harley-quinn-legends-of-the-dark-knight-1_dc-comics_silo (resized).png
tumblr_ndd9vhv4uu1qedb29o1_500.gif
IMG_1836 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1833 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1832 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1125 Great outline of different types of buyers. Posted by mrclean (2 years ago)

Post #6466 First release video Posted by Borygard (2 years ago)

Post #7251 Led strip explanations Posted by SpookyLuke (2 years ago)

Post #9021 Spooky interview on podcast. July 12, 2021 Posted by ZMeny (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Roostking.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#73 3 years ago
Quoted from Pyromedic:

Holy f@#$ could you imagine a pin that wasntt only Horror themed, but actually designed to actually scare you!
programmed to do creepy shit, totally random turn on by itself and start a game, appear off, but say creepy crap at total random after crazy long periods, hologram hidden in backglass comes out during game play to eff with you and scare you into loosing your ball. occasionally takes over your game play and plays it self.
Hell Yeah!

Oh man, talk about theme integration!!

2 months later
#115 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I think he meant Rob Zombie??

LOL.
https://images.app.goo.gl/6yFN7Ga4HRFvHKGR8

tenor (resized).pngtenor (resized).png
#122 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

[quoted image]

Thanks LOL, I was having technical diffulties!

1 week later
#134 3 years ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

Vagina Dentata?
Or did you mean Jennifer's Body? Or a hybrid of both Teeth and Jennifer's Body?

Folks, while its fun to throw out absurd titles, Remember, they still have to sell pins..

Road Warrior would a good fit for Spooky, given the darkness they gave RZ.

4 weeks later
#268 3 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

I had written a bunch of words on topic but I’m just looking forward to playing some dang location pinball. I’ve got all of 3 games on Rick and morty because of COVID...

I cant imagine being in a locked down state, still. Ive been playing pinball on location for 6 months now. Feel for ya guys...

#275 3 years ago

Every Spooky title gets better and better, whatever the next release is, will be bad ass. R&M set a high bar though!

1 week later
#493 2 years ago

I bet they announce right after Sterns announcement, which should happen soon.

2 weeks later
#1260 2 years ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

I see what your saying about how Stern has the ability and that Spookey is a smaller shop. Couldn't they have adjusted their production run after seeing what a hit R&M was? IDK.

Well i think the original 750 buyers would he pissed or something if they pumped out more. Best to not announce a limit. They left a ton of cash on the table.

#1262 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Totally, The license was for 750 games, they couldn’t produce more without a new contract. Buyers would have been pissed had Charlie done that. Plus I think Spooky wanted to make a splash with a cool new theme, finish production in a year and move onto the next big thing. I think over time we’ll see larger production numbers as the company expands.

Ah gotcha, i didn't know the entire backstory. Makes sense, the success probably caught Spooky by surprise(Irony!) I bet they dont do that again. R&M is a blast!!

#1505 2 years ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

The picture makes me think of Dragon’s Lair....

dragons-lair-800x450 (resized).jpgdragons-lair-800x450 (resized).jpg
#1800 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Agreed, but most of the people in bars are younger people in my experience. At least in Australia, the older generations put their money in stinking fucking poker machines (slots). They are in every bar, pub and social club across the country.
There are plenty of recognizable themes that are not from our childhood, TWD is one of the best pinball machines out there. Nostlagia is ok i guess, but i listen to modern music and watch new release movies.
Loved Led Zepplin, Pink Floyd and Deep Purple when i was a kid, but i wouldn't go to see those old cunts thrashing the same songs from 40 years ago if i got free tickets. Rather see an up and coming band.
It was all about the new music back then, but people forget that.
I can only think that us old guys are their primary target market, and i think that should change before we all die.
In any case, us progressive's are certainly in the minority, so I'll let you get back to your stroll through your happy childhood.

Follow the money. What age bracket makes the money? Not really hard to understand..

And yes, I am aware that some "youngers" have gobs of cash.

I say again, what age bracket makes the money.. So Rush it is(If you are Stern) I'm hoping Spooky stays true to course and releases something known, but with the usual edge and snark.

#1802 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Again, assuming the Bible Adventures pin would be religious? Nope. No Jesus, no God just pure BABY MURDERING ACTION!

Legit...

Kerald_(Meister_des_Codex_Egberti)_001 (resized).jpgKerald_(Meister_des_Codex_Egberti)_001 (resized).jpg
#1979 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

no it doesn't, it just needs to sell out eventually. Just trying to get a feel on how excited the community would be for this potential theme.

Whatever it is, its going to be great and its going to sell out quickly.

