harley-quinn-legends-of-the-dark-knight-1_dc-comics_silo (resized).png
tumblr_ndd9vhv4uu1qedb29o1_500.gif
IMG_1836 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1833 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1832 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1125 Great outline of different types of buyers. Posted by mrclean (2 years ago)

Post #6466 First release video Posted by Borygard (2 years ago)

Post #7251 Led strip explanations Posted by SpookyLuke (2 years ago)

Post #9021 Spooky interview on podcast. July 12, 2021 Posted by ZMeny (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Damonator.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#554 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

For Spooky’s second pin this year would I rather see TNA2 or a new title? Scooby-Doo or Beatlejuice or Scary Movie or Peewee’s Playhouse, have been denied as first release of 2021. Could one of them be Spooky’s second pin?

I don’t think it will be TNA2 as Scott recently said the remake is a long way away.

1 week later
#836 2 years ago

It was going to be Halloween until Charlie was overly excited about the “See anything you like?” mode and KT shut it all down.

#1103 2 years ago

Making a mainstream pinball with a hardcore horror film like Friday 13th, Halloween, Scream etc would be hard to pull off in my opinion. You couldn’t glorify the murderer (Mrs Voorhees, Michael, etc), couldn’t show any gore/killing, couldn’t show nudity, etc.

Alien walked the line pretty well - but in this case the antagonists are creatures, not a person. A lot of the game is based on escaping from very tense situations. It was a fun pin when I owned it, but it was intense and dark (not what I would consider mainstream).

As every Spooky pin (minus RZ) has been a light-hearted/comedic theme - Scooby, Beetleguise, Goonies or my personal favorite Nightmare Before Christmas would all be great choices in the same spirit as past titles.

#1126 2 years ago

Forget about the horror movies - give me stacked and loaded baby!

AF72894A-99DD-4DD0-A90E-3BE63233B935 (resized).jpegAF72894A-99DD-4DD0-A90E-3BE63233B935 (resized).jpeg

#1212 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

The zombie genre is dead.
Just ask Deeproot's sales department.

I’m not sure Zombies were the problem with DR.

#1402 2 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Kaneda is saying the next title will be Halloween. I can believe it and honestly I said it myself Halloween makes a ton of sense because ...

Kaneda has been wrong before and I hope he’s wrong this time too. I would have to see it first, but I would likely pass on a Halloween pin. I like spooky themed pins that are light-hearted like ACNC or EHoH, not bloody/evil like I think a Halloween would be.

#1418 2 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

I can't believe all of the people voicing thier displeasure with the idea of Spooky making a real horror pin. There are a dozen other manufacturers making games with family friendly themes. Plently to pick from. There have only been a few horror games over the last few decades... BSD, TWD and Mystery Castle? Spooky doesn't need to sell thousands of units. We are way past due and Spooky is the company to deliver. Having said that, I'm not sure how well Halloween works as a pinball theme. It will be interesting to see how they pull that off, if that's really the theme. I have my doubts that it is.

There have been a few depending on how flexible you are with the word “horror”. Spooky/haunted may be a better word choice. Here are the remaining I can think of:
Alien, HH, Elvira 1/2/3, ACNC, AMH, MB, CFTBL, POTO, TAF, TFTC, MSF, Munsters, Medusa

#1709 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I own R&M as well as TNA.
TNA really doesn’t have too much to it, like just basic pinball parts, but it’s high quality imo and the display is maybe a bit low resolution but to me it fits with the 80s vibe of the graphics. Overall great pin and to me the money was put into the lights the code and sound is outstanding.
R&M can see it’s not a huge budget game so the few toys might be a step down from Stern and two steps down from JJP or CGC but again the money is well into the lights and some cool mechanisms like the magnet save and the subway. The ramps feel a bit cheap too but the game is well put together of high quality pinball parts. Code and video/audio assets are through the roof.
I own Stern, JJp and Spooky they all feel different. JJP is more polished and over engineered and great toys, Stern is usually cheaper feeling but super slick built because they have a formula that makes the games work but also feel very much under built but just enough to work well.
Spooky is definitely feeling like a home brew but one with great parts and build quality and especially attention to code and sound and lights. (At least Scott’s pins don’t own any other Spooky pins).

