7hPz.gif
IMG_6612 (resized).jpeg
harley-quinn-legends-of-the-dark-knight-1_dc-comics_silo (resized).png
tumblr_ndd9vhv4uu1qedb29o1_500.gif
IMG_1836 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1833 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1832 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 13,405 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 269.
#351 3 years ago

I would buy a TV Buffy, but I would desperately want a Firefly later to go next to it.

#352 3 years ago

When is it supposed to be announced?

#353 3 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

when the rick and morty games are all (or almost all) built.

#354 3 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

June.

#355 3 years ago

Once announced in June, how long before pins start shipping?

#356 3 years ago

It's Scooby-Doo. The lastest Kaneda episode has all but confirmed it short of stating the actual title flat out loud.

#357 3 years ago
Quoted from EalaDubhSidhe:

It's Scooby-Doo. The lastest Kaneda episode has all but confirmed it short of stating the actual title flat out loud.

I know, I just did not feel like getting flamed by mentioning his name.

#358 3 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Once announced in June, how long before pins start shipping?

Soon after I think. I don’t think they want to drag out people getting it if they can help it.

#359 3 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Soon after I think. I don’t think they want to drag out people getting it if they can help it.

Especially if they anticipate the same Rick & Morty sellout rush.

#360 3 years ago

How soon after did they start production and ship once the presale sell out? Thank you

#361 3 years ago

Whatever new title they have/announce... hopefully they have some built already and ready to ship out.

That would be awesome.

#362 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

Whatever new title they have/announce... hopefully they have some built already and ready to ship out.
That would be awesome.

Yeah it would. But wouldn’t mind a delay since I have to pay for EHOH.

#363 3 years ago

my money is on

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#364 3 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

my money is on [quoted image]

Oh man I hope so... this hits home for me. Such a great and fun theme. You could do so much with the mysteries as modes.

#365 3 years ago

Do we know who is making the next Spooky Pin?

#366 3 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

my money is on [quoted image]

That’s a killer looking cabinet. I joined fang club to get early access to order if it’s SD.

#367 3 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Do we know who is making the next Spooky Pin?

Bunyip?

I think his name is David Van Ness?

#368 3 years ago

That’s a killer looking cabinet. I joined fang club to get early access to order if it’s SD.

I joined the fang club a week ago hoping the new pin was gonna be Little Shop Of Horrors, Beetlejuice or Evil Dead.
If it is Scooby Doo I’m on the fence, it’s not a dream theme for me, but I think Spooky could hit a home run with it and it could be a load of fun.
Does anyone know how it works in the fang club, I know you get early pre order opportunity, but are you still blind buying or do you get to see the game mechanics, flow, art etc?

#369 3 years ago
Quoted from oneballjab:

Does anyone know how it works in the fang club, I know you get early pre order opportunity, but are you still blind buying or do you get to see the game mechanics, flow, art etc?

If it is Scooby Doo then I hope they do implement the formula properly and the game mechanics including actual mystery solving, Who?Dunnit fashion.

#371 3 years ago

If scooby doo hope it plays better than jetsons.

#372 3 years ago
Quoted from oneballjab:

I joined the fang club a week ago hoping the new pin was gonna be Little Shop Of Horrors, Beetlejuice or Evil Dead.
If it is Scooby Doo I’m on the fence, it’s not a dream theme for me, but I think Spooky could hit a home run with it and it could be a load of fun.

When they did r&m there was video of the game only a day or so prior to preorders opening up...it really was a blink and miss it deal. Hoping they do it a bit differently this go around.

#373 3 years ago

they should just remake the jjp POTC and just put them out at $30k each. That's just smart business

#374 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

When they did r&m there was video of the game only a day or so prior to preorders opening up...it really was a blink and miss it deal. Hoping they do it a bit differently this go around.

Thanks Zablon.
If that’s how it’s done then I‘d better be on red alert! No more blinking for me Haha

#375 3 years ago

IIRC there was over a week of heads up before R&M went on sale, they obviously did not think it would sellout like it did.

