harley-quinn-legends-of-the-dark-knight-1_dc-comics_silo (resized).png
tumblr_ndd9vhv4uu1qedb29o1_500.gif
IMG_1836 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1833 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1832 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1125 Great outline of different types of buyers. Posted by mrclean (2 years ago)

Post #6466 First release video Posted by Borygard (2 years ago)

Post #7251 Led strip explanations Posted by SpookyLuke (2 years ago)

Post #9021 Spooky interview on podcast. July 12, 2021 Posted by ZMeny (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TheCapn.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5102 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I’ll start by saying I really like Cary Hardy.He’s one of the 4 pinball personalities I watch constantly .But did anyone watch his last posting on youtube ? I’m besides myself because he’s really going out of his way to drag this pin down .The break in the middle is what made me wonder what the hell he’s doing .He’s basically saying if it’s a success and sells out quick it’s only because the majority are in it to flip it .I’m not going to bash ,it’s not my style but Cary please clarify your animosity with Halloween and or Spooky .You stated you watched 3 or 4 seasons on RnM to try to understand the pinball machine while not liking the show ,but if Spooky put out a GG I sure the hell wouldn’t be watching 90 hrs of it to understand the pin ,all the while not liking it Be good bud I’ll still be watching I’m just trying to understand the Debbie Downer clip I just watched twice.
[quoted image]

I apologize if I made you feel as if I was dragging down Spooky and/or their upcoming Halloween title, because this was not my intentions. The only reason I had my opinions on where the sales would come from is due to the current market on Limited Edition titles in general. The theme doesn't speak to me - at this time. Judging by comments on that video alone - I may have underestimated the popularity of this franchise. Time will tell. On the topic of R&M viewing - it's not like I sat there and did nothing but watch it. It's a rarity that I will be watching content without doing something else simultaneously. I always have something going on the tube while working on machines or other projects. I wanted to understand the reason why people were so excited for it, and have complete context of the game's theme.

Contrary to what others might think:

Quoted from TheLaw:

Didn't see it but was he just stammering around dumbfounded & confused aboot everything?

I do gather data before hitting the record button (most of the time ). I haven't even spoke on camera yet to my feelings on how R&M even shoots - 'spoiler alert' it was clunky. That was even after the owner literally drilled new holes for the rail that feeds the garage in order for the shot to be smoother.

For those that are getting emotional about my thoughts on Halloween. All I have stated is that the theme alone doesn't call to me. The layout looks interesting, and I can't wait to see it shoot. The game will sell out, but hopefully those are legit buyers and not flippers. I haven't commented on anything else but what is known to the public at this time. I feel my initial thoughts and comments are tame compared to a lot of what is spat out here on Pinside.

#5122 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Clunky as in you couldn't hit your shots...because frankly, the game is hard (intentionally). The whole clunky/flow argument is pretty ridiculous. The same goes for people that say "This game has flow!" Translation: The shots are easy to make.

When a ball hits an angled rail system it should follow the railing system trajectory with a smooth in and out sequence (if that is the designers intentions at least). Whereas with R&M the ball would slam into a rail and rattle around before slowly returning back into play. Even with the amount of times I watched the game on stream with players with skill (Danger and Kerins). The ball more often than not would rattle around in the loop and the shot to the garage. Doesn't mean I think the game is bad - just not a smooth shooter.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Grand Haven, MI
Machine - For Sale
Charlotte, NC
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TheCapn.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-2021-game-speculation-thread?tu=TheCapn and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.