7hPz.gif
IMG_6612 (resized).jpeg
harley-quinn-legends-of-the-dark-knight-1_dc-comics_silo (resized).png
tumblr_ndd9vhv4uu1qedb29o1_500.gif
IMG_1836 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1833 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1832 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 13,399 posts in this topic. You are on page 92 of 268.
#4551 2 years ago

Red herring. It's Greasy Strangler.

#4552 2 years ago

I think Spooky is going to knock this one out of the park. If there is a Hunt mode where Myers is chasing you down (maybe on a hurry up) and with the music and lighting could get your blood pumping. This has got to be the "DREAM THEME" for spooky. Its what this company is all about. Big congrats and best of luck to a great bunch of people and a great company!

#4553 2 years ago

Literal killer theme for Spooky! I'm glad they went with this over Nightmare. The soundtrack is going to be incredible.

Anyone know who the lead designer and coder are on this one? I'm assuming that Bowen is on rule design?

#4554 2 years ago

Way less interested now.

#4555 2 years ago
Quoted from 6S3NC3:

Well we know now that its Halloween!!
Lets all yell and scream for pics/art now.

Franchi art maybe?

tumblr_najwtaVZ9X1qg8i80o4_1280 (resized).jpgtumblr_najwtaVZ9X1qg8i80o4_1280 (resized).jpg
#4556 2 years ago

I Fucking LOVE Halloween (the holiday) so its a CE for me!

#4557 2 years ago

Tell us WTF the side cabinet art pic was!!! We need to know lol

#4558 2 years ago

Guess i’m out on this one. Maybe next time.

#4559 2 years ago
Quoted from Stemmy:

It's confirmed Halloween

Love you, Spooky, but I don’t think this is one for me.

Glad to know that they’re going to sell out instantly regardless of what a few non-fans of the theme do. Good luck with the release, Spooky! I’ll renew my Fang Club again for next year in hopes that the next game is one I like.

#4560 2 years ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

I Fucking LOVE Halloween (the holiday) so its a CE for me!

tell me they are gonna do the le ce thing now

#4561 2 years ago

Great choice Spooky! Excited to see it

#4562 2 years ago

Is that Dr Loomis narrating the game at the end of the trailer...

I've had a few ideas for things I'd like to see in the game. I'd like to see a version where the player is Myers chasing people around, but I'm thinking it's going to be more Myers chasing the player around the playfield and randomly attacking them in a multi level house like environment.

Maybe some of the mechs are things like cellar doors opening to pop a ball out, an ambulance toy that Myers breaks out of, a slashing knife, a place to hide in a closet, a tombstone that goes up and down, a jack-o-lantern ball lock

I'm always hyped to see a new pin and really want to know what those in/out lane mechs are.

#4563 2 years ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

Tell us WTF the side cabinet art pic was!!! We need to know lol

Picture of young Michael Myers's Castle Grayskull toy

#4564 2 years ago

Nice I'm excited for this theme pretty iconic can't wait to see the game pictures

#4565 2 years ago

Give it to us .

E35498CF-1ACF-431A-B669-D6FFD959FD6A (resized).pngE35498CF-1ACF-431A-B669-D6FFD959FD6A (resized).png
#4566 2 years ago

I am excited to see what they do with the Halloween theme. I'm glad I picked up a club membership.

#4567 2 years ago

I think it’s going to be a wait and see before I pull the trigger on this one. Out of the scary trifecta Halloween is my least favorite but spooky will do it justice I am sure.

#4568 2 years ago

Man was hoping it wasn’t Halloween… cause now I might have to get it.

#4569 2 years ago

I'm sure this will be another smash hit, but I really hope we see an Evil Dead pin someday in the future

#4570 2 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

You haven't heard? Standard, Blood suckers, CE

#4571 2 years ago

John Carpenter score?

#4572 2 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

John Carpenter score?

No, revised TnA soundtrack.

*cough*

#4573 2 years ago

I am sure they are going to bring some killer atmosphere to this game. I am not a big fan of the Halloween series. I'd rather have F13 since I feel like it translates better to games in general. But I am eagerly awaiting the reveal. This is a truly adult theme which I commend Spooky for. Enough of the child themes. We all know adults play pinball.

#4574 2 years ago

Perfect theme for Spooky, congrats.

Haven’t told the wife yet, but I already know she is going to want one.

#4575 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

I am sure they are going to bring some killer atmosphere to this game. I am not a big fan of the Halloween series. I'd rather have F13 since I feel like it translates better to games in general. But I am eagerly awaiting the reveal. This is a truly adult theme which I commend Spooky for. Enough of the child themes. We all know adults play pinball.

It is still ok, my 3 year old son already said he wants it. Halloween is supposed to be scary not cute. Kids should know this from an early age!

#4576 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

F13 and Halloween basically are the same thing. You can go into all the tiny details that might make them different, but they aren't. 2 guys who don't talk walking around in a mask killing people. People screaming, someone finally 'defeating' them until the next movie. So..I would say one isn't any worse than the other.

#4577 2 years ago

Where at? Will def dump some quarters

Quoted from Nikalou:

buying a collector's edition and putting it on location in Detroit! so excited!! I've wanted a John Carpenter pinball (any movie) ever since I got into the hobby!!

#4578 2 years ago
Quoted from cloggedDrain:

I’d rather have the Golden Girls

both those themes may as well be Golden Shower.

#4579 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

F13 and Halloween basically are the same thing. You can go into all the tiny details that might make them different, but they aren't. 2 guys who don't talk walking around in a mask killing people. People screaming, someone finally 'defeating' them until the next movie. So..I would say one isn't any worse than the other.

