harley-quinn-legends-of-the-dark-knight-1_dc-comics_silo (resized).png
tumblr_ndd9vhv4uu1qedb29o1_500.gif
IMG_1836 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1833 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1832 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1125 Great outline of different types of buyers. Posted by mrclean (2 years ago)

Post #6466 First release video Posted by Borygard (2 years ago)

Post #7251 Led strip explanations Posted by SpookyLuke (2 years ago)

Post #9021 Spooky interview on podcast. July 12, 2021 Posted by ZMeny (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Lopa.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#17 3 years ago

I'm really hoping for a horror theme, I already have a down payment earmarked for a spooky pin if the title is right.

I would love to see evil dead, Beatlejuice, a tales from the crypt remake (I know it won't happen) or anything with a theme that spooky could really sink their horror fandom teeth into.

4 months later
#589 2 years ago

Honestly a good move for spooky would be a “universal monsters” title, the IP would be cheap and every previous universal monsters pin is popular. Whatever spooky comes out with next will sell out so they might as well do what they love.

3 weeks later
#1895 2 years ago

I'm wondering if they are adding a lottery to the fang club membership?

3 weeks later
#3343 2 years ago

“Stacked and loaded”

Multiple upper playfields!

What does it all mean!?

1 week later
#4983 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Stern has that license

Stern has the license for the Toho Godzilla not the entire franchise.

Could you imagine if spooky released a Godzilla the same year as stern is supposed to release a Godzilla?

#5180 2 years ago

Cheers to those people who own pinball machines and never need to adjust or repair them, because that has most certainly not been my experience with either nib or otherwise.

Kanedas popularity is largely centered around the drama he creates by blowing things he doesn’t understand out of proportion or by peacocking. That being said his show is still entertaining people just need to learn that it’s just that an entertaining show.

Quoted from metallik:

The drops on my new AIQ Pro wouldn't drop. The bank was installed too close to the rubber and the targets had no room to fall back. Completely screwed up the game til I reinstalled the bank 1/8" further out.
Maiden needed tweaks to rails to get the loops correct. ACDC chopped a wire in half with the rear kickout on the 2nd game because the wires were dressed incorrectly. Buddy's XMen was a complete basket case of ball hangups and targets that weren't even screwed all the way in the playfield.
I had to take my fucking WOZ ECLE backbox *completely apart* to replace the bottom sill because the glass channel was too narrow for the BG to fit. Yes they actually shipped it that way.
R&M was rather below average regarding after-unboxing work. Adjusted flippers and two rails, regapped targets and now it shoots awesome.
Stop paying attention to attention-whoring podcasters and make your own opinions.

#5247 2 years ago

Probably the only music pin I would be interested in.

#6314 2 years ago

I agree with your statement entirely and add that the horror as a genre doesn’t appeal to a broad audience and that’s what makes it so great. Horror is campy, bad etc. but it is also more imaginative and smart then any other genre.

Quoted from Xelz:

I agree, it needs to be seen without audience participation first before attending a live showing.
But for those of us who are RHPS fans, let’s be honest, the movie was never intended to appeal to a broad audience, and it should be expected that a lot of people bounce off it. It’s as niche as one could get, and all the better for it.

#6385 2 years ago

I know nothing of Ultraman but it looks fun and campy, even not knowing the title it still has appeal from a theme and design standpoint.

#7326 2 years ago

They already took the post down, I assume to put in the correct photo with the appropriate backglass.

Quoted from Kkoss24:

I’m pretty sure the back glass will have the title on it those are for the CE I believe .

#7807 2 years ago

Order 11384!!!!!

#7826 2 years ago

Received email at 9:37 cst

Quoted from brucipher:

What time was your order date and time per the confirmation email... Just curious.

#7835 2 years ago

I wonder how the order numbers work?

#8083 2 years ago

This, all this!

Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

They did even better than that, my friend. Spooky sold $15M of pinball machines today. They may have collected $2M in downpayment, but $15M in Total $ale$ in three hours is Wowza, impressive!! Maybe Spooky could educate a certain podcaster or become subject of a Harvard Business Review Case Study on how to effectively market and sell out of your product on day one. Spooky knows its customers well and takes care of business, like a Boss.

#8094 2 years ago

Not sure if I would say it’s a top five, maybe top ten. I’m not at all surprised how quickly they sold out.

