harley-quinn-legends-of-the-dark-knight-1_dc-comics_silo (resized).png
tumblr_ndd9vhv4uu1qedb29o1_500.gif
IMG_1836 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1833 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1832 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1125 Great outline of different types of buyers. Posted by mrclean (2 years ago)

Post #6466 First release video Posted by Borygard (2 years ago)

Post #7251 Led strip explanations Posted by SpookyLuke (2 years ago)

Post #9021 Spooky interview on podcast. July 12, 2021 Posted by ZMeny (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Calfdemon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10 3 years ago
Quoted from ausretrogamer:

Isn’t the Ben Heck (Spooky & CGC collaboration) pin next?

That was what I thought as well. I thought Spooky's next new game was going to be run on the CGC line and the Spooky line was going to do the TNA rerun. Unless that all changed?

2 months later
#100 3 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

The idea that you have to do so many "fixes" and the bass rattle, and the fan noise, flipper cooling fans, pf issues galore! The ship has sailed on this title!!

Broken record from someone who has never physically owned the game and has bashed Spooky from the start.

#106 3 years ago

I know it's been mentioned before, but I just have to say that I hope it's NOT Evil Dead / Army of Darkness. I do not have room for any more pins!!

#118 3 years ago

I'm fairly certain he knows that RZ is Rob Zombie. I believe he was blasting Hawkmoon for slamming Rick & Morty when he has never owned one. When HM responded with the fact he had a RZ, Guitarted inquired as to whether he has a Rick & Zorty since he keeps talking shit (in multiple threads) about a game he has never owned.

Gotta follow along here folks... Lol

#125 3 years ago

Every time I read the mention of "Killer artwork", it just leads me back to Killer Klowns from Outer Space.

91LNJcSDcCL._SL1500_ (resized).jpg91LNJcSDcCL._SL1500_ (resized).jpg
#141 3 years ago
Quoted from oneballjab:

Agree 100%, let’s stop with the absurd titles now people.
You’re right this would be a good fit for Spooky, Fingers crossed![quoted image]

Toad Warrior?!? Well, I raise you Frogtown with Rowdy Roddy Piper!

images (resized).jpegimages (resized).jpeg
#173 3 years ago
Quoted from oneballjab:

WOW! They made three of these.
Any pin made on this property would have to include all three movies.
Might be expensive to license the Turkey Trilogy, but I’d be worth it Haha[quoted image]

I am actually loving this thread!! Doing searches of these movies revealed that the Toad Warrior movie you posted is actually movie #3 in the Frogtown trilogy which I did not know was a trilogy!! I posted Hell comes to Frogtown not knowing. Now I have to find Return to Frogtown and finally watch Toad Warrior which has Jill Kelly in it (not that I know who THAT is.. ).

#174 3 years ago

Ok, how about some Rollergator multiball? This might give RAZA a run for its money!

Rollergator_Poster (resized).jpgRollergator_Poster (resized).jpg

And then of course, this classic...

images (resized).jpgimages (resized).jpg
#203 3 years ago

I think part of the plot (from what I read) in Thankskilling 3 is they are trying to get the last copies of Thankskilling 2 back.

Anyway, another classic movie that is actually worth watching is Rubber. Trust me, don't give up and keep watching. It keeps getting better and after watching it, you will think "what the hell did I just watch" and then watch it again. It gets better each time you watch it because you understand more and its hilarious!

images (resized).jpegimages (resized).jpeg

No matter how bad you want to turn it off in the first 15 minutes, don't... You will be (should be) happy you stuck it out!

#214 3 years ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

I like to think I’m fairly knowledgeable as far as horror movies go and subscribe to Rue Morgue and Horror Hound.
I just looked up the movie Rubber as I never heard of it. Very interesting and can’t wait to see it.

I am not quite sure it reaches the level of horror, but it is definitely an interesting and fun watch. And just so you know, it's going to be in color. (you will laugh later).

1 week later
#218 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

So I watched this..definitely a WTF did I just watch. I can't say it was...good...but it was just f'd up enough to make me keep watching to try to figure out what was going on. Pretty sure the idea board came from all those videos of random rolling tires coming out of nowhere and taking people out.

There are some great one liners in that movie and just subtle enough humor that many might not pick up on just watching it once. The thought of the tire watching a NASCAR race caught me funny. I watched it with my daughter several years ago and after she just stared at me with that WTF face. But she ended up watching it again later and now pushes it on all her friends so she can get that same face from them. But its one of those movies that you definitely enjoy more the second time around. Been a few years since I watched it, so might have to give it a watch again someday soon for a good laugh...

