harley-quinn-legends-of-the-dark-knight-1_dc-comics_silo (resized).png
tumblr_ndd9vhv4uu1qedb29o1_500.gif
IMG_1836 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1833 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1832 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1125 Great outline of different types of buyers. Posted by mrclean (2 years ago)

Post #6466 First release video Posted by Borygard (2 years ago)

Post #7251 Led strip explanations Posted by SpookyLuke (2 years ago)

Post #9021 Spooky interview on podcast. July 12, 2021 Posted by ZMeny (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinMonk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#244 3 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Ok. My wife noticed this from Charlie and bugs
Photo from their recent trip. Seems photoshopped. Beetlejuice makes reference to Night of the Living Dead in one scene...could this say “Pinballbeetlejuice”? Take my money!!!![quoted image]

Beetlejuice seems like it'd be a good fit for Spooky, but there are a lot of neglected properties that they'd do well with...

#261 3 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

I never watched anything Firefly, and I'm almost afraid to since I would apparently be disappointed too badly about how they didn't make more.

You would absolutely be disappointed, but worth the watch (the the movies, too).

#308 3 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

How about board games...like Clue.

You mean like Whodunnit?

Been done, didn't sell.

2 weeks later
#528 2 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

So let me get this right. If I’m not a fang club member I probably won’t get a LE model because they all pre sell out but I still can get in on a standard model the day of release if I get with the right distributor? Or, all models pretty much sell out to fang club members? I’m not an LE spender so if I like the theme enough I would still like to try and get a standard.

It sounds like Spooky may have learned a thing or two with the massive amount of money they left on the table by limiting R&M to only 750. I wouldn't be surprised if they went the Stern/JJP route and had 3 levels of pin. An actual limited edition, a middle one that is the same as the LE but with less bling, and a standard that is missing some toys. That way they could make the middle one (Stern Prem or JJP LE equivalent) pretty much until they got tired of making it.

#579 2 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Spooky Guy Fieri pin confirmed!
[quoted image]

So we're getting Food Truck after all, but from Spooky instead. Interesting.

#660 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

And if they could, you think they would have on RAM right now. It’s possible, maybe they ought to dig into Sterns Spike 2 code to see how they handle it (although, I’m sure even they could make it more efficient if they tried)

Can't do rick and morty retrofit without running new wiring - it needs an additional wire per flipper to go from single to dual wound coils.

And looking at Spike 2 won't tell them much about changing their implementation. The system is different than the P-ROC that Spooky has cast their lot in with. Maybe that's why they're going with Ben Heck's board next? He also keeps saying his new pinball board design is DIRT CHEAP, so maybe those cost savings will allow them to splurge on dual wound coils again.

#662 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Hahaha, yeah I understand they can’t just pop dual wounds in RAM...and wasn’t thinking about the difference between proc and spike 2. I’m fairly confident they will address the issue on the next game. They really seem to want to get it right, I’m sure they’ll smack it out of the park soon enough. Hopefully with ARMY OF DARKNESS!!!!

Stern wandered through the Whitestar and SAM wilderness for almost 20 years before they got single wound flipper coil management more under control on Spike. It's not easy. I expect Spooky has more time to iterate before they get it right, but hoping for some Ben Heck flipper coil management magic on the cheap (have you heard? His new board design is DIRT CHEAP to license).

#713 2 years ago
Quoted from Completist:

My guess is whatever the next title is - i’m in. [quoted image]

Where's America's Most Haunted?

#715 2 years ago
Quoted from Completist:

I’ve been looking for one for a long time. Never seem to find one a reasonable distance away. A couple in the marketplace for a good price but i dont wanna drive that far. And i’m too stubborn to ship a game.

Well now, that doesn't sound like much of a Spooky fan.

Pandemic road trip!

Or, just put a wanted ad in the Pinside marketplace.

#717 2 years ago
Quoted from Completist:

Haha touché. I’m good for about 8hrs each way. Though last summer i drove all the way to wisconsin for a MM. i’m not above road trips by any means!

Well then, in that case, a marketplace "wanted" ad might bring you the prospect you want.

(The Chicago, IL one in the market is only a hair under 10hrs away, if they can meet you in Ekhart and do a truck to truck or van to van move, that's almost exactly 8 hrs.)

#719 2 years ago
Quoted from Mitoska:

There is an Americans most haunted for sale in my local fb marketplace. It's In Albion Michigan.

Almost exactly 8 hours. But with a non-pinsider, I'd be more wary.

Look at all these solutions to too much money we're coming up with!

#794 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I think it would work really well, but I'm guessing the theme has zero appeal to 90% of the population. That said, "We are Sex Bob-omb One Two Three Four!" ball multiball would be cool to me.

Dunno. It has a STACKED cast that now have pretty huge fan bases individually that could drive demand. And it's a great movie. I personally would love to see a Scott Pilgrim pin.

#796 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I don't think you need to use the movie at all.

The Scott Pilgrim movie has the best chance of pulling in the attention to make it a success. The game was really cool, too, but the appeal is much more niche than even the movie, so it's a slice of a slice - reducing success upside before you start.

#810 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

tagged for interest. have not owned a spooky game yet and curious when is the next title going to be announced?

Next month.

#876 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

It's "Goonies Adventure" Spooky Pinball... aka GASP !

I'd take a Spooky Goonies over a Beetlejuice any day.
goonies_rocky_road.jpggoonies_rocky_road.jpg

LV_goonies_red_shirt-art.jpgLV_goonies_red_shirt-art.jpg
#878 2 years ago
Quoted from oneballjab:

Me too, Goonies is my number one dream theme but I thought Deeproot had the license?

No idea if they still have it. If we're lucky there was a time limit and they lost it.

#983 2 years ago

Take it for what it is worth.
[quoted image]

Well...okay.

Dolly-Parton-The-Best-Little-Whorehouse-in-Texas (resized).jpgDolly-Parton-The-Best-Little-Whorehouse-in-Texas (resized).jpg
#984 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Still, Galaxy Quest is probably the 3rd or 4th BEST Star Trek movie ever made.

It's aged better than all of them. Infinitely re-watchable.

#1079 2 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

I have nothing against profanity. I own a RZ, but the profanity by itself eliminates Rick and Morty as a mainstream title.
It was a huge theme for Spooky but I’m not sure it’s a huge theme as a whole.

Adult Swim's mainstream. They just bleep it. Uncensored once it hits HBOMAX later. R&M literally collapsed a national fast food chain's condiment distribution and had people fighting over chicken nugget sauces. THAT is the definition of mainstream.

The pin lets you omit the profanity, no?

#1081 2 years ago
Quoted from Gamemodder:

What about lost? That’s was popular
[quoted image]

The terrible last season and ending destroyed any chances of people wanting it. Very much like the last two seasons and ending of Game of Thrones sucking hard soured fans on more Game of Thrones spinoffs. It'll be interesting to see how the shows perform when they debut.

#1097 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

But how quickly? I'm doubtful the majority of themes listed here would be quick sellouts

And the general Spooky resale trajectory over time in the used aftermarket is down. Rick and Morty is the first one that seems to have broken that mold. I'm sure they learned from this and their next title choice will be building on the experience with R&M. So no Leatherface, Reanimator, etc.

#1104 2 years ago
Quoted from NatetheGreat:

I am suprised noone has ever made a Weird Al Yankovic themed pinball machine yet.[quoted image]

Licensing nightmare. Could be fun, though.

#1108 2 years ago
Quoted from Mzis:

Matrix.... so sad that none of these have been made and now the moment may have passed.

The original matrix is timeless. They're still making pins for 40-year-old and older properties, so there's still time for a Matrix pin.

But only if it's done right. Don't Led Zeppelin it.

#1119 2 years ago

Let's just skip to the spiritual successor to the Rick and Morty pin - Letterkenny.

Tons of great scenarios and callouts. Adult Spelling Bee, Softest Birthday Party, Fartbook, Skid dance, Ginger Sick Ostrich Bang, Glen's sermons, there's massive content available that's potentially pintastic.

#1176 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

We’re they all just outside that “right age” in the 80s to get sucked into the Tim Burton vortex like the rest of us? Pee-Wee, Beetlejuice, Edward Scissorhands, Batman, Nightmare Before Xmas...the combo of Burton’s visual style, weird characters & Danny Elfman’s music was magical, special, and iconic. Steve Ritchie famously hates Elfman, though - which led to the rock music in Spider-Man instead of movie score.

Speaking of which, are you going to that live Nightmare Before Christmas performance with Danny Elfman that tickets just went up for? If only I were in LA...

#1197 2 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

It's the only Halloween movie with a plot, for one thing.
I don't get the appeal of a pinball machine based on Halloween, or Friday the 13th. In both cases the antagonist doesn't talk, so save a bundle on the callout budget there, and there's only one mode "Halloween Massacre" / "Summer Camp Massacre".

It could be made fun/funny if you make the player Jason and he has to collect the weapons he'll use to kill the campers. Ineffective weapons are a failure of that "mission."

