

Basically, I don't see this as a super deep game unless they go with a meta-gameplay route, but I don't think that hurts the game at all. The theme is an absolute killer, the artwork (so far) looks amazing, and I can't wait to see what they do with it!

#6086 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

It's not that kind of forum

Could have fooled me, I thought all we do here is shitpost lol

#7004 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

No it's actually a separate lock that a physical extra ball can be held in but holds rewards later if you don't use it!

Oh that is awesome!

I'm so pumped on this, can't wait for my CE!

1 month later
#10338 2 years ago

I love Halloween 3, but I would not buy a Halloween 3 pin simply because they would 100% over use "three more days 'til halloween, halloween..." to the point that it would go from mildly annoying jingle that works in the context of the movie to ear cancer throughout my time playing it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

16,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Mooshue's Market

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 80.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 45.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Protection
Gameroom Mods

9,999 (OBO)
$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aeonblack.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-2021-game-speculation-thread?tu=aeonblack and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.