2 weeks later
#342 3 years ago

I heard they have leaked it as Scooby Doo as their code name while they develop a game we have all been waiting for... Scott Danesi's Haunted House Party!!

#389 3 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

So you have to order by phone only to preorder? And do they charge sales tax also?

You can order by phone or *TRY* to order online. But they were so bombarded with orders online for R&M when the window opened that their server pretty much slowed to a crawl and just about crashed. Yes, they charge sales tax, but you can also order from an authorized distributor and there are some who may not charge tax.. Just saying...

#391 3 years ago

So some distributors will get some then? I assume those are just standard editions and in order to get yours customized like R&M bloodsucker edition you need to go directly through Spooky. Thanks for your help. I don’t want to miss out in case it is Scooby Doo, my wife would not be happy.

No, you can get any options and all editions through any of Spooky's distros also... They sell direct and through distributors such as PinballSTAR, Kingpin, and others. There is a list of their distributors somewhere. Maybe on Spooky's site. But when the order window opens, you can order from anyone of them.

#405 3 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Been wondering myself. I ordered and I have received nothing..No emails, nothing in the mail...Not sure how the Fang club works. It is a bit confusing..

It is just a support club and you will get a Fang Club kit in the mail eventually with this year's swag. I believe originally, there was going to be occasional YouTube content for Fang Club members as well but not sure that ever happened. As for the early access, you will have to be a Fang Club member at the time of ordering (from Spooky or a distributor) in order to get a game during the early access window. Those that were not members and were waiting for R&M were out of luck since it sold out in 4 hours.

Of course, there is always the option to join the Fang Club immediately and then order a game, which is what many did. But in a nutshell, that is how it worked last time.

I have zero interest in buying the next game (already 1 game over my space limit and none I want to get rid of), but rejoined the club just to support my favorite pinball company! Of course, if they announce Evil Dead/Army of Darkness with Bruce Campbell on board, I will have to rethink my lineup...

#412 3 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I'm searching for a GIF of a pinball being tossed out a window. If I was in your shoes that would be the Judge Dredd. Okay game, but I'd give it up in a heartbeat for a new Spooky title.

Well, I know JD is an okay game to some, but it is a grail theme for me as I was a huge JD comic fan back in the 80's and I love the game. And since the JD game that is currently being done in the HEP thread is mine, I can promise you that this JD will never leave my collection.

No... Scared Stiff would be on the chopping block if I had to get rid of one.

#496 2 years ago
Quoted from cloggedDrain:

I will pay whatever they want for Evil Dead / Army of Darkness. I will send Spooky a blank check and/or my first born.

I will do the same. Not sure how I will get your first born to send to them, but I can figure out the blank check part at least!

I also will have to move a pin or 2 of Evil Dead/Army of Darkness is announced!

#512 2 years ago
Quoted from simpswho:

Me thinking you are all NUTS! Blank checks first born isn't the price of these games outrageous enough without giving the manufacturer confidence you like it without the lube .

I'm not giving away my first born, I'm giving away cloggedDrain 's kid!! And that isn't for whatever is next, that is for an Evil Dead / Army of Darkness pin!! Very specific...

#521 2 years ago

Damn once per year?? I thought the post office was slow. Thanks for the information.

They actually only send out a Fang Club pack once a year as every year they have new swag (as it was explained when they created it. This is only the 2nd year). Once they get it all in, they sort it out and package it up to the members and do one mass mailing. Word is they are already receiving this years swag, so hopefully the packages will be going out in the near future. Last year, they mailed the Fang Club packages out all at once also.

#603 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Evil Dead 2 then Army of Darkness, then if you like them Ash vs. Evil dead (TV series 3 seasons). And if you REALLY like them go back and watch Evil Dead 1. The reason being Evil Dead 2 is basically a remake of Part 1, but expanded with more story and just better overall. But Evil Dead 1 was less campy(?) and more low budget horror for the time.
The end of ED2 goes directly into AoD, so I do recommend watching part 2 before AoD.
One other thing to note. There is a 3rd 'remake' in 2013 called Evil Dead. This is not the movie we are talking about. It is not campy, it is straight up horror/gore. It's not bad for what it is, and there's even a short cameo, but it can cause some confusion.

