7hPz.gif
IMG_6612 (resized).jpeg
harley-quinn-legends-of-the-dark-knight-1_dc-comics_silo (resized).png
tumblr_ndd9vhv4uu1qedb29o1_500.gif
IMG_1836 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1833 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1832 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 13,405 posts in this topic. You are on page 84 of 269.
#4151 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

So, they kind of fudged by having direct print be optional on collector's editions. Practically speaking, that makes 4 SKUs.
Also, it doesn't bug me, but by making the CE numbers potentially limited by the total number of machines (and therefore not really a super-LE), people that buy for rarity might not be happy. Stern's time-tested model of a true LE is better, IMO.

I figured this was coming lol!
So here's some clarity on the direct print still being the one and only option for collectors and blood suckers.
1. We wanted to keep the collectors edition really reasonable for you guys.
2. Not everybody wants a direct print cabinet but we still wanted them to be able to get 100% of the bells and whistles.
3. We wanted bloodsucker customers who really like the direct print cabinet be able to get it and not just lock it into collectors only.
4. As before Morgan will ask at the time the game is built if the direct print option is desired.

I will also note that with the total number of games still being hard limited even if 75% of them were collector it would still be super limited by industry standards.

I truly believe when you guys see the amount of playfields, ramps, flippers and sculpts you are going to see just how hard we tried to give you the best value for your money. This is a ton of game for the price!

#4152 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

I truly believe when you guys see the amount of playfields, ramps, flippers and sculpts you are going to see just how hard we tried to give you the best value for your money. This is a ton of game for the price!

In for CE w./ direct print and interactive topper !! Judging by your facial expressions we can see the excitement come through the YouTube video... can't wait for next week / weeks to come!!! I'll pay you right now ... you know to be a "bug tester" for the credit card through the new ordering direct on the website

#4153 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

I figured this was coming lol!

I'm just glad it was me. What do I win?

Quoted from SpookyLuke:

So here's some clarity on the direct print still being the one and only option for collectors and blood suckers.
1. We wanted to keep the collectors edition really reasonable for you guys.
2. Not everybody wants a direct print cabinet but we still wanted them to be able to get 100% of the bells and whistles.
3. We wanted bloodsucker customers who really like the direct print cabinet be able to get it and not just lock it into collectors only.
4. As before Morgan will ask at the time the game is built if the direct print option is desired.

Oh, so 5 skus:

Standard
Bloodsucker
Bloodsucker w/direct print
Collector's Edition
Collector's Edition w/direct print

Still better than the circus of options before, but why put yourselves through that? On this one you're making unlimited CEs (well, limited only by the total number of units), so just offer the direct print on the CEs and call it good. Look how sexy the inventory management is on this list of SKUs:

Standard
Bloodsucker

Props to you all for working to make your customers happy, but at some point it's an impediment to your actual work flow. Pamper yourselves a little bit. Also, why limit the total pool of pins? Limit the CEs and make the standards and bloodsuckers until demand drops off. That way you don't Rick and Morty yourselves again and leave millions on the table from unmet demand by shooting too low with the stated limit.

Very interested to check out your new topper, too.

#4154 2 years ago

If you want rarity, go Standard! There are only 35 R&M's with "space black" powder coated rails, etc...

#4155 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Oh, so 5 skus:
Standard
Bloodsucker
Collector's Edition
Still better than the circus of options before, but why put yourselves through that? On this one you're making unlimited CEs (well, limited only by the total number of units), so just offer the direct print on the CEs and call it good. Look how sexy the inventory management is on this list of SKUs:
Standard
Bloodsucker
Props to you all for working to make your customers happy, but at some point it's an impediment to your actual work flow. Pamper yourselves a little bit.

Quoted from PinMonk:

Oh, so 5 skus:
Standard
Bloodsucker
Collector's Edition
Standard
Bloodsucker
Props to you all for working to make your customers happy, but at some point it's an impediment to your actual work flow. Pamper yourselves a little bit.
Very interested to check out your new topper, too.

