harley-quinn-legends-of-the-dark-knight-1_dc-comics_silo (resized).png
tumblr_ndd9vhv4uu1qedb29o1_500.gif
IMG_1836 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1833 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1832 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1125 Great outline of different types of buyers. Posted by mrclean (2 years ago)

Post #6466 First release video Posted by Borygard (2 years ago)

Post #7251 Led strip explanations Posted by SpookyLuke (2 years ago)

Post #9021 Spooky interview on podcast. July 12, 2021 Posted by ZMeny (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aeolus7.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2437 2 years ago
Quoted from curban:

Hard pass for any game featuring any Johnny Depp character.

Even if it’s a grocery clerk with family troubles and heavy dose of ennui? Scary!

A8D9BA63-7C9B-43EA-B12E-DBA4F7F852CE (resized).jpegA8D9BA63-7C9B-43EA-B12E-DBA4F7F852CE (resized).jpeg

2 weeks later
#3682 2 years ago
Quoted from proco:

Well ok, here you go.
Notes and observations:
[quoted image]

Wow, very impressed by this. Respect!

#3718 2 years ago
Quoted from goingincirclez:

America's More-Better Haunted!

Oh man, don't tease me!

2 weeks later
#9042 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

NES games? How about DUCK TALES!
Charlie thinks I'm nuts. Well everyone thought Ultraman was nuts - TOUCHE!

I agree, though I see your Duck Tales and raise you a Darkwing Duck! That would be an excellent great pinball theme for 90s kids (& their kids...)

#9101 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

When I think of Zelda, I think of puzzle solving and I'm not sure how well that translates to pinball. (I was also never really into Zelda, so I'm not very imaginative of what it could be.) Maybe it's like a Metroidvania approach of go do the thing to earn key items and then play the "you solved it" tune as part of the fanfare of finishing the mode. That then opens up other modes to attempt.

Great point. I'd think more along the lines of the RPG elements, which I think would translate really well to pinball. Collect a key (Shot A), use it to open door/chest (Shot B), get special weapons & unlock a mode (Shot C), to defeat boss mode. I'm not a designer/coder, but that's sort of what I envision as a massive Zelda fan. Alice Cooper has something comparable with collecting items to better defeat monsters, etc. Mandalorian has the shop where you can by armor/weapon upgrades. We're on the right track!

#9104 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I envision a Zelda pin to play like the original NES dungeon crawler. Navigate a map on the playfield a la JP, arrive at dungeons and hit lit shots to progress through, collect weapons/ potions items etc that can be used against bosses / enemies (activated by lockdown button) pops and slings collect rupees to be cashed in after boss is defeated (certain amounts net bonus multipliers) collect fairies for extra balls and reduced hit requirements on boss battles. Each dungeon requires more shots than the next to complete. Boss battles play out in multi ball and certain weapons work better on certain bosses. Collect all of the triforce pieces to unlock battle Ganon
Wizard mode, defeat him and ride out victory laps with the princess. Would really make for an incredible pinball experience.
[quoted image]

Dude, it's like we're the same person. Well said!

#9110 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Granted I've only played it a handful of times, but isn't ACNC basically Castlevania? Metroidvanias core concept of explore a map, get new items that let you go look at other parts of the map seem like a decent jumping off point for pinball adventures.

Kind of, my understanding of ACNC is you progress through "rooms" of the castle to battle monsters. One of the objectives is to collect items in order to help you defeat monsters more easily. I have one on order, but haven't had much play time on it yet! You're right, there's some Metroidvania aspect there, though you're not really using items to unlock things like Samus does. More of an optional objective in this case to make battles easier, which I guess is how secondary items work in Castlevania, so we're not to far off here. Regardless, totally agree the Metroidvania-style elements would translate well to pinball, and it wouldn't be all that different from what we do now in modes (shooting lit shots, qualifying modes, etc), just different terminology and objectives. As younger designers/coders get involved, I think we'll see more of this kind of thing.

#9113 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

You're right. It's not really gating off areas then giving access, it's more about doing extra stuff to make other things easier.
Really it's I see the map in the game and just instantly think Symphony of the Night
[quoted image]

Either way, I like the concept or even a mix between gated/non-gated collection. It’s what I wanted Mystery Castle to be the first time I played it. You collect all these cool items in a awesome castle setting, and it’s really just a scavenger hunt for points. How much more fun would it be if you use the Candelabra to light a tunnel you couldn’t access before to progress, or use the skull to scare the troll guarding the dungeon, etc?

1 week later
#9404 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Are there any good videos of AMH gameplay where you can really hear the audio? I remember when i first played AMH at Expo, I HATED the voices, and thought they were so bad that it made the game a non-starter for me. However, recently I saw an AMH stream and what you could hear sounded like campy stuff I would like. Audio wasn't good enough to hear much of the callouts, so I'd like to watch a video where you can hear everything. I'm curious if anything has changed or if I would like the experience any more than when it was still in pre-release status. Rules seem cool and the Medisinyl mods are over the top on this game.

As long as you can appreciate campy, the total package just works great. I can’t speak to pre-release code, but highly recommend this game in a home environment in its current iteration. I still LOL even after playing the crap out of AMH for a couple years. Lots of interesting shots & mechs. The game is difficult and ball times can be short (I still haven’t reached the wizard mode), but it’s really satisfying when you get a good game going.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

5,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
South Kingstown, RI
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wilkes-barre, PA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 11.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

$ 49.99
$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

€ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 13,500.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
$ 100.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aeolus7.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-2021-game-speculation-thread?tu=aeolus7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.