#2325 2 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

So it would be after all fang club members were given a chance at it?

There wont be any left.

#2326 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

The poll is quite fair since multiple selections can be made. Sorry, ya'll just can handle the truth.

You obviously dont understand "Spooky" the company. Think of "Spooky" themes and thats what they make(Unless contracted of course).

It could be the 20th on the overall list, but if its "Spooky" it fits. I have no doubt whatever it is, it will sell out fast, so 20th works too.

#2876 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Yeah I know Netflix has a show, same animation studio as Castlevania? (love that show)
It still isn't He-Man. This isn't misdirection. IT ISN'T HE-MAN.
I think we all have a pretty good bead on stuff Charlie likes. Maybe start there with your guesses?

Does he like heavy metal music

#2994 2 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

28 ?
I like how "doubling" somehow makes 3, or is that 6? Lol
Next thing 3+3=5 ...

Common core math!

#3099 2 years ago

Omgod Spooky is trolling hard, sending out items from themes discussed here lol.

#3154 2 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

I’ve said this a few times over the last few years. Taco Bell would be so easy to do a pin about. I’d even make sure there is a Mexican Pizza mode. My wife was (and still is) pissed when they took that off the menu.

I am too!

1 week later
#3873 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

It'd be a huge letdown for me if it is Nightmare or Halloween.
I would presume Spooky would want a title that is attractive to pinballers around the globe, not sure if halloween and nightmare are hot anywhere else in the world other than in the US?

They probably arent too worried about overseas sales, they will sell out in the states, regardless of theme IMO.

#4067 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Actually we will be doing a video to clear these things up early in the week!

Deleted, didnt have coffee yet!

#4075 2 years ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

Pretty sure Camp Crystal was F13.

D'oh! Hadn't had coffee yet!

1 week later
#6119 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

This is the Halloween thread. Many of us just didn't feel the need to start a new thread once the first title was announced.

The title of this thread is called "The Next Spooky pin". Now that we know what it is, that traffic should move to a specific Halloween thread. Then we can discuss the "NEXT" Spooky pin.

#7138 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:I can appreciate that. I bet if you guys dropped a comprehensive breakdown of the current rule at this code version it may help bolster the confidence of the rule nerds out here, myself included haha. A lot of us will spend the money if we know there is a deep challenge and that we can’t get to the wizard mode in a 15 min game in the first week of ownership. Not saying that’s what this game IS but we just wanna know what this puppy is packing as far as rules / objectives / code etc. We would try patience but umm we know the game will sell out regardless of how we feel about the depth haha

While all of this would be nice, they dont need to. Both games are going to sellout in no time.

#7148 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Agreed, they absolutely do not have to do this. But Spooky does a lot of things that set them apart from other manufacturers and this could be yet another move to solidify confidence in the brand and the new titles.

Valid.

#7237 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Where are we even getting the assumption the games will be “shallow”? Is it just one guy ranting on about it or has Spooky said something?

One guy ranting. Over and Over and Over, and OVER!

#7243 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

They are great looking playfields. My only nitpick is they don't cover up the LED strip very well.
I'm assuming it's just an adhesive stuck along the sides of the upper playfields. It's a clever spot for them, but I don't like seeing the actual LEDs and copper pads where the strip would be cut... It's acceptable but it's like seeing switches/lamps on a game where they do a poor job of hiding the wires. It stands out compare to how detailed some of the toys/mechs are, like how the upper upper playfield has nice wood details all over it to make it better blend in (very nice touch)
That said, I don't really know how to make them look better while remaining very affordable and easy to construct.

They already addressed this. There is a slight ledge or something so you dont see them directly. I would assume if Spooky workers aren't throwing a fit about the LED's, and they have played the game, then we shouldnt either, based on a few pics and a short video. But, people who havent even seen anything about rules are already saying its shallow, so theres that as well.

Pinside detectives at work!

#7249 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I got the impression from someone earlier in this thread that seemed to have played it, that it’s like that for a reason. Maybe a gameplay reason? Seems too obviously bare.

Yea it was someone involved with the design of the pf or something that said its bare for a reason.

#7252 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

The strips are all individually addressed RGB. Meaning each one is individually controllable the same way as an insert light.
They are also completely diffused from player angle with a smoked cover the same material used for the playfield inserts.
In the video many shots were taken 2 feet lower than player eye level that is why you see them in the video.
Nobody who has ever played this game in person has had any complaints at all about light diffusion.

Can we make this a sticky, and put LED-Gate to rest?

#7306 2 years ago

Complete a/v assets, additional music added. Should be a very immersive package!!