They are both slashers, but they’re worlds apart.

You root for Jason in F13. He kills a bunch of scantily clad idiots in weird, creative ways. When there’s a kill, the audience cheers. Same for Nightmare.

Not so with Halloween. You’re rooting against Michael Myers. No cheers when there’s a kill because the tone is serious and scary.

I love Spooky, but I wonder how they’re going to control the narrative of this game. I’m sure the layout and art will be stellar.

#4580 2 years ago

Awesome. This theme is all about atmosphere. Can't wait for the full gameplay reveal.

PS: The Franchi pinball art would be perfect.

#4581 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I mean, I guess you can distill most horror movies down to something similar especially when they are in the same slasher sub-genre. But they aren't they aren't the same at all.

#4582 2 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:both those themes may as well be Golden Shower.

That's the Wizard Mode in the Upcoming On Golden Pond pin.

#4583 2 years ago

Jokes on us all again. It's based on Halloween III only. I'm in.

#4584 2 years ago

Happy for you Spooky, but I'm still waiting for a theme that I'd be into. I'm really hoping it's fun, I want to play it, but I already know I don't need to own it. Maybe the next game...

#4585 2 years ago

been waiting like everyone else.

pretty disappointed in the theme, but excited to see what they do and how well it plays!

#4586 2 years ago

Dang, I’m legit shocked. Perhaps that’s my own bias, as I was never even into Halloween even in my horror-loving youth. I was more of a Freddy, Chucky, Hellraiser type. I liked villains that were outlandish. Halloween just seemed boring….but, it clearly has a fanbase - and it’s a theme that’s never been done. My wife is a huge fan & Halloween is our daughter’s birthday - so, might still go for it.

#4587 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

I mean, I guess you can distill most horror movies down to something similar especially when they are in the same slasher sub-genre. But they aren't they aren't the same at all.

I've never been a slasher fan, so that's how I categorize them. I don't find them scary at all, just dumb people. I will concede what Mudflaps said regarding who gets killed making a difference in who you are routing for, but I just always found it pretty...average. Not that I haven't seen them all lol.

That being said Halloween is 2nd in line to my wifes favorite movies to Evil Dead so we might still be in for a pre-order.

#4588 2 years ago

Wait, it is not official until benheck confirms!!!

#4589 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Jokes on us all again. It's based on Halloween III only. I'm in.

Would have been a cool way to to do the gameplay reveal with countdown the "__ more day's to Halloween" song each morning.

#4590 2 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

They are both slashers, but they’re worlds apart.
You root for Jason in F13. He kills a bunch of scantily clad idiots in weird, creative ways. When there’s a kill, the audience cheers. Same for Nightmare.
Not so with Halloween. You’re rooting against Michael Myers. No cheers when there’s a kill because the tone is serious and scary.
I love Spooky, but I wonder how they’re going to control the narrative of this game. I’m sure the layout and art will be stellar.

I think it also really changes the style of the game and the key difference should be the player is being chased or is doing the chasing.

Mike Myers chasing around the player in a haunted maze like house seems natural. And being Jason and laying out vices and traps to kill teens around a summer camp would be really neat.

I'm glad they at least confirmed the theme. Now we'll only get a couple Scooby Doo requests a day. Look forward to seeing these mechs and an upper-upper playfield.

#4591 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I've never been a slasher fan, so that's how I categorize them. I don't find them scary at all, just dumb people. I will concede what Mudflaps said regarding who gets killed making a difference in who you are routing for, but I just always found it pretty...average. Not that I haven't seen them all lol.

Check out Rob Zombies Halloween . Deff scary and disturbing

#4592 2 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

Standard no options.
LE is all the a la cart options from previous releases
CE is all options plus a bit extra And a topper.

#4593 2 years ago
Quoted from Hench4Life:

Where at? Will def dump some quarters

Offworld Arcade, it should be reopening this month! Just moved TNA and R&M up there last week - the rest of the pinball there isn't mine (although I will tech on it)

#4594 2 years ago

Here to voice my disappointment in the theme but also say that a pin can be INCREDIBLE regardless of personal interest in theme so...I’ll be interested to see the layout / rules and some code.

#4595 2 years ago
Quoted from holden1090:

Check out Rob Zombies Halloween . Deff scary and disturbing

I saw them..Didn't care for them at all. Really the only Zombie movies I've liked are 1000 corpses and Devils Rejects. 3 From Hell was okay...

#4596 2 years ago

Imagine if they flip it and you play as Michael Myers. That could be a lot of fun. Or make it a wizard mode?

#4597 2 years ago

great news, just saved $10K lol

#4598 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

great news, just saved $10K lol

withOUT switching to Geico!

#4599 2 years ago

Awesome, been waiting for them to reopen. I got R&M on free play, but I’ll go give your TNA some money

Quoted from Nikalou:

Offworld Arcade, it should be reopening this month! Just moved TNA and R&M up there last week - the rest of the pinball there isn't mine (although I will tech on it)

#4600 2 years ago

ALSO, gonna say what no one is trying to say...

KANEDA WAS RIGHT! LMAO

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus
Plastics
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
NinjaCamp Mods
Protection
$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
NinjaCamp Mods
Other
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ScottieIA Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods
Other
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Minneapolis, MN
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 35.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods
Shooter rods
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 300.00
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods
Toys/Add-ons
10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sleepy Hollow, IL
$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball
Decals
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy
Protection
There are 13,399 posts in this topic. You are on page 92 of 268.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-2021-game-speculation-thread/page/92?hl=holden1090 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.