Exactly this!

Evil Dead 2, then Army of Darkness. If you enjoyed that ride, then watch Ash Vs. Evil Dead series. Once you are a full fan, then go watch Evil Dead 1 and the remake...

And just a note... Even if Evil Dead 2 is not completely your cup of tea, STILL watch Army of Darkness after. While it follows the ED2 story, it can stand on its own and is actually more of a Medieval slapstick comedy, while ED2 is more of a horror comedy. So, related but different.

#607 2 years ago
Quoted from rolandthoms:

And then after you’ve watched them all, you will (a) watch one or more of them annually and (b) drop one-liners to your wife like “gimme some sugar, baby” as foreplay. This leads to a lot of “eye rolling”from wife which you will feed off of. You will then purchase a bunch of Evil Dead/AoD shit that you don’t need which will lead to a lot more “eye rolling”. The cycle continues and her respect for you erodes as she says “does anybody even watch these movies? “. But alas, you will be vindicated as you wheel the New Spooky pinball into your game room and say “Hail to the king, baby “. She will drop into your arms with lust in her eyes.

"Alright you Primitive Screwheads, listen up! You see this? This... is my boomstick! The twelve-gauge double-barreled Remington. S-Mart's top of the line. You can find this in the sporting goods department. That's right, this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Retails for about a hundred and nine, ninety five. It's got a walnut stock, cobalt blue steel, and a hair trigger. That's right. Shop smart. Shop S-Mart. You got that?"

And when talking one liners to the wife, how can one forget "First you want to kill me, now you want to kiss me. Blow."

So many great one liners forever etched into the walls of my mind!

#609 2 years ago

I mean it when I say that I REALLY hope they do not make Evil Dead / AoD right now. I have limited space (already 1 game over) and just forked out a buttload of money to HEP and made final payment on R&M in March. I really do not want to sell any pins at the moment. ED/AoD is a 100% must buy for me and it will force me to sell some games before I want to.

SS is already close to going out the door and ACNC would be the next to go even though I absolutely love that game! But for fuck's sake, it's Evil Dead/Army of Darkness. Sacrifices will have to be made. I really want Spooky to make it, but maybe in a year or so... lol

#611 2 years ago

Yeah...

I bought that as a gift for the wife and it is bolted to the floor. It's her baby. Otherwise, it would go before ACNC for sure. But alas. Happy wife, happy life. I can rotate the other titles as I see fit although she is surprisingly in love with R&M now, as am I. 1st world problems...

#705 2 years ago

There is no such a thing as "overselling" fang club memberships. The Fang Club is open to anyone and is for the swag and to support Spooky pinball. The chance to buy a game 2 weeks early is only part of it and an added benefit. If that in your sole reason for joining, then I can see why you would want memberships limited so you are guaranteed a game, but that's not how it works. There are plenty that join for other reasons. Personally, I joined again and have no intentions of buying the new game (unless it is ED/AoD).

So accusing Spooky of "overselling" an unlimited membership is pretty dumb. Either join or don't, and good luck when the game goes on sale.

#873 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Not what I was talking about, but it's not important.

I got it at least... It didn't go over everyone's head.

#903 2 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

ATTENTION BEN HECK... You don’t have to tell us the next title just tell us one thing and we’ll leave you alone.
HAS ANYONE on this thread actually guessed the next title.
That’s all nothing more. Did someone anyone guess the title. That isn’t too much to ask for.

Let's rephrase this question because everyone in this thread has guessed the next title. Has anyone actually guessed correctly?

Just trying to close any loopholes here

#924 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

I think they made the Jetsons? but maybe I am wrong... I can live with Rick and Morty if the adult content can be switched on/off when she is around, I certainly do not want to expose my 4 year old to that kind of stuff just yet... you get the idea.

They produced Jetsons and Dominos on a contract basis, but other than assembling them, those games were actually created by someone else.

#1114 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Not necessarily..who was begging for a R&M before they announced it?

*raises hand*

#1208 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Instant buy... When you complete wizard mode the machine vends you out a Twinkie.

They could actually do this too! Doesn't a Twinkie have a shelf life of like 100 years or something?

#1286 2 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

If it is Halloween, I love the choice. Want to know why? Because it’s Spooky staying true to itself and walking the beat of their own drum. Kudos to them if Halloween really is their next pin.