AMH looked and felt a little home-brew to me, RZ a little less so and ACNC is on par with a Stern premium/LE (superior in some ways). TNA and R&M are Scott Danesi games which have a more minimalistic feel and simpler playfield art than ACNC - but I still don't think either of those feel home-brew either.

#1726 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

How about a theme that's not 40 years old? The world is evolving, things are different now and tastes have moved on for most people.
I do know lots of people still listen to the same music and watch the same shit they did 40 years ago, but they are limiting themselves.
Remember how excited we were when roller skates evolved into the Surfer Sam?
Same evolution is still happening now folks.
Motorbikes are different, music is different and pinball has evolved.
Let's get with the times.
Could do an aggressive nation army pin. Could go out from your nice comfortable, rich nation and attack other countries because you don't like their culture or you want their assets, or maybe just to keep your bomb factories profitable. Think of the multiball opportunities.
Maybe the whole trapped sub on the ocean floor thing?
Race to find a cure for a disease?
Global corporation war with Wall st takeovers etc?

Because pinball companies like money?

No offense, but I’d rather chew on razors than play a pinball game based on Covid, politics, economics or social causes.

#1730 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Merely suggesting they move with the times.
I'm not creayive, therefore my examples suck, but it still doesn't need to be a theme from something from 40 years ago.

Hah - just giving you a hard time.

I think people simply have fond memories of music, tv and film from their youth.

Some great games have been original content - MM, AFM, etc but it requires starting from scratch on character, story, music, call outs, etc. It’s easier to have a head start with some sort of licensed asset.

And don’t forget that the primary purpose of these games is to eat quarters on location. Games with a recognizable theme have a better chance of drawing people in to drop a few quarters into the coin box.

2 weeks later
#3040 2 years ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

What the pinball world needs, is more pinball games made for ADULTS!

{picks up the mic}

JJP GnR

{drops mic}

#3104 2 years ago

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

1 week later
#3485 2 years ago
Quoted from JediMcMuffin:

Don't worry, the CE flippers will have them valued at $16.5 in no time

I hope they say they are making 1000 games and it’s whatever mix of SE/Blood Sucker/CE that people order. That would hopefully give the CE flippers pause as there is no guarantee that the CE version is the most limited.

#3486 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Well someone will be happy regardless.
I’m pretty bored with the industry right now. After playing it, Mando is just another stern with terrible call outs and was bored in 15 min. American pinball is out to lunch, deep root a joke, JJP making GnR for another year (and it’s overrated and I own it). I’m really hoping spooky brings it!
On a side note, excited to get alien back with the new version Bc that game is incredible for those that haven’t played it

What the heck is wrong with CGC by the way? They were rocking it for a couple of years, then nothing for soooo long!

And side note - I’ve owned both Alien and GnR - both are outstanding games, but GnR is better. I can’t believe they got rid of the center LCD on Alien, that was one of the best features.

#3516 2 years ago
Quoted from Penguindeity:

Found this today. Interesting how it spells out this is for the TNA Remake. https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PBL-600-0473-00[quoted image]

Yes! The TNA remake with upper playfields!

#3676 2 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Notice that there look to be only two main inserts in front of the 3 bank drops... so, an insert missing for the middle drop then?

Theoretically there could be only 2 drops there…that would be interesting.

#3703 2 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Well. For one :
I am excited to buy it.
So No comparison at all, here.

How can you be excited to buy something when you have no idea what the theme is???

I hope I can get excited, but I'm out if it's Garth Brooks, Skip-Bo or The Bachelorette.

#3719 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Ben has not denied any of those.
PS: As someone who's owned Congo and Hardbody, I can say that a great theme is not necessary for me to enjoy a game.

Never played Hardbody, but themes like Congo and The Shadow were based on *ok* movies, yet made fantastic pins. I think those are instances where the gameplay overcame the theme.

I need to be excited about a theme in order to spend $7-$10k on a new game (and get rid of a game in my lineup).

#4213 2 years ago

It will be interesting to see how many of each version is ordered (if Spooky discloses it).

One of the major differences in JJP/Stern is different artwork for the different versions which is a determining factor for some.

As all 3 versions play the same, I don’t see a lot of Blood Sucker orders this time around - I bet the majority will be Collectors (all the bells/whistles) with some BSE and SE.