But I'm not a fan of horror, so I would take Scooby Doo or Letterkenny or Beetlejuice all day long before a straight up horror theme.

#1204 2 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Am I to assume that Spooky is due for a new release?

Announced in June. Shipping soon thereafter.

#1340 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I once heard Lyman Sheats say that over 80% of pinball games played are single player based on audits from field tests.
Lots of people genuinely don’t know how to start multiplayer, let alone more advance play features. Heck even the flashing start button trips up some people.

Yeah.

Once you've been around the general public trying to pinball it's an eye-opener. We had security cams on the pins for the route I helped with and there were a LOT of very confused first-timers over the years. I saved some of them.

This teen girl manages to get the game started, pulls the plunger, then calls for help when the action button isn't operating the flippers (which she calls "flapper things"). Her older, more experienced helper shows her the flipper buttons. She's good to go from there. But yeah, this is not an isolated case.
cant understand pinball controls.gifcant understand pinball controls.gif

#1348 2 years ago
Quoted from riggy469:

Welp guess not
[quoted image]

Back to Beetlejuice with this snap. No way this is Halloween.

#1389 2 years ago
Quoted from denoument:

Looks like teeth to me. Purple could be bottom lip.

Yeah, I'm thinking it's a closeup on one of the beaky-faced creatures or a snake.

#1455 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I will say this, it's not God damn f'ing Beetlejuice.
This isn't a misdirection. IT IS NOT BEETLEJUICE.

Ah HA!

Betelgeuse confirmed!

#1495 2 years ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

Looking at that teaser pic....maybe they picked up on my idea to create a pin based on the legend of King Arthur. A world-famous unlicensed theme. Possibly focusing on the adventures of Merlin. Halloween would be my top choice, but no one has the balls to make it. Too dark, too brutal, too bloody.

There's another Knights of the Round table-based movie coming out soon, but I seriously doubt it's involved.

#1496 2 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

What if Ben is authorized to troll the truth and is actually revealing the features of the AOD / Evil Dead game . yeah , i want Evil Dead most of all

Wouldn't be surprised if it was his pin that's after this next one. The one he's working on with CGC/Spooky.

#1582 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Also why wasn't it SHE-WOMAN?

The rheumatoid arthritis dictated the title. It just wasn't talked about a lot back then. She suffered in agonizing silence every time she raised that sword.

#1637 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Someone NEEDS to make this pin! Show is ridiculoussss, Patton Oswalt plays MODOK..!? He kicks his wife out of bed so he can F Iron Mans boot? Lollll
[quoted image]

I think it could make a fun pin, but I was not feeling the series AT ALL. The robot chicken production valued disjointed skits and vignettes over much more cohesive story threads. Also, it just wasn't laugh out loud or even smile funny. The new Rick and Morty Season 5 trailer 3 had a BUNCH of laugh out louds for me, and it was 2 minutes long. The writing on MODOK just isn't that strong. I also feel like Robot Chicken is played out. That influence didn't help.

#1674 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I’ve been working 2 jobs to support this insane hobby .We will see how long this lasts .You hit the nail on the head.I’ve been real happy playing a hour before bed it winds me down .Everine needs a release .

Everine sounds like a very southern name.

#1677 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Lmao I’m practicing for when I move south .Hopefully 11-13 years from now .Loved Chicago growing up and love Crown Point IN but I’ll need the heat year round for sure .4 months of nice weather just won’t cut it .

If you're going with Everine, it better be the deep south. Sounds very Kentucky or Alabama/Mississippi.

#1684 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

He's made lots of comments on it. But he has NOT said that it isn't the one.
That being said...I think he also trashed Goonies, Beetlejuice, and He-Man...wouldn't think he would do that if any of those were next...I do not recall him making lots of comments regarding Scooby though.
Or maybe he would...

Scooby Doo would be an enormous seller. Inter-generational appeal worldwide up the wazoo. 1,000 would not be nearly enough.

Of course this is assuming it's like Rick and Morty plus and not their contract Jetsons sad-sack effort.

#1703 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

There are some parts that are 3d printed in R&M but not many. Off the top of my head there is the base to the ship, the basketball hoop on the house, a few sculpted type posts (plumbus one I think) and I think that is all I can think of. I don't think the crystal next to the portal exit is 3D printed...pretty sure that is cast.

Upper porch on the house.

#1706 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Sounds like Scooby Doo Haunted House. Rumor was possibly three trim levels. What do you think each will be?

Pro level - Ruh-roh
Prem - Jeepers
LE equivalent - Zoinks!

#1751 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

I saw Alice Cooper with Ace Frehley in 2109 and they still rock and sound great.

Next time you head out in the time machine, hit me up. I'll ride shotgun!

#1770 2 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

It would also try to convince everyone Bible Adventures and Duck Tales would be amazing.

Dunno. Bible Adventures presented like God of War could be amazing, but if you're going that route, why not just stick with the mythology angle which is much less divisive/controversial?

#1773 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Until he parts the flippers and your ball goes bye bye.
LTG : )

Ooohhh. Zipper flippers! YESSSSSS.

Hogbog - get on it! Guaranteed it won't end up in an Elwin pin like the jjGnR/AIQ disc because Stern would never approve that BOM.

#1801 2 years ago

I didn’t understand what your reply meant till I saw the date I wrote lol. Well done.

You're far ahead of the pack. Some of the stuff I post is never understood.

Occasionally even by me.

#1804 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Legit...
[quoted image]

He said babies, not little people. And I heard about those dwarves. They were a pain in the ass. Deserved everything they got. Their concubines are only upset because their meal ticket is dead.

#1888 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Who's this guy ?
[quoted image]

Edgar.

#1914 2 years ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

Kaneda now says Freddy Nightmare on Elm street...

Whelp, they couldn't do any worse than the Gottleib one...

But it wouldn't move the needle for me.

#1919 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

They may have put the Boo in pinball. But they sure put the fun and anticipation in this thread !

frankenfurter anticipation.giffrankenfurter anticipation.gif
#1986 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Nightmare would be a significantly better theme than Halloween.

Mmm...I just don't see a pin where the main character is a pedophile serial killer as being on the sales level of a Rick and Morty, which, let's be honest, is the new bar Spooky has set.

#1989 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

There's already been a pin of the theme that sold 2800, and that game is not great. While the movies are basically over...at least in the old style, it's still a very popular brand. If you look at it from your perspective, there shouldn't be anything created ever since 90% of themes have an antagonist that does morally wrong things.
Any theme would have to REALLY suck and REALLY have bad gameplay to not sell 1000 in the current pinball craze.

It sold 2,800 when Addams was selling 20,000 and it was not uncommon to have pins selling more than 7,500 each. That's a flop. Gottlieb's Freddy was super-crappy, but I just don't think it's a Rick and Morty-level theme sales-wise.

#1993 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Actually...the original script did indeed have him as a pedophile, they just dropped any direct statements of the sort due to current events at the time.

Yeah, the remake made it explicit, but it was always implied he was a pedophile.

#2001 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Evil Dead would have been better. I think it’s Scooby Doo...Evil Dead would have been better that too.

Ben said it's not Scooby Doo, but he's not above misdirection, so...maybe?

Scooby Doo would sell > Rick and Morty numbers with ease. It has multi-generational appeal from never being off the air since the 1960s, no bad language, implied drug humor for comedy, great characters with well-established personalities, and a MOUNTAIN of video assets. Easily the broadest appeal of all the titles floated in this thread. The perfect pin theme if you want sales.

#2064 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Billygrippo just sent me THIS!.......
NEXT SPOOKY GAME CONFIRMED
[quoted image]

Nah. If you're skinning Elvira, Scooby Doo is the natural fit.

scooby doo 2 (resized).pngscooby doo 2 (resized).png
scooby doo 1 (resized).pngscooby doo 1 (resized).png

#2088 2 years ago

Makes me want it even more!!

Crazy part is, if Stern hasn't thought of it already and Spooky really isn't doing SD next, reskinning Elvira as Scooby Doo is an easy fit and would sell way better than Elvira. The work is already mostly done. Nordman's design is solid and sir_tankalot delivered a great game, as usual. Throw on 3 art packages, reskin the code and viola! new, very in-demand game.

Could be one of Stern's top sellers.

#2100 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

[quoted image]

Scrappy Doo? Say it ain't so, Ben! Scrappy and Scooby Dum are the Jar Jar of the Scooby Doo universe.

Scooby Doo. Scooby Doo. Scooby Doo. Scooby Doo. Scooby Doo. Scooby Doo. Scooby Doo.

It's a dead smexy moneymaker.

#2102 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I feel like a whole lot of people are going to be let down.

If that's the case, announce it, run it for 6 months, then release Scooby Doo to pay for the mistake in like an hour.

#2131 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Just another [REDACTED] day at Spooky!
[quoted image]

So the next Spooky is using your Pinotaur?

pinotaur_board (resized).jpgpinotaur_board (resized).jpg
#2206 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

HILTON!!
THE NEXT SPOOKY GAME IS ... HILTON!
Boom
rd

paris_hilton_wisdom.gifparis_hilton_wisdom.gif
#2253 2 years ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

Don't get them wet multiball... one ball goes in the fountain and 5 pop out

Microwave multiball.