This... and keep in mind, even if the theme SOUNDS like it would not work in pinball, give Spooky a chance and see what they do with it! They have made some great games and have some very talented people on staff that can come up with some stuff you may not think of. While I would not be in on a Halloween pin personally, I would love to see what they do with it if in fact that is the next game.

If it is not Evil Dead / Army of Darkness, it saves me from some very hard decisions right now.

#1356 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

Oh damn you!!! Ok, so now there are 2 insta-buy titles for me! Hoping for my sake that it is not HG or ED/AoD at this time.

#1476 2 years ago
Quoted from damadczar:

benheck didn't you have this theme in the works a while ago? Or at least Evil Dead?
I couldn't give my money fast enough if the pin was anything around Evil Dead / Army of Darkness, or even Ash vs The Evil Dead show. All were fantastic, iconic, full of horror and great humor. Fantastic call outs and visuals. Honestly, the perfect pin for my tastes.

Yeah, as much as I love ACNC and have no desire to get rid of it (or Scared Stiff), they would be gone shortly after I locked in a spot for ED/AoD. There is no way I would miss out on owning that theme and it would be another one bolted to the floor.

#1518 2 years ago

I guess I was just born a few years too early (1970). He-Man does nothing for me. I remember it being on, but never watched it and had no interest in it. I think it was just below my age bracket at the time. But I know it was popular as there were lots of toys and the show was on for a long time if I remember correctly. Same way I feel about TMNT. Nada...

I am sure Spooky would do it justice and would be a hot seller for them, but theme is a big thing for me and MOTU does not interest me in the least. Which of course is fine, because then I would not have to move a pin I don't want to sell... lol

#1522 2 years ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

I feel the same way you do when people bring up Power Rangers as a theme. After my time. I don’t get it. Your thoughts make sense.
For a lot of us that grew up in the 80’s (1978), MOTU was life along with Transformers and GI Joe. Dream themes. I don’t think it’s what Spooky is teasing but I hope it is.

Ha! Yeah, to me GI Joe was one person... He was the small afro doll with the beard and the kung fu grip in the 70's that every red blooded American boy played with. I had one. I could never understand how in the 80's, all of a sudden GI Joe was a whole group of people and not one guy anymore.

That being said, I did watch Robotech in the mid 80's and enjoyed the hell out of it. I am not sure I would want a Robotech pinball machine though... lol

#1534 2 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Sorry that green is NOT awesome. I've never seen a castle painted green. There is an old saying to each their own. Castles are grey, stone color, with patina which could add some green but all green. We just disagree. For me its not a big deal I'll just take them out and repaint them like we did with Dracula.
No matter what color any of that stuff is painted we can repaint it the way we like it!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Its just a very mossy castle in a damp region.

#1563 2 years ago

Maybe it's He-Man vs. Thundercats!!

Oh god... Please Spooky, do not listen to that idea.

Thundercats-Comic-He-Man-Killed (resized).jpgThundercats-Comic-He-Man-Killed (resized).jpg
#1564 2 years ago
Quoted from Mitoska:

I only had budget for one new game at the moment, and since they wouldn't even say when they would announce a title , and I've been waiting and waiting..I went ahead and purchased Mando instead..

They actually did say... It is being announced in June at the end of the R&M run. Hence the crazy activity in this thread with the speculation game.

#1644 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Nobody gonna talk about this?[quoted image]

You might want to read back several pages of conversations...

#1650 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I’ve sadly never seen AoD.

Sounds like you have some homework young man!

You don't have to, but if you haven't seen Evil Dead 2, I recommend watching it first as they tie into each other. You can skip the original Evil Dead for now as ED2 was a higher budget remake of it.

#1656 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Thanks, I’ll try and find them, but should I still watch ED1 if I can find it or will that spoil ED2?

Skip ED1 for now... Start with ED2

#1660 2 years ago
Quoted from djd9617:

I'm not big into horror movies, but myself and a few buddies watched ED2 a couple years ago, and we all ended up sleeping in the living room, together, with the lights on, in the fetal position.

But laughed about it at the same time, right? There are so many great one liners in both movies that they burn themselves into your mind forever. ED2 has its moments for people that are easily scared, but AoD has pretty much zero scares in it because the humor is so over-the-top at the same time.

#1733 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Who else do they have? Who did RZ and ACNC?

Charlie Emery designed ACNC, but Bowen Kerins did the rules, and Scott Danesi had a hand in the code and did the lights and sounds not created by Alice Cooper.