I’m going with:
CE - 60%
BSE - 20%
SE - 20%

#4224 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

As the only major part difference is the topper...I'll hold that until I see what we're working with. Most likely a BS for me if it is something I want...

CE is more than a topper - it’s topper/laser cut side rails/sculpted shooter/“extra toy”/different powdered speaker panel (plus all the BSE stuff).

I’m either CE or nothing - it’s all about the theme at this point!

#4316 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I would love to hear why. Freddy is such a better villain. There’s nothing interesting about Mike Myers. I’ve seen a couple of the originals and a couple of the more recent ones and don’t get it. Freddy makes much more sense for me.

F13 had the best/most realistic villain (but NOT the sequels). Halloween was great and Michael was believable right up until the part where he walked away after Dr Loomis emptied a revolver into his chest. Freddy was a fun villain with great one-liners, but the whole dream thing was never realistic.

#4327 2 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

You guys can argue all day long about which theme would be better than the other, but the theme is already decided and the game is being made,

Until we know WHAT the theme is, all we can do is shoot the breeze.

After we know the theme, expect about 4000 more posts with equally meaningless banter about who’s in and who’s out, why this or that sucks or is awesome, etc.

#4330 2 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Have we ever seen a pinball company ACTUALLY release a game at a similar time/schedule as releasing a new movie/tv series? I dont think I have ever seen Stern line that up.

We all know JJP nailed the timing perfectly with the Hobbit.

#4348 2 years ago
Quoted from joetechbob:

Playing as the villain would be super dark and awesome!

No, it wouldn’t. Gruesomely killing innocent people as they plead for help? No thanks.

#4529 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I'm still looking for a Galaxy Quest pin, complete with restored original soundtrack and subplots. (apparently a new series is coming with the origional cast..minus rickman, so...eh..why bother? but..) Rickman deadpan snarky callouts would be epic.

I was sad when Alan Rickman died - he was an incredibly skilled actor.

But +1 on a Galaxy Quest pin - I absolutely love that movie.

#4602 2 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

You root for Jason in F13. He kills a bunch of scantily clad idiots in weird, creative ways. When there’s a kill, the audience cheers.

Jason killed no one in F13!

#5485 2 years ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

I am wearing out my finger trying to convince the wife to get this pin

#5507 2 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

You couldn't just swap the art on MM and change it into an Avengers game.

But you can swap the art on MM and change it into an EHoH.

EHoH actually feels more like a cross between MM and AFM.

But the point being - a smooth shooting fan layout has been the foundation of many great titles.

The Funhouse/Congo/Tron layout is another fun one.

#5546 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

My wife would force me to buy it if the theme is Gargoyles.

I would buy 2 if it were Gargoyles.

#5586 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

What did I miss?
Did they announce Scooby Doo yet?
Ben Heck didn’t sound to convincing on his last comment about it not being Scooby.
I think it’s Scooby….

I still have in the back of my mind that Kaneda said Scooby Doo first, then switched to Halloween. If he ends up being right 2x on this one, I’ll actually start listening to his podcast.

I know Ben denies it - but he’s sneaky.

#5593 2 years ago
Quoted from Beechwood:Fine. I'm reasonable.
You have 24 hours to reveal or I won't buy a BSE.
p.s. I plan on buying a CE either way

Glad to hear your finger trick worked!

sore_finger (resized).jpgsore_finger (resized).jpg

#5764 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballonthemark:

The anticipation is killing me! We are excited to see what Spooky created. Now the question is how much longer? I hope today is the reveal. Especially knowing what the other theme is.

I doubt Charlie wants his phone/email to be lit up all weekend over a holiday. I wouldn’t count on today.

#5814 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

I promise you this... somewhere right now, there is in fact... the Loaf. Lurking. Quiet. Subtle.
I say no more, I say no less.

Night of the Living Bread CONFIRMED!

2D7E9674-6963-42C2-B239-5A46DE46954D (resized).jpeg2D7E9674-6963-42C2-B239-5A46DE46954D (resized).jpeg

#6035 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

coat them with red nail polish

Nail polish holds up really well to direct pinball hits. I used it on Rudy’s lips and didn’t get a single chip for many years.