#2254 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I watched this with my niece last night on my greatest Goodwill find ever - a working Laserdisc player!
[quoted image]

If it was a LaserActive, you'd really have a Goodwill story for the ages.

#2259 2 years ago
Quoted from Chet_Hardbody:

i heard from my sources in the wisconsin underground it's a dark city pin

With Kiefer Sutherland doing his Peter Lorre-inspired weird callouts?

#2263 2 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

I thought you were going to go down the Videodisc path but yours would be more impressive for sure.
[quoted image]

Only because I became a LaserActive snob during that pre-DVD era. Have the Megadrive module, but my eternal regret is not getting the PC-Engine module for it.

#2285 2 years ago

This movie is amazing. I am a Millenial, and this movie is fantastic as a comedy. I challenge anyone to sit through the soundtrack off of youtube for 20 minutes.

Just because you can make electronic sound effects does not mean you should.

The story of how Logan's Run was made and how it changed radically in stop and start production is pretty interesting.

#2411 2 years ago
Quoted from MajorDrainer:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I've imagined the pin for years. I would want to see the wizard mode as a Warriors/Dreamscape crossover that starts with Luther rolling up and doing the "come out and play-ay" thing at the end of Warriors which becomes hypnotic until the setting morphs into Dreamscape where you have to battle Luther/Tommy as he morphs repeatedly as you advance the mode and defeat his various fantastical forms while collecting insane weapons you'll need to ultimately finish the job. The fantasy setting of Dreamscape would be unexpected and would provide fertile soil for an unprecedented wizard mode.

#2472 2 years ago

My guess is Happy Days because this thread jumped the shark to listing every movie/show anyone has ever seen.

Can't mention Happy Days without its popular spinoffs - Mork and Mindy/Laverne and Shirley

#2478 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

If we can’t have Scooby-Doo and if we aren’t good enough for Halloween, only one theme is left ...
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Three Stooges would be eye-opening until Moe shut that down.

stooges_eye-poke.gifstooges_eye-poke.gif

#2483 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

They should do a pin around Action Park...the flipper buttons have nails sticking out of them and shoots balls at you so it is just like being there.

It's not like being there unless the balls are also on fire.

#2493 2 years ago
Quoted from mkk629:

don’t forget Joanie Loves Chachi . . .

There were like 7 spinoffs from Happy Days, but I only noted the two that were a success.

#2503 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Happy Days was a spin off of an episode from Love, An American Style.

"An" American Style?

I had no idea because I distinctly remember really hating that show the few times I saw it as a kid. A VERY 70s show.

#2596 2 years ago
Quoted from Chet_Hardbody:

I cracked it. It's mona lisa themed.
[quoted image]

When I did it at different angles, Google thought it was probably a stain.

#2606 2 years ago
Quoted from WODKA:

What about Dragons Lair? Someone guessed the creator of the homebrew dissapeared because some manufacturer picked him up.

He came back about 4 months ago and explained that he finished the table as a virtual pinball machine and sold the one-off he made here on pinside.

#2618 2 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

one theme i heard was A-maze-ING

Seems like a tough theme for a pin, but...okay.

a-maze-ing (resized).jpga-maze-ing (resized).jpg
#2694 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Fifth Element is a more popular movie than many realize.

Fifth Element is infinitely rewatchable.

Ruby Rhod callouts? It would be hilarious, and Chris Tucker is probably cheap these days.

#2738 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Here's "John McClain" as seen in COD Warzone.
It's almost like they had to go out of their way to NOT make it look like Bruce.
[quoted image]

A Die Hard pin could be great.

#2933 2 years ago

175 posts since the other day and I was SURE that meant the new pin was revealed.

Nope.

#2939 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Secret messages in the dots of the super zoomed in artwork?
"When you stare into the abyss.... It begins to stare back"

You mean like the weird boy's face in the center of Indy's hatband?

indy-hat (resized).jpgindy-hat (resized).jpg
#2956 2 years ago

New He Man Announced

Honestly, I was expecting to hate it, but it's definitely received an upgrade from the original series. Wouldn't be mad at a He Man pin based on this.

#3013 2 years ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

I am sorry to all the Scooby lovers out there, but what the heck? It's not that great at all. I watched scooby doo when I was a kid because we had three channels and nothing else was on. It's ok... but nothing more. As a pin? Oh no. No.

People would be lining up to play or buy a scooby doo pin. Tons of great art, callouts, and scenario material (with guest stars!) to choose from.

#3034 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Some pin themes should be redone... I'd vote for;
Back To The Future
Nightmare on Elm Street
Super Mario Bros.
Led Zeppelin
The Beatles

BTTF - absolutely

Nightmare on Elm Street has good potential, but Gottlieb just threw it away. SUCH a boring pin.

Nintendo seems ripe for any number of great pins or a Nintendo World pin incorporating a number of properties. But this is true of a lot of video game properties, not just Nintendo. Licensing must be hard for them. It's really the only explanation I can come up with for why we don't have more.

Led Zeppelin...what a waste of that IP.

The Beatles really deserve a proper pin, but it will probably never happen now.

#3080 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I think the point has been made. Ya'll want Spooky Evil Dead and Scooby-Doo.
Neither of which are the next game.

telling_me_theres_a_chance_alien (resized).jpgtelling_me_theres_a_chance_alien (resized).jpg
#3103 2 years ago
Quoted from theadicts77:

Not sure what you're talking about, RFM is an absolutely outstanding pin.

Meh. Finished it the first week I had it. Very repetitive game couldn't wait to get rid of. Low resale values pretty much reflect Pin2k accurately.

#3140 2 years ago
Quoted from pballinhd:

[quoted image]

Would SO buy a Pee Wee's Big Adventure pin.
Pee-wee mockup.pngPee-wee mockup.png

#3155 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

A Taco Bell pin would be fun and look good next to their Dominos pin
How many ways can you combo the same seven ingredients into different meals? Fourth meal multiball. Live mas extra ball. A swinging bell toy like ACDC. Game writes itself. (Although I have no idea what you do with the display)

Playfield's guaranteed to have a toilet.

#3162 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Quesarito is what I miss. It was a burrito but with a quesadilla as the wrap. It was such a dumb thing, but my god it was amazing at 2am.
Taco Bell says you can still order them if you use the app but not off the drive thru menu which makes zero fucking sense. I don't need to install whatever bullshit they have to get my drunk food as long as the chalupa is on the menu.

Going way back, but I keep hoping they bring back the Bellbeefer, although it's probably not the same now that their "beef" is stretched to oblivion and that was just beef/sauce/bun so it would be very obvious if you were eating mostly beef extenders now.

#3165 2 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

I’ve said this a few times over the last few years. Taco Bell would be so easy to do a pin about. I’d even make sure there is a Mexican Pizza mode. My wife was (and still is) pissed when they took that off the menu.

taco-bell-pin (resized).pngtaco-bell-pin (resized).png
#3172 2 years ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

Can somebody read some passages from the Necronomicon Ex-Mortis to conjure a spookey release announcement and vanquish all taco bell talk?

Or just turn on the Necronomicon episode of Flipping Vegas.

nfv (resized).jpgnfv (resized).jpg
#3232 2 years ago
Quoted from curban:

A Twisted Metal pinball could be pretty cool with Sweet Tooth.
[quoted image]

I would totally buy a twisted metal black pin. Lots of intersecting storylines for theme and mode possibilities.

#3240 2 years ago
Quoted from Zambonilli:

Ben goes maximum troll and tells us it's Prince.

Pancake multiball, superbowl solo mode, and heel hoops hurryups? Sign me up.

#3257 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

when you would play TM1 and get the full story behind each character and after you beat the game, there is a lot of story/lore in it. TM is one of the top psx games I love!

Yeah, I finished the game as every character in Twisted Metal Black specifically because of the intertwined storylines for each character. Some GREAT memories of that game. It actually delayed the release of a game we were working on at the time because the whole office was addicted to it. SSX Tricky and Goldeneye are the only other two that did that.

#3299 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Monday is not the 30th

Coincidentally, the name of Spooky's new horror pin.

#3334 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Rick and Morty is complete except for like 3 or 4 games we are waiting for on some parts for!
Hold tight fellas lots of news incoming in the near future!

"Fellas"? Ah-HA! Another Scooby Doo clue.

scooby doo 2.pngscooby doo 2.png
#3341 2 years ago

PLUS: About time Spooky settled on 3 set editions without the a'la carte nonsense that was just too logistically demanding.

PLUS: Thermal switches on the power supply fans moving forward is a major positive. One request (again) though - PLEASE have just two molex connectors (one for front and one for back of the power supply) so it can be disconnected easily. The current way of having to blindly unscrew stuff in the back is extremely irritating and prone to mistakes.

UNCERTAIN: Ben Heck board is likely a PLUS, but it would be interesting to know what the resolution is on the duty cycle for the coils. Can this new board match what Stern does with their machine gun microsecond duty cycles that the current P-Roc3 can't seem to match? Time will tell, but I hope so. Will go a long way toward Spooky getting coil temps better under control.