Who knows if the next game will have that sort of demand. Either way you'll have enough notice before it's on sale.

#376 3 years ago
Quoted from fnord:

Who knows if the next game will have that sort of demand.

It may. Spooky has a cult following. And is building great games.

When it's announced and it's a title you want. I wouldn't dally.

LTG : )

#377 3 years ago

I certainly hope it's as great of a success for them as R&M.

#378 3 years ago

FYI this isn't a leak or anything, just a homemade virtual pin cab.

#379 3 years ago
Quoted from fnord:

I certainly hope it's as great of a success for them as R&M.

Same here.
Even if the next theme is something I’m likely to pass on, I wish them every success. I will continue to support them in the hopes that one day they will land on one of my dream themes.

#380 3 years ago
Quoted from Deadlander:

If scooby doo hope it plays better than jetsons.

Agreed, but to be fair to Spooky, Jetsons was a contract game... designed by others and built by them. I'm sure they would have done the theme justice had they actually been able to design it.

#381 3 years ago

Is this going to be the Ben/CGC game?

#382 3 years ago

Nope

Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Is this going to be the Ben/CGC game?

#383 3 years ago

If you want the next Spooky game, your gonna have to pay attention and call them the morning it goes on sale, R&M sold out 750 in a few hours.
If its SD, sounds like they can up the production to 1000.

I'm still pulling for Big Trouble in Little China, but my hope's are fading.
I'll pass on Scooby. Hope it's awesome though.
It would be a huge licence for Spooky.

That's 1000 premium priced pin's, Stern won't be selling, which is all to the good.

#384 3 years ago

I hope they do Evil Dead, but not now because I just bought a pin.

#385 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I hope they do Evil Dead, but not now because I just bought a pin.

LOL that's my problem, just got my R&M and hopefully an Alien in a few months....really can't justify yet another NIB pin right now.

#386 3 years ago

el oh el.

#387 3 years ago
Quoted from oneballjab:

any of those 3 would be incredible, with Beetlejuice and Evil Dead potentially selling out as fast as Richard & Mortimer.

#388 3 years ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

If you want the next Spooky game, your gonna have to pay attention and call them the morning it goes on sale, R&M sold out 750 in a few hours.
If its SD, sounds like they can up the production to 1000.
I'm still pulling for Big Trouble in Little China, but my hope's are fading.
I'll pass on Scooby. Hope it's awesome though.
It would be a huge licence for Spooky.
That's 1000 premium priced pin's, Stern won't be selling, which is all to the good.

So you have to order by phone only to preorder? And do they charge sales tax also?

Quoted from MattElder:

Agreed, but to be fair to Spooky, Jetsons was a contract game... designed by others and built by them. I'm sure they would have done the theme justice had they actually been able to design it.

That is fair, but I wouldn’t want my name anywhere near or on Jetsons. I would put a huge disclaimer, we only put it together and we had zero input in the design. Jetsons makes the SW the pin look like an LE.

#389 3 years ago

So you have to order by phone only to preorder? And do they charge sales tax also?

You can order by phone or *TRY* to order online. But they were so bombarded with orders online for R&M when the window opened that their server pretty much slowed to a crawl and just about crashed. Yes, they charge sales tax, but you can also order from an authorized distributor and there are some who may not charge tax.. Just saying...

#390 3 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

You can order by phone or *TRY* to order online. But they were so bombarded with orders online for R&M when the window opened that their server pretty much slowed to a crawl and just about crashed. Yes, they charge sales tax, but you can also order from an authorized distributor and there are some who may not charge tax.. Just saying...

So some distributors will get some then? I assume those are just standard editions and in order to get yours customized like R&M bloodsucker edition you need to go directly through Spooky. Thanks for your help. I don’t want to miss out in case it is Scooby Doo, my wife would not be happy.

#391 3 years ago

So some distributors will get some then? I assume those are just standard editions and in order to get yours customized like R&M bloodsucker edition you need to go directly through Spooky. Thanks for your help. I don’t want to miss out in case it is Scooby Doo, my wife would not be happy.

