harley-quinn-legends-of-the-dark-knight-1_dc-comics_silo (resized).png
tumblr_ndd9vhv4uu1qedb29o1_500.gif
IMG_1836 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1833 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1832 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1125 Great outline of different types of buyers. Posted by mrclean (2 years ago)

Post #6466 First release video Posted by Borygard (2 years ago)

Post #7251 Led strip explanations Posted by SpookyLuke (2 years ago)

Post #9021 Spooky interview on podcast. July 12, 2021 Posted by ZMeny (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Completist.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#394 3 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Ok great. Thank you! That sales tax can be a killer. I will do some research and see what distributors are out there. Are a certain allotment set aside for distributors of the total once the early preorder goes live?

I don’t know that Spooky has to collect sales tax from out of state customers any different than distributors do. How it was explained to me was a distributor can sell “x” dollars worth to customers in any given State and once that is exceeded they have to collect it. That’s not something i made up, just passing along that tidbit of info i was told.

Now i don’t work for the IRS, nor am i an accountant. Nor do i give a shit what anyone does. but i think it’s worthwhile to mention that sales tax on new pins is always payable. Its a matter of if the seller collects and remits on your behalf or if you have to self declare and pay the taxes to your own State when you do your taxes. The latter of course being at your own discretion.

2 weeks later
#712 2 years ago

My guess is whatever the next title is - i’m in.

5078026C-4E19-42D9-8973-29456548A7ED (resized).jpeg5078026C-4E19-42D9-8973-29456548A7ED (resized).jpeg
#714 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Where's America's Most Haunted?

I’ve been looking for one for a long time. Never seem to find one a reasonable distance away. A couple in the marketplace for a good price but i dont wanna drive that far. And i’m too stubborn to ship a game.

#716 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Well now, that doesn't sound like much of a Spooky fan.
Pandemic road trip!
Or, just put a wanted ad in the Pinside marketplace.

Haha touché. I’m good for about 8hrs each way. Though last summer i drove all the way to wisconsin for a MM. i’m not above road trips by any means!

#722 2 years ago

Thanks everyone! I’ve been known to cave to peer pressure when its something i want to do anyway what kind of Completist would i be if i didn’t finish at least one collection??

Fwiw i think Spooky is going to knock the next one out of the park, regardless of theme. I mean you can’t just throw “more better” around haphazardly right?

1 week later
#1353 2 years ago

I think those look like sections of a centipede.

This movie was a little fuked up.

B77DAA75-068B-4B24-B4FF-0FDD33A68886 (resized).jpegB77DAA75-068B-4B24-B4FF-0FDD33A68886 (resized).jpeg
10 months later
#10657 2 years ago

I hope Spooky goes back to the single release model. Its not a poor concept. But as a someone who to this point owns all the Spooky titles i feel that i am missing games unless i buy both. I am in for Halloween but not for UM. What kind of Spooky collector will i be then. A failed one that’s who.

I was gonna say i cant have two identical layouts but then i’m like - what a hypocrite, MM and AFM are sitting next to each other lmao…. And before anyone chimes in and reminds me of Dominos or Jetsons they don’t count as Spooky releases despite them building them. My house my rules!

2 months later
#10905 1 year ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

Wait a minute. The original TNA isn't a full size pin?

It is a full sized pin. The length and width are standard for the cabinet and the head. Where it differs is in the depth (or height) at the rear of the cabinet. It is shallower and results in the overall height being about 5-6” lower. It was designed to replicate an early 80’s pin, with a single layer playfield that doesnt need the extra depth for things like ramps, upper playfields or the like.

1 month later
#10983 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Getting caught up on this thread. So far I’ve got …
Redoing TNA and putting it in a full size cabinet is great news. Many people will be interested, including self. I personally wish Scott would add the ramp and coding to make it 2.0 but he’s not listening.

No change to the cabinet, aside from using the newer generation backbox with the flip down display…

3 weeks later
#11185 1 year ago

Not here to pump or police the TNA 2.0 pricing, but i can say that in 2018 you had to add all your options on top of the base game. So i def wasn’t 6K out the door. In fact i looked up my invoice and got reminded that if you wanted the shaker and knocker you actually ordered them separately from PBL and had them shipped to Spooky. Powder wasn’t an option back then, nor were the lit drop targets. Now convert all that into 2022 dollars (via normal inflation not pinflation) and then do the comparison.