#7427 2 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Always felt the real question is why should you need a membership to buy a game?
It should just be a cool, support spooky fan club.

Price of pedigree and trust. Helps keep the snipers out and rewards longtime (even if 2 hr old accounts) from fan sites like halloween.com fan page,where they buy the new halloween toy, nudging others out. Let them duke it out in the 2nd hand market.

#7914 2 years ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

Someone owes me....

I didnt take the bet!

#7993 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Yeah, that was my thought. Why specific numbers of each style if it’s to be determined by the customer?

Maybe distros pre-ordered what they wanted? I have no idea of course.

#8028 2 years ago
Quoted from iloveplywood:

Crazy how fast the Halloweens sold, based on pinside it didn't seem that popular. On the other hand, it was really strange to see non-pinball people popping up on social media asking how to buy one. I kind of thought they would all go away when they saw the price -- but I guess Halloween fans are probably the perfect age group to afford and enjoy a pin. Amazing job Spooky!

I dont know if its necessarily the theme or Halloween fans that pushed this so fast, or that its just a downright violent/scary pin that is probably the most adult oriented pin(besides Playboy lol) that has ever been released. There is something to be said for that and if I were in a position to buy right now, would be my main reason for the purchase. Everything about this pin says ADULT and its unapologetic about it.

#8113 2 years ago
Quoted from Penguindeity:

They don't need graves. You just cremated them with the comment! If you're ever near Bay City I owe you a beer for making me spit out my drink.

They already have the PinPod (TM) casket designed!

#8116 2 years ago
Quoted from blastbeat:

On/off topic. Are most spooky owners happy with quality of builds, components, etc.. any big issues etc.? I've mostly heard very good things. Not that it matters now since I bought a CE Halloween but....

Spooky has learned as it has grown and have had some growing pains, but the difference is the service after the fact. I would not hesitate to buy a Spooky pin(Nor did you, good move!) the TNA and RandM I play on location have never been down when I went to play and are simply a blast!

#8161 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

I joined the Halloween CE club today. Hooray ! Picked up a game during the cleanup period. Oh boy, that means I gotta wait 18 short months.
Halloween is a dream theme for me but I wanted to see pics and video of the game, at least. The artwork everywhere is soooo good that a purchase was inevitable, right? Well I was still on the fence as game sales opened. I spent three hours pouring over everything and sales were done. Right then I decided I’d get one if one came up during order cleanup and one did. So I did.
Gotta say I love the implementation of this theme and the rules are straight forward. The inserts on playfield track all pertinent progress through and including final wizard mode. Will the game flow smoothly? I don’t know or care, it is probably average at least, with the potential to improve to really good or even great - tbd after viewing game play video.
this game has assets from my fave horror movie.

I could have written this as well. If it werent a Spooky pin, I would probably have stayed away because of PF worries and lack of support. Ya got me Spooky, I am confident my somewhat crazy blind faith purchase will be worth it.

Halloween CE ordered from PinballSTAR.

#8238 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Just another feel good idea that is easily defeated by anyone who even cared to try. Never going to work until you tie purchases to the person who actually uses the game. Which isn't happening either.

I had no intention of waking up and buying a pin. Said eff it and got one no problem from Pinballstar.

#8388 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Mildly concerned about the loomis soundalike - it cheapens the experience In my opinion. Would rather you guys just used sound clips from the movie as I could tell right away it wasn't him in the promo.

Most wont notice. Like me. Not a concern to most. Like me. Sounded pretty close from what i recall.

#8404 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

You're like me!

Anybody with a RatFink avatar is alright in my book!

#8443 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Anyone know what order# they started at yesterday @ 9am? My order was confirmed at 9:06am - just kinda curious where I fall in line for a CE Halloween. I have a feeling I may get it earlier than expected…

Did you order through the site, or a distro? Kinda curious myself, although I ordered way late from a distro and in no rush.

#8446 2 years ago
Quoted from monitorpop:

Not exactly what you’re asking for but I placed these merch orders ~35hrs before and ~13hrs after the on-sale:
Order ID Number: 11128
Order Date: 07/05/21 9:48pm
Order ID Number: 11866
Order Date: 07/07/21 9:56pm

I ordered my CE late from a distro, then got on the Spooky site for my fang club membership

YOUR ORDER ID NUMBER IS: 11851 for the fang club.

At the time, Spooky still showed all version of pins were available. Once FOMO really hit, I went through the disto.

#8474 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Houses are ONLY $500k somewhere?!?! What magical fairy tale land do you live in?!

Dont tell him, we dont need him moving from Cali, and bringing "Cali Values" with him lol

J/K!

