harley-quinn-legends-of-the-dark-knight-1_dc-comics_silo (resized).png
tumblr_ndd9vhv4uu1qedb29o1_500.gif
IMG_1836 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1833 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1832 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1125 Great outline of different types of buyers. Posted by mrclean (2 years ago)

Post #6466 First release video Posted by Borygard (2 years ago)

Post #7251 Led strip explanations Posted by SpookyLuke (2 years ago)

Post #9021 Spooky interview on podcast. July 12, 2021 Posted by ZMeny (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Charlemagne1987.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#164 3 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

[quoted image]

Can you imagine the call outs on a Rodney Dangerfield pin? Talk about hilarious!!!

1 week later
#221 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

No.
It was on Charlie's page. You might have to be his friend to see it if his page is set to private.
LTG : )

OMG! If you’re not hitting us with an April Fools joke you just made my day. JAWS is my dream theme, but I’ve been worried that Stern would just “phone it in”. If it’s done by Spooky I know it will be awesome. But they’ll have to greatly expand their production line. 750 units of JAWS simply won’t cut it.

#225 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Why not give us the good JJP news now too or are you waiting to wade into that thread to confirm? It blows my mind. JJP IS or IS NOT going to remake POTC LE !!! 2021 is shaping up to be a great year for potential pinball machines.

Based on what Eric M. said in a recent podcast it seems pretty unlikely that JJP will rerun Pirates.

#228 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Too much time wasted talking about @hawkmo

LTG might not be April fooling, but SpookyCharlie probably was.

That’s what I was thinking too.

2 weeks later
#338 3 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

I thought the people who owned and commissioned the Jetsons game had the Scooby-Doo rights. I think they were planning on that being their 2nd game to be manufactured by Spooky, but designed by the Jetsons people.

You're talking about The Pinball Company out of Missouri. I heard the same thing.

#403 2 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Nobody should be bummed...the new Spooky pin could be any theme...but the great thing is....it’s a Spooky Pinball!!!

Agreed. Spooky is awesome and whatever theme they do next I’m sure it will kick ass.

3 weeks later
#1497 2 years ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

Looking at that teaser pic....maybe they picked up on my idea to create a pin based on the legend of King Arthur. A world-famous unlicensed theme. Possibly focusing on the adventures of Merlin. Halloween would be my top choice, but no one has the balls to make it. Too dark, too brutal, too bloody.

I've been saying this forever. A KING ARTHUR pin, done right, would be awesome. Even if Deeproot wasn't a giant dumpster fire, I wouldn't want the Merlin's Arcade they're talking about because it seems too childish. I'd like to see an Arthurian pin that is at least somewhat true to the original stories, not some goofy Disney-esque thing.

#1523 2 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

I guess I was just born a few years too early (1970). He-Man does nothing for me. I remember it being on, but never watched it and had no interest in it. I think it was just below my age bracket at the time. But I know it was popular as there were lots of toys and the show was on for a long time if I remember correctly. Same way I feel about TMNT. Nada...
I am sure Spooky would do it justice and would be a hot seller for them, but theme is a big thing for me and MOTU does not interest me in the least. Which of course is fine, because then I would not have to move a pin I don't want to sell... lol

You described how I feel about MOTU to a tee. Maybe that’s because I was born in 1969.

2 weeks later
#2449 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Did Benheck nix everything suggested. Except PTC ?
Hmmmmm...................
LTG : )

There’s a PTC for sale in the marketplace right now. $2900 OBO. No need to keep wishing. Your dreams can come true today!

2 weeks later
#3661 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Is it Jaws ? With Chris Franchi Art ?
[quoted image]

That would be awesome. And Spooky would be the best manufacturer for it. But doesn’t Stern hold the Jaws license? And with a title that big I would think they’d need to make more than 1000 games.