MINUS: Sticking with the thinner playfields and new shorter bushings that requires. Boo. Why? Standard parts are better.

#3357 2 years ago

Is Alice Cooper worth picking up? I don’t like buying a game without playing it first. My wife loves AC and monster movies. I wish they would announce already what the next pin is. Hate to miss out on an AC if it’s worth it.

I enjoyed it, but some of the shots feel janky and it has the issue where sometimes the ball misses triggering a switch (lane(s) too wide?). So if you replaced those ones with the magnetic switches so that frustration wasn't there, it's a fun game.

#3358 2 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

Not sure what you mean by RGP but my comment was in regards to being in the hobby longer than ones Pinside ‘age.’
I.E. I’m only one in Pinside years but I started playing pinball in 1976 … I was 8. And owned my first machine when I was in high school.

He means rec.games.pinball group was the (unmoderated, sometimes explosive) hang pre-Pinside.

#3370 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

The coil pulse resolution is still 1KHz. I have improved the flipper feel with an option I call "Beast Hold" which is a complementary square wave pulse of both the high and low windings. We have tested this to appx 45 lbs of hold force so this is a great improvement over R&M.

The hold result is great, but the thing I'm concerned with is heat. It seems like pulsing the high and low will increase the residual heat, especially for trap players.

Quoted from benheck:

What I image Stern does (based on their schematics) is simply run their solenoid node board microcontroller at a higher SPI poll frequency. This is an advantage of a multi-modal system (where you have more MCU's that do less stuff each) but their Node Boards are a complete rip-off and this is a good time to have as FEW microcontrollers in a product as possible We have.... Exactly 1 and it's super cheap.

You can't argue with success, though, and Stern's Spike sub-1ms duty cycle machine gunning in holds is EXTREMELY effective at keeping coil heat in check. Your bottom limit of 1ms (same as Proc3, I think?) is not great news. You've let me down, Ben. I'm sad.

Quoted from benheck:

Pinotaur (and BTW it's a Parker Dillmann-Ben Heck joint not just me) also has current sensing for MOSFETs and servo drivers. The system can detect and troubleshoot FET faults and there's a safety relay if something goes wrong. There's also a dual bank bootloader so if you need to update firmware and something goes wrong you can revert back a version by holding a button combo on boot - making it BRICK PROOF.

Love all of this. Will it allow you to troubleshoot the exact bulb socket that has a short or is out, like P2k did 20 years ago but no one seems interested in doing now?

Quoted from benheck:

Most importantly to the end user this board is very cost effective

I prefer when you proclaim how cheap it is. "Cost effective" is so...corporate.

Quoted from benheck:

The money saved is being put towards other improvements which I won't list as I'm not sure if Charlie has announced them yet.

Looking forward to more features being revealed. Hopefully you revisit the duty cycle resolution of the new board. The answer for real-world coil hold heat management is out there now (from Stern, of all companies), and 1ms minimum resolution isn't going to cut it.

#3383 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

But for now....

telling_me_theres_a_chance_alien.jpgtelling_me_theres_a_chance_alien.jpg
#3384 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

please translate this to mortal language...
I am interested.

PWM = Pulse Width Modulation - it's controlling the length of the power pulses to the coils (in this case). 1Khz frequency is is 1ms, which is the smallest pulse Ben's new board can deliver and that limitation is essentially the same as the Proc3 Spooky is using now. Stern Spike is doing microsecond pulses (1000 microseconds = 1 millisecond) that are fractions of 1ms so they have much finer control over the length of the pulses, and by extension, residual heat building in the coils when held. The Stern/Spike results achieved with this finer microsecond PWM granularity are impressive, to say the least. Blew me away when I left a coil held for a half hour and it only went up a degree or so. On SAM or Whitestar that would have likely blown a transistor and maybe torched the coil.

Ben can smack me if I'm wrong, but I believe he's saying that he's exploring using external timers to turn on and off the power because maybe that timing circuit offers finer granularity and it would be a simulated way to get to pulses below 1ms with his existing Pinotaur board without changing it.

#3391 2 years ago
Quoted from gstellenberg:

Do I also get to smack you if you're wrong about our boards?

Not if you're talking about LED boards when the conversation is about coil drivers. "Yeah, you're right" is fine.

Hopefully you're working on a next-gen board already that has microsecond granularity for the coil control. Something like the diverter coil on GnR that gets over 200F from all the holding it does shows there's a need for this (even though JJP isn't using your system, just an example).

#3395 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Hope you enjoy the game itself. The artwork is SIIIICK!

Well, I would love to agree, but I seem to be at a disadvantage at present. Hopefully that changes soon. Juneteenth being Federally recognized didn't even take this long!

#3397 2 years ago

I don't know the details around that feature or how it was designed, but engineering should always be a conversation between machine designers and the component designers or by working around the various constraints of any part that is locked in. Things that aren't working well can usually be improved by changing any one of many variables. I hear you; you're choosing to focus on the PWM rate, and you're right that that's a solution. It's not the only solution, and there are always tradeoffs, many of which make bigger business impacts... like using dual wound coils versus managing another part number. Pros and cons on both sides.
- Gerry
https://www.multimorphic.com

But dual wound isn't the end-all solution to heat. If it were, JJP wouldn't have heat issues, too. Stern has shown the way, and it can apply to dual wound, too. Finer grain control of the coil circuit power (single or dual wound) is the future.

But thank you for confirming that 1Khz is the floor for P-Roc3 coil control currently. I'm never sure if there's an undocumented feature that can offer additional control.

#3399 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Boo! That took 155 years

This already feels like 200.

Release the Kraken, Spooky!

#3403 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Probably still faster than Deeproot...

Ice-Cold-FreezeOtto (resized).jpgIce-Cold-FreezeOtto (resized).jpg
#3405 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

In the event it’s Evil Dead trilogy that would also make sense with the stacked and loaded play fields...
Main Playfield - Evil Dead
Additional mini playfield - Evil Dead 2
Additional mini playfield - Army of Darkness

Doing a real full-scale lower Krull-style playfield would be FANTASTIC. Maybe that's the reason for the new playfield sliders.

#3413 2 years ago

I'll admit to being confused. I didn't say dual wound coils were the end all solution. I said I prefer dual wound coils, but there are tradeoffs. I also don't understand why you think single-wound coils coupled with higher frequency drive logic are clearly better. Your data shows otherwise and suggests there are some machine-level things at play here, not just drive frequencies, and that's my entire point. There are plenty examples of Stern games and P-ROC games without heat issues, and there are lots of mechs in many machines that would work better if they were designed differently and especially if certain operating parameters were considered when selecting the coils and such. It's not as black and white as you want to make it, but it's easy to point fingers at whatever you want to blame as the root cause.
Ok, feel free to tell me I'm wrong again, and we'll leave it at that.
- Gerry
Pic from https://pinmonk.com/products/tibetan-breeze-2-flipper-coil-cooling-kit
[quoted image]

You're confusing flip with hold. I'm talking about HOLD exclusively here. For trap players, it's a major source of heat. On Stern machines, the heat comes almost exclusively from the flip, not the hold, and it's damned impressive. It appears that the microsecond duty cycle is responsible for the hold temp improvement because SAM and Whitestar did not have this great result.

Hold any PRoc3 flipper up for a half hour with a Stern Spike machine next to it doing the same, ideally with the same or similar coils. There will be a large temp difference between them at the end of the half hour because Stern's micropulses manage heat amazingly when the flipper is held and that results in a stable temp over time, not rising much at all. Proc3 cannot compete in hold temp management in my experience, and I believe it's due to the difference in duty cycle granularity. I'll do this test next time I have a PRoc3 around and post the results if you don't believe me (but I know you must).

#3415 2 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Looking at my screen shot of Stern flipper current above, it doesn't look like there any pulsing going on. And with something as massive as a coil, uS pulses won't make any difference thermally - it's the duty cycle. And in this case, it appears to 100%.

You sure microsecond long pulses machine gunned won't make any difference? Because it seems to. The line between Spike and all Stern systems before it is night and day for hold temps and the duty cycle is the only thing I can see to account for it. What's the bandwidth of the Hantek scope you used?

#3426 2 years ago

I said I'd leave it at that, but then you changed the argument! You're actually correct about the microsecond pulses (sorry mbwalker) delivering a better heat response than millisecond pulses at the exact same duty cycle. It's because the field collapses less before it's reactivated, essentially requiring less effort to hold the flipper up than if the coil turned off for longer. Your challenge and conclusion above is for single wound coils, and you're right. Both will work, but longer pulses (same duty cycle) will generate more heat, up to a point. I didn't disagree with any of that.
What I disagree with (aside from your blanket and incorrect claims about platform limitations) is that a single wound coil with microsecond pulses will deliver a cooler heat profile than a dual wound using a hold coil. All else being equal (same mechanicals, same airflow/ventilation, same flip times, etc), the dual wound will perform better. I'll happily accept your challenge. Let's do it at a show early next year.
- Gerry

I'm fully vaccinated but I will not be at any shows until these variants are sussed out. The India/delta variant took full protection of the Pfizer vaccine from 93% protection down to 88% according to recent studies. That effectiveness will fall further while more low-information people are sheltering the disease and percolating even more virulent variants, so large gatherings are unsafe for the foreseeable future, even for the vaccinated. My view is I only have ONE chance not to get it and potentially infect my family because COVID-19 and its long term damage is a one-way street, so I will not take any chance as long as fully vaccinated protection is sub-90s%.