#8479 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

Wtfff… one Didn’t know Ben Heck himself was here (big fan!) and two holy cow!!!!! How is it?!!

He helped build it, I bet he thinks its pretty dang cool!

#8487 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

Wow didn't know this! Does he work for Spooky or this was a one off? Sorry I missed this somewhere I guess.

I dont have all the details, but they built his AMH and they used him and his colleague's previous boards and other equipment in subsequent pins. These (2) pins use an all new board developed by Ben and the same colleague, called the Pinataur. So technically Ben is troubleshooting and testing, wink wink!

Correct me if I am wrong Ben!

#8490 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Way late to this, but WTF, I watched the Spooky site closely after the initial problems, and it took over an hour for all the games to sell out, during which the site worked fine. You could have ordered on a fucking 33.6kbps modem with that amount of time. Don't blame Spooky for your inattentiveness and tin-cans and string internet.

No kidding. I got FOMO, hit up a distro, bought the game through paypal, which I havent used in forever and had to update payment options. Went to Spooky, got into the fang club.

I had my game bought in less than 15 minutes from the time I first emailed PinballSTAR. Didnt need high-speed internet for any of it.

#8522 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I got an Atari 800 hand me down from my cousins when they got an Apple. I had no idea it had a modem! I mostly used it to play Donkey Kong & Print Shop.

Print shop FTW!

#8526 2 years ago

Started my journey on a Commodore 64 with 300 baud modem. Thanks mom!!!

#8713 2 years ago

Has anyone gotten an order # from a distro? I ordered then purchased my Fang Club membership, which is 11851.

Not worried about #'s, just excited to get on this train and ride it!

#8753 2 years ago
Quoted from freakyvideoguy:

Has anyone that ordered direct from spooky had their cards charged (like the email said would happen at midnight?). My payment is still pending from July 7. Trying to reach out via email (like we were asked), but no luck on getting a response.

Not from Spooky, but my charge finally hit.

#8758 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

With how much less wiring, PCBs, and etc... a lot of games feel too light now. Sometimes I think about putting a sandbag in the bottom of my Sterns to give them a little more heft to feel like an older game.

I definently want pins on the heavier side. Not saying that always translates to quality of course..

#8842 2 years ago
Quoted from Nightmare:

Forgive me ahead of time but how can this game go on sale to the public if it's already sold out?

It cant, unless a few distros have a few left.

#8846 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Interesting results over in the Spooky poll thread.
UM percentage breakdown:
68/23/9 CE/BSE/SE
Halloween:
78/12/10 CE/BSE/SE
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-which-one-did-you-buy
Assuming this small sample size is accurate, I’m surprised that the CEs sold WAY over the 50% mark. Interesting!

Im not. Considering topper prices overall, it seems an interactive topper that slays is a no brainer for 1000. The other CE options, love or hate, are a bonus.

In other words, the CE is really the best value overall and thats why its the best selling.

#8847 2 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Exactly. Just say 900 CE's sold. Doesn't matter if CE's are first. Number 900 has a very long wait..

Im probably close to 900 lol. FOMO through PinballSTAR. All good.

#8855 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:You’re right - might have been $1100 - but still a big jump.
Just looked up my invoice - RNM BSE was $7595. Then add coin door/plastics/shaker and it added about $300. So $7895 vs $8995.
Edit: Unless there’s other stuff on UM Ce that wasn’t on Rnm?

3 levels. 7 Physical ball locks?

To start.

#8903 2 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Nothing yet. I emailed a couple days ago and asked how to send more money too.

Pinballstar used paypal. Did you use paypal?

#8905 2 years ago

Joe stated if you got the PayPal confirmation than you are good. We won't hear more until they have the game numbers figured out. He stated not to request that information but to wait for his email.

Yea im good and wont be bothering them. Wasnt sure if the poster I quoted did though, since he didnt mention paypal and seemed to be waiting to hear back from pinballstar.com

#8985 2 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Personally, I think the swag is cool and am happy to display it and to support Spooky. I can see how it helps hype up the product from a marketing perspective. I just think that there should be a cutoff date for membership prior to reveal if the idea of 'exclusive early access' is supposed to be the main perk. That's all.

While I benefited from this, I totally get your point. If its a selling point, "early access", there should be some cutoff date. Wont matter now, ill keep renewing

#9117 2 years ago

I just listened to the podcast, I am super stoked. Im not really a podcast guy, as I'd rather just read, than listen.

Cant be more excited for this pin!!

#9145 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Different time. Irrelevant comparison. People weren’t buying games for homes, everything was for arcades…which were dying. The game actually DIDN’T sell well when it came out. Over the years, as collectors snagged them, THEN it became beloved….and because the numbers were low, it became expensive. Which led to the remake.
Totally different situation than where we are today.

