7hPz.gif
IMG_6612 (resized).jpeg
harley-quinn-legends-of-the-dark-knight-1_dc-comics_silo (resized).png
tumblr_ndd9vhv4uu1qedb29o1_500.gif
IMG_1836 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1833 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1832 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 13,405 posts in this topic. You are on page 85 of 269.
#4201 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Direct print on cabinet, not a decal

Also clear coated to perfection. My R&M butter cabinet looks nicer than other manufacturers PF's

#4202 2 years ago

is direct printing what williams used to do on their cabs? or was that also a decal (thicker decal)

#4203 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

in the old days pinball cabinets were screen printed and there were no decals. That technique has lost favor though and is rarely used anymore.

#4204 2 years ago

Oooo shooter rod instead of a button

#4205 2 years ago

Can someone explain the advantage of buying direct (from Spooky) vs. buying from a (remote) distributor? I only have one Spooky game and it was purchased NIB from a local collector. All of my NIB Stern games were purchased from distributors...Stern doesn't do direct sales.

#4206 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

No way, it only sold out that fast because of the theme and the production numbers. There will be more of this game and the license (albeit cool I’m sure) will likely not garner the absolute feeding frenzy that RaM did. So...I’m guessing it’ll be sold out by 4pm day of sale haha

lol

#4207 2 years ago

Can someone explain the advantage of buying direct (from Spooky) vs. buying from a (remote) distributor?

Cuts out the middleman, keeps costs lower

#4208 2 years ago

That resident evil post got me thinking...

resident_evil_pin_sml (resized).pngresident_evil_pin_sml (resized).png
#4209 2 years ago

Actually, you get charged tax on the deposit amount as well as the final sale by Spooky. If you order via distrib you’ll only be charged the sales tax on the final sale price

Quoted from ClassicHornet:

Can someone explain the advantage of buying direct (from Spooky) vs. buying from a (remote) distributor?
Cuts out the middleman, keeps costs lower

#4210 2 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Can someone explain the advantage of buying direct (from Spooky) vs. buying from a (remote) distributor? I only have one Spooky game and it was purchased NIB from a local collector. All of my NIB Stern games were purchased from distributors...Stern doesn't do direct sales.

I'll tell you. I tried to get a R&M from multiple distros the day of, and they were only selling their alotments to 'favorite buyers' for the first day. Take it how you will, but that makes me have no interest in distros, at least when dealing with Spooky launches. If you aren't buying games constantly, you get put on the back of the list. So they can keep those people, and I'll go to the source.

As for the tax people are talking about, that varies by distro and where you live and how many they sell to that area. They don't all do the same.

#4211 2 years ago

Wanted to ask about dealer vs direct sale? Some dealers don't need to charge sales tax (depending on how much they sell in a particular state) not sure the specifics of what direct sale from Spooky will have sales tax or not. We are talking as much as $700 difference depending on sales tax or not.

#4212 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Actually, you get charged tax on the deposit amount as well as the final sale by Spooky. If you order via distrib you’ll only be charged the sales tax on the final sale price

Wha?? Isn’t a (deposit) + (price-deposit) = (price) = same tax value?

#4213 2 years ago

It will be interesting to see how many of each version is ordered (if Spooky discloses it).

One of the major differences in JJP/Stern is different artwork for the different versions which is a determining factor for some.

As all 3 versions play the same, I don’t see a lot of Blood Sucker orders this time around - I bet the majority will be Collectors (all the bells/whistles) with some BSE and SE.

I’m going with:
CE - 60%
BSE - 20%
SE - 20%

#4214 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

It will be interesting to see how many of each version is ordered (if Spooky discloses it).
One of the major differences in JJP/Stern is different artwork for the different versions which is a determining factor for some.
As all 3 versions play the same, I don’t see a lot of Blood Sucker orders this time around - I bet the majority will be Collectors (all the bells/whistles) with some BSE and SE.
I’m going with:
CE - 60%
BSE - 20%
SE - 20%

Rule of thumb, like in any 3 tier price list, 80% of sales are done in the middle which is designed as 'Best Value'. In other words, at SE you are missing out and at CE you are splurging.
Apple has been using this formula for over a decade now. It works.
I have used in my own business. I can tell you it works.

I predict, 80% will be BSE

#4215 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

I’m going with:
CE - 60%
BSE - 20%
SE - 20%

As the only major part difference is the topper...I'll hold that until I see what we're working with. Most likely a BS for me if it is something I want...