This demo sounds fun, though, and I've tested both dual and single wound coils enough to know that Spike's micro pulses for the hold destroy the hold line heat management performance of every dual wound over time I've tested. But sure, a head to head demonstration is MADE for a show, so hopefully sometime next year it will be safe enough to do it! I'm totally down for it.

#3470 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Having played WPC games extensively for 29 years, I'd love to see the methodology and data to back this up. I cannot recall the last time a dual-wound flipper collapsed on me... meanwhile the UPF on Mandalorian buckled a couple times under harsh rebounds last time I played. Completely and utterly disagree with your conclusions here.

I'm not talking about collapse. I'm talking about residual HEAT. Only HEAT buildup over time. Collapse is a completely different issue.

#3501 2 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

If you read back (I could be wrong), I believe he ruled out Evil Dead. I don't think he specifically ruled out AoD. Its all how you look at it. Trying to keep my hopes alive!

He also had very specific ideas of what would be in an AoD pin, so...

#3505 2 years ago

First Scooby Doo, and now THIS?!

Every party has a pooper that's why we invited you - party pooper!
bubble-fart-bubble-blower.gifbubble-fart-bubble-blower.gif

#3507 2 years ago
Quoted from PinheadEDM:

This is the new release. Freddy Krueger, A Nightmare on Elm Street. Imagine the mechs… and the atmosphere…
[quoted image]

I just don't see it having the wide appeal of a Rick and Morty. And, like it or not, that's the bar Spooky has set. With their new 3 tier pin models now, they seem confident they can sell more than R&M, so it has to be a wider audience than Nightmare on Elm Street. The Gottlieb one (a verrry boring game design) was a relative dud, selling 1/4 to 1/2 the numbers other B/W pins were selling at the time.

Did Ben pooh pooh Big Trouble in Little China? A Beetlejuice, BttiLC, Scooby Doo, Gremlins, Nightmare Before Christmas or something like that is the level they will be shooting for in the broad appeal department, IMO.

#3563 2 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

someone please make this interesting by betting each other cash

I'd put some dong on it.

For the record, all bets everywhere should be dong. It's just funny.

#3663 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Would like to clarify, just like the "Pin Heck" board (a name I did not choose BTW) this board "Pinotaur" is a collaboration between myself (firmware) and Parker Dillmann (PCB, system design and manufacture)
The goodie bag will include spare serial RGB modules so if there is a failure user can easily unplug it and slap new one in.

Sticking it on the playfield isn't a bad idea due to vibration issues building over time? Spike's node boards were problematic until Stern adjusted the diode that kept breaking loose (the most common problem).

#3784 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

So what exactly is the theory on this ? Is it 3 drops to the same subway that all lead to a single elevator inlane mech ? If so is it possible these are hidden shots and there’s another P/F above this area maybe something like IJ or LotR has ? Bear with me I’m putting the effort in to learn the pinball language lmao
[quoted image]

Maybe something like a 2 level version of the 3 level time expander from Dr Who? Level 1 - 2 saucer locks, level 2 - 5 targets, level 3 - 3 flip-in targets and path to subway. Love that mech. Too bad it was never used again...

#3838 2 years ago
Quoted from jester523:

Rick and Morty sold out in 4 hours. I think it really depends on the theme how fast it will sell, but it seems people are frothing at the mouth for this title almost regardless of theme. But who knows. Anyone know the number of units they are selling?
I'm in for one, lol.

Sounds like only the CE is limited. The other two tiers may be as many as demand dictates, which is the smart way for Spooky.

#3977 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Never thought I’d see sexual tension in a pinball thread. But this thread is like a Year 10 blue light disco.

blue-balls.gifblue-balls.gif
#3985 2 years ago
Quoted from Optimumsam:

So am I right to say that nobody has an idea of when the reveal is?

Ben Heck knows, but the bastart is holding out on us.

Won't even let us buy an "O" (or "E", for the die hards).
wheel_of_spooky_sml (resized).jpgwheel_of_spooky_sml (resized).jpg

#4018 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

It’s definitely an adult theme. So no Scooby Doo.

So back to Dolly and theme homophones. Well played, Spooky. Well played.

Dolly-Parton-The-Best-Little-Whorehouse-in-Texas.jpgDolly-Parton-The-Best-Little-Whorehouse-in-Texas.jpg
#4046 2 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

Personally I am rooting for Bible Adventures, but only God knows how hard that license would be to get.

Dead simple, because The Lord giveth...

...but holding on to the license will be a challenge because The Lord taketh away is in the mix, too.

#4137 2 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

Controversial opinion, but I'd prefer if Spooky designers weren't murdered at a cursed campsite

They're mostly not teenagers anymore, so it's unlikely.

#4138 2 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

I have no idea how you would even do callouts for either of those themes? Other than Jamie Lee Curtis, screaming, I'm drawing a blank.
Camp, Crystal lake could make for an interesting playfield design.

Movie theatre involved audience member experience.

"Oh...don't go in there"

"Aw, HELL no."

"Didn't I say don't go in there?"

"This freaky MFer about has me on my last nerve."

"Watch this part....OHHHH!"

#4143 2 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

No more room and no more money. Only title that would make me sell something is Predator.

I don't think we're getting a Michael Jackson pin anytime soon, so you're safe.

#4147 2 years ago

So, they kind of fudged by having direct print be optional on collector's editions. Practically speaking, that makes 4 SKUs.

Also, it doesn't bug me, but by making the CE numbers potentially only limited by the total number of machines spooky will build for this title (and therefore not really a super-LE), people that buy for rarity might not be happy as most of the pins built could be CEs. Stern's time-tested model of a true LE is better, IMO.

#4153 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

I figured this was coming lol!

I'm just glad it was me. What do I win?

Quoted from SpookyLuke:

So here's some clarity on the direct print still being the one and only option for collectors and blood suckers.
1. We wanted to keep the collectors edition really reasonable for you guys.
2. Not everybody wants a direct print cabinet but we still wanted them to be able to get 100% of the bells and whistles.
3. We wanted bloodsucker customers who really like the direct print cabinet be able to get it and not just lock it into collectors only.
4. As before Morgan will ask at the time the game is built if the direct print option is desired.

Oh, so 5 skus:

Standard
Bloodsucker
Bloodsucker w/direct print
Collector's Edition
Collector's Edition w/direct print

Still better than the circus of options before, but why put yourselves through that? On this one you're making unlimited CEs (well, limited only by the total number of units), so just offer the direct print on the CEs and call it good. Look how sexy the inventory management is on this list of SKUs:

Standard
Bloodsucker
Collector's Edition w/direct print

Props to you all for working to make your customers happy, but at some point it's an impediment to your actual work flow. Pamper yourselves a little bit. Also, why limit the total pool of pins? Limit the CEs and make the standards and bloodsuckers until demand drops off. That way you don't Rick and Morty yourselves again and leave millions on the table from unmet demand by shooting too low with the stated limit.

Very interested to check out your new topper, too.

#4162 2 years ago
Quoted from jester523:

Yeah, I dont care how many CEs they make. Isn't it better for the consumer to get exactly what they want then to have artificially imposed rarity to charge more? Seems silly to root for that as a consumer.

I'd rather have Spooky spend that time doing more QA on each machine. They have limited time per machine, and 5 SKUs vs 3 for no real benefit just needlessly complicates the sales and supply flow. Spend the time saved on the important stuff.

If someone wants a direct print cab (and why wouldn't they, they're awesome - despite being awesomely chippable), they'll come up with the CE money. It's not that big of a jump.

#4171 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I'm back! What did I miss?
Oh and it's still not Beetlejuice.

justin-timberlake-is-not-happy.gifjustin-timberlake-is-not-happy.gif
#4175 2 years ago
Quoted from dri:

Not sure I'm ready for this! Didn't you all see the hint in Charlie's hockey jersey?
[quoted image]

If only. They'd sell a ton of Resident Evil, and there's a mountain of content to work with.

#4188 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I can't believe no one commented on the 'veiny paint' on the CE. They talked like we should know what that means, which makes me think that in that cabinet photo, the purple/black part IS part of the armor and that is the paintjob they are referring to. I still can't figure out why it looks so familiar...

Might be like the cabinet on the Batman 66 SLE that had a raised feel to portions of it.

#4191 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I think what you aren't taking into account is that those cabs have to go out to be made. I would think what they should do is at time of order, you state if you want that option or not, so they can get them all out to get made now, rather than waiting until yours is on the line.

It's all just more management and time for various parts of Spooky. And I'm pretty sure they do just in time inventory for things like cabs, so it's a continuous thing. It all takes time.

