7hPz.gif
IMG_6612 (resized).jpeg
harley-quinn-legends-of-the-dark-knight-1_dc-comics_silo (resized).png
tumblr_ndd9vhv4uu1qedb29o1_500.gif
IMG_1836 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1833 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1832 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 13,405 posts in this topic. You are on page 96 of 269.
#4751 2 years ago

Spooky is making the push to release multiple games a year so I would guess that they would want to complete Halloween in under or around six months. I’m certain they have another game being developed as we speak.

Quoted from CKrueger:

I think there are themes that would have sold better (ie: Evil Dead), but remember that Spooky is limited in production speed. They are planning X months of games, and will sell every one they make before moving onto the next game. In that kind of regime, the best theme is the cheapest theme that will still sell out.
I bet Halloween was much cheaper to license than Evil Dead.
Has anyone heard or extrapolated how long Spooky might tie up their production with Halloween?

#4752 2 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

In my retheme, even though I won't have the luxury of all the bells and whistles of a DMD or LCD pin, you are playing as Michael and the goal is to kill people. Laurie Strode is the end game.
So maybe Spooky takes the dive with me.

So can you actually kill her at the end? Does the game end at that point? Or does she always get away to keep the game play loop going?

I like the idea of being Myers. But the pro to Myers being the antagonist is he can be knocked down but never actually defeated, so it can play indefinitely. Though games that have an actual ending are pretty cool too.

#4753 2 years ago

Spooky , blows up the internet again .... cant wait for purchase day !

#4754 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Yup, Spooky doesn't want/need to sell 3000-5000+ units. You only need a hardcore passionate fanbase to move the themes that Spooky does...that's all they need to build games for a year or so & move on to the next.

Not to mention they get to build what they themselves love. If they're not enjoying it the brand would suffer.

#4755 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

All modern pinball machines have Jackpot callouts. It's not cheesy, it's expected. The player needs feedback.

Fair enough, I didnt know people were so defensive about jackpot call outs. I could take them or leave them on this theme, but if you are that passionate, hopefully they put a few extra in for you.

#4756 2 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Fair enough, I didnt know people were so defensive about jackpot call outs. I could take them or leave them on this theme, but if you are that passionate, hopefully they put a few extra in for you.

TRRRRRIIIPLEFUCKINGMEGGGAAAJACCCKPOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually if you play as Michael, you could go the old Quake route.

DOUBLEKILL!!
TRIPLEKILL!!!
QUADRAKILLL!!
PENTAKILL!!!!
MONSTERKILL!!!!

#4757 2 years ago

Huh. Whadda know. It wasn't Scooby Doo, Beetlejuice or Evil Dead after all. Who knew?

Oh right. I did.

#4758 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Huh. Whadda know. It wasn't Scooby Doo, Beetlejuice or Evil Dead after all. Who knew?
Oh right. I did.

Any idea when we’ll get to see the playfield?

#4759 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Oh right. I did.

and I blame you.

#4760 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Oh right. I did.

#4761 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Oh right. I did.

Put it back in your pants.

#4762 2 years ago

As much as I wanted and would have purchased an Army of Darkness pin, I have to admit that Halloween is more mainstream (or maybe less niche is a better term). Plus, if Spooky has access to all the movie assets, it will feature Jamie Lee Curtis who is a household name. (Bruce Campbell is not, sad to say, as widely recognized... yet.)

Add on the upcoming release of a new, heavily marketed Halloween movie, and I'd expect Halloween is the more marketable pin theme this year.

And regardless of how well the pin sells (which I expect will sell out regardless), I'm glad that Spooky gets a chance to make a theme they're passionate about and give it the treatment they think it deserves.

#4763 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Oh right. I did.

Salt meets wound.

#4764 2 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

If you want to hear pinball with movie dialogue and no jackpot callouts, look no further than GOTG. Not sure if that's an approach I'd want to emulate.

That's not true, they managed to cram some in there.

The audio on that game actually appears to be voice actors, it's not lifted from the movie. That's why the blue guy with the mohawk sounds more like Bobcat Goldwaite than the actual actor.

#4765 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Oh right. I did.

You've done a few too many Kaneda interviews if you think anybody cares.

#4766 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

That's not true, they managed to cram some in there.

My bad! I must have zoned out or suck too much to get that far, have zero recollection of the game ever saying the word jackpot.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The audio on that game actually appears to be voice actors, it's not lifted from the movie.

Yeah, I just mean the overall approach of having "callouts" be scripted dialogue that has little or nothing to do with making shots. Start a mode and it just takes off talking.

#4767 2 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

My bad! I must have zoned out or suck too much to get that far, have zero recollection of the game ever saying the word jackpot.

Yeah, I just mean the overall approach of having "callouts" be scripted, repetitive dialogue that has little or nothing to do with shots made. Start a mode and it just takes off talking.

It's bad, and yes it's a terrible, repetitive approach. The game isn't bad but the overall package is below average.

Honestly not sure about "jackpot" calls but it does have Extra Ball calls and a few other directly pinball related things at least "You've started double scoring" etc.

#4768 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You've done a few too many Kaneda interviews if you think anybody cares.