Quoted from benheck:

If you want to make it with a young lady

Circuit advice from Ben: check
Lady advice from Ben: freaks no

#6185 2 years ago
Quoted from BWT67:

It was the most annoying cartoon I had to endure watching. Why it’s been relevant for 50 years is beyond me. I’d rather a pinball based on SimAnt that Scooby Doo. Each time I type “Scooby” I soil myself a little.
I totally agree with GNR, not interested in the least bit. Unfortunately that game has already been manufactured so all the resources have been utilized. I’m sure it made a bunch of dudes happy remembering how much fun it was remembering how much fun it it was to be into a crap trash band. To each their own though.
I’m sure my taste is trash in their eyes. As long as we can agree that each other’s taste is garbage and have a beer laughing, that’s all matters. But for the record, Scooby and GNR are awful ideas/concepts.
Halloween on the other hand spawned decades of influential horror and contributed to cinema in more ways than than most of us can fathom. Carpenter for life! CEs for all!

GnR rocks and I’ll happily pony up $9k for the CE Mystery Machine Edition.

Velma for the win!

AA6B70AA-2015-41AB-98AD-7B14AF1873D3 (resized).jpegAA6B70AA-2015-41AB-98AD-7B14AF1873D3 (resized).jpeg

#6196 2 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

I really enjoy sparring a bit on pinside… but this site always just ends up making me sad for humanity and glad I have a dog.

I love all pinsiders- their bark is worse than their bite.

I guarantee I’d rather have a talk over a beer with a pinsider vs 99% of the people I deal with in a given day.

#6593 2 years ago

Ultraman!!!

I hate it that Spooky lost the Godzilla license to Stern, but those two pins are going to look INSANE next to each other.

So cool!

#6738 2 years ago

Art, music and animations on Ultraman look sick!

I’m in! *assuming I can get one ordered.

#7182 2 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I am 100% rooting for Spooky but I will be pleasantly surprised if Spooky sells all of the Halloween pins by the end of the month.

It will be interesting to see when it sells out as Halloween is a more widely known theme than R&M (certainly for the major pinball buying demographic).

Ultraman will be sold out tomorrow.

#7343 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

This looks like a very unique, "innovative" game, the kind that people here always say they want. Something really different.
To me, it looks like a warmed over Pinball Circus multilevel novelty clone, it doesn't look like it's going to offer much in the way of flow, it's likely to be a very stop and go affair. Doesn't look like something I'd be too into, spending all my time cycling balls between the 15 upper playfields. I think that would get pretty old pretty quick at home.
Your mileage may vary...the people who want "innovation" have got it, and now's your chance to put your money where your mouth is.
For those who prefer more traditional, non-innovative playfields, there's still a dozen othe games in production from the other manufacturers to choose from that will offer a more familiar pinball experience.

This looks nothing like pinball circus, nor does it have 15 playfields. Calling it a warmed over novelty clone is pretty mean-spirited, even for you.

That being said, I actually like pinball circus, but can't afford one. So now I'm even MORE excited about my Ultraman. Thanks Levi!

#7368 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Mean-spirited? Are you kidding?
It’s a first impression critique- you know, like the HUNDREDS that you see when stern or JJP reveals a game.
I’m not sure why spooky reveals are supposed to be criticism proof. Is it because these threads are crawling with Spooky reps?
It’s a super oddball layout and I’m old and fear change. Shouldn’t be surprising I have reservations about it.
I would never try to discourage you or anybody else from buying a game they think looks cool. Buy 4 of them, please!

I wish I were a spooky rep - is there a sign-up for that somewhere?

I am fine with criticisms if they are done in a respectful way. “This may not have enough flow”, “shot X is too narrow for me”, “I don’t like upper playfields”. Cool.

And are you seriously stating that you only want to see pinball layouts that have already been done 100 times over? Give Spooky props for trying something new!

Don’t be a Debbie Downer man. I hope you come to TPF next year. First round is on me.

#7747 2 years ago

This is pretty typical for high demand items.

I was trying to buy a PS5 and 3080 video card around Christmas and NO one’s store could handle the volume - WalMart, Target, Costco stores all crashed due to load.

#7975 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Don't think I don't want to.

Haha - I think we helped you guys with your market research.

Next release: Army of Darkness/Scooby Doo

Which means I might have to buy both!

#7984 2 years ago

Pinball Life Terry

#8045 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

All gone![quoted image]

Congrats Spooky! 1000 more machines than R&M and sold in less time.