#4208 2 years ago

That resident evil post got me thinking...

resident_evil_pin_sml (resized).pngresident_evil_pin_sml (resized).png
#4222 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Believe it's like WOZECLE ? I've never owned a Spooky, but my best guess/ comparison

Yes. The only bad part of direct print cabs is if they take a hit on the corner seams, they can chip pretty good. I never had it happen, but I've seen it on a number of ECLE WoZ machines that weren't as well cared for when moving. Other than that direct print with clear is fantastic.

#4223 2 years ago
Quoted from ctl723:

Can someone help me better understand the butter cabinet? I get that it's direct + clear and is super glossy. How fragile is the coating? Are chipping/scratches in it common from either shipping or normal use?
I would say I'm currently leaning towards the standard decals, but would that be a mistake on a BS or CE? Any rough #s on percentage butter cabs on R+M?

If you can swing it financially, the butter cab is the way to go. Always. The only way I would say no is maybe for a route where it's moved around a lot.

#4230 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I agree because if it’s an animated series like SD they’ll have a lot more content to pick from than a single movie.

Scooby Doo, Where are You? has 41 episodes, so exactly as many as Rick and Morty through season 4.

#4272 2 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

That cabinet theme really just wants sides that are dark in texture, with a big umbrella on there! . imho.

I put the umbrella on the coin door area, but maybe too subtle.

#4374 2 years ago

Hearing late whispers of a dark horse theme that would seriously test the "spooky will sell out of any title" argument...
[quoted image]
Ultimate Halloween serve from a company that loves to troll the fanbase???
Note that Ben HAS NOT shot this one down.

I heard that Spooky is really pushing the limits with this one, going for the extreme shock value when people find out Trudeau designed it.

#4386 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

I would've guessed Popadiuk, but I didn't see enough magnet locations under the playfield.

JPop only makes boxes of lights disguised as pins now.

#4389 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

Question about direct printing:
It sounds like a disadvantage of a direct print cabinet is that it can chip and can't be repaired (easily), while vinyl can simply be replaced. But if a direct print cabinet does get damaged with a scratch or chip and you really wanted to cover up the damage, is there any reason why a vinyl decal couldn't be applied over the direct print?

The chips I've seen on WoZ ECLEs that were routed were all pretty small. Maybe 5-7mm max. Touchup paint would probably be enough and not add thickness like a vinyl patch. I would take the risk again, though because direct print cabs with the clear look fantastic. Unless you're a careless moron it's unlikely to be chipped during home use.

#4398 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Is the direct print option the same thing as their butter cab? Direct print with some buttery clear coat? Its it worth the $1k upgrade?

Yes, and yes.

#4428 2 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Hoping for NOES or F13.

Sounding an awful lot like Halloween, especially with the Rob Zombie connection that makes sense. For me, a Halloween pin is a hype level about as close to zero as you can get, but I'm sure it will make horror fans who were waiting for it happy.

Scooby Doo would be great, but Ben went and messed that all up by opening the box, locking in dead Scooby pin dreams.

#4456 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

The thought experiment you reference isn't valid as that particular dog is dead either way since it's NOT THE THEME.

Oh, sorry, wrong Ben Heck. Mixed up my thought experiment Hecks.

#4460 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Kinda wish they came up with a different CE name, like they did with Bloodsuckers..I mean..Bloodsuckers should be the top level after all. So...Corpse Edition?...maybe Baller Edition and it comes with a gold plated truck nut keyring.

Immortal Edition
Immoral Edition
Necroblaster
Eternal Edition
Crypt Chamber Edition
Spirit Edition
Ephemeral Edition
Everlasting Edition
Phantasmic Edition

#4463 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

This.
But I still think it should come with gold plated truck nut keyrings.

Spooky is free to use any or all of those. Maybe make it like the Batman '66 signed cards and each top tier pin has a different one.

#4490 2 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

Literally, everyone likes boobs

Moe was pretty intolerant, but he was surrounded by them all day long.

stooges_eye-poke.gifstooges_eye-poke.gif
#5432 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Exactly! We will be doing full reveal videos before we set a sale time! Everybody is safe to mow grass lol .

Mowing grass in a heat wave in the west is a no-no. A neighbor of someone I know started a fire doing that last week which almost burned my friend's house down and 6 others. There's warnings all over the place here out west not to mow now.

#5535 2 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

This is what I was thinking. Only fairly generic games could just have the artwork swapped to become a completely different theme. Lots of great games have theme specific mechs. I know there's a big crusade against mechs going on on pinside lately, but that's what sets a game apart from the pack and ties the game into the theme in a lot of cases. You couldn't just swap the art on MM and change it into an Avengers game.

Medieval Madness/Attack from Mars. Kissin' cousins.

#5555 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

So what was popular when Charlie was young? Are we talking the days of silent films?

Haha. One of the young kids of a friend of mine asked her if they had forks when she was their age. Kid perspective is sometimes hilarious.

#6159 2 years ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

I think the backglass is great art. But... If I could change one thing, it would be the white Halloween letters. I would prefer red or maybe blood on the letters. I think it would keep the game a little darker in line with the theme.
Any of you pro Photoshop guys able to do that, see how it looks?

Here you go, but I think the white letters are pretty iconic for the title. Alternate color treatments aren't as good.
halloween (resized).pnghalloween (resized).pnghalloween1 (resized).pnghalloween1 (resized).pnghalloween2 (resized).pnghalloween2 (resized).pnghalloween4 (resized).pnghalloween4 (resized).pnghalloween3 (resized).pnghalloween3 (resized).pnghalloween5 (resized).pnghalloween5 (resized).png

#6161 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

OG white is best, followed by outlined black.

Black was my favorite of the quick treatments I did, too.

#6172 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Could you read the text from 50 yards if the character was not recognizable to you? No.
That’s bad graphic design. End of story.

Yeah, legibility at a distance is the issue.

#6187 2 years ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

Yes, because people are 50 yards away from a pin.... happens all the time?

I didn't say 50 yards. But on LOCATION, it should "pop" from across the bar or lounge or lobby or whatever. That's good graphic design.

#6189 2 years ago

I have Parkinson’s, heart issues,

Sorry to hear that. Look into near-infrared light. 670nm wavelength LEDs. You can DIY a cap for less than $100 that may slow or stop your symptom progression. Lots of very interesting studies over the last decade. You can also juice the effect by adding 810nm LED lights, too.

#6200 2 years ago
Quoted from Jack8765:

Because Spooky can do better.

Plus, Spooky needs to do penance for contract dreck like Domino's and especially Jetsons. Scooby Doo with a good BoM would cleanse those sins.

#6222 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Red text is bad ass. But not the good kind of bad ass. It's a gross, cellulite infused mess, with puss boils and poop dribbling out.

Did someone call for Puss?

PussInBootsTransparent (resized).pngPussInBootsTransparent (resized).png
#6321 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

If anything, the music is just great. Check out the Roxy version - the songs are a bit faster paced & energetic…dare I say, better for pinball?

Wow, really interesting to listen to those Roxy versions. In almost every case where the stage diverges from the movie version the movie version is better because they had time to polish it more.

Case in point: When Columbia and Magenta are spying on Janet when she confesses she's only kissed before and is therefore a virgin (on Touch-a, Touch-a, Touch me), in the stage version they both say "you mean she only kissed?!!" in a really hammy way, essentially repeating what she just said. In the movie, Columbia says "you mean she..." and trails off and Magenta answers the implied question with a judgy "uh, huh" and sideeye. SO much better.

#6322 2 years ago
Quoted from xian222:

How are Spooky's LCDs? I could see washed out blacks detracting from the ambiance of Halloween theme. LCD quality was one of my biggest disappointments when I bought IMDN as my first NIB (though I sold it before spending any time trying to dial it in). Cheers.

There are better LCDs out there but for Rick and Morty the stock LCD could be adjusted with gamma, brightness and contrast to be pretty good. I have NO IDEA why Spooky didn't adjust them as they were put into the pins. It's like a minute per screen to do, and the improvement was pretty substantial.

I would recommend they optimize the screen settings for Halloween on each pin with standard optimized settings before sending them out.

#6378 2 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

Ultraman is game 2? I’ve never heard of him but I guess he’s big in Asia

Ultraman? THAT would turn my head.

Talk about an out of the blue theme...

#6379 2 years ago
Quoted from greenhoody:

Ultraman will sell 50 machines.

Ultraman has WAY more easily identifiable potential as a pin than Halloween does.

All I can say is if Spooky really does this, there BETTER be a Color Timer action button/warning indicator on the lockdown bar.

#6808 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Ultraman? It could still be SCOOBY DOO!!!

In janken, Ultraman obviously bests Scooby Doo. Out-of-left field theme, but awesome.

#7431 2 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Yup. It's hard to imagine a more disposable income-rich collector demographic than Beatle boomers, yet Stern struggled to sell 1,964 of those, to people who don't care about ramps, code depth, etc.