No doubt. I will gauge the feedback and how many headaches it causes this time around. You make a compelling point for sure. Maybe next time we will truly kick it down to the 3 SKUs! See how it goes.

#4156 2 years ago

Wow! this is all really sounding good so far. It sounds like it's packed, and I highly doubt they are lying. I am a 99% going to get a standard at that price. It has to be 1 of the 3 hints right? Halloween, Friday the 13th, or Evil Dead?

#4157 2 years ago

Evil Dead 2 it is...

#4158 2 years ago

At 5:48 in the new vid, Bug says “Distroobi doos”?! Hint?!

#4159 2 years ago

Yeah, I dont care how many CEs they make. Isn't it better for the consumer to get exactly what they want then to have artificially imposed rarity to charge more? Seems silly to root for that as a consumer.

#4160 2 years ago
Quoted from jester523:

Yeah, I dont care how many CEs they make. Isn't it better for the consumer to get exactly what they want then to have artificially imposed rarity to charge more? Seems silly to root for that as a consumer.

Exactly, I want to buy a machine outfitted the way I want, without fighting through all the BS of finding a distro and fondling his balls to get one...too much ball fondling lately btw...

#4161 2 years ago

Spooky could definitely make more money for themselves by hard limiting the number of collector editions and raising the price. Seems that ranks lower of the company's priorities than other things.

#4162 2 years ago
Quoted from jester523:

I'd rather have Spooky spend that time doing more QA on each machine. They have limited time per machine, and 5 SKUs vs 3 for no real benefit just needlessly complicates the sales and supply flow. Spend the time saved on the important stuff.

If someone wants a direct print cab (and why wouldn't they, they're awesome - despite being awesomely chippable), they'll come up with the CE money. It's not that big of a jump.

#4163 2 years ago

A crossover theme.

197854125_4048361208573315_4221038742161513193_n (resized).jpg197854125_4048361208573315_4221038742161513193_n (resized).jpg
#4164 2 years ago
Quoted from jester523:

Well they offered all la carte on previous games and sounded like a pain in the ass for both them and distributors. I would think you could get most of these add-ons through Pinball Life if you bought a standard. Could have charged a lot more on these games so you're really focusing on the wrong company when it comes to that.

#4165 2 years ago

IMHO keeping Butter Cabinets as an option is very important.

Butter Cabinets aren't a good idea for operators and locations. They're great for basements where they'll never get moved and bounced around by the general public that don't give a crap if the cabinet can't be repaired if damaged.

A lot of operators will want all the great upgrades like the topper, so will buy a CE, but they definitely aren't going to want the clear coated Butter Cabinet.
--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics
http://LockWhenLit.com
Quality Board Work - In Home Service
LockWhenLit at gmail dot com

#4166 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

So, they kind of fudged by having direct print be optional on collector's editions. Practically speaking, that makes 4 SKUs.
Also, it doesn't bug me, but by making the CE numbers potentially only limited by the total number of machines spooky will build for this title (and therefore not really a super-LE), people that buy for rarity might not be happy as most of the pins built could be CEs. Stern's time-tested model of a true LE is better, IMO.

I honestly don't care one bit about people buying for rarity. I think it is great they are only limited by the total - although I think I missed (or they didn't state) the total #. I thought it was 1k, but not sure on that.

Prices are nice. They are trolling so hard with their outfits lol.

Something I wonder about though, why does everyone make CE's first..those are generally the worst built of the bunch You would think distros would be mostly buying standards which you want out front.

Thank you Spooky for the update and clarifications.

#4167 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Spooky could definitely make more money for themselves by hard limiting the number of collector editions and raising the price. Seems that ranks lower of the company's priorities than other things.