6 months later
#10465 2 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Come on Spooky... you know Weird AL would do great callouts.and has a huge catalogue to pull from. I want a multiball song!
[quoted image]

A Weird Al pin from Spooky would be awesome and a definite buy from me even if I’d have to sell something to make the room.

#10468 2 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

Deadflip (JD) works for Stern. “Stern Pinball” is literally linked in the screen grab. Al is playing a Stern pin.
You do realize this has nothing to do with Spooky, right?

Why does that matter? He’s playing pinball. Who cares who the manufacturer is? The point is that Al apparently has an interest in pinball. It’s highly doubtful that Stern would do a Weird Al pin, but it would be quirky enough to be in Spooky’s wheelhouse. I think that’s what he was trying to say.

2 weeks later
#10517 2 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I can see Spooky making 2.0 "Between" releases. Finish out the Halloween/Ultraman build, switch over to building TNA 2.0 while announcing that they will be making Weird Al's Pinball Party (WAP) / Futurama. This gives them time to build TNA 2.0 while polishing code and letting Weird Al finish his custom callouts.

Weird Al's Pinball Party would be awesome! I vote that and Scooby-Doo

#10527 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Did weird Al have to license the music he made? If so getting his licensing to his music and then the licensing to their music as parody might be a problem but I have no idea?

No, he didn’t. He has stated many times that he didn’t have to get permission from artists to parody their songs, but out of respect for them he always did. Some artists, like Prince, did not want him to parody their music so he didn’t do it. But he legally could have.

#10536 2 years ago
Quoted from damadczar:

I kinda want Spooky to put out a game I'm not interested in, just so I can take a break from buying one every time they come out with a new game. You know?
That being said, UHF is one of my top contenders for a buy it immediately pin. As is Evil Dead. Beetlejuice. Fifth Element. Monty Python.
[quoted image]

I assume you have Halloween on order?

1 month later
#10658 2 years ago
Quoted from Completist:

I hope Spooky goes back to the single release model. Its not a poor concept. But as a someone who to this point owns all the Spooky titles i feel that i am missing games unless i buy both. I am in for Halloween but not for UM. What kind of Spooky collector will i be then. A failed one that’s who.
I was gonna say i cant have two identical layouts but then i’m like - what a hypocrite, MM and AFM are sitting next to each other lmao…. And before anyone chimes in and reminds me of Dominos or Jetsons they don’t count as Spooky releases despite them building them. My house my rules!

Your house, your rules…and I happen to agree with them. Spooky’s contract games don’t count for a Spooky line-up because they didn’t have free reign to build the games they wanted to. Spooky is a great company with great originality.

2 months later
#10839 1 year ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

So is Scooby Doo going to be the next Spooky title?

According to Kaneda it is. Take that for what it’s worth.

1 month later
#10962 1 year ago
Quoted from somenerd:

All these TNA re-run rumblings have made me finally pull the trigger on a Fang Club membership for the next year. Hopefully there'll be an "official" announcement soon; feels like they're getting geared up to announce it (especially after hearing what Scott was saying on the LoserKid Pinball podcast). Keeping my fingers crossed.

I almost joined the Fang Club today for a similar reason. I’m not interested in TNA though. I want a Scooby-Doo pin. I’ll join the club if I can be reasonably confident that Scooby is coming in the near future.

1 month later
#11283 1 year ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Well if they sell all 250 TNA their pricing was acceptable for the game, if not they'll know for the next title.

Yup. Let me market decide. I think that’s currently happening with TS4. Their less-than-expected sales will (hopefully) tell JJP that their prices are too high.

#11345 1 year ago
Quoted from SLRage:

These whiny b****** are the outliers and not the norm! I freaking love my Halloween and she ain’t going nowhere so……I couldn’t care less about the flippers losing money!
It’s got a ways to go to become flawless but I’ve met the Spooky crew, there good guys are will not let us down.
See yourselves out crybabies

I don’t get all the Spooky hate either. I love this company. I bought my ACNC second hand, called Spooky when I had trouble connecting the limited edition factory topper. Even though I didn’t buy direct from them they were very patient with me and walked me through it, even sending me some connector parts free of charge. Plus I LOVE this pin. I wouldn’t hesitate to buy from Spooky again. They have incredible customer service and great products.

