7hPz.gif
IMG_6612 (resized).jpeg
harley-quinn-legends-of-the-dark-knight-1_dc-comics_silo (resized).png
tumblr_ndd9vhv4uu1qedb29o1_500.gif
IMG_1836 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1833 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1832 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 13,405 posts in this topic. You are on page 91 of 269.
#4501 2 years ago
Quoted from Venom77:

I'm not to sold on this next game is going to be true horror based as far as Spookey wanting to maximize sales ...

Spooky is not trying to maximize sales. That is why they only made 750 R&M's. They could have made thousands.

As they have stated before, they make what THEY like, and only make as many as they feel they can comfortably produce. The demand for Spooky will always outstrip supply for the foreseeable future.

#4502 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

It could be a John Carpenter movie after all... It’s mind blowing that “Big Trouble In Little China” came out July 2nd 1986 and will be the 35th anniversary in a few days...Spooky will likely tease it today / tomorrow (only two days included today for June) & lines up with Spooky’s video game play announcement for this upcoming Friday.
[quoted image]

Take my money now!

#4503 2 years ago

Teaser Tuesday is here .

#4504 2 years ago

All great titles, but the licenses are too expensive for a small company.

Quoted from rai:

Predator
Blade Runner
Fifth Element
Matrix
Total Recall

#4505 2 years ago

Joined the Fang club yesterday....time to see what this crazy thing is!!

#4507 2 years ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

Spooky is not trying to maximize sales. That is why they only made 750 R&M's. They could have made thousands.
As they have stated before, they make what THEY like, and only make as many as they feel they can comfortably produce. The demand for Spooky will always outstrip supply for the foreseeable future.

That was then... this is now hence thier new platform. Regardless there is a reason stern has a safe business model that obviously works. Most married men have to convince a wife...so if kids and family can play it.. thats a very strong selling point.

Would I want Spookey to make real horror absolutely.. but that takes capital to float the machines they don't sell as many of... is Spookey there yet.. dont know.. only they do.

#4508 2 years ago

Hey guys in general we are interested in doing the titles you guys want the most. Don't be afraid to shoot me an email at [email protected] with your dream theme title or top 3. Helps tremendously with us choosing the right titles for you.

#4509 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Hey guys in general we are interested in doing the titles you guys want the most. Don't be afraid to shoot me an email at [email protected] with your dream theme title or top 3. Helps tremendously with us choosing the right titles for you.

RIP your inbox.

#4510 2 years ago

Jokes on us...that's his spam box

#4511 2 years ago
Quoted from Venom77:

That was then... this is now hence thier new platform. Regardless there is a reason stern has a safe business model that obviously works. Most married men have to convince a wife...so if kids and family can play it.. thats a very strong selling point.
Would I want Spookey to make real horror absolutely.. but that takes capital to float the machines they don't sell as many of... is Spookey there yet.. dont know.. only they do.

There is ZERO chance Spooky wont sell out their games in the first day, regardless of title. Guaranteed!

They changed platforms for ease of manufacture and trying to get people what they want.

And I don't have to convince my wife, and she is 33 (not the "nostalgic" pinball person). She played EHoH and said "I want one!). Love that wife

#4512 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

You’re basically going to end up with this entire thread in your inbox.

#4513 2 years ago

Re-release Rick and Morty. Already tooled up for it. no brainer.

#4514 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Maybe you should announce the next title first so you don't get all those in your inbox. You know, dream themes minus this next release

#4515 2 years ago

Agreed no reason to send suggestions of a title you’ve already developed- so just let us know and it will be less for Spooky to sort through

Quoted from Beechwood:

Maybe you should announce the next title first so you don't get all those in your inbox. You know, dream themes minus this next release

#4516 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Yay! Now the same couple of people spamming Jaws (yawn) and boomer rock (yawn) can just send their suggestion to him and stop saying it every other day on here.

#4517 2 years ago
Quoted from greenhoody:

Yay! Now the same couple of people spamming Jaws (yawn) and boomer rock (yawn) can just send their suggestion to him and stop saying it every other day on here.

as if that'll stop them...

#4518 2 years ago

Big Trouble in Little China is a mediocre film and not worthy of a pinball! Yeah I said it!

#4519 2 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Big Trouble in Little China is a mediocre film and not worthy of a pinball! Yeah I said it!

Boooo!!

#4520 2 years ago

I respectively disagree.

#4521 2 years ago

I can't shake this feeling, my best guess...

"Gremlins: Secrets of the Mogwai, which was renewed for a second season ahead of its initial debut. The fact that HBO Max and Warner Bros. are so confident in the animated show might mean they’re ready to breathe new life into the franchise."

mag (resized).jpgmag (resized).jpg
#4522 2 years ago

If Kurt Russel is going to be on a pin it better be as Snake Pliskin or The Thing.

