harley-quinn-legends-of-the-dark-knight-1_dc-comics_silo (resized).png
tumblr_ndd9vhv4uu1qedb29o1_500.gif
IMG_1836 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1833 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1832 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1125 Great outline of different types of buyers. Posted by mrclean (2 years ago)

Post #6466 First release video Posted by Borygard (2 years ago)

Post #7251 Led strip explanations Posted by SpookyLuke (2 years ago)

Post #9021 Spooky interview on podcast. July 12, 2021 Posted by ZMeny (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Coindork.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#24 3 years ago

I would buy pretty much all of the above mentioned themes.
Other main stream horror/sci-fi titles I think could be cool:
Swamp Thing
Phantasm
Toxic Avenger
Hellraiser
The Thing
Dawn of the dead
Shaun of the dead
Zombieland
The fifth element
Serenity
Blade Runner
War of the worlds
They live

Pretty much anything horror, sci-fi or monster related.
Whatever it is, I’m in.
Let me know when to send a deposit.

#46 3 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

benheck 's Bible Adventures

As crazy friggin wired as that sounds, I’ll be buying one if they make it.

1 month later
#82 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

If they get evil dead and campbell to do call outs. It would be so bloody awesome, also lots of great things in the movies usable in a pinball machine.

If it is Evil Dead I’m in 100%.
My wife would probably divorce me if I didn’t buy it.

All BS aside though, I’m pretty much down for whatever they have coming up. We have 3 Spooky at the moment and looking forward to adding a 4th.
Would still like to get a TNA if the right one presents itself as well.

1 month later
#130 3 years ago

I’m really looking forward to Spooky announcing whatever it is they are working on next.
With production of Rick and Morty nearing the finish line, should get interesting soon.

#156 3 years ago

I suspect it’s not going to be a re-release of TNA, at least not just yet.
On the last Spooky pinball podcast Bug and Charlie made the comment that they think people will be really surprised at what they are going to have to offer. Part of the conversation was about listening to customer feedback and improvements, but made me think maybe they have a really good theme/license or perhaps just a really good design in the pipeline.

I’m looking forward to whatever it is.
Assuming it’s going to be announced in the coming months when RNM if finishing up, it will probably be my only other NIB purchase this year as I blew my wad on GNR.

3 weeks later
#253 3 years ago

Just signed up for my 2021 Fang Club membership.

#273 3 years ago

Can someone post a link to the podcast?

#286 3 years ago

Whatever it is I would think we are going to hear something definitive sometime fairly soon.
Rick and Morty is nearing the end of production as people in the 700s are getting their build sheets.
I would think they would make an announcement before all the Rick and Morty are finished so they can go right into production of whatever’s next.

#329 3 years ago

As much as I really love all this speculation, I’m not 100% sold on any of them.
Don’t get me wrong, a lot of them sound awesome. They kept Rick and Morty a secret pretty well. I suspect this will be one of those “O my” moments when it’s finally announced.

#348 3 years ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

If it's legit either one of those my wife is gonna shit a brick with excitement. She was already hyped for SD - not sure she'd be able to believe Buffy.

Lol, I just showed that post to my wife.
She immediately said “TV series Buffy?, or Movie Buffy? It had better be TV Buffy”.
I personally do not think it’s Buffy, but that’s a really interesting concept.

2 weeks later
#653 2 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Man, you guys can take anything and turn it into Evil Dead.

To be fair, that’s kind of how it works in Evil Dead.

2 weeks later
#1641 2 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Details! Does it have flippers?

Heard a rumor it has 4 legs.

#1697 2 years ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

Best selling Pin of all time... took place in a house!

Dirty pool, old man!

#1713 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

That's Attack From Mars, when you lock a ball behind the gate.

It’s a quote from Gomez Addams in the movie during the fencing scene.
It is in Addams when you sneak a ball bast the bookcase, similar to the “you cheat Dr. Jones” call out in Indiana Jones when you put a ball in the Idol lock without hitting the drop targets first.
The quote originates from Addams.

#1764 2 years ago

What if the next game is Ben Heck the pinball machine.
I’ll bet the call outs would be amazing.

#1768 2 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

It would also try to convince everyone Bible Adventures and Duck Tales would be amazing.

It would probably also have a Deeproot bash toy.

#1774 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Ooohhh. Zipper flippers! YESSSSSS.

Thats a feature I would love to see brought back in some form.