#1735 2 years ago
Quoted from djd9617:

Hold up, am I thinking of the completely wrong movie?
This is the shit I saw:[quoted image]

I have not seen the newer remake Evil Dead but that makeup looks pretty damn good for the original version. I think you may have watched the more recent remake which is pure horror and not the original Evil Dead 2 with Bruce Campbell.. lol

This was the original basement girl...

ED2 (resized).jpgED2 (resized).jpg

#1868 2 years ago

It could just be a troll on whoever it was (very recently) that said something to the effect that Charlie wouldn't do an ED/AoD because he doesn't like those movies. I am too lazy to read back, but I swear someone just posted that in this thread within the last few days.

Unless I dreamed it... lol

#1959 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

If you read his first comment on FB on that photo, he eludes to it not being Evil Dead...(and then posted the same poster thing about Phantasm today). This would lead most of us to believe that it is neither of these.

UNLESS... it is Army of Darkness and he is trying to throw us off with the poster of Evil Dead 1 and the comment alluding to it not being "Evil Dead"... Hmmmm

#1976 2 years ago
Quoted from Tiki-Ed:

I wish they would spend less time posting pics with posters and more time sending out the fang club boxes.

They send out all of the fang club packages at one time. So once they have all of the items that are going in them, everything packaged up, and then a complete mailing list, they will get sent out.

Exact same way it was done last time.

#2026 2 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

I didn't think people who are high constantly had the energy to go out and chase spooks.
They certainly never showed him toking up or anything, not even an unexplained cloud of smoke in the Mystery Machine.
It isn't denial if the thing being denied is untrue.

I totally remember a cloud of smoke coming from the Mystery Machine!!

#2031 2 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

You have got to be kidding. That isn't even Scooby Doo, it's a parody within a fucking Jay and Silent Bob movie.

Wow... You have absolutely no gauge for sarcastic humor, do you?

Since I obviously watched it, remembered it, searched for it, and posted it, I figured it was extremely obvious that I knew exactly what it was I was posting. Thanks for the description anyway... lol

2 weeks later
#3156 2 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

I’ve said this a few times over the last few years. Taco Bell would be so easy to do a pin about. I’d even make sure there is a Mexican Pizza mode. My wife was (and still is) pissed when they took that off the menu.

I was upset (and still am) when they dumped the Double Decker Tacos... Had to eat them immediately for the crunch, but something amazing about those.

#3192 2 years ago

Sounds like we should know the answer sometime in the next 14 days!

#3409 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

In the event it’s Evil Dead trilogy that would also make sense with the stacked and loaded play fields...
Main Playfield - Evil Dead
Additional mini playfield - Evil Dead 2
Additional mini playfield - Army of Darkness

Except that Evil Dead and Evil Dead 2 were essentially the same movies. Still hoping for an ED /AoD/ Ash vs. ED pin of some sort though!!

#3445 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Man my memory is fuzzy, but I know I didn't sign up until the day before they went on sale. There was a short video teaser a few days prior, but maybe FANG members were notified earlier than the video. I just know there was not much time between the tease until they went on sale. Blink and you missed it.

If I remember correctly, it was a night before announcement with the Fang Club purchase window opening at 10am (7am pacific) on the next day. I remember this because being Pacific, I was hung over and overslept the purchase window. I was still able to get one through my distributor though.

Come to think of it, I believe I missed the announcement as well due to the same "party" that caused the hangover.

#3449 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Maybe it was you but I seem to remember this conversation at the time lol.
For me, I just happened to log in and see the thread announcement at the right time. I don't think anyone was expecting the chaos that ensued.

Could have been, but o-din had the exact same story. We were not partying together though... Lol

#3481 2 years ago

Yeah, Evil Dead (any version) is the only announcement that will cause me to completely undo my current lineup with sales in order to make room.

#3499 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Sadly, Ben also ruled out Army of Darkness. I’m hoping he was just doing some misdirection.

If you read back (I could be wrong), I believe he ruled out Evil Dead. I don't think he specifically ruled out AoD. Its all how you look at it. Trying to keep my hopes alive!

#3530 2 years ago

Thinking of multiple play fields made me think of this...

I know its not, and the high demand wouldn't be there, but a lot of pinball possibilities in this theme. And lets be honest, who wouldn't want a piece of concentrated evil in their pin?