No kidding. I seriously lold at that comparison. Lets keep the comparisons to the last 20 years, shall we.

Unlicensed themes do not sell as well as licensed, its a fact.

#9149 2 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

They sold 4000 plus units in a pinball downturn. That is more games than Spooky has ever made in total to date times 2. Check your facts before you start making claims. A good game will sell.

Dude MMR isnt a new theme for crying out loud, its a remake of a theme from a different time, when pinball was 10x more popular. Sure its a blast, but to call it a new, unlicensed theme is ridiculous. Dialed In is a new, unlicensed theme. Its fun to shoot, but i bet if it were licensed, they would have sold 2 or 3x more.

#9198 2 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

That is an excellent point. I wonder how these exact games would have sold from another smaller manufacturer that has proven themselves not to be vaporware.
For example, if American Pinball released the Halloween/Ultraman combo in this exact package at this exact price would it have sold out instantly?

Probably not, but I believe that since AP gives quality service and like Spooky, seem to be getting better with every release, I think they would sell out now doubt. Just not as fast.

#9208 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I only dabble a little with modern anime, but it's like anything else. There's good stuff, ok stuff, and rubbish. There's A LOT more of it than there used to be. There are so many random niche interests with an anime show if you go looking for it.
But saying it peaked in the 90s is just being snobby about what else is around now, like old fogies that only want to listen to Skynyrd and Warren Zevon because everything else is presumed crap because they don't try anything new.

Haha, you just called Mvdp whatshisbucket a boomer.

Classic!

#9229 2 years ago

Sooo Modders.

How can we modify the shooter, so its a smooth "Sharp butcher knife entering a body" motion, as opposed to the standard pinball "Springy" feel and sounds.

Morbid yea, but its Halloween.

#9258 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

How do know how that really feels? Hmmmmm ……..

Soooo satisfying,

According to Michael Meyers!

#9260 2 years ago

Im hoping the topper has variable slashing speed!! Slowly but surely builds up, RGBs get redder and redder until, the deed is done...

#9264 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

My distro just confirmed my fang club membership, boy hate to miss the "n" in that.
Wonder how many folks will lose a machine from a distro without having the Fang Club membership.

PinballSTARs email clearly stated that after ordering, you needed to get the FANG memberships asap. I did, but i also wonder if others didnt. Hope they did.

#9342 2 years ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

Here is my method of approximating my game number:
11300 was close to the baseling order number when Spooky started taking orders. My number was 11544, so 244th order.
First 50 made are for special people like friends of Spooky, team members etc and then every other 50 are for distro so I double my number (488+50)
That means I will be around build #533. But as far as the # of my CE HWN, I figure about 75 of the orders before me were UMN (total guess)
So, if my calculations are correct I will have HWN CE#458.
In reality, I am planning on getting between #1 and #1250, just to be safe

My Fang Club order # is in the 800s(815 I think), which I paid for just after ordering a CE.

This is what FOMO looks like lol

Transaction date
Jul 7, 2021 12:47:49 PDT

#9459 2 years ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

The Halloween numbers seem as expected. I mean who does not want that Topper!

It seemed like a no brainer for the extras.

#9470 2 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Halloween BSE here, I like the topper but not a fan of the gold trim so it would be £900 extra for the topper and a colour I don't like if I went CE.

Im not a big fan of that gold either, im hoping i can do something to make them more orange or copper color. I had to have the topper! If it werent for that, i would have gone BSE

#9488 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

That seems wildly optimistic but im rooting for you

Given the stated output and building 2 pins at once, with a 2 to 1 ratio(I think?). Who knows though, maybe we haven't seen a gameplay vid, because some pins are built and about to drop!!

#9494 2 years ago
Quoted from Billygrippo:

And if it’s a licensing issue, as seemed to be claimed.....
Then turn off the sound.....
You’ve got an advertising video, so what’s the difference between that and gameplay.

Spooky didnt claim licensing issues, that is just speculation from the thread. They said hopefully by end of month.

#9621 2 years ago

Got my number. Either 912 or 920, as there are 2 "TB"s. Going to be a wait, but thats ok!!!

#9654 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Ahhhh yes, nothing like trite low hanging fruit from the “greatest generation”

Nothing like a butthurt snowflake response from, the "not even close to the greatest generation".

#9694 2 years ago
Quoted from pldubya43:

Who has experience with the Butter Cabinet? I want to know if it's worth the investment.