And yet he's always right.... (Btw I didn't tell him)

#4769 2 years ago

I think Spooky should make as many of the standard games to whoever wants one. Basically if your not a fang club member it would still be nice to be able to get one, just not a BSE or CE.

#4770 2 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I think Spooky should make as many of the standard games to whoever wants one. Basically if your not a fang club member it would still be nice to be able to get one, just not a CE.

As with R&M they don't want to be making the same game for 5 years...

#4771 2 years ago

Put a time limit on the orders then not a specific amount.

#4772 2 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Put a time limit on the orders then not a specific amount.

The whole point of the specific amount is to limit time on production. They know how many they can crank out in an alloted time and that's where they're doing.

#4773 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

All modern pinball machines have Jackpot callouts. It's not cheesy, it's expected. The player needs feedback.

But it can be done differently. AC/DC rarely has “jackpot” voice calls. Most of the feedback is from crowd cheers or guitar riffs.

Maybe for Halloween it could be a victim’s scream.

#4774 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

And yet he's always right....

Making multiple guesses tends to increase your odds at that.

Guy is a douche.

#4775 2 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

But it can be done differently. AC/DC rarely has “jackpot” voice calls. Most of the feedback is from crowd cheers or guitar riffs.

Yeah, AC/DC is a rare one....but the guitar riff is a satisfying feedback sound for Jackpots when they use it. So, sure - I suppose a scream could be used for a jackpot depending on what the MB concept is.

#4776 2 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

That wouldn't get old at all!

(Tales from the crypt features endless screams and the sound package is awful!)

#4777 2 years ago

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#4778 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

(Tales from the crypt features endless screams and the sound package is awful!)

I have played one with updated code that apparently removed some of the screams. Could have fooled me, there are still a lot.

For the Jackpots or other pinball moment callouts perhaps there are concise clips from Dr Loomis that could work. Concise and recognizable being the key here.

#4779 2 years ago

But wait what if this game has 2 themes? Other theme could be dropped any time I bet...

#4780 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

But wait what if this game has 2 themes? Other theme could be dropped any time I bet...

Wow!!! Cool idea.

#4781 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

wut

#4782 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Any hint you can give us as to when we will see the other side of the playfield?

#4783 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Since that would double the chance of people "being right" on their predictions, this could be the most important development in the history of pinball!

#4784 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Please elaborate

#4785 2 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

Agreed. Everything about Halloween was all about what *isn't* happening yet, and what *wasn't* said. It's the fear of the boogeyman, it's the music that drives you and keeps you awake at night. Every note played is specific and instills fear and suspense. (ie Jaws) That, and it's probably hard to have great one liners with a knife sticking through your neck. Listen to the soundtrack, the quick music samples from tracks are iconic and could be used to address all the concerns. I think with the crazy PF about to be revealed, it will all make sense since Spooky seems to "get it", regardless of whether you like a theme or not.

Track1 being the most well known, but Track2 Laurie's Theme being my favorite. Even the first few seconds of Track5 Michael Kills Judith... that sound will be significant if I had to bet. Love it!

#4786 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Stop it!

#4787 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Since this is an autumn holiday themed pin going to assume #2 would be Oktoberfest?

#4788 2 years ago

Is Spooky pulling a Family Guy / Shrek on us? Is Halloween just the un-family-friendly theme?

#4789 2 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

Any hint you can give us as to when we will see the other side of the playfield?

We are dropping content as fast as we can get it approved for you guys and will continue to drop it as fast as we can!

#4790 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Oh right. I did.

Mr. Heck, though the (a?) cat is now out of the bag, I'd still be curious about this!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-2021-game-speculation-thread/page/88#post-6356980

Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

benheck, congrats on your 100th post in this thread in 45 days. Truly admirable up-stirring! I wonder why people are getting so crazy.

Different direction and something you might legitimately answer that would be interesting: How many people would you estimate currently KNOW the next title? 20? 50? More?

Among many other impressive things about Spooky is their ability to keep the lid on upcoming titles despite being one of the most engaged with the public manufacturers.

#4791 2 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Is Spooky pulling a Family Guy / Shrek on us? Is Halloween just the un-family-friendly theme?

I think he's just pulling your leg

#4792 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

LUKE... need to see you in my office buddy!

As you were Pinside... nothing to see here. Carry on.

#4793 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I think he's just pulling your leg

Bet I'm not

#4794 2 years ago

Oh fun then

Do we finally get Scott Danesi's Haunted House Party?

#4795 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

As you were Pinside... nothing to see here. Carry on.

This is getting interestinger and interestinger.

#4796 2 years ago

Wow!

OK Pinside you get a second chance "to be right" which will enshrine you in pinside immortality forever!

Let's hear those predictions!

#4797 2 years ago

Rip Mandolorian

#4798 2 years ago

So 1978 theme and either 2007 or 2018 theme? Guessing 2018 as it would tie into the new movie.

#4799 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

We'll miss old Luke.

LTG : (

#4800 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

oh c'mon dude!!! lol IMPOSSIBLE I SAY

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Performance Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

7,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Blue Bell, PA
$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

€ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Discos Pinball Mod Shop

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Trade
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

$ 17.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lermods

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Grand Haven, MI
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinbald Mods

$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 238.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 13,405 posts in this topic. You are on page 96 of 269.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-2021-game-speculation-thread/page/96?hl=alex_m and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.