1 week later
#2413 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

She'd need more than one beer for a bigger perspective.
LTG : )

That’s why I always use airline bottles in my comparisons.

#2777 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I still think somebody should make a Duck Tales pinball.

If someone was to go that route, why not just do Disney Afternoon?

#2951 2 years ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

[quoted image][quoted image]

I’m guessing that’s not it, but in the same breath I would say that a Megadeath pin will probably come to fruition at some point in time.
If and when it does, it will join my music lineup.

#3139 2 years ago
09E87B0A-192F-47BC-865B-3B5F6F3F473F (resized).jpeg09E87B0A-192F-47BC-865B-3B5F6F3F473F (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#3374 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Is Alice Cooper worth picking up? I don’t like buying a game without playing it first. My wife loves AC and monster movies. I wish they would announce already what the next pin is. Hate to miss out on an AC if it’s worth it.

I really like it.
Hard as hell, but really great and very satisfying when you get a good game in.
If pinball was billiards, then ACNC would be snooker.
It’s really about control and trying to be precise with your shots.
Pisses you off sometimes, but can also be very rewarding.
If you want to come over sometime and check it out, let me know.
Cheers
Kent

#3672 2 years ago

Anyone else thinking horseshoe around the drop target bank in the center?

#3841 2 years ago

I’m sitting at the airport in Barcelona waiting for my flight back home to Arizona.
I’m probably going to pay for internet access on the plane just so I can follow this if the release is actually today.

#3843 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

I'm working all night and sleeping through mid-day, they'll probably announce the game right after I hit the sack and it will be all sold out by the time I get up...doh!!!!

I don’t think it will go up for sale right when they an ounce it.
The announcement should be more of a reveal.
At least that’s how they did it last time, and the games went on sale at a future date.

#3949 2 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Disagree on this one. If you look at the "More Better video" you can clearly see ACNC on the line.
It is my understanding that they sold out of ALMOST all of these in the original run. They promised a max of 500 I think. They had a few spare parts left around and did a line of another 50 or so with what they had on hand to keep the line moving while they put together, tweak, and prepare to reveal their latest pin.
With that said, I am not an official source on any of this and am not affiliated with Spooky in any way (although I am an official member of their Fang club!).

That is not what they posted.
Spooky specifically said they have a handful of Alice Coopers that were allocated to a distributor that we’re never realized.
Yes they are new builds, in fact they even said that in their post that they are “on the line”.

Any speculation about these being made out of spare parts snd being machines outside the allocated production numbers is pure speculation.
I do not believe that to be true.

C36E461E-5420-4A78-84B5-C9E8AA90FA8A (resized).jpegC36E461E-5420-4A78-84B5-C9E8AA90FA8A (resized).jpeg
#4004 2 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

I have a gnat attention span, still hyped .
I’m looking forward to an August 13th release

To be fair, being that it’s Friday the 13th it’s quite possibly befitting.

#4244 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Although... In theory Charlie had on a Freddy fedora, a Jason hockey jersey, and luke well luke just had a T-Shirt on with Evil Dead 2... But what do you do for HALLOWEEN... you dress up which is what Charlie did.

Charlie almost always wears a fedora.

#4283 2 years ago

I feel like if some of you guys were in charge of a murder investigation a bunch on innocent people would be in jail.

#4288 2 years ago
Quoted from EalaDubhSidhe:

I'm hoping they've done something a bit more involving with the cellar holes on the left than just being three identical shots on one side. Some manner of power-based shot or secondary shooter where you have to get the ball into the right hole.

I was thinking it might be something more like the Pit Creature mode on Alice Cooper (which is awesome).
You basically shoot for the lighted shots to find out where he is bidding.
Either way, cant wait to see the release.

#4291 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

So..here's a question that's been rattling around in my head since the person posted pics of what they thought the PF looked like.
Other than Funhouse (which is only a skill shot) are there others that have shooters on the left? Also, why isn't actual shooters on the left a thing? Right hand biased designers??

DE GNR has a shooter lane on both sides.
The left side is only for Slash’s Snake Pit though.

#4304 2 years ago

I’m going to try plunging my skills shots with my left hand for a bit and see how it goes.
I think I’ll call it “the stranger plunge”.

Wonder if it has any effect if I sit on my hand first until it falls asleep first?

#4493 2 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

Spectrum…such a beautiful machine and an interesting concept. Kinda like Mastermind meets pinball in the future.
[quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

Spectrum really doesn’t have a shooter lane. Ball ejects from the middle.