MV5BMTg2MDYwMzM0NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODI3MTQ5OQ@@._V1_UY1200_CR108,0,630,1200_AL_ (resized).jpgMV5BMTg2MDYwMzM0NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODI3MTQ5OQ@@._V1_UY1200_CR108,0,630,1200_AL_ (resized).jpg
#3588 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I'd put some dong on it.
For the record, all bets everywhere should be dong. It's just funny.

Oh great... Now we have a 16 Candles pin.

Dong (resized).jpgDong (resized).jpg

Dong2 (resized).jpegDong2 (resized).jpeg
#3745 2 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Still got a couple of solenoids here you need to add. Maybe popup posts? If so, awfully close to the flippers.
[quoted image]

Wouldn't those be the slings?

#3794 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

The drywall screws in pairs with a small elec component to the left is killing me .Unless it’s a flipper controlled lane to move the ball down some sort of maze .Does this make any sense ?
[quoted image]

Are you talking about the rollover switch at the top? Or what looks to be some sort of light socket or vertical leaf switch of some type at the bottom?

#3797 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

just the drywall (i think) screws that are in pairs that go through the underside of P/F to the far left of the pic .

Ah, I see them now. Interesting...

Well, the upper component is a rollover switch which I would assume is part of an orbit as there is one on the other side of the upper playfield as well. Not sure what the screws would be holding though.

#3821 2 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

I’m willing to bet those screws your obsessed about are just mounting wood rails on the shooter lane.

Yeah, I 100% agree after looking at the full pic. The outside screws are the outer rail and then the inside screws are the shorter rail of the shooter lane. It threw me for a loop when it was being analyzed as a zoomed in segment. Makes total sense when you look at the whole picture.

#3832 2 years ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

“Maybe it’s something cool that I don’t even know about” - Frank

We're going streaking multiball!!

#4111 2 years ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

So many people say what great games TNA and R&M are and I also agree that they are but I just wanted to point out that RZ doesn't get the love it deserves. It's a great game.

Throw ACNC on that list of great Spooky games. Such a good game!

#4295 2 years ago

Judge Dredd also has shooters on each side, although the left side is an auto shooter for the Air Raid, and of course, JD is a widebody.

#4324 2 years ago

For a pin=boring

Realistic or not, Nightmare on Elm Street would be a better choice for a pin. Halloween is just not a great choice at all for a pin. Art work alone would be lackluster and the teaser pic of the art doesn’t show anything related to it possibly being Halloween, or even Freddy

You guys can argue all day long about which theme would be better than the other, but the theme is already decided and the game is being made, whatever the title is. So there is no point trying to convince anyone at Spooky about what game they should make with arguments over which is better. Everyone has their own personal opinion about what might be better than something else. We get it.

Lets get back to enhancing reflective images in an attempt to uncover the mystery of what the new title actually is!

#4396 2 years ago

Ok, here is the solution to all of the comparison arguments (minus Michael)... And actually, this would be a must buy for many people!
fja (resized).jpgfja (resized).jpg

Do it with comic art in the style of ACNC. I wouldn't be able to pay fast enough!

#5277 2 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

Zombeavers
Yes, it’s a real movie… not a real good one but that’s kinda the point.[quoted image]

Nope... Its already been mentioned:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-2021-game-speculation-thread/page/4#post-6199097

#5282 2 years ago

How about a pin based on the fly episode from Breaking Bad?

Just trying to think outside the box here. I would have suggested The Fly, but they did a Brundlefly version of Alice in ACNC. So that's been done anyway...

#5291 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

That would make for some confusing with ordering.
PS: Have we talked about abbreviations for the title?

HLWN

#5562 2 years ago

Charlie and I are the same age, so I am trying to dig into my brain and remember what all I used to watch when I was younger (70's if that is where he is pulling from).

Cartoons from back then (that I watched, anyway) were:

Speed Racer
Underdog
Mighty Mouse
Pink Panther
Flintstones
Looney Toons
Yogi Bear
Tom and Jerry
Wile E Coyote and Roadrunner
Popeye
Tom Slick
Super Chicken
Casper
Mr. Magoo
Batman / Superman
Spiderman
Super Friends
Scooby Doo
Jetsons
Fat Albert
Grape Ape
Hong Kong Phooey
Jabberjaw
Speed Buggy
Tennessee Tuxedo

Those are off the top of my head, but I know there were others.