It seems like they’re more interested in building a really good reputation then maximizing their money right now. I think it’s a good move. As they expand, having a good reputation will mean a lot more than a little bit of extra bucks right now. It also seems like they don’t really want pinball to be an exclusive club with exclusive access and instead make an already expensive hobby as accessible as possible to as many people as they can, even if it means a little less money for them.

#4168 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Could have charged a lot more on these games so you're really focusing on the wrong company when it comes to that.

I wasn't referring to what spooky is doing with. I was more referring to the Stern LE craziness, and why people would want to replicate that by limiting CEs. I also wasn't really saying to have a customized product, or 100 skus either, just that I liked not limiting the skus they have as it gives the consumer a choice, not a headace.

#4169 2 years ago

I'm back! What did I miss?

Oh and it's still not Beetlejuice.

#4170 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

You are early for the announcement of another great Spooky pin !

Charlie and Spooky are really ramping up their game for this one.

LTG : )
Disclaimer : Betelgeuse maybe ?

#4171 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Oh and it's still not Beetlejuice.

justin-timberlake-is-not-happy.gifjustin-timberlake-is-not-happy.gif
#4172 2 years ago

Not sure I'm ready for this! Didn't you all see the hint in Charlie's hockey jersey?

Untitled (resized).jpgUntitled (resized).jpg

#4173 2 years ago

I like everything about this new approach so far…
Hoping it’s Food Cart for the slam dunk.

#4174 2 years ago

Glad to see butter as still an option. It's absolutely spectacular.

Imo having that be an option on different models may raise the sku count but it's a negligible difference when it comes to the complexity of the other build options.

#4175 2 years ago
Quoted from dri:

Not sure I'm ready for this! Didn't you all see the hint in Charlie's hockey jersey?
[quoted image]

If only. They'd sell a ton of Resident Evil, and there's a mountain of content to work with.

#4176 2 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

At 5:48 in the new vid, Bug says “Distroobi doos”?! Hint?!

He really did tho!

I sure hope it's Scooby Doo.

Evil dead is a (very) close and formidable 2nd....

IMHO it would suck if it were f13 or Halloween.

Scooby is also they only one of these "top guesses" that they were NOT WEARING in the video.

#4177 2 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

He really did tho!
I sure hope it's Scooby Doo.
Evil dead is a (very) close and formidable 2nd....
IMHO it would suck if it were f13 or Halloween.
Scooby is also they only one of these "top guesses" that they were NOT WEARING in the video.

There is nothing Halloween being worn, either.

#4178 2 years ago

waynes world!!!

Hockey shirt, the mask, Alice Cooper....

It’s lining up to it?!?

#4179 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Did you get LeBron James as a voice actor?

#4180 2 years ago
Quoted from Cantabkiwi:

waynes world!!!
Hockey shirt, the mask, Alice Cooper....
It’s lining up to it?!?

I will be okay with this.

#4181 2 years ago

Just happy to see a pinball company who just cares about making pinball and having fun not feeding in to the flippers or deep pockets. Their games will be valuable regardless of model. Everyone gets a fair shake at it - I admire that.

#4182 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_tagram:

Prices are reasonable
[quoted image]

If it’s the right title I’ll get the CE and sell something. Never had to do that before , but rooms limited.

#4183 2 years ago

What the hell Spooky!! This whole thing is stupid. I HATE it.

I'll be ordering a CE........

#4184 2 years ago

I can't believe no one commented on the 'veiny paint' on the CE. They talked like we should know what that means, which makes me think that in that cabinet photo, the purple/black part IS part of the armor and that is the paintjob they are referring to. I still can't figure out why it looks so familiar...

#4185 2 years ago

How do you mean familiar?

Quoted from Zablon:

I can't believe no one commented on the 'veiny paint' on the CE. They talked like we should know what that means, which makes me think that in that cabinet photo, the purple/black part IS part of the armor and that is the paintjob they are referring to. I still can't figure out why it looks so familiar...