#8648 2 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I still really like the idea of a Rocky Horror Picture Show theme. I was actually a little disappointed when it wasn't true.

I was quite relieved when it wasn’t Rocky Horror (or Meatloaf - ack!)

No on Black Sabbath - it took Soooky a LONG time to sell out on ACNC. No way would Sabbath sell 2000 units.

I called it several pages back - Army of Darkness (500 games)/Scooby Doo (1500 games).

Scooby is a very similar vibe to AMH, but with huge license recognition and video assets. Every flipping episode was a spooky ghost/monster story with a mystery to
figure out. Give me 10 or 15 modes with unique objectives/monsters - that would be awesome. Here’s just a few of the first episode villains:

727BB545-AEEC-4506-A56D-8553ABFB7A1B (resized).png727BB545-AEEC-4506-A56D-8553ABFB7A1B (resized).png

#8709 2 years ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

I agree.
Let Stern do Scooby-Doo. Heck, they can re-purpose the van on TMNT into the mystery machine.
Running away and hiding from ghosts, running between doors, and caring more about food and scooby snacks than a storyline... Not MY cup of tea.
Keep Spooky.. SPOOKY!

Spooky will do whatever interests him (*subject to licensing acquisitions) - that's the perks of being the BOSS.

Ultraman, Dominos, Jetsons, R&M, TNA were not "spooky" titles at all.

Keep Spooky....quirky. His passion is the magic X factor - no matter what the next title is.

#8765 2 years ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

Not going to lie, as I read the first half of the story, I was thinking you were setting up an excuse to flip one of your machines for a profit lol!

The "wife decided the game is too violent, so I must sell....for $2k profit" cockroaches won't show up until all the games are sold from distribs.

#8820 2 years ago

Interesting results over in the Spooky poll thread.

UM percentage breakdown:
68/23/9 CE/BSE/SE

Halloween:
78/12/10 CE/BSE/SE

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-which-one-did-you-buy

Assuming this small sample size is accurate, I’m surprised that the CEs sold WAY over the 50% mark. Interesting!

#8826 2 years ago

I think building the CEs first was a big motivator as well.

#8841 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Considering the collector’s unobtainable topper itself could probably sell for 1k+ these days, it’s a no brainer CE

Maybe not - It’s kind of a weird dynamic if you think about it:

1) low demand for the topper because most people own a CE

2) for a CE, the game title is on the topper, not the translite. You’d have to sell the topper and translite together which would devalue the CE.

I don’t see anyone doing it.

Not trying to argue - just thinking out loud. Spooky has changed the normal rules of thought with this run.

#8900 2 years ago

The good news on this release is that Spooky made enough to meet demand. The game can still be purchased from distribs for those showing up late to the party - and they can choose whatever trim level they want.

That’s way different than the JJP/Stern CE/LE instant sell outs that lead to outrageous aftermarket prices.

#8927 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

Anyone else surprised there are spots still available at distributors?

It’s a strange phenomenon - same thing happened with the Fathom remake. Haggis sold out through direct sales, but Nitro has had 10 of them available for several months.

Part of me likes it though as I don’t have to see the market ads for people trying to flip for profit (like Mando LE and GnR CE).

#9156 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

It's obfuscated somewhat by the decline in arcades over the same period, but the latter half of the 90s is also when B/W did a LOT of unlicensed themes.
What was even licensed after 95? Fastbreak? Episode 1?

Scared Stiff was the only other one besides NBA and EP1. Playboy was in whitewood stage for PB2K, but never licensed.

#9162 2 years ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

Sega.
Apollo 13
Batman Forever
Baywatch
Godzilla
GoldenEye
Golden Cue
Harley Davidson
Independence Day
Lost in Space
Mary Shelley's Frankenstein
Maverick
South Park
Space Jam
Star Wars Trilogy
Starship Troopers
The Lost World: Jurassic Park
The X-Files
Twister
Viper Night Drivin'

He was made talking about BLY/WMS.

Sega/Stern are almost exclusively licensed themes.

#9167 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

Is there any news yet on gameplay footage? Besides Luke saying soon?

I may be in the minority, but I would rather them spend time on building games/finishing code. I’d rather see/experience all the game has to offer first hand vs watching a video.

#9178 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

If someone made “Castle Craziness” today, it would not move guaranteed units like a good license even if it was an amazing game.