And then, there was some of the live action stuff:

Land of the Lost
HR Puffinstuff
Sigmund and the Sea Monsters
Sesame Street / Muppets
Electric Company

But who knows where he is actually pulling this theme from. It may not be from his early childhood, very possibly the 80's which is a whole different list that does not include He-Man, etc... He would have been early and late teenager in the 80's and cartoons were mostly out by then (except Robotech... lol).

#5570 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Did you ever think of starting a pinball manufacturing company ?
If not, your thinking and remembering will be different from him.
LTG : )

Yeah, I am not suggesting that any of these are themes. I am just listing what was on television back then that fell into his age bracket. Our love of horror and style of music is pretty spot on, so at least there are some thinking similarities. But no, my life took a different path so starting a pinball company did not enter my thoughts.

#5602 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

I believe fang membership had to be "XX" days before the release and purchasing ability of being a fang member. As in day of sales you can't buy a fang membership to buy a machine, gotta be a fang for a while to buy.
I am hoping as fang member I can buy one of each in the CE division

Not true from my recollection. There were people that tried to buy from a distributor and were told they had to be a fang club member. They went and bought and showed that they made the purchase, and then were able to order a machine. I didn't do it this way, but I know others that did.

I don't know if it will work the same way this time around, but for R&M, there were people that bought Fang Club memberships the day of.

#5604 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Sorry I should have been clear, only speaking for this round

Ah, gotcha... I read it as the past. I hadn't heard about how they are doing it this time.

#7323 2 years ago

I thought the standards and BSE's were going to have Halloween on the backglass?

#7435 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Been going back and forth all day and finally said fuck it. I’m in for a Halloween CE. It’s not my favorite theme, but it looks interesting and I’m all for supporting Spooky pinball. I’ve grown a ton of respect for this company over the past month or so. All of the communication in the threads. The videos sharing little updates. Being upfront and honest. And they all seem very humble. Those things are what sold me on this game. Even more so than the game itself.

This is exactly where I was 2 games ago when they were making ACNC, and why I bought it. Ended up loving it more than I thought I would. Then bought R&M (dream theme), and now Halloween tomorrow. Halloween isn't a dream theme for me, but I am buying it and moving Scared Stiff on. Eventually, once they make Evil Dead / Army of Darkness, I will move Halloween along and ED / AoD will be bolted to the floor.

But I am a HUGE fan of Spooky and their customer service is second to none!

#8147 2 years ago

Like Coindork, I bought a CE of each title (Thank you Joe at PinballSTAR!). Partly because I am unsure which one to keep, and also because I was trying to grab a spot for a buddy who is camping. Found out after, that he found some WiFi and got an UM CE himself. So now I have 2 with room for 1. But unlike Coindork, I don't have the balls to let the wife know we are in for both... haha!! Oh well, plenty of time to figure out which I want to keep, just hope the numbers are a ways apart so I don't have 2 balances to pay at the same time.

#8425 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Not all lawyers are bad people!

Yeah, it's more about the TYPE of lawyer...

#8494 2 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

I'm going to test your theory next release. Dusting off my old US Robotics 14.4 as we speak. Was quite the speed demon way back when.

Psshaw.. I remember watching the text scroll on my 300 baud modem and was AMAZED when I upgraded to a 1200 baud modem a couple years later! Once I got 2400 baud, I was living the dream! Man, I miss my C-64... lol

#8536 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Atari 800 was my first home computer too (that I owned) Still have it, though many parts have been replaced.

I had the mighty Timex Sinclair 1000 with the 16k upgrade module. Loaded everything from a tape deck. Wasnt much more powerful than a calculator, but had to start somewhere. Moved to a Commodore 64 after that and things were great!

#8658 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

I called it several pages back - Army of Darkness (500 games)/Scooby Doo (1500 games).
[quoted image]

I'm not saying Scooby wouldn't sell that many, it would. But Evil Dead / AoD would sell WAY more than 500. Pretty sure AoD with Bruce Campbell callouts would easily sell as fast as Halloween did. HUGE following.

And Charlie already said they will never do a double release again. He said One and Done. Each of those titles would be their own release.