Quoted from Goronic:

I am surprised people didn't think the Halloween theme wouldn't be wildly successful. It is a top 5 horror movie, by almost everyone. The music is instantly universally recognizable and iconic. I am not surprised it sold out day 1 in a few hours.
if Spooky wanted to continue down this horror road I would like to recommend. John Carpenters' The Thing . That music is also great/iconic! And the callouts would be fantatastic! "Yeah...fuck you too!"
Ultraman was a brilliant retheme as well. Overall, a great follow up to a fantastic Rick and Morty theme choice.
Congratulations Spooky Pinball!

#8189 2 years ago

Everyone knows how this works and we are all adults, if you wanted to buy a pin this morning there were plenty of ways to do so. If you missed out it clearly wasn’t a priority.

Quoted from awassig:

I totally agree individual fang club members should have been limited to one title each if that.....I know of a few people that bought several and are just waiting to flip them.......shame on them......hope bad Karma comes there way. I mean buying a machine site unseen is a risky proposition with no video of play and or sounds/video and understand if you purchased the game, get it play it and are unhappy so you sell it....But to get in line and buy multiples of both titles for the sole purpose to resell at higher prices and take the chance away from legitimate buyers that might want and keep the machine is really a person with no ethics at all. If you want to buy and sell become a damn distributor and do it that way.

#8198 2 years ago

you are literally comparing a luxury $10,000 pinball machine to toilet paper. Your argument is as thin as... well... single ply.

Quoted from awassig:

I made the decision to not get either of the machines today and your right I went to the site to see if it was possible to get one at 9am and even though all of the hiccups and the site going down for a bit I still could have gotten one when it came back up. My point is that the same people that will hoard NIB machines for their own gain are the same ones during the beginning of the pandemic walking out of the store with two carts full of damn toilet paper...Only think about how they can benefit themselves and have no care in the world about anyone else.

#8652 2 years ago

If spooky were to do another music theme I think the Ramones wood be good but my first choice would be the misfits.

824815E9-59D0-4F6C-B6BA-1671E67BAA0F (resized).jpeg824815E9-59D0-4F6C-B6BA-1671E67BAA0F (resized).jpeg
#8714 2 years ago

Not yet, squirrel just sent out an email saying that we should get our game number very soon.

Quoted from Roostking:

Has anyone gotten an order # from a distro? I ordered then purchased my Fang Club membership, which is 11851.
Not worried about #'s, just excited to get on this train and ride it!

#8746 2 years ago

Give this super Awesome Pinball Show a listen and all your questions and more will be answered.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-super-awesome-pinball-show-ep-27-halloween-ultraman/id1491095159?i=1000527914039

Quoted from Rockytop:

I haven't been on this thread in several days. I'm getting a Halloween CE.
Has Spooky talked about the assets they have in the game? Will there be scenes from the movie with lines from the major characters? Do they have rights to the full soundtrack?

#8811 2 years ago

Haha it can’t, the public lost out again. Fang club FTW!

Quoted from Nightmare:

Forgive me ahead of time but how can this game go on sale to the public if it's already sold out?

2 weeks later
#9527 2 years ago

Halloween CE
Ordered from spooky

Order number 11384

Production # 168

#9713 2 years ago

We are driving from Michigan as well, gonna make a vacation out of it and stop off in Chicago for a couple days.

Quoted from Mitoska:

I'm hoping to pick mine up from them as well..bit of a drive from Michigan..maybe once a month spooky could do Friday night parking lot BBQ for people that want to pick up in person..would be fun

#9730 2 years ago

What matters is when you got the game in your cart not when you checked out.

Quoted from RobT:

My order did not go through until 2 hours and 48 minutes after they went on sale. I ordered direct through Spooky. I have seen several people like you who ordered through a distributor within the first 10 minutes who have numbers that are much higher than mine. So yes, ordering direct through Spooky gives you a better chance of having a lower number (I am #184 UM CE)

#9743 2 years ago

Once the game is in your cart the invoice is allocated to the individual, not really complicated stuff it works the same way with concert tickets or anything else that is a numbered sale.

Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Being in your doesn’t usually mean anything. Until you actually check out the order is not complete. So I don’t know how having the game in your cart will keep you ahead of people who checked out before you?

#9825 2 years ago

build a bridge and get over it, when people say creepy things they should be corrected. If you feel personally attacked for someone else being called out for being inappropriate then perhaps you need to step back and figure out why.

there is no safe space for creeps.