No, you can get any options and all editions through any of Spooky's distros also... They sell direct and through distributors such as PinballSTAR, Kingpin, and others. There is a list of their distributors somewhere. Maybe on Spooky's site. But when the order window opens, you can order from anyone of them.

#392 3 years ago

That is fair, but I wouldn’t want my name anywhere near or on Jetsons. I would put a huge disclaimer, we only put it together and we had zero input in the design. Jetsons makes the SW the pin look like an LE.

I hear ya. I would do the same!

#393 3 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

No, you can get any options and all editions through any of Spooky's distros also... They sell direct and through distributors such as PinballSTAR, Kingpin, and others. There is a list of their distributors somewhere. Maybe on Spooky's site. But when the order window opens, you can order from anyone of them.

Ok great. Thank you! That sales tax can be a killer. I will do some research and see what distributors are out there. Are a certain allotment set aside for distributors of the total once the early preorder goes live?

#394 3 years ago

Ok great. Thank you! That sales tax can be a killer. I will do some research and see what distributors are out there. Are a certain allotment set aside for distributors of the total once the early preorder goes live?

I don’t know that Spooky has to collect sales tax from out of state customers any different than distributors do. How it was explained to me was a distributor can sell “x” dollars worth to customers in any given State and once that is exceeded they have to collect it. That’s not something i made up, just passing along that tidbit of info i was told.

Now i don’t work for the IRS, nor am i an accountant. Nor do i give a shit what anyone does. but i think it’s worthwhile to mention that sales tax on new pins is always payable. Its a matter of if the seller collects and remits on your behalf or if you have to self declare and pay the taxes to your own State when you do your taxes. The latter of course being at your own discretion.

#395 3 years ago
Quoted from Completist:

I don’t know that Spooky has to collect sales tax from out of state customers any different than distributors do. How it was explained to me was a distributor can sell “x” dollars worth to customers in any given State and once that is exceeded they have to collect it. That’s not something i made up, just passing along that tidbit of info i was told.
Now i don’t work for the IRS, nor am i an accountant. Nor do i give a shit what anyone does. but i think it’s worthwhile to mention that sales tax on new pins is always payable. Its a matter of if the seller collects and remits on your behalf or if you have to self declare and pay the taxes to your own State when you do your taxes. The latter of course being at your own discretion.

I didn’t pay sales tax on my BKSOR, STh, or MBr since they were purchased out of state. Certain states require sales tax to be collected and some don’t. So no need to report it. If I went to pick it up in the other state, I would have to. Some distributors charge sales tax per their states tax laws.

#396 3 years ago

Scooby Doo is a near perfect theme for pinball. If it comes with a full license it will be a huge hit.

#397 3 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Scooby Doo is a near perfect theme for pinball. If it comes with a full license it will be a huge hit.

It should. I can’t imagine they will limit the license. There is so much Scooby Doo merchandise out there. It’s a grail pin I didn’t even know I wanted. If done hopefully they pull from the original series first two years. So iconic.

#398 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

It may. Spooky has a cult following. And is building great games.
When it's announced and it's a title you want. I wouldn't dally.
LTG : )

Even though I play R&M much, much less than my new sterns, I am part of that Spooky cult now. Quality made and from a company that demonstrates time and time again how much they truly appreciate their customers.

Irrespective of theme, my wife and I are all in on the next title to support the company.

#399 3 years ago

I’m not buying into the Kaneda crystal ball .I’m sticking with Heck’s statement of “Killer artwork”which says to me “Jason” .People are guessing June announcement ,which in pinball language means August, and funny thing is in Aug the 13th lands on ....you guessed it Friday !

#400 3 years ago

Spooky+FR13th = Match made in Heaven!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
4,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fargo, ND
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Performance Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

€ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Discos Pinball Mod Shop

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

$ 17.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lermods

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, FL
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinbald Mods

$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 238.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 13,405 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 269.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-2021-game-speculation-thread/page/8?hl=mrcleanhead and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.