harley-quinn-legends-of-the-dark-knight-1_dc-comics_silo (resized).png
tumblr_ndd9vhv4uu1qedb29o1_500.gif
IMG_1836 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1833 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1832 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1125 Great outline of different types of buyers. Posted by mrclean (2 years ago)

Post #6466 First release video Posted by Borygard (2 years ago)

Post #7251 Led strip explanations Posted by SpookyLuke (2 years ago)

Post #9021 Spooky interview on podcast. July 12, 2021 Posted by ZMeny (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Obed_Marsh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7847 2 years ago

I got # 11342 Halloween CE at 9:06. Wasn't that bad, just a few f5s to get it in my cart, then a few more to get to my cart, and some more after I got 8t in my cart.

Granted a 9000 dollar pinball machine is much more a niche thing that a 500 dollar ps5 or xbox, but I had a much harder time getting those

#8085 2 years ago

Definitely premature to think about the next, next game, but fun to speculate. I can imagine them doing something totally different to switch things up and unpredictable. Halloween is the kind of game I hoped a company like Spooky would build.

I'd love to see them work through other horror icons, like Nightmare on Elm Street, Hellraiser, Texas Chainsaw Massacre. I know there is a Nightmare on Elm Street pin, but would be great to see a modern one, and the old one wasn't even good for the era, let alone compared to the depth of a modern pin coding.

#8096 2 years ago
Quoted from Venom77:

Awww man I love my Freddy pin,, callouts are great. Roberts real voice... Talking Kruger head... cool claw save feature. I modded my machine pretty extensively and still have more to do but its bolted to the floor in my collection.

To be fair, I've only played it myself for about 20 minutes and the machine played on had lots of issues. I'm a Nightmare on Elm Street superfan, so would like to get some more time on one, but didn't want to risk buying since always heard it doesn't pass muster for extended homeplay. I think sometimes machines just get a reputation, whether fair or not. I owned a Popeye had a lot of fun with, and that is apparently one of the most hated pins of all time.

In any case I'd love to get a spooky one with deep code full of movie assets

#8215 2 years ago
Quoted from Venom77:

I mean sure its not the deepest or hardest machine to play by any means but for the price in the 2k range you cant beat it. They only made around 2,000 of them. I plan on getting my speaker cover signed by Robert in August. But agree with you would love a modern Elm Street. Every single one of those actors are affordable as most do the horror cons.. outside of Johnny Dep

Ya, I'd grab a players condition one for 2k for sure. I think the only time I had a chance at a nice one locally the seller was asking something crazy like 6k for it and wouldn't budge. That is cool I didn't know it had callouts from Robert Englund.

#9072 2 years ago

It would be pretty niche at this point, but Contra would be a dream theme for me. The nes version is one of my favorite games of all time. Been playing that off and on since I was in grade school. I can finish it multiple times no deaths at this point. Castlevania would be amazing also, but I think Contra would be a better fit for pinball.

I'd imagine it would be a cheap and easy license compared to most properties.

Quoted from BWT67:

Very true, though your music comment is purely subjective. I love both dearly, but Contra's soundtrack would make for an immersive frenetic machine.
Maybe the predominant machine is Castlevania with a Contra reskin then?

#9086 2 years ago
Quoted from BWT67:

Have you played any hacks of Contra? They are all ridiculously hard. Has all the nostalgic value, but is significantly more challenging.
The Revenge of the Red Falcon
Annihilation of the Green Falcon
Attack of the Blue Falcon
But back to the point, niche, yes, but would make for one hell of a pin.

I haven't, Ill check them out. I was into the emulation scene pretty early and at the time most of the romhacks were pretty lame, so had a bad impression of them and probably missed a lot of great ones over the years.

1 week later
#9463 2 years ago

Ya, I'll be curious to see the final breakdown per model. I had been leaning toward the bloodsucker version of Halloween since not crazy about the gold trim, and usually don't care about cosmetic extras, but on the sale day I changed my mind abruptly and got a CE

#9760 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

anyone have a clue what Spooky charges to ship 1 machine From Benton to Chicagoland suburb? Even a ballpark figure?...I cant make a pick up as my car is too small and I'd rather not have the liability.

I got an Alice Cooper from Spooky direct and it was 350 shipping via FedEx to Arizona. I don't think distance makes all that big a difference in the cost.

1 month later
#10360 2 years ago

It's funny I'm a diehard horror fan and Halloween Is in my top 5 movies of all time for any genres, so the choice was a no brainer for me.

That said I can't help but think there is likely some people that would have interests in both machines. At face value they have very little to do with each other, but I think a lot of horror fans would also have interest in rubber suit Kaiju film's.

I've never seen Ultraman, but the pin looks gorgeous and ad someone mentioned earlier this would be very attractive to pair with a Godzilla.

I'm sorta rambling, but I guess my point is probably some fans would have bought both games if separate layout, and I'm sure a few may have even gotten both.

I like the concept of Spooky's approach here though, and hope it continues. One layout and maybe a more hardcore theme paired with a more family friendly theme. I'd love it if this might allow for more niche themes that might not be viable on their own. Like I'd love to get a cult horror film like Killer Klowns from Outer Space, or Hellraiser, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, the list goes on

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allen Park, MI
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Mooshue's Market

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 80.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 45.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

5,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
South Kingstown, RI
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Protection
Gameroom Mods

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Obed_Marsh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-2021-game-speculation-thread?tu=Obed_Marsh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.