#11266 1 year ago

I took this 250 as bridging them to their next release (6 months? Think i read that timeline in a thread somewhere) while they also finished developing code for HWN/UM. Not so much in creating FOMO. I’m partially inferring this from the “not transferable to the title” policy which perhaps might be announced before they are all built.

Fwiw i own an original release and i find 9k hard to swallow so if i was on the other side of the fence i’d be upset too. No, this doesn’t make me as an owner happy for the favourable affect it may have on the value of my game. Im a collector not an investor.

I do remember reading threads about how many felt the distributors or manufacturers should be the ones benefiting from this market and not flippers. Basically what they did right? Has to be aggravating for all manufacturers to see people who contributed nothing making bank each time. Solved the flipper problem this time maybe. The majority of those commenting in the last 24hrs i feel are collectors too who actually wanted to own one at a different price point. So i feel for ya. No pitty for the lost opportunity flippers tho

#11301 1 year ago
Quoted from Tyler_Durden:

This is a great post but don't forget you have to pay the entire balance before they even build it. It's not like you pay and then they ship next day. You get the email about how they are gathering parts and so on and its time to pay up.

When you get the “gathering parts” email you don’t pay anything. They ask for your options and to confirm shipping address. That is all. You dont get the final invoice until your game is getting close to shipping and its pretty quick from there. You could say in that time (between final payment and shipping notification) your game was assembled but its not like you are waiting long. We’re talking a couple weeks.

#11363 1 year ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

$9k newer TNA 2.0 version absolutely devalues current TNA 1.0 machines. No one will want the old version any longer and now that people know that Spooky will make unlimited numbers of TNA, the used old version HUO TNA price is going to plummet.

On behalf of current TNA owners everywhere - we don’t care! I own TNA because it is awesome. Never contemplated selling it when the market on these apparently skyrocketed. Wasn’t even paying attention. Market value means very little to people who do not intend on selling their games. Which, after 5 years, these games have likely settled into the hands of people who actually want to own it.

People who don’t want an OG TNA because of the 2.0 will also not want a 2.0. It is the same game. Sure there is some bling that many of us did ourselves already or could if we wanted to.

I hope anyone who wants to have one in their collection can have one. For 9k or 6k, get the best deal you can. Only crocodile tears for the flippers. Can’t sell your 2k pre-order spot for 3k this time - life is so unfair isn’t it.

I think 9k is too high for TNA. I do no think mine is worth 9k. Of course i don’t think any of them are… there are better ways to “invest” your money.

#11371 1 year ago
Quoted from BasementFacts:

Just came back from viewing my receipt. The price sucks, but I did it anyway. Why? Because you'll never see a game like this from Stern or any other company. For me, value goes beyond BOM. It's how it makes you feel, and that is literally priceless (Hallmark moment). I appreciate the owners of 1.0 chiming in and saying they don't think it's worth $9k, as if they're somehow comforting us, but it's a little patronizing. You guys got in early, good for you. Unfortunately us late comers weren't so lucky and now we're paying the price. I'm fine with it for stuff I really want.

Certainly not my intent to be patronizing. I left out the next sentence where i said i dont think a GZ Premium is worth 9k either. Decided to delete because not trying to start a stern vs spooky thread. Despite that i am on a GZ waitlist lol.

For what its worth i would of ordered a 9k TNA 2.0 if i didn’t already have one. However you see the pitfall of an owner saying that - next are the accusations that i’m a spooky fanboy, price pumping my games blah blah. Which is why i left my previous comment. And the market on my TNA dropped by a grand when i first owned it and noone seemed to care about that! There was once upon a time when you took a bit of a bath on any NIB game. And you knew that when you bought it.

Congrats on getting a TNA! You’ll forget about the price when you hear the sweet beats pumping out if it

#11471 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Holy Moses that’s the lowest up down ratio I’ve seen on here LMAO. I’m a lunatic and I still have like 78% ups haha.

1 extra upvote for the lunatic comment. Cracked me up.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

Machine - For Sale
North Aurora, IL
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Mooshue's Market

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 80.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 45.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allen Park, MI
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Trade
Machine - For Trade
O'fallon, MO
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Protection
Gameroom Mods

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Completist.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-2021-game-speculation-thread?tu=Completist and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.