Quoted from Pinman502:

Can’t speak for everyone else but I personally got into pinball again to get away from all the bs that’s going on in the rest of the world why must you people bring it here

#9934 2 years ago

Of all of the podcast interviews I’ve heard with the folks from spooky and Ben heck I feel like they always shy away from the technical aspects of the game design. As soon as things got a bit technical the host always steers the conversation another way.

Honestly the game will speak for itself this stuff is way more interesting to me.

Quoted from metallik:

WMS Pinball 2000 had the main driver board in the bottom of the cabinet (because the head was filled with the controlling PC and CRT display). WMS made a custom spring-loaded cover for it, and AFAIK there never were any real issues with the design.
However, that doesn't solve the wiring harness length issue, which I think is the main driving force behind Spooky's under playfield placement.

#9958 2 years ago

Ouch!

I guess that makes monster bash the best Universal Monsters pin not designed by a pedophile.

Quoted from benheck:

Yeah last time I checked gravity doesn't go upside-down

It's the greatest ghost hunting game not designed by a pedophile EVER MADE!

#10068 2 years ago

We should crowdfund a new AMH playfield, I don’t own one but Ben Heck gives me at least $10 worth of chuckles here so I would be in.

#10136 2 years ago

This is pinball not the stock market.

Quoted from jkashani:

After the live stream either the demand will increase or there will be a big dump off of spots. I favor the former.

#10150 2 years ago

I guess we’ll wait and see. Not sure pinball is the best way to pad your portfolio but do you.

Quoted from monitorpop:

Are you sure? JJP CEs sure seem like MEME stocks…

6 months later
#10569 2 years ago

Quoted from JackG:

SpookyLuke how many games a year are you all able to do now?

#10573 2 years ago

That’s right.

Quoted from manadams:

More like 1200, 1750 is over 18 months.

8 months later
#11669 1 year ago

its probably best for spooky to delay their next title to produce a more polished game out of the gates. its a short term inconvenience but a good long term solution.

1 month later
#11718 1 year ago

If Charlie retired maybe he will have time to bring back the horror podcast. I still listen to the old podcasts and wish there was new content.

1 week later
#11744 1 year ago

Ninja turtles isn’t a “kiddie theme” in the sense that it wasn’t marketed for kids, the people that watched it are in their 40s now.

Just like scooby do isn’t going to be marketed for kids, if it is in fact the next spooky game.

My kids are 8 and 11 and they have never seen an episode of either show.

Quoted from PinMonk:

Turtles is still a very good design. It just has the wrong theme. A kiddie theme with a tough as nails design is what borked TMNT hype. A more adult theme and it would be sought-after.

#11752 1 year ago

I’m with you on this, there aren’t many shows that I watched as a kid that I’m nostalgic enough to spend 10k plus on unless it shoots really well. Heck I own a TWD and a Frankenstein and have never seen either.

That being said kids don’t buy pinball machines, it’s mainly dudes over 40.

Quoted from Zablon:

This is my problem. Sure...I liked scooby when I was younger, and yes, I still like the idea of it, but I don't actively watch it. I mostly watch the crossover stuff to see how they handle it - but those are adult themed shows. Scooby IS a kids show, and yes young kids still watch it.
I don't see myself wanting to drop 10k+ on Scooby as a theme as an adult. I want stuff with more edge. I would buy an R&M over again before I'd buy Scooby.

#11831 1 year ago

Never ceases to amaze me, pinball Karen’s are on the prowl looking to be as pedantic as they can and critique the ball movement on a teaser trailer.

FFS get over yourself.

#11834 1 year ago

I will say this, if you own a business that supports other businesses it is best to not trash their product especially if what you are trashing isn’t even the actual product. It comes off as petty and obnoxious and in my opinion has no place on this particular thread.

Lost a customer here.

#11865 1 year ago

My guess is that they will do scream for sure in the future. Just makes sense at this point.

#11878 1 year ago

Pin-karen #2 has entered the chat.

Quoted from screaminr:

A perfect example of today's cancel culture in full affect .

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus
Plastics
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Machine - For Sale
Fargo, ND
$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
NinjaCamp Mods
Protection
$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
NinjaCamp Mods
Other
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ScottieIA Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods
Other
8,800 (OBO)
$ 35.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods
Shooter rods
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 300.00
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball
Decals
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy
Protection
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Lopa.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-2021-game-speculation-thread?tu=Lopa and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.