#11347 1 year ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Try doing that with a second hand Stern pin.
People love Stern but they don't know what real customer service is like.

Absolutely. I’ve been saying the same thing.

3 weeks later
#11635 1 year ago
Quoted from Daditude:

As an aside... it looks like I am closing in on a deal for my favorite spooky game, Alice Cooper

Congratulations. I love my AC. I can’t see myself ever getting rid of it. I’ve played and enjoyed all the Spooky games, but there’s something special about AC.

2 months later
#12020 1 year ago

I’d be in on a Goonies. But I’ve had two dream theme for years now. One is Scooby-Doo. The other is Jaws. I used to think Spooky was too small to handle something like Jaws, but once they pull off 1969 Scooby games (yes, I ordered a CE on day one) then they will have convinced me they could handle a property as big as I believe Jaws would be. I would think 2,500 to 3,000 Jaws games would be realistic.

#12030 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

See I'd want the original Jumanji, but without Robin Williams maybe the remakes are the better choice. I haven't seen them. I do have 11 year old twin girls. Maybe I'll add them to our family movie night list.

So I’ve got a Scooby on order as well as a Bond and a CCr. I’m pretty much tapped out for the foreseeable future. THAT’S why I’m hoping Spooky doesn’t do a Jumanji pin. In Spooky’s hands it would be an incredible game, but I can’t buy it. Then again, I’d probably find a way to do it. Oh, the struggle!!!!

#12038 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

I'd really really like to do this one. Would make such a great game. I am not sure if the sales would be there but I would love one!

Obviously I’m urging you to do Jumanji, but you already know how awesome it could be. The larger point I want to make is that THIS is one of the reasons I love your company. Your willingness to chime in on our comments/your regular presence within the community is something other manufacturers should emulate. It certainly makes you guys stand out. Keep it up!

1 week later
#12097 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

I think this is something we are really excited to show people over the next few years. We have really done the work behind the scenes. We have been working triple time gathering titles, designing those games, and getting completed Whitewoods in programmers hands years in advance. It's something that will take time to show the results of but we have made huge investments into the future over these last 18 months. As a company Spooky was always developing 1 game at a time in the past and it often left things at a disadvantaged timeline. Rebuilt that process from the ground up and have alot better handle on the future now.

It’s so great to hear this. This hobby needs Spooky for many reasons, not the least of which is your innovation and unique, unconventional themes. It’s reassuring to know you guys have a long-term plan for future games.

1 week later
#12127 1 year ago
Quoted from benheck:

Sorry Bible Adventures is going to be 100% serious, but not in a lame Sunday School or Bible thumper way. More like "Cecil b demille meets God of War"
Wish I has the drive and energy I once did, I could do it nights and weekends like AMH.

When I first heard this theme was being considered I thought it would be done as some kind of mockery of the Bible, which I would personally find offensive. But if it’s done respectfully in a “DeMille meets God of War” way I think it could be fantastic. There certainly are plenty of really cool action stories, particularly in the Old Testament, to draw from. I just ask that you don’t make it disrespectful to people’s beliefs.

#12129 1 year ago
Quoted from benheck:

Yup. I think it would make a fantastic pin. All the stories are based on numbers and repetition. The rules write themselves!

I hope you get a chance to make it.

4 months later
#12385 11 months ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Based on some target images on Halloween, something to do with Meatloaf is coming. I wish it were the food, not the dude.