#4216 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

That resident evil post got me thinking...[quoted image]

Resident Evil would be tight.

#4217 2 years ago

Can someone help me better understand the butter cabinet? I get that it's direct + clear and is super glossy. How fragile is the coating? Are chipping/scratches in it common from either shipping or normal use?

I would say I'm currently leaning towards the standard decals, but would that be a mistake on a BS or CE? Any rough #s on percentage butter cabs on R+M?

#4218 2 years ago
Quoted from ctl723:

Can someone help me better understand the butter cabinet? I get that it's direct + clear and is super glossy. How fragile is the coating? Are chipping/scratches in it common from either shipping or normal use?
I would say I'm currently leaning towards the standard decals, but would that be a mistake on a BS or CE?

Believe it's like WOZECLE ? I've never owned a Spooky, but my best guess/ comparison

#4219 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

And it’s clear coated

#4220 2 years ago
Quoted from ctl723:

I would say I'm currently leaning towards the standard decals, but would that be a mistake on a BS or CE? Any rough #s on percentage butter cabs on R+M?

I've seen posts from folks that have had little dings and such, but sounds like it's been of a very high quality and holds up well. But Spooky's decals also look very, very nice in person and are comparatively easily replaced.

I personally would just stress too much with the butter cab knowing I couldn't just re-decal the game if I happen to mess up and brush up against a door jamb or something.

#4221 2 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

At 5:48 in the new vid, Bug says “Distroobi doos”?! Hint?!

That’s a huge hint or huge distraction. Myself, I hope it’s a huge hint.

#4222 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Believe it's like WOZECLE ? I've never owned a Spooky, but my best guess/ comparison

Yes. The only bad part of direct print cabs is if they take a hit on the corner seams, they can chip pretty good. I never had it happen, but I've seen it on a number of ECLE WoZ machines that weren't as well cared for when moving. Other than that direct print with clear is fantastic.

#4223 2 years ago
Quoted from ctl723:

If you can swing it financially, the butter cab is the way to go. Always. The only way I would say no is maybe for a route where it's moved around a lot.

#4224 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

As the only major part difference is the topper...I'll hold that until I see what we're working with. Most likely a BS for me if it is something I want...

CE is more than a topper - it’s topper/laser cut side rails/sculpted shooter/“extra toy”/different powdered speaker panel (plus all the BSE stuff).

I’m either CE or nothing - it’s all about the theme at this point!

#4225 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

It's as much of a hint as all the clothes they were wearing. It was on purpose.

#4226 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

CE is more than a topper - it’s topper/laser cut side rails/sculpted shooter/“extra toy”/different powdered speaker panel (plus all the BSE stuff).
I’m either CE or nothing - it’s all about the theme at this point!

So like I said, mostly topper.

#4227 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I can't believe no one commented on the 'veiny paint' on the CE.

I immediately thought of Audrey II’s plant veins when you said this. Integrated sculpted Audrey II plant veins throughout the armor.

7EBF55BC-B947-4C2F-B9B9-BF4C23D1E9C5 (resized).jpeg7EBF55BC-B947-4C2F-B9B9-BF4C23D1E9C5 (resized).jpeg
#4228 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

They do butters in batches is what I mean.

As for the direct print cabinets they basically give me the maximum amount they can make as fast as they can make them. I never stop it's just 1 continuous order. Getting ahold of them is harder than panning for gold I swear lol. I requested them for the next game months ago already.

#4229 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

I agree because if it’s an animated series like SD they’ll have a lot more content to pick from than a single movie.

#4230 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I agree because if it’s an animated series like SD they’ll have a lot more content to pick from than a single movie.

Scooby Doo, Where are You? has 41 episodes, so exactly as many as Rick and Morty through season 4.

#4231 2 years ago

Speaking of which..they seriously need to do a Scooby Doo / Mike Tyson's Mysteries crossover.

#4232 2 years ago

Distrib takes the deposit amount and charges no sales tax. When your game is finished you are charged sales tax on your remaining balance. So...you save a few bucks. Some distributors may not charge tax at all. But Spooky (from what I hear) charges the sale tax on the full amount of the game deposit included. Again, not a big deal. It’s peanuts really.

Quoted from skink91:

Wha?? Isn’t a (deposit) + (price-deposit) = (price) = same tax value?