#4523 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Predator
Blade Runner
Fifth Element
Matrix
Total Recall
Drop mic

I would be in on any of these themes 100%

#4524 2 years ago

Yeah, I liked the movie but am really surprised by the fandom asking for it to be a pin. I put it at about the same level of appeal as romancing the stone, Allan quartermain and the lost city of gold, and the golden child…and ain’t nobody asking for them to be pins!

#4525 2 years ago
Quoted from curban:

Yeah, I liked the movie but am really surprised by the fandom asking for it to be a pin. I put it at about the same level of appeal as romancing the stone, Allan quartermain and the lost city of gold, and the golden child…and ain’t nobody asking for them to be pins!

Hey now….
The Golden Child is fucking hilarious.

#4526 2 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Hey now….
The Golden Child is fucking hilarious.

I’d rather have the Golden Girls

#4527 2 years ago

I'm still looking for a Galaxy Quest pin, complete with restored original soundtrack and subplots. (apparently a new series is coming with the origional cast..minus rickman, so...eh..why bother? but..) Rickman deadpan snarky callouts would be epic.

#4528 2 years ago

Army of Darkness .... is it the case that at the end of the credits of this film there is a call-out by BC ... "GROOVY!" ?

Discuss

#4529 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I'm still looking for a Galaxy Quest pin, complete with restored original soundtrack and subplots. (apparently a new series is coming with the origional cast..minus rickman, so...eh..why bother? but..) Rickman deadpan snarky callouts would be epic.

I was sad when Alan Rickman died - he was an incredibly skilled actor.

But +1 on a Galaxy Quest pin - I absolutely love that movie.

#4530 2 years ago

Galaxy Quest is another ‘okay’ film. These are borderline pin-worthy themes…so they’re definitely NOT spooky-worthy. Spooky can and will do better…they should stay a little ‘twisted’…bring on Evil Dead, Kill Bill, Pulp Fiction, Sin City, TwistedMetal…Dusk to Dawn!

#4531 2 years ago

Sin City could look absolutely stunning. the art style stands up on it's own.

#4532 2 years ago

I love Galaxy Quest. Not sure if it's the best license to tie itself to for whacky Star Trek inspired space adventures (Futurama)

But the nice thing about Spooky is they don't need to sell a few thousand units of a title like Stern. They can do some more niche properties

#4533 2 years ago

Video is out. Halloween

#4534 2 years ago

Well we know now that its Halloween!!
Lets all yell and scream for pics/art now.

#4535 2 years ago

Halloween

#4536 2 years ago

I'll be damned. Be interesting to see what they do with it.

#4537 2 years ago

Sweet, my money is safe!

#4538 2 years ago

Not excited about the theme but will look forward to the machine unveil.

#4539 2 years ago

308B93BD-9263-4554-B409-91D42D5B2377 (resized).jpeg308B93BD-9263-4554-B409-91D42D5B2377 (resized).jpeg

#4540 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Not excited about the theme but will look forward to the machine unveil.

Me either, but I imagine it will be a great game, and it will sell out quickly no problem.

#4541 2 years ago
Quoted from 6S3NC3:

Well we know now that its Halloween!!
Lets all yell and scream for pics/art now.

Awesome! Can't wait to see it in action

#4542 2 years ago

I want! Dream theme for me! When do they start taking deposits?

#4543 2 years ago

Congrats Spooky !
: )

To get our PinballSTAR's email list when ordering is open email Joe at [email protected].

#4544 2 years ago

It's confirmed Halloween

#4545 2 years ago

…well, it’s not as good as the themes I suggested…but Mrs says we’re still ‘in’ (especially if they have a Mickey Dolenz gun store clip). So good enough.

Please tell me that this wasn’t one of Kaneda’s fourteen ‘inside scoop’ guesses.

#4546 2 years ago

Thank you Spooky! Now I am getting 2 dream themes in the same year!!! Alien and Halloween.

#4547 2 years ago

Exciting!!

#4548 2 years ago

Great call Spooky !

#4549 2 years ago

buying a collector's edition and putting it on location in Detroit! so excited!! I've wanted a John Carpenter pinball (any movie) ever since I got into the hobby!!

#4550 2 years ago

Micky…sorry. Wife was very quick to correct me.(no, I don’t think Spooky should release a Monkees pin).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Discos Pinball Mod Shop

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 85.00
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

10,000 (OBO)
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 185.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Nipomo, CA
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 14.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 17.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lermods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 29.00
Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
$ 65.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 13,405 posts in this topic. You are on page 91 of 269.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-2021-game-speculation-thread/page/91?hl=zmeny and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.