#4525 2 years ago
Quoted from curban:

Yeah, I liked the movie but am really surprised by the fandom asking for it to be a pin. I put it at about the same level of appeal as romancing the stone, Allan quartermain and the lost city of gold, and the golden child…and ain’t nobody asking for them to be pins!

Hey now….
The Golden Child is fucking hilarious.

#4574 2 years ago

Perfect theme for Spooky, congrats.

Haven’t told the wife yet, but I already know she is going to want one.

#5100 2 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

And why the fuck should I care what Cary and Kenada think.
Why the fuck should anyone care what Cary and Kenada think.
Why the fuck should we care what ANY podcaster thinks.
Have they played the game? Yeah, I didn't think so.
I have and dare I say, this is Spooky's best layout so far!
And there were two others playing with me and Chuck, and they thought the same thing.
Maybe I should start a podcast.

Key post right there.

#7046 2 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

95% of the pinball market didn't even know what Rick and Morty was until it was announced and look at how well that did. Ultraman is huge in the anime and the Japanese culture. Ultraman literally started the Super Sentai(Power Rangers) franchise. Spooky could sell thousands of games just in the Japanese market alone.

#7093 2 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Why did Spooky pick Ultraman thou? I believe it to be somewhat better known in Canada, probably even more so on the Quebec side. But in the US?

It’s more of a personal thing for Charlie & family.
Making a theme that’s near and dear to their hearts.
I think it’s pretty cool what they are doing.

#7625 2 years ago

Got me a Halloween CE!!!!!!!

This will be our 5th Spooky pin.

#7814 2 years ago

I just doubled down and put a deposit on an Ultraman CE as well as a Halloween CE.
Fuck it, you only live once.

Wife is either going to slap me upside the head or want to blow me.
Crossing my fingers for the latter.

#8119 2 years ago

Told the wife we bought both, lol.

A37DA8C2-D127-4D64-8CBA-903BF9417F49 (resized).pngA37DA8C2-D127-4D64-8CBA-903BF9417F49 (resized).png

86B06D4E-157D-4A56-8C89-6E5E973295B9 (resized).png86B06D4E-157D-4A56-8C89-6E5E973295B9 (resized).png

#8132 2 years ago
Quoted from dr_nybble:

He's got 44 machines, I think she's used to it by now.
And 0 "owned in the past", a man after my own heart.

Yep, key part of her first text is “our order”.

11 months later
#10896 1 year ago

Just now getting caught up this thread.
Hope TNA 2.0 comes to fruition.
Been holding off buying a TNA since I first heard this rumor in hopes for 2.0.
I’m in for one for certain.

1 month later
#10970 1 year ago

Waiting patiently to see what’s In the pipeline.
Thinkin it’s time to start making a second Spooky row across from these.

5429DAB2-50A7-45A7-8EC9-A027DE447255 (resized).jpeg5429DAB2-50A7-45A7-8EC9-A027DE447255 (resized).jpeg
#11009 1 year ago
Quoted from JackG:

Is there any chance there would be a rerun of Rick & Morty?

Nope.
Charlie has stated it several times that the license was for 750 and that’s it, no more.
Not sure why Pinside says 751? Maybe they are counting Scott’s prototype machine?

#11026 1 year ago
Quoted from SuperMica:

In 2021 Adult Swim asked Spooky to make one additional as a grand prize for their festival. https://www.adultswim.com/footer/legal/asfrickandmortypinballgiveaway.html

Oh, gotcha.
Thanks, I did not know that.

4 weeks later
#11424 1 year ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Thousands, even!

Last I heard it was in the millions, but then again I read that on an online forum where nothing is backed by facts.

#11426 1 year ago

If this guy can chop firewood with no arms, I’m pretty sure he can mow his own lawn pretty easily.
Returning a lawnmower because you lost your arms is a pussy move.
D97A62F7-CE2D-4418-BC90-E70D5C18D233 (resized).jpegD97A62F7-CE2D-4418-BC90-E70D5C18D233 (resized).jpeg

EDIT: I really want to see a video of him using that chainsaw sitting on the ground there.

#11437 1 year ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Not trying to start anything here, just reporting what’s being said from a podcast just broadcasted. (Removed your name, since you redacted it from above.)

I see.
You heard something on a pinball podcast, so it must be true.