Most people say it looks amazing and if you are able to display it in a way that it can be seen, go for it(I will be) if its in a row of pins or the cab art really cant be seen, not worth it. Some say it does does add value at resale, other say it doesnt. Im not getting if to up the value, I will be able to show both sides of the pin, so a no brainer to me.

#9704 2 years ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

No need for butter on Halloween, Ultraman might be a different story. The artwork on the two pins is very different.

Although Ill probably get it for JCH, its going to really pop on Ultraman

#9759 2 years ago
Quoted from herg:

I hate to even mention it, but Joe's message does not say it will be playable.

BUZZKILL!

#9761 2 years ago
Quoted from Obed_Marsh:I got an Alice Cooper from Spooky direct and it was 350 shipping via FedEx to Arizona. I don't think distance makes all that big a difference in the cost.

Im in Mesa, so thats good news.

#9769 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Since when did Stern start doing that? When I bought AC/DC and Tron, I definitely paid for shipping as a separate charge. Makes their ludicrous prices somewhat less ludicrous if that's the case.
UM 428....going to be a long wait, but at least I shouldn't have to worry about doing any post-receipt fixes. Just found out. Bit hard to swallow that I might not be getting my game until 2023, but like all things in life...I'll get over it. I'll probably completely forget about the damn thing and when I get the email to pay I'll just be like "what?"

Thats how I will be. What effing bill for $7000? Oh yea!(Mad scramble to find funds commences!)

#9865 2 years ago
Quoted from cambio77:

I agree guy apologized drop it. Cancel culture sucks

Not really, its usually the (d) being canceled by other (d).

#9868 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

I had some issues with the outer orbit switch of my R&M. I just couldn't get it adjusted to where it was consistent. I ended up installing a mag switch. Works great but definitely makes the game play faster!

I assume this is not very involved?

#9890 2 years ago
Quoted from blastbeat:

I have owned about 10 pins, so not a lot. Mostly B/W, but have owned modern Stern, 90s Gottlieb, Sega...hoping I don't have to do a LOT to make this pin shoot well. Not being silly I know I'll have plenty of adjustments to do etc. I just hope nothing feels cheap if that makes sense. Some people praise Spooky, others say they are just not finished/good products. I mean I bought a HWN CE so doesn't matter now lol. I guess my point is tweaking, some part replacements etc. Ok I'm fine. Just want good quality that doesn't feel less than a bally or stern etc. Again just no real experience with their pins (probably should have played one first but I love love love halloween)

R&M and TNA feel solid.

#9923 2 years ago

Im really hoping its just the angle that makes the gap seem so wide. Surely, they would not go into production if the switch doesnt register every shot.

#10051 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

People who bought munsters probably had the same feeling lol. It’s a joke so fan boys please relax. I hope your right. And by the time my #790 Halloween CE gets made we see some good progress.

Wow, you are so quick to judge, good lord. Munsters? Really? This is going to put Spooky with/surpass the big boys and they know it. They will not blow it.

#10055 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

It was a joke and I stated that. Take the fanboy goggles off. Apparently it’s keeping you from reading my whole post.Lighten up.

I actually reread your post and deleted, but you got to it first. You are kinda quick to judge though Cant wait for mine to show up, sometime

#10067 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

+1
I've always loved AMH from the moment I played it at TPF tournament. The game is BRUTAL no two ways about it, but the cheese factor is what makes it awesome. It's an amazing game, and I was trying to work a deal to get one a few days before Ultraman/Halloween were announced. In retrospect, I'm glad it didn't happen, but at the same time, I'd still love to own the game.

I hope to play one someday!

#10105 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:Spooky is awaiting certain clearances from the licensor and working out the code in the meantime. It’ll come, frustrating but not that odd.

Just as a general licensing question, not related specifically to HWN.

If a product is this far along, could the licensor pull the plug? Or are there repercussions if they attempted that?

Again, this is a general licensing issue question.

#10111 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Nope that's why we sign contracts! You guys are reading way to far into this lol all good. We are organizing a stream and I would just hope ya guys don't base your whole opinion on a show cell video!

My apologies, I really didn't mean to imply anything. It was just something I had thinking about before When thinking about zep, mandalorion etc. I just happened to ask here.

No rush or worries here!

#10126 2 years ago

I don't want to see vid to decide if I'm keeping the pin, I am just pumped about it and want to see more!

#10159 2 years ago
Quoted from Billygrippo:

Ahh.. “Manic depression”
Good for you! Although in 25 years, you still haven’t learned how to shut your mouth.