#4233 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Speaking of which..they seriously need to do a Scooby Doo / Mike Tyson's Mysteries crossover.

That is the best crossover mentioned yet and would make me buy one.

#4234 2 years ago

Big trouble in little China town is my prediction

#4235 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yes. The only bad part of direct print cabs is if they take a hit on the corner seams, they can chip pretty good. I never had it happen, but I've seen it on a number of ECLE WoZ machines that weren't as well cared for when moving. Other than that direct print with clear is fantastic.

My ECLE WOZ showed up from the factory with a chip out of the front right side. Small but annoying. As much as I like the look of butter I passed on it for R&M, just don't want to worry about dinging it up.

#4236 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Scooby Doo, Where are You? has 41 episodes, so exactly as many as Rick and Morty through season 4.

So many ghost and monsters they can use. It will be interesting to see if Kaneda was right from the beginning. He was right about Mando.

#4237 2 years ago

These seem to be the TOP 10 requested machines (excluding vaults / already released games) in the past few years / recently on Pinside various threads:

Back To The Future (updated / remake)
JAWS
Evil Dead Trilogy / 2 / AOD
Scooby Doo
Beetlejuice
Godzilla (updated / remake)
Big Trouble In Little China
Goonies (excluding Guitarded / Ben Heck)
Toy Story
Harry Potter

Spooky can capitalize on half of these on the list.

#4238 2 years ago

It'd be funny if it was GnR, but 80's Axel video footage.

#4239 2 years ago

well, it certainly is Evil Dead or Halloween or they would not have worn those shirts... they also trolled us with Scooby doo so it might not be that one either.

I hope the game is just as good as they are trolling. lol I hope is something I really do not want because I bought too many pins in the last 20 days.

#4240 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

It'd be funny if it was GnR, but 80's Axel video footage.

hahahhahaha

#4241 2 years ago

Halloween wasn't teased in the last video, just about everything else was. Still thinking that is the game.

#4242 2 years ago
Quoted from Capn12:

Halloween wasn't teased in the last video, just about everything else was. Still thinking that is the game.

Although... In theory Charlie had on a Freddy fedora, a Jason hockey jersey, and luke well luke just had a T-Shirt on with Evil Dead 2... But what do you do for HALLOWEEN... you dress up which is what Charlie did.

#4243 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Although... In theory Charlie had on a Freddy fedora, a Jason hockey jersey, and luke well luke just had a T-Shirt on with Evil Dead 2... But what do you do for HALLOWEEN... you dress up which is what Charlie did.

am.gifam.gif
#4244 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Charlie almost always wears a fedora.

#4245 2 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Charlie almost always wears a fedora.

So it isn't IJ either?

Starting to seem the only other option it could be is My Little Pony.

#4246 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Do you mean Corwin (Bug)?

Quoted from Zablon:

Personally, I think the general theme of Scooby Doo is better then the show itself. I can give or take the original show, but still think the theme works perfectly for pinball. I'm ready to solve the case of the Ghost of Caption Cutler by following the glowing footsteps or chase down Charlie the Robot as he's frantically moving between the rides of Funland.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#4247 2 years ago

Throwing in a guess for the next spooky pin after this release... better hurry up Spookey the Lisc is only available ever 23 years LOCK IT IN NOW!

The_Creeper-0 (resized).jpgThe_Creeper-0 (resized).jpg
#4248 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Quoted from lpeters82:

Do you mean Corwin (Bug)?

Personally, I think the general theme of Scooby Doo is better then the show itself. I can give or take the original show, but still think the theme works perfectly for pinball.

Yeah that’s not Luke in the video

That’s Charlie’s son Corwin aka Bug.

And yeah I hope it’s Scooby because my wife would LOVE it!

#4249 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

well, it certainly is Evil Dead or Halloween or they would not have worn those shirts... they also trolled us with Scooby doo so it might not be that one either.
I hope the game is just as good as they are trolling. lol I hope is something I really do not want because I bought too many pins in the last 20 days.

He is wearing a Jason shirt, not a Halloween shirt. Do you guys even know these movies?

#4250 2 years ago

Scooby or Courage would probably be an insta-buy for me

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Performance Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

€ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Discos Pinball Mod Shop

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, FL
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

$ 17.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lermods

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allen Park, MI
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinbald Mods

$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 238.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

There are 13,405 posts in this topic. You are on page 85 of 269.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-2021-game-speculation-thread/page/85?hl=november and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.