Of the last two themes mentioned, I’d definitely prefer Goonies. But I could see Meatloaf being really cool…especially if they titled it Bat out of Hell rather than Meatloaf. And they should try to get rights to the album artwork

1 month later
#12469 10 months ago

Princess Bride in Spooky’s hands would be incredible. In my opinion, Spooky would be the best manufacturer to handle this property. Their originality, obvious love of pinball and willingness to think outside the box would make Princess Bride something special. There is so much they could do with that theme: all the adventure, humor, romance and call outs. Whimsical and fun like Medieval Madness, it would be one theme both my wife and I would be able to agree on. And let me add, Andre the Giant on a pinball machine that ISN’T Wrestlemania - hell, yeah! Make it happen!!!

#12495 10 months ago

I go back to what I said before. Princess Bride has all the material necessary for a fun, whimsical, adventurous pin. I’m envisioning something like Medieval Madness. I’m not thinking in terms of nostalgia. I’m thinking in terms of movie content. Done right, it could be a really fun pin.

2 weeks later
#12520 9 months ago

Westworld started off great, but it lost me as the seasons progressed. It just got way too weird. The concept was awesome though. And I loved the old movie starring Yul Brenner when I was a kid.

1 month later
#12584 8 months ago

I just read that they’re remaking The Toxic Avenger and it’ll be starring Peter Dinklage and Kevin Bacon. Now THAT would be a perfect pin for Spooky to make.

1 month later
#12678 6 months ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

Does Spooky have Jaws license?
I’m hearing callouts in Scooby that make me think of jaws.”we’re going to need a bigger van”

All indication is NO. Jaws will most likely be Stern’s next cornerstone game.

#12680 6 months ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

lol I would love for Spooky to have Jaws just to see the collective meltdowns

Since Jaws is a dream theme for me, I’d also be cool with Spooky having the license. IMO they completely nailed Scooby. I have no doubt they’d do a great job on Jaws. Then again, Elwin is reportedly on Jaws…so I’m totally cool with that. I just want someone to do a kickass job on my dream theme. I already have a spot in my gameroom reserved for it.

1 week later
#12708 6 months ago

I’ve been saying it for a while now…and many others have to…but a STEPHEN KING pin incorporating villains from all his major hits would be the ultimate. To my knowledge, there’s never been a pin based on an author, but no writer’s work is better suited to pinball, particularly Spooky Pinball, than King’s. And they can create their own renditions of the characters rather than those used in the films and television shows…thereby avoiding those particular licenses/costs. C’mon Spooky…this is the theme for you!!!!

#12718 6 months ago
Quoted from chriscable34:

I know I am probably a minority with this but I wish Spooky could do Harry Potter. I think they would do a killer job. I use to think jjp would be great but honestly with TS screw up, I wouldn't trust they would do it justice.

I think Spooky would absolutely kill Harry Potter. In fact, they’d probably be the best manufacturer for it. But I think the license would be way more than they’d want to spend, and it would likely be a huge seller in numbers they’re not used to producing.

1 week later
#12725 6 months ago
Quoted from Knapp_Arcade:

This has been mentioned in the past as a potential theme for an upcoming Spooky Pinball machine, so I figured that I'd mention this new development here. I'm not sure what to think about it...
An Elaborate Prank or is The Princess Bride Pinball is Coming?
https://www.knapparcade.org/post/an-elaborate-prank-or-another-new-pinball-machine-coming
[quoted image]

Oh boy, here we go. So many people joined the debate over Spooky doing this title the last time around. I was one of the one’s arguing that it could be awesome. I envision a new Princess Bride pin to be like Medieval Madness…fun, adventurous, quirky, etc. and Spooky would do a great job on it. But I said all that before knowing anything about BoF or Labyrinth. By the looks of it, this new pin steals all that thunder. Now a Princess Bride pin would come across almost like a Labyrinth knock off.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

5,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Lexington, KY
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wilkes-barre, PA
$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 11.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

7,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 49.99
$ 13,500.00
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 100.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Charlemagne1987.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-2021-game-speculation-thread?tu=Charlemagne1987 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.