Pfftt. They struggled to sell THROUGH even 1,000 of those. The 1,964 aspirational total went unmet AFAIK because they blew their wad of diamonds and most platinums with those first 1000, and there was no demand in the saturated channel for golds. So they couldn't make any more rarity 10 packs to force more into the channel by dists looking for platinums and diamonds. They only had enough left after the first 1000 (100 x Rarity 10 packs) to make 25 10 packs with platinums only and no diamonds, so that would be EIGHT Golds and TWO Platinums - an even worse proposition, and that would only get them to 1250. Those last 714 were never happening because they would all have to be golds.

The channel was STUFFED with 10 packs, but distributors eventually were dumping golds they were stuck with in the "rarity 10 pack scheme" that they bought just to get 1 diamond and 2 platinums. Some of those dumped golds went for prices in the high 5s NIB a year in.

Hopefully this retail smackdown killed Stern/Kapow's collectible doll rarity case pack scheme dead for good.

#7434 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Even in these times of booming pinball prices, ive seen lightly used Platinums sitting for sale down here, priced well below original sales price. For me
a Gold would have been a fun buy NIB at Pro price or below.

I would have taken a Beatles Gold at $5k NIB, but they didn't quite get there, even with the dist blowouts (at least to my knowledge). Also a half-assed effort on the code side is another reason they're never getting to the stated 1,964 units.

But I think we're in the wrong thread for this conversation, except to reinforce the idea that Spooky should NEVER EVER EVER EVER try the rarity case pack scam. Stern/Kapow already failed at it for them.

#8134 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

PinballSTAR update at 3pm -
We still have left :
Halloween SE (2)
Halloween BS (1)
Halloween CE (8)
Ultraman SE (1)
Ultraman BS (2)
Ultraman CE (9)
If you got our email blast feel free to order... If you didn't email us for it... TY to everyone and CONGRATS to Spooky ! We probably will have some spares left after all this settles out as some people ordered from both Spooky and us then asked for a refund etc... If you want a game and didn't get one - feel free to email us and we'll assist until we are sold out...
Joe Newhart
PinballSTAR Amusements
[email protected]

So your Ultraman sales are ahead of Halloween by one? 500 is definitely way too low of an allocation. Knew it when they posted that. But I guess Charlie is a student of "leave them wanting more."

#9011 2 years ago
Quoted from fnord:

Biggest CRT I've ever handled was a 40" Mitsubishi, it took 4 of us to move it into my buddy's basement, luckily a walk in. I'm not sure what it weighed but I was scared shitless the whole time it was in my hands.

My wife and I moved that monster back in the day into our entertainment center. It HAD to weigh 500lbs. The heaviest TV I've ever moved, by far. I didn't think we were going to make it.

2 weeks later
#9904 2 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Did Spooky state they were sticking with the thinner pf on Halloween and UKR, I hadn't heard that?

Given that the committed to making custom shorter flipper bushings for R&M, which requires a mold, which is expensive, it's pretty clear they're sticking with the thinner playfields. They're not spending that kind of time and money for a single-use product.

1 month later
#10353 2 years ago

Okay Spooky, it's time. Bring us the Weird Al's Polka Party, or WAP for short.
I'll bring it up every month here until it happens.
We want Al!
We want WAP!
[quoted image]

Wouldn't that be WAPP?

3 weeks later
#10373 2 years ago
Quoted from tonyf1965:

Pee Wee big adventure.

Pee-wee mockup (resized).pngPee-wee mockup (resized).png
4 months later
#10541 2 years ago
Quoted from Charlemagne1987:

Some artists, like Prince, did not want him to parody their music so he didn’t do it. But he legally could have.

And still can.

#10554 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Evil Dead / Army of Darkness would be an amazing license.

Whatever you do, no more triple stack playfields on top. If you want three levels do it like Krull and put a full scale 1/2 size playfield UNDER the playfield with a special lens in the main playfield so you can see the whole thing with normal physics and then a small playfield on top of the main playfield.

If you want three levels, that is. I'd be fine with two.

But really, Scooby Doo is the easy choice because it has terabytes of content so little animation would have to be done to smooth out the UI and modes and there are tons of celebrity guest appearances plus massive nostalgia across all age groups.
scooby doo teal (resized).pngscooby doo teal (resized).png

2 weeks later
#10590 2 years ago
Quoted from big-c66:

Oh yes I’ve been hollering this for a while. Everything u said is dead on they would sell thousands if they do it right. So much material to work with and I believe it would bring a lot of young people in to pinball.
DO IT SPOOKY.

Make each mode a case with specific sub-progressions inside the mode, and when you finish the mode you "solve" the case. Make the wizard modes the celebrity guest cases. There's so many ways to attack a Scooby Doo license. Possibilities are endless, and all of them pretty great.

1 week later
#10614 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I think the show is way past its sell-by date but another South Park would be cool. All the best episodes came after the pin, just like Data East Simpsons.

We never even got ONE Beavis and Butthead, which is criminal. That show was tailor-made for callouts. I feel like Mike Judge would be amenable to doing custom callouts for it. But even if not, there are a million people that can do serviceable imitations.

beavis and butthead mockup.pngbeavis and butthead mockup.png
8 months later
#11733 1 year ago
Quoted from big-c66:

There right SCOOBY DOO IS NEXT it is from good sources. Now could it change yes but SPOOKY knows if they do it right they would have a big seller on their hands. So much content to pull from and loved by thousands from over 50 years being on tv. Man the possibility’s u could do is MIND BLOWING SCOOBY SCOOBY SCOOBY

Without an experienced designer to lay the groundwork with a good playfield design, it means nothing. I hope Spooky learned that.

#11736 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

How did that experienced designer card work out for Ritchie when Stern let him go

Don't get the point you're trying to make here. Stern didn't "let Ritchie go," he bailed for JJP. But I still don't see the relevance to any point you're trying to make.

Quoted from manadams:

or the flack that Borg got for Turtles being too brutal.

Turtles is still a very good design. It just has the wrong theme. A kiddie theme with a tough as nails design is what borked TMNT hype. A more adult theme and it would be sought-after.

Quoted from manadams:

They are not bringing in a designer other than maybe Danesi again

No argument there. I hope they're doing that. He seems to have a handle on conservation of design.

Quoted from manadams:

lessons learned should be code progress at launch with less bugs

That's great, but none of that matters if the layout is terrible. And it's easier (i.e. not impossible) to fix CODE than it is to fix a bad layout after the fact.

Quoted from manadams:

Spooky is not trying to be Stern

I don't think anyone wants them to be.

Quoted from manadams:

You say it's live or die on what layout they present next, they would have been out of business after Rob Zombie if that was the case.

No, because the risks were nowhere near as great when Rob Zombie was released as they are now. They are a much larger operation now. Sales targets (and upfront expenses to get there) are multiples of what Rob Zombie was. The highwire has been moved up, and after the Halloween/Ultraman debacle, they smoked a ton of goodwill they had built up over the last 6 or 7 years. Poof, up in smoke. That blind devotion does not return overnight, it has to be re-earned.

So the next release is VERY high-stakes for Spooky, whether they or you or anyone else wants to admit it. I want Spooky to succeed, ESPECIALLY if they're doing Scooby Doo, but they can't do that unless they learned what went wrong last time. Not the esoteric crap like powder coating. The CORE problems.

#11763 1 year ago
Quoted from Lopa:

Ninja turtles isn’t a “kiddie theme” in the sense that it wasn’t marketed for kids, the people that watched it are in their 40s now.
Just like scooby do isn’t going to be marketed for kids, if it is in fact the next spooky game.
My kids are 8 and 11 and they have never seen an episode of either show.

I understand the intent, but I know plenty of people personally that bought Turtles for their family because it was a "kid-friendly" theme only to find it way too hard/frustrating for their kids who got rid of it pretty quickly. That's what I'm talking about. The intent didn't match the reality. A different theme on that playfield design and they would have had more success.

Scooby is a little different because it's much older than TMNT so there's a broader range of fans who grew up with it, but I would hope that Spooky comes up with an approachable playfield design for it that for the most part works out of the box without all the tweaking R&M required to play well. If they do that, and the code is solid, two huge IFS, they could repair a lot of the damage Halloween/Ultraman did and get back on track.

#11774 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Me too. Just finished talking with two of our codes.

So...code whisperer?

Next-level conversational pinball self-coding AI.

#11778 1 year ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I loved Scooby Doo when I was 9. While I think it could make a pretty good game, I don’t see myself having one in my game room. Maybe they will do a dual theme release like they did with Halloween/Ultraman. Scooby and The Thing. I would be all in on The Thing.

Hopefully Spooky learned they can't manage a dual release and give both the attention customers deserve.

Now if they want to retheme LATER like Family Guy/Shrek? Sure, that'd probably work out ok, especially if the playfield design is solid. Just reuse it with new art and adapted code.

#11796 1 year ago

Seems like kind of a rushed promo. They didn't even animate the balls rolling when they were going between the doors, and that would have taken like a 30 second job in after effects or whatever they edited this in.

Crossing my fingers and toes Spooky buckles down and pays attention to the details to make this a great game.