If Spooky made it and it was amazing, it would sell well because Spooky is now a trusted and well-respected brand.

But if it were from an upstart company (Deeproot, Zidware, Suncoast, Skit-B)? Yea, I agree - it would probably fail.

In general I agree with you though - having licensed content that people recognize sells more games.

#9309 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Using a LOT of assumptions.....
1. Pinballstar's numbers that were mentioned on another thread are legit
AND
2. They are true to Spooky's orders as well as the other vendors's allotments
AND
3. Spooky maintains 'only' a 20 game/week average (they need ~25 to hit their 18 month goal, I think? It will be accelerating over time is my point, and I can't factor for that.)
....if 85% really end up being CE's, it will take about 72 weeks from the start of production to get through JUST the CEs for both Halloween and Ultraman. But again.. HUGE grain of salt there.

On the poll thread here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-which-one-did-you-buy/page/2#post-6380497

192 CEs out of 250 orders (ignoring the “I ordered 2 option”) comes to 77% that ordered a CE.

So 80% +/- 5% would be a good guesstimate.

1 week later
#9801 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

He wants us all to be misogynistic clichés like him and his pal Mr.Clean. Probably the same guys honking at high school girls from their pick ups

He meant Mr Clean made an off color remark, regretted it and deleted it. End of story. DakotaMike wasn’t defending it, so he doesn’t need to be labeled or scolded.

This cancel culture crap is WAY out of hand. People make mistakes. Forgive them and move on. No need to keep pounding on the guy.

#9803 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

No one is piling up on the guy. Why does everyone pull the "cancel culture" card when they get called out for being a creep?

Because that’s exactly what it is - shout someone down, label them as misfits, and the mob keeps piling on.

The guy made a mistake. Instead of you calling him a scumbag, why not say “dude, that’s Charlie’s 18 year old daughter. Not cool.”

I’m not defending the initial comment and neither was DakotaMike, yet he got immediately labeled as a “misogynistic cliche” just for saying “lighten up”.

Slow to anger - quick to forgive. Getting those backwards makes for a miserable society.

#9823 2 years ago
Quoted from Ninefingers:

I have a son, daughter, average-looking wife, 2 cats and I found the post to be icky.
Also- #59 CE direct thru Spooky

lol - DUUUUDE. I find your post calling your wife average-looking to be icky. Go tell her she's beautiful right now! She squeezed out two of your tater tots after all.

And go buy some dogs.

You're welcome.

#9924 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Why would you have your boards installed on the inside bottom of the cabinet? All of the wiring leading to the playfield would have to have extra slack to accommodate lifting the playfield. Also imagine something dropping inside of the cabinet and falling onto the board ie loose parts or a ball dropping when you forget to clear the trough before lifting the playfield. That is a recipe for disaster!

There’s been many games with boards on the bottom of the cabinet, but they always have covers over them so that nothing falls on a board and shorts stuff out. It’s not ideal - but it’s not uncommon to see. The most recent I can recall having bottom cabinet boards are WoZ, Hobbit and Alien.

#9986 2 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Charlie is being so mean. Taking a pin that no one can order/buy.
Halloween fan: This is awesome, how do I get one?
Charlie: Well, you can't. We sold out.

Nitro is still showing “many in stock”:

36A3248B-C738-4472-8B34-E75828B78F2E (resized).png36A3248B-C738-4472-8B34-E75828B78F2E (resized).png

#9988 2 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Oh, I know Joe and Nitro still have them. Was just joking. Hopefully this can generate a sellout on the last few with distributors.

Yea - I think it will be a 100% sold out after this weekend. Hopefully a few non pinball horror fans can snag the few remaining.

#10092 2 years ago

I gave it an upvote as I appreciated the insight. It’s his initial take on the differences - what’s bad about that? It has more substance than 98% of the other posts on Pinside.

2 years later
#12738 5 months ago

"IX"

C'mon Bug - let's do this!!!

2 weeks later
#12838 5 months ago

Key concept for the next title: flow!

I'm stoked!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Gilbert, AZ
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Performance Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wilkes-barre, PA
$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

€ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Discos Pinball Mod Shop

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Rogers, AR
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

$ 17.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lermods

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinbald Mods

$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 238.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Damonator.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-2021-game-speculation-thread?tu=Damonator and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.