#11442 1 year ago
Quoted from 30FathomDave:

This. Podcasts are bullshit. That said... I have one. We talk horror movies.
This is our latest episode, and it kicks off with a quick chat about the pin... which I own.. and dig.

My wife listens to your podcast religiously Dave.
Good stuff.

#11444 1 year ago
Quoted from 30FathomDave:

Also... I see our episode title is misspelled.
Quality control has really slipped of late...

Not gonna lie.
Trish and I have watched a bunch of random horror movies after she watched you guys review them.
We just finished watching the new Candyman a couple days ago (which was awesome by the way).

Santa Jaws on the other hand I about pissed my pants laughing.

#11449 1 year ago
Quoted from Tyler_Durden:

It's a design thing, if you have 3 cabinets and the 4th is smaller for any reason, it looks out of place, it looks less than. I know a lot of people don't care.

By that statement you are only collecting machines based on the cabinet shape/size?
So that rules out pretty much all EM games because the cabinets are smaller, SEGA pins with the curved head box, possible American Pinball with their odd head box, classic Sterns, most alpha numeric and numeric solid states, Primus/Pabst/Whoa Nellie and a ton of others.
I guess Pinball Circus is totally screwed.

#11467 1 year ago

Movie night in Nee Zealand sounds awesome.

#11486 1 year ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

How about
1) option to put in real name
2) option to add picture of actual self
3) some sort of verification of 1 & 2
4) Key: option to auto-ignore anyone missing those three things
All optional, and see where it goes... I guess it would either take off or it wouldn’t.
I would hope it would, as most pinball people are genuine and friendly.

You can already do 1 and 2 as an option.
You can even put in your exact address and the Pinside map will pinpoint where you live, should you choose to do so.

#11519 1 year ago
Quoted from Tyler_Durden:

I think some people are missing the point. I don't recall large LCD screens on 80s games, modern synthwave, or led light shows. SO some modern upgrades you are okay with, some fusion is ok for you. My original point was, how could this be improved in a future 3.0 version, and why is this not sold out for a game so hyped?
From these negative posts no one seems to have a clue other then "priced too high", no ideas good or bad, it's easy to trash ideas when you don't have any, and that is why I guess it wont happen, because from a business standpoint I don't know how you ever consider a 3.0 if 2.0 struggles to sell out of what you might consider the smallest run feasible. I do think that is sad because TNA is far better then a TS4 or whatever heavy plastic decal overloaded pin stern is pushing.

For me it’s a matter of bad timing financially.
I’m fixin to drop 25k on a new tractor and probably another 6-8k on a hydraulic dump trailer and the timing is just off. I’m not really bitching about the price, rather I just have other pressing commitments I need to take care of right now.
I’m going to buy one, just not in the next month or so.

#11520 1 year ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I much prefer the original movie to the TV show.
But hey - it was created and filmed here so I’m probably biased.
Dunno what happened to the planned Swear Wolves follow up movie. I guess Taika is to busy these days!
Fun Fact - one of my good buddies went to school with all those guys down in Wellington. Taika, Jermaine, a bunch of successful creative types were all in the same class at school.
rd

My wife and I feel the same.
We absolutely adore the movie, but had a hard time with the series.
I know a lot of people really like the series, so maybe we should give it another try.
That said, the movie set the bar so high and was such a perfect flick that it’s really hard to compact the two.

#11546 1 year ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

Bug is there a chance that there will be another John Carpenter movie as a future release?
Hopefully Ben was trolling us when he said that there will not.

Considering several of the Spooky crew were calling one of their puppies Snake Plisskin, I’m crossing my fingers that there’s a chance.

#11563 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Evil Dead is hardly 'recently overhyped'. Texas Chainsaw is overrated on many levels and blah.
I'd rather have a Psycho Goreman pin than that, at least it has some personality.

Exactly.
Evil Dead is a classic and has had a major following for as long as I can remember.

#11574 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

The Links Awakening remake is soooo good. Really liked its unique art take. Also just a very good Zelda game

My son and I played the hell out of it when it first came out. Really captured the vibe and feel of the original Legend of Zelda.
Great game.

4 months later
#12170 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Could be a reference to one of the finest films ever made, if we’re lucky.
[quoted image]

My wife loves that movie.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Mooshue's Market

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 80.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 45.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Monson, MA
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
Woodinville, WA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Protection
Gameroom Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Coindork.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-2021-game-speculation-thread?tu=Coindork and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.