And you haven't, at whatever age you are. GRIPE-O lol

Non-licensed themes don't do as well as licensed themes and that the bottom line. Not real bright are ya

#10245 2 years ago
Quoted from tp:

I get the 2nice looking games, but more frustrating than fun to play? I guess you must of played them 'virtually' in your mind. I love(not) how a person could think their opinion is and will be a blanket statement for the entire population. People like different things. Do you even have a #? And if so you might as well put it up for sale and let someone who's gonna appreciate it take delivery. That's my opinion, sorry its 'different' from yours and perhaps the rest of the world. But I'm ok with that.

Pretty sure he has a 2D Halloween pin that he built, so he is just bagging on the new kid on the block.

#10291 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I like the branding, it sets them apart. “Emery Pinball” doesn’t sound necessarily fun, interesting or exciting to me. And not every game that Spooky makes has to be a horror slasher supernatural thing. It is working for them and they selling out games. Why try to fix what’s not broken?

Have to find a new angle to bitch about lol.

1 month later
#10363 2 years ago

Me too. Was in on Halloween and won the raffle for Ultraman. Im hoping they are different enough in code to warrant keeping them both. Time will tell!

Underlying code will be basically the same IMO, but the delivery will be much different. With Ultraman, I'm sure they have much more leeway with how it's presented. I have not seen any worries from the UM crowd regarding assets, whereas the HWN crowd, including myself, have expressed some apprehension regarding film assets and how much the licensor will allow.

#10369 2 years ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

This would be a sick hardcore theme that only Spooky would do.
[quoted image]

Yes please!!!

2 months later
#10438 2 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

+1 for SUPERJAIL.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

You'd have to be in acid to watch that show...

2 months later
#10526 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

"Weird Al" Yankovic would be one of my personal dream themes. The man has defined a genre for nearly 50 years.
[quoted image]

Did weird Al have to license the music he made? If so getting his licensing to his music and then the licensing to their music as parody might be a problem but I have no idea?

4 months later
#10870 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

It will undoubtedly be based on the original cartoon. Bad taste is for Stern, THEY would do the live action CGI movie haha

JJP would release Scrappy doo lol

2 months later
#11197 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

That price though...I get things are tough these days, but this is unlicensed and a rerun. If this is 9k, then whatever is coming next is likely way more than that. I guess I'm priced out of anything new in the future.

Not a TNA vs. Halloween post, TNA is epic, HWN remains to be seen, but my 920 Butter cab Halloween is sounding like a bargain anymore.

Cant wait to see both!

#11217 1 year ago

I can't begin to imagine what they're gonna charge for the next game then 12 to $15000?

TNA vs Godzilla
Lol. No contest

#11378 1 year ago
Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

Still no Scooby-Doo for sale on their site. What is the delay!!

Maybe still need to fill HWN/UM orders?

#11379 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Evil Dead BSE for $5k in February. You heard it here first!

Is that the non-refundable deposit?

#11460 1 year ago
Quoted from Vecna:

Because they lost a arm and a leg.

#11461 1 year ago

The amount of people that believe sellers had a gun pointed to their head and forced to sell machine for loss is ridiculous. No one made you do that.

Why are people so stupid lol

#11558 1 year ago
Quoted from ataritoday:

Go family friendly and license
Luigi’s mansion from Nintendo.

Can we leave the kiddy themes to JJP and Stern please, we need at least one adult pinball manufacturer

2 months later
#11703 1 year ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

I predict Scooby Doo will blow up Spooky’s website just like HW did. Then the FOMO/flavor of the month crowd will start to complain about the early code, wait times, etc. spots will begin to change hands. It will be championed as the greatest game ever by some and the worst by others.

So like any manufacturer.

1 week later
#11754 1 year ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

I am going to guess that Eric will code Scooby and that is a big selling point.

Didnt we get a little bait and switch with Bowen/Halloween?

#11846 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

You seem to want this:
[quoted image]
But that's not what a pinball looks like when moving. The reflections don't spin, they stay stable while the ball spins, which you really don't see. Like so:
[quoted image]

I mean no offense, but what they did is actually paying attention to the details if you want to get pedantic about it.
If you don't care for the look that's cool, but it's accurate!

If you stop the ball it looks like a ghost, so super accurate, actually.

#11847 1 year ago
Quoted from Lopa:

Never ceases to amaze me, pinball Karen’s are on the prowl looking to be as pedantic as they can and critique the ball movement on a teaser trailer.
FFS get over yourself.

Agreed, the pendanticity here in unreal!

#11902 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:I don't want to belabor this point, but I do think it's worth bringing this up again since it hasn't really been brought up around Scooby. (And I won't bring down the hype thread by this "negativity" of pointing out serious issues last time Spooky sold a game)
There was some hesitation around the Halloween/Ultraman design at launch. One of the hesitations was who was the rule designer.

