7hPz.gif
IMG_6612 (resized).jpeg
harley-quinn-legends-of-the-dark-knight-1_dc-comics_silo (resized).png
tumblr_ndd9vhv4uu1qedb29o1_500.gif
IMG_1836 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1833 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1832 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 13,405 posts in this topic. You are on page 99 of 269.
#4901 2 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

yes, sends you to a payment portal from what I recall.

Thanks. Took the plunge. I’m fangin’ baby!

Charlie, what’s the other theme? Don’t leave me fangin’!

#4902 2 years ago

Well, the other theme is chuck-ie... Of course

#4903 2 years ago

Let it be Escape From New York, please pinball gods.

#4904 2 years ago
Quoted from ClassicHornet:

Halloween + Freddy is my guess

That’s what special-K guessed a month ago.

#4905 2 years ago

After much thought

Bella Lugosi Dracula

#4906 2 years ago

I still dont get this approach. It would seem like a waste of resources and diminished margins to add more coding , art, sculpts for 2 pins at the same number as one bigger theme.

#4907 2 years ago
Quoted from timtim:

After much thought
Bella Lugosi Dracula

It was there all along!

#4908 2 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

I'm a simple man, I hear "John Carpenter" and I start throwing money. I'll buy whatever the hell this is. Fang Club renewed.

The Thing. The Fog. Escape from NY. Halloween. Christine. His music pulls me in. A must have pin if design looks interesting.

#4909 2 years ago

It’s gotta be one game w/ multiple Carpenter themes. It’s the only thing that makes sense to me.

Quoted from PinBalt:

I still dont get this approach. It would seem like a waste of resources and diminished margins to add more coding , art, sculpts for 2 pins at the same number as one bigger theme.

#4910 2 years ago

Ben Heck's Zombie Adventureland?

#4911 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Ben Heck's Zombie Adventureland?

Build it and they will come.

#4912 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

But wait what if this game has 2 themes? Other theme could be dropped any time I bet...

... RAZA?

#4913 2 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

The Thing. The Fog. Escape from NY. Halloween. Christine. His music pulls me in. A must have pin if design looks interesting.

So many awesome movies! I would love an apocalypse trilogy pin (The Thing, Prince Of Darkness, In The Mouth Of Madness).

#4914 2 years ago

Oh snap!... just checked back on this forum and I'm pulled back in.... What is going on... this is crazy... peoples "pets heads falling off" crazy! .... No way its another horror theme of the other big 3... F13/Nightmare/Texas . Charlie probably wants a dedicated machine to those as he passionate about horror.. so my guess is the two versions of Halloween. Original and Robs versions. Since the lisc IP was probably all the same cost.

Other guess would be The Thing.. but that's pretty strong Lisc and could hold its own as is...

Just take my money!!!! love what you guys are doing... Totally support you guys because I support Horror Pinball

#4915 2 years ago

My money is on Killer Klowns!

#4916 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

When does Spooky typically reveal more about their games?

Around Halloween.

#4917 2 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

So many awesome movies! I would love an apocalypse trilogy pin (The Thing, Prince Of Darkness, In The Mouth Of Madness).

And of course his first commercial film, Assault on Precinct 13, who can forget that theme song?

Assault-on-Precinct-13_thumb_1000 (resized).pngAssault-on-Precinct-13_thumb_1000 (resized).png
#4918 2 years ago

Me, all day...getting scorched in the sun...refreshing this thread over and over and over.

5C4838BC-1991-4580-BDE3-F3DF85BB765E (resized).jpeg5C4838BC-1991-4580-BDE3-F3DF85BB765E (resized).jpeg
#4919 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Huh. Whadda know. It wasn't Scooby Doo, Beetlejuice or Evil Dead after all. Who knew?
Oh right. I did.

is the next game Scooby dooo? too soon?

#4920 2 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

It’s actually smart if the 2nd theme is something that appeals to a totally different demographic. Not everyone likes Halloween or wants a horror pin. Making something that appeals to another set of buyers is smart. The horror peeps get their game, other buyers can pick something else. They can have the same code/rules with animation/sound swapped. Not too hard on programming. Not hard on the factory since they’re built & wired the same. Pretty much what Stern did with FG/Shrek…but simultaneous launch.

#4921 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It’s actually smart if the 2nd theme is something that appeals to a totally different demographic. Not everyone likes Halloween or wants a horror pin. Making something that appeals to another set of buyers is smart. The horror peeps get their game, other buyers can pick something else. They can have the same code/rules with animation/sound swapped. Not too hard on programming. Not hard on the factory since they’re built & wired the same. Pretty much what Stern did with FG/Shrek…but simultaneous launch.

I respect your opinion but the company is called Spookey... you have 5 other pinball companies that are making non horror games to pick from.

#4922 2 years ago

Maybe it's Napoleon Dynamite. This would of been a great counter theme to Rick and Morty.