#4186 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

No doubt. I will gauge the feedback and how many headaches it causes this time around. You make a compelling point for sure. Maybe next time we will truly kick it down to the 3 SKUs! See how it goes.

I like the option. Decals look good and don't make me persperate when my kids are playing the game

#4187 2 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

How do you mean familiar?

As in, I swear I've seen it before, it's recognizable for the brand of whatever license it is. I thought that the moment I saw it, and is why I thought it was He-Man.

#4188 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Might be like the cabinet on the Batman 66 SLE that had a raised feel to portions of it.

#4189 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I'd rather have Spooky spend that time doing more QA on each machine. They have limited time per machine, and 5 SKUs vs 3 for no real benefit just needlessly complicates the sales and supply flow. Spend the time saved on the important stuff.
If someone wants a direct print cab (and why wouldn't they, they're awesome - despite being awesomely chippable), they'll come up with the CE money. It's not that big of a jump.

I think what you aren't taking into account is that those cabs have to go out to be made. I would think what they should do is at time of order, you state if you want that option or not, so they can get them all out to get made now, rather than waiting until yours is on the line.

#4190 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I can't believe no one commented on the 'veiny paint' on the CE. They talked like we should know what that means, which makes me think that in that cabinet photo, the purple/black part IS part of the armor and that is the paintjob they are referring to.

Perhaps I'm missing something, but vein coating is the textured powdercoat seen on past Spooky games (ACNC being thicker and feels higher quality IMO [compared to AMH/RZ vein]).

Could be any color, but silver is what they've commonly gone with.

Starting to lose hope for a NoES pin, but the glove (and burned skin)-like copper vein in the middle could be awesome if it was

sdfsdfsdf (resized).jpgsdfsdfsdf (resized).jpg

#4191 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I think what you aren't taking into account is that those cabs have to go out to be made. I would think what they should do is at time of order, you state if you want that option or not, so they can get them all out to get made now, rather than waiting until yours is on the line.

It's all just more management and time for various parts of Spooky. And I'm pretty sure they do just in time inventory for things like cabs, so it's a continuous thing. It all takes time.

#4192 2 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Vein coating is the textured powdercoat seen on past Spooky games (ACNC being thicker and feels higher quality IMO [compared to AMH/RZ vein]).
Could be any color, but silver is what they've commonly gone with.
Starting to lose hope for a NoES pin, but the glove-like copper vein like the middle could be awesome if it was
[quoted image]

Ah okay. I never thought of that as veiny...more like mottled or hammered.

#4193 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It's all just more management and time for various parts of Spooky. And I'm pretty sure they do just in time inventory for things like cabs, so it's a continuous thing. It all takes time.

They do butters in batches is what I mean.

#4194 2 years ago
Quoted from jester523:

This is why I love Spooky. They want to give everyone the opportunity to enjoy the game at a price point and feature set they want. The peoples' pinball company!

#4195 2 years ago

We the peoples’, are awaiting Charlie the pinball Whisperer’s, reveal of the next Spooky title ….

#4196 2 years ago

Can someone please explain what exactly is a butter cabinet?

#4197 2 years ago

They are going to sell out in 2 hours this time.

#4198 2 years ago

Direct print on cabinet, not a decal

Quoted from Optimumsam:

Can someone please explain what exactly is a butter cabinet?

#4200 2 years ago

No way, it only sold out that fast because of the theme and the production numbers. There will be more of this game and the license (albeit cool I’m sure) will likely not garner the absolute feeding frenzy that RaM did. So...I’m guessing it’ll be sold out by 4pm day of sale haha

Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

They are going to sell out in 2 hours this time.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Mooshue's Market

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 80.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 45.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wilkes-barre, PA
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Northport, NY
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Protection
Gameroom Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Monson, MA
$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 13,405 posts in this topic. You are on page 84 of 269.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-2021-game-speculation-thread/page/84?hl=manadams and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.