So Spooky tries to reassure potential buyers

The community being relieved by that

I'm not sure what the story of this photo is, but keep this in mind

Now Bowen's version

Let's be clear: Spooky announced and then put Halloween/Ultraman up for sale within days. They did not post any gameplay videos for over a month after sales were opened. They outright lied to potential buyers to reassure them.
Now some of the buyers are happy with their game, which is great. But it doesn't change the fact it was sold under false pretenses.
I understand Spooky might be cautious about saying too much now. Scooby might be by a new coder and some people will feel some fear, uncertainty, and doubt. But I want to remind Spooky of how they botched dealing with that last time, because it was a pretty big fuck up in my personal opinion.

Im not rich and the fact they mentioned Bowen was INDEED a point that swayed my decision to purchase Halloween.

The pin is badass and im 100% happy, but yea, left a somewhat sour taste.

2 weeks later
#12085 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

[quoted image]

Pretty much why I upvoted!

1 week later
#12137 1 year ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Is it multi-denominational?

Yes, blobert would take an investors money in any denomination...

1 month later
#12181 1 year ago
Quoted from GoldenBeard:

I’m hoping for a Christmas theme this year. Even if it’s horror Christmas. I think that a small run of something like that and if they squeezed it in before their next big announcement would be awesome

It would be cool, but how do you "squeeze in" a small run? Every title has to hit the mark and Im sure Spooky isnt looking to build 200 games max anymore, unless they can get $20,000 for them.

2 weeks later
#12276 1 year ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Yeah, that’d be awesome!
rd

Breadcrumb?

4 weeks later
#12306 1 year ago
Quoted from spooky_dj:

Let's do a game with no LCD; those seem pretty hip right now!

Will it bring down the price?

1 week later
#12352 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

If this is directed at me you would be right, I only ever once aquired a GB and a BR in a multi game trade and promptly unloaded it. I don’t think saying anything wild when I say that it’s not a good look to glorify a fictitious Pedophile child murderer in a pin. I’m frankly surprised that there is push back on that stance at all.

Because 99% of the people dont know this tid bit, and they dont care. Like me.

#12360 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Yeah, my reason is pedophilia is a reprehensible disgusting act AND it is a part of the NOES lore. Is that too specific? Or is that a very simple, direct and understandable stance? If you guys want a pedo pin…well…keep pining for it I guess. I’m out on pedo pins. Let’s call it a day on this shall we?

Did the movie convey any pedophelia? Honestly cant remember.

Did you read the book?

1 month later
#12384 11 months ago

Based on some target images on Halloween, something to do with Meatloaf is coming. I wish it were the food, not the dude.

#12386 11 months ago

This is the stock decal on my upper hedge Michael. Hiding in plain site as another pinsider spotted first. Rocky Horror picture show?

20230519_223642 (resized).jpg20230519_223642 (resized).jpg
3 months later
#12631 7 months ago
Quoted from cookpins:

[quoted image]

TCM is literally after Scooby! Nice catch..

#12651 7 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

No No wrong wrong wrong. Mark Hamill's best role was Cocknocker!

Lets be real, voice acting isnt real acting. A true actor puts voice, body language, eye/mouth into use.

Love me some Corvette summer!

1 week later
#12665 7 months ago
Quoted from Pinhead_:

Halloween seems really fun in videos, haven't seen a single one on location sadly.

Thats kinda crazy TBH if you get out. Its badass!

1 week later
#12681 6 months ago

Still a video game player. Some player skins just introduced that have been mentioned here.

Screenshot_20230927_171714_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230927_171714_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230927_171729_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230927_171729_Chrome (resized).jpg
1 week later
#12714 6 months ago
Quoted from titanpenguin:

This seems more up spookys alley. Gratuitous violence.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Should sell 10s!

2 months later
#13112 4 months ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Since the playfields/hardware are likely the same I wonder if it will be possible to play LT code on a TCM and vise versa? that would essentially give you 2 games/rule-sets for the price of one. In the past when this was done the rule-sets were essentially the same, but in this case it would be like having 2 completely different games.

No. They locked HWN/UM down, Im sure they will do the same here.

Also, is Bruce Cambell that big of star where he could not take $$$ for something that will probably not come around again?

1 month later
#13227 3 months ago

Cool, welcome to Spooky!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Discos Pinball Mod Shop

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 85.00
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
North Aurora, IL
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 185.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 14.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 17.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lermods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 29.00
Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 65.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Roostking.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-2021-game-speculation-thread?tu=Roostking and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.