#4923 2 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

The page on Spookys website where you buy your Fang Club membership is “Not Secure” according to my browser. What’s up with that? Not inputing my CC # there was if it’s insecure.
Or does it send you to a secure payment portal?

It sends you to a secure page at checkout.

#4924 2 years ago

Toy Story

#4925 2 years ago

Likely JJP on ToyStory.

#4926 2 years ago
Quoted from timtim:

After much thought
Bella Lugosi Dracula

I agree!

#4927 2 years ago

If there is indeed another theme, I’d be willing to bet it’s another John Carpenter property since Spooky got the Halloween license. I’m a huge Carpenter fan, so really anything from his early library would be awesome.

#4928 2 years ago

it would be kind of silly to do two horror themes.

#4929 2 years ago

please be they live

#4931 2 years ago

Two lines with the same basic build process is a good way to ramp up production with baby steps. Spooky has always been smart with their growth.

#4932 2 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

If there is indeed another theme, I’d be willing to bet it’s another John Carpenter property since Spooky got the Halloween license. I’m a huge Carpenter fan, so really anything from his early library would be awesome.

But what if it's Ghosts of Mars?

#4933 2 years ago
Quoted from Venom77:

I respect your opinion but the company is called Spookey... you have 5 other pinball companies that are making non horror games to pick from.

Yeah but when that company's two best selling games aren't horror expectations change

#4934 2 years ago

I think the second theme has to be Haunted House Party. From what I remember from a few interviews, while that ruse was building the details on the fake game kept getting better to the point the entire story and rules were fleshed out. If the Halloween PF is being built around the neighborhood from the movie, it wouldn't be hard to imagine similar sculptures and layout based on a block party. That would line up with the Kaneda rumor; super niche and a little self indulgent.

#4935 2 years ago

I got this tattooed on my calf ,can you please tell me what it is now ?

95889A6D-EA5B-41BD-B388-DE71951D5FA4 (resized).png95889A6D-EA5B-41BD-B388-DE71951D5FA4 (resized).png
#4936 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

[quoted image]

It's the lower half your leg.
And don't call me Shirley.

#4937 2 years ago

We know the theme, and that photo still is confounding!

#4938 2 years ago

We know ONE of the themes

Quoted from gonzo73:

#4939 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Yeah but when that company's two best selling games aren't horror expectations change

Exactly... build up the fan base and company money then be able to build the machines they truly want to do.... they are smart people.

#4940 2 years ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

Unless it's the other theme...

Dun dun dunnnnn

#4941 2 years ago

Drop a muppets pin. That would kick it up a notch for release 2.

Pigs in space

#4942 2 years ago

This might be a decent compromise for Spookys next pin

2D14D45C-C476-4CCA-9D38-688F4A5BB540 (resized).jpeg2D14D45C-C476-4CCA-9D38-688F4A5BB540 (resized).jpeg
#4943 2 years ago
Quoted from Cantabkiwi:

Drop a muppets pin.

Electric Mayhem!

#4944 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

[quoted image]

Carpet in the Meyer's house?

#4945 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Would make sense if they were like Stern with unlimited production capacity (well, before Covid) and the goal was to sell as many as possible. But Spooky has very limited capacity and would sell out the entire run with Halloween.

Why not sell out & produce the entire run of Halloween then start the new game?

To me, offering 2 different games only makes sense if they are both super niche titles. Halloween is not everyone’s cup of tea, but in the horror world it’s definitely not super niche.

#4946 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

But what if it's Ghosts of Mars?

Don't you dare!

#4947 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

This two game thing being released at the same time had me thinking...
Is it entirely possible that Spooky would simultaneously release two titles with the same playfield overall layout just two different themes? Similar to when Stern did Family Guy & Shrek ?!

Holy shit crazy news!...can’t believe what I miss when I go to dinner with my wife... never again!!! I posted this 25 days ago!! Please be Killer Klowns From Outer Space as title #2!

#4948 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

it would be kind of silly to do two horror themes.

Ummmmm, you do realize all spooky games besides Rick and Morty were horror related right? Right?

#4949 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Would make sense if they were like Stern with unlimited production capacity (well, before Covid) and the goal was to sell as many as possible. But Spooky has very limited capacity and would sell out the entire run with Halloween.
Why not sell out & produce the entire run of Halloween then start the new game?
To me, offering 2 different games only makes sense if they are both super niche titles.

Haven’t they recently moved to a bigger building & hired more staff? This is a good way to test building more orders without having to build different machines.

#4950 2 years ago

Anyone know if Spooky will be at Pinfest in Allentown? Did they say whether the new pin(s) will be there?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 11.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

$ 49.99
$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

€ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 13,500.00
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wilkes-barre, PA
$ 100.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

There are 13,405 posts in this topic. You are on page 99 of 269.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-2021-game-speculation-thread/page/99?hl=manadams and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.