#9099 2 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

Just wanted to take a moment to thank Spooky for creating a pin that I feel was long overdue and my personal grail theme...the 1978 film, Halloween. Thanks to everyone at Spooky that made this happen and congrats to all of you on selling out your direct sales allotment on that crazy day...it sure was stressful!
As a tribute to the original Halloween, what I feel is the greatest all around horror film and my favorite movie from any genre, it was time to update my avatar. Two years ago I made the pilgrimage to South Pasadena, California to visit some of the original locations they shot the film. My wife took this photo of me recreating the iconic hedge scene...
[quoted image]
I was clearly not the only one to visit those hedges as the grass behind the hedges near the sidewalk was worn down to dirt!
See you in the Halloween hype thread...can’t wait!!!

Pretty cool... I live local to SoCal and they film everything around here all the time, so I never visit any of these places. But I didn't even know that Halloween was shot in South Pasadena, so it led me down this little rabbit hole... Interesting read and photos: https://www.lamag.com/article/halloween-locations-40/

#9103 2 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

worth repeating .. the people have spoken for EVIL DEAD!

I think the perfect version would be a pin that encompasses Evil Dead 2 and Army of Darkness. So much they could do with each movie alone, but since they tie together, it would be perfect to have a deep game with both movies represented!

#9280 2 years ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

So I am putting together the Spooky Promotional Plastic Stand up...Seems there is a leftover piece that says Stay Spooky 2021. Does anyone know where this goes? Sorry I am not the best at figuring these things out lol

The little one had its own solo stand...

#9296 2 years ago
Quoted from stf_dnx:

Has anyone heard of pinballstar? I got the paypal receipt immediately, but nothing else so far

You will be fine. Joe is sorting out the orders and we will all get our numbers soon enough. Your PayPal confirmation is your confirmation. Give the man some time.

1 week later
#9629 2 years ago

H78 CE #414 From PinballSTAR

paid at 10:04:45 am eastern time

I ordered an UM CE also as I was unsure which theme I want (and still am...lol). Ordered it after the H78 but haven't received that number yet. I'll post it once Joe figures it all out.

#9631 2 years ago
Quoted from radfordian3505:

That's insane. I ordered 15 seconds later and I'm 98 games later.

Yeah, but 50+ of those between us are Spooky direct games and probably some other distro (nitro, etc...) games. Joe gets blocks of games and based on the email I got, I was 2nd to last in his block of 403-415. So you are in what probably was his next allotment of games to sell. Might have only been 5 of Joe's games between us.

6 months later
#10546 2 years ago
Quoted from spooky_dj:

Alright, alright. Adding Scooby to the list, after powerpuff girls and MXC. And we'll follow that up with Futurama/Simpsons Tree House. I think we have a good 5 year lineup going on here.

How dare you skip over the Evil Dead / Army of Darkness pin with Bruce Campbell callouts!!! That pin is next, then the others can come!

2 months later
#10681 2 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

EVIL DEAD PLEASE!
@@@@@@@@@@

I can't upvote this (or repeat it enough). Evil Dead / Army Darkness with Bruce Campbell doing the callouts! PLEASE!!! Take my money!

1 week later
#10712 2 years ago
Quoted from mstang01:

I think you need to skip evil dead & evil dead II and jump to army of darkness where there was no mistaking how funny it was. So much material in there.

Evil Dead 2 was pretty much a funny remake of Evil Dead. The game could just be AoD, but ED2 has some great lines in it too. May as well incorporate both!

#10727 1 year ago

If it is ED2 / AoD, then I am hoping I am NOT a huge fan of Halloween when it shows up next week. Because I only have room for 4 pins and 3 are already bolted to the floor. One will have to go for an AoD pin, because that one will be bolted down with the biggest bolts of all! I would even have to order butter for that one, which is not something I have opted for on my other 4 Spooky pins...

If I end up liking Halloween as much as I think I will, then I am in for a world of hurt if/when AoD comes out...

2 months later
#10951 1 year ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

I couldn't find the post, but I'm pretty sure Spooky posted last year that they would not be attempting dual themes again for future games.

This.. And both Charlie and Bug said it in several podcasts as well. There also is no way that they would do a dual of those 2 titles. Like others have said, both will have huge demands and would sell out a full allotment of each. Me personally, I am in for Evil Dead / Army of Darkness sight unseen. I have complete faith in Spooky and that is a dream theme for me. I know it will happen, I just don't know when. Bruce Campbell needs to be yelling one-liners at me from a pinball machine!!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Performance Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

€ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Discos Pinball Mod Shop

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Grand Haven, MI
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

$ 17.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lermods

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinbald Mods

$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 238.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Calfdemon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-2021-game-speculation-thread?tu=Calfdemon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.