#11801 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

The crude edges works much better for this theme considering the source material’s animation quality.

Hanna Barbara-isms I can see, but the pinballs seemed lazy/rushed. At first I was giving them the benefit of the doubt thinking maybe they're "ghost" pinballs and that's why they're floating, but then at the end they collide, which ended that theory.

#11808 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

You seem to want this:
[quoted image]
But that's not what a pinball looks like when moving. The reflections don't spin, they stay stable while the ball spins, which you really don't see. Like so:
[quoted image]

I mean no offense, but what they did is actually paying attention to the details if you want to get pedantic about it.
If you don't care for the look that's cool, but it's accurate!

No, I don't want your example, it obviously looks dumb. The reflections would not be stationary if the ball were turning, they would shimmer to suggest the movement.

#11829 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

You seriously shitting on how a pinball looks in a teaser trailer? [quoted image]

Yep, seriously. When that's all there is, what else is there to pick apart? It's the first whiff of what Spooky's doing for their new pin, and it's a simple trailer with mostly text on canned video. I would hope it was perfect. It's just okay.

But I'm very happy they got Matthew Lillard, ESPECIALLY, for Shaggy. NO idea why he wasn't used in that newer Scooby Doo show. HE IS Shaggy. No one else alive comes close.

#11838 1 year ago
Quoted from pinstyle:

Actually Monk, you are right. With an oversized ball in a hallway you would have a moving reflection. The lighting likely being overhead and the ball would be much closer to the light source. So the reflection would be seen moving from left to right as the ball passes under the light source. You do not see this in the video the other gentlemen posted because the light source in that video is much farther away.

Perspective and location of the lighting would play into it, but I'm not expecting absolute animation perfection, just a bit more work put into making it look like it was rolling.

#11862 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

If you stop the ball it looks like a ghost, so super accurate, actually.

Until the two "ghost" balls collide at the end. Ghost collision? Um, no.

Quoted from Roostking:

Agreed, the pendanticity here in unreal!

Oh, no, the pedanticism's completely real.

#11867 1 year ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Are you saying two spectral pinballs which reside in the ethereal realm cannot collide?

I don't think so. I've never seen them portrayed as having mass, just moving through each other and walls/people/etc in the physical realm.

Now, maybe if they were NIB rusty Stern pinballs, the rust would anchor them to the physical domain, and then all bets are off. But that would be a silly consideration for a Spooky promo.

1 week later
#12009 1 year ago
Quoted from Off2War:

Beavis and Butthead, someone needs to make it.
Would be funny as all hell

I keep saying it. Would be a classic.

beavis and butthead mockup.pngbeavis and butthead mockup.png
#12027 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I don't know how well a Tenacious D pin would sell, but if nothing else, I'd love to have Jack Black doing some callouts. Seems like he could really give a game some energy with his voice.

You could have him and The Rock with Jumanji. The fantastical theme could be good pinball.

#12029 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

See I'd want the original Jumanji, but without Robin Williams maybe the remakes are the better choice. I haven't seen them. I do have 11 year old twin girls. Maybe I'll add them to our family movie night list.

The first Jumanji remake is better than the sequel, but they both have their charms. They are made for the video game era.

#12050 1 year ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Remind me what jumangi is about?!

2 weeks later
#12138 1 year ago
Quoted from benheck:

I have a sleep study coming up to check for apnea. Maybe that Bane mask will restore my energy. I don't have the insane drive of 10 years ago. I still have the superpower of not being married, but extra time is worthless without the drive.

Just wait until 50. I was always told that's when the falling apart begins to accelerate, but didn't believe it. I do now.

I had a sleep apnea test once.

once_ONCE.gifonce_ONCE.gif

Turns out I didn't have sleep apnea, but I learned that I don't get really deep sleep. I hover just below the point at which you start to wake up.

#12140 1 year ago
Quoted from benheck:

Hm so how does one solve not getting enough deep sleep? I can be awoken with mouse farts.

No idea. The doctor didn't have any recommendations to get into the lower, deeper sleep. Just pointed out on my graph were I was coasting just below the line where you wake up almost the entire overnight test. I used to be a VERY deep sleeper in my teens and 20s - there wasn't an alarm clock invented that could wake me up. Not so now. I think babies/kids changed that permanently.

#12143 1 year ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Get up with the sun and do something physical every day. Never hear a Farmer / Rancher complaining about not getting good sleep.

Plenty of Farmers/Ranchers have sleep apnea or sleep issues and just don't know it. I had no idea I was not getting deep sleep until it was graphed. I knew I could wake up pretty easily if there's an unusual noise in the house, but I *thought* I was sleeping pretty well with no memory of tossing/turning. Bad quality sleep is different than insomnia.

1 month later
#12196 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I don't think a 'christmas' themed game would really do well.

Elf would destroy.

#12197 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I'm down for Dumb & Dumber. We can add some fur to the Mystery Machine for a Shaggin' Wagon. Also SOOOOOOO down for Futurama. Frank Welker did voice Nibbler.

King of the Hill is back, and Futurama is coming back. Timing couldn't be better.

#12201 1 year ago
Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

and beavis and butthead is back as well.

Yeah, but it's just not what it was in the music video era. I feel sad for all the people discovering them now with all the stuff they were cutting on removed. Still funny, but it's not quite as good.

I would like to see a pin, though...

beavis and butthead mockup (resized).pngbeavis and butthead mockup (resized).png
#12220 1 year ago
Quoted from Maverick222:

Ren & Stimpy
[quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Is this real life?

#12235 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

solution: for an extra $150 he custom calls out your name (in addition to the 1000's).

A bargain. It cost me $15k to have Adam West call out my name in the Batman'66 SLE. And that was back when $15k was almost double an LE price.

1 week later
#12260 1 year ago
Quoted from BlackBelt:

Ok…new Idea…’Castle Mania’ (see what I did there?). Lol.
Wide body with 3 or 4 separate tiers/upper playfield castles maybe some connected by ramps (fun)…also a lower dungeon would be cool. Each castle has a vampire plus a few monsters to defeat until you rule them all! ‘King of the castle’ is the final wizard mode.
Ok, I need sleep .

Sounds great, but the lower PF needs to be full sized with the lens in the PF that fisheyes it so you have proper physics, like Krull. The bb ball mini playfields suck.

1 month later
#12337 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Yes, ive owned one. I am speaking current day. I’m not sure anyone realized that Freddy Kruger was a pedophile early on as it was largely removed from the script in the first film. It was hinted at in the film but went over the majority of peoples heads. Every one knows today and the subject is far more sensitive in today’s climate as it ever has been. I would be shocked if the IP were picked up again.

Once you're choosing between pedophiles, murderers, and rapist trees, the line gets very thin. I don't think most real-world people into horror have a problem with Freddy's grotesque backstory because they don't give it much thought. He's a bad guy - like all of them.

#12355 1 year ago
Quoted from curban:

At least we all seem to agree that pedophilia is bad. I guess that’s a positive.

Which reminds me. Trudeau has been paroled. Very short prison time, considering the offenses...

#12357 1 year ago
Quoted from curban:

I want to thumbs down that comment…but I don’t want to hurt your stats!

Feel free. I don't care about stats.

But you're saying you think his prison sentence WAS long enough? Or...mentioning a real pinball-related pedophile after a page and a half of demonic pedophile talk was...off topic? Not sure what you're trying to say with that, but you're not hurting my feelings.

EDIT: After you clarified, I understand what you were saying. Yeah, it's a pretty crazy light sentence he served compared to what he was sentenced compared to what was recommended in light of the stuff he was charged with. I really wish there was a treatment for it that works, but there's not, so managing them is the only way, and the danger they will reoffend is always present.

#12367 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

This discussion is starting to make me second guess my home brew I'm currently working on.... Necrophiliac: The Graveyard Adventure

Keep it in the sick vein, but maybe do a more "feel-good" theme, like NAMBLA:The Pinball Adventure.

2 months later
#12409 10 months ago
Quoted from EtzEtz:

On the other hand, large swaths of America are not all that into transvestites.

We're in an EXTREMELY CONSERVATIVE area and they had one of the kid theatre groups doing a production of the Time Warp that was advertised all over town for about a month. This was like 8 year old kids in full Rocky Horror costuming. The musical number is literally Sweet Transvestite-adjacent. Time Warp segues into Sweet Transvestite in the movie. If kiddie groups are doing Rocky Horror numbers HERE with zero protest, the material has been accepted enough.

1 month later
#12557 8 months ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Not popular enough for a Hollywood remake or even a streaming service mini series, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

William Goldman dying killed off the Buttercup's Baby sequel he teased with a sample opening chapter at the end of the anniversary release of the Princess Bride book. I doubt anyone else could do Goldman right, which is probably why nothing else has happened. Due to the great book and stellar movie the property has wide recognition and is very popular.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Performance Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

15,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

€ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Discos Pinball Mod Shop

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
North Aurora, IL
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

$ 17.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lermods

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hastings, MN
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinbald Mods

$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 238.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinMonk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-2021-game-speculation-thread?tu=PinMonk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.