7hPz.gif
IMG_6612 (resized).jpeg
harley-quinn-legends-of-the-dark-knight-1_dc-comics_silo (resized).png
tumblr_ndd9vhv4uu1qedb29o1_500.gif
IMG_1836 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1833 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1832 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 13,399 posts in this topic. You are on page 82 of 268.
#4051 2 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

So a lot of people are making guesses, but not putting their money where their mouth is.
I will donate $100 to Pinside if it doesn't start with an H and end with an N.

Someone make this a key post

#4052 2 years ago

I have to stick with Scooby been preaching too much .Halloween is my gut feeling .The Shining, I’m scared I’ll have a grabber .

#4053 2 years ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

Wait I thought Halloween was officially denied. If not, def my #1 preference even more than Freddy

New trailer just dropped too!

#4054 2 years ago

Fingers crossed!

Airbuddies (resized).jpgAirbuddies (resized).jpg

Snow_buddies_poster (resized).jpgSnow_buddies_poster (resized).jpg

MV5BMTMyMDYyODI2NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMjg3OTQyMg@@._V1_UY1200_CR117,0,630,1200_AL_ (resized).jpgMV5BMTMyMDYyODI2NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMjg3OTQyMg@@._V1_UY1200_CR117,0,630,1200_AL_ (resized).jpg

SpookyBuddies (resized).jpgSpookyBuddies (resized).jpg

Santa_Buddies (resized).jpgSanta_Buddies (resized).jpg

Treasure_Buddies_Poster (resized).jpgTreasure_Buddies_Poster (resized).jpg

Super_Buddies_(film)_poster (resized).jpgSuper_Buddies_(film)_poster (resized).jpg

#4055 2 years ago

I am sticking with Scooby

#4056 2 years ago

You need proper horror....
Free flesh mask in each coin box whilst playing
3AD099F2-9328-479B-B718-0D5EB85AB72A (resized).jpeg3AD099F2-9328-479B-B718-0D5EB85AB72A (resized).jpeg

#4057 2 years ago

Woof

923C6051-8D61-44BC-99D7-5183B09D1496 (resized).jpeg923C6051-8D61-44BC-99D7-5183B09D1496 (resized).jpeg
#4058 2 years ago

Hmmm that sort of looks the shape of the upper right playfield

pasted_image (resized).jpegpasted_image (resized).jpeg
#4059 2 years ago

Any Idea of when Rick and Morty production will end?

#4060 2 years ago

Could someone overlay the pumpkin snd the playfield cutout?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#4061 2 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

Could someone overlay the pumpkin snd the playfield cutout?
[quoted image]

I mean.. mayyybe it could fit in that space?

halloween pocket (resized).pnghalloween pocket (resized).png
#4062 2 years ago
Quoted from oneballjab:

Well here’s my magnificent seven...
1) Big Trouble In Little China
2) Evil Dead
3) Little Shop Of Horrors
4) Lost Boys
5) Beetlejuice
6) The Thing
7) Who Framed Roger Rabbit
Go ahead Spooky, make my day!

You started off really strong with 1,2 and 4, but you went way off the ranch there at the end.

#4063 2 years ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

He Man? I hope it's Halloween

#4064 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

The reality is, that's a narrative that sounds good, but isn't true. 50 or so games were pre allocated to 'top people' if you remember that whole ordeal. Around half went to distros. that left only around 300ish on Spooky's site. **numbers aren't exact**
Unpopular opinion is if they are going to 'simplify' things by having 3 tiers (smh) then they should 'simplify' things by either going all distro or only on their web site. They have yet to announce what changes they've made to this process and that is concerning. I have a feeling they are going to 'spring' those changes on us with the announcement and you are going to see a lot of people who aren't hammering refresh on pinside or facebook completely confused about how to order.

Actually we will be doing a video to clear these things up early in the week!

#4065 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Good to hear!

#4066 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Awesome news to wake up to!

#4067 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Deleted, didnt have coffee yet!

#4068 2 years ago

Pretty sure Camp Crystal was F13.

#4069 2 years ago

I’m still hoping for TNA 2.0 but that playfield sure ain’t it.

#4070 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Lots of clues in this quote: "Actually" could be Love Actually. '"Will" could relate to a Will Smith theme? Men in Black possibly? "video" is Videodrome, obviously. "Things" is The Thing, maybe. "Up", hope it's not the Disney flick. "Week", something kinky for the grown ups - 9 1/2 weeks perhaps.

#4071 2 years ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

Lots of clues in this quote: "Actually" could be Love Actually. '"Will" could relate to a Will Smith theme? Men in Black possibly? "video" is Videodrome, obviously. "Things" is The Thing, maybe. "Up", hope it's not the Disney flick. "Week", something kinky for the grown ups - 9 1/2 weeks perhaps.

How about zero clues to do with the new title, but all about how to order games.

#4072 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

How about zero clues to do with the new title, but all about how to order games.

*woosh*

#4073 2 years ago

I don’t think Halloween could be any good.
Only because there is no memorable quotes.
No real main character to even care about.
Jamie lee Curtis screaming every second is about the only call out they can use.
Obviously Micheal doesn’t talk.
Please tell me some good call outs for this theme ?

#4074 2 years ago

Stacked and Loaded refers to the multiple play levels...? Also the Halloween Pumpkin and knife logo does seem to fit as overlaid
on the board.

#4075 2 years ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

Pretty sure Camp Crystal was F13.

D'oh! Hadn't had coffee yet!

#4076 2 years ago

So you guys think the hole in the pf is the exact shape of the upper pf? No.

#4077 2 years ago

Exactly, and who wants to look up at the LCD and just see ten minute long slow pans of a dark room? Booooring. The theme is too slow, pensive and uneventful to work with the kinetic energy of modern pinball imo

Quoted from Wariodolby:

Jamie lee Curtis screaming every second is about the only call out they can use.

#4078 2 years ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

Dr. Loomis.. "I shot him 5 times"..
The iconic sound effects and music and soundtrack from John Carpenter..
I agree that Michael and Jason not talking makes it harder to translate to a pin, but you can substitute so much instead. Now a new Freddy Krueger game... he has so many iconic on-liners..

#4079 2 years ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

Yeah, this is my opinion as well. If this was a 80's style SS pin, sure, it would be fine, but today requires more integration with assets, so you might get Loomis quotes, Lauri quotes, but that would be it. Then it would be generic callouts - unless you are lucky and get main actors to do callouts. I mean..it's always possible. Just depends on $$ and willingness to do it, but I tend to be a bit pickier about callouts (had this discussion before in the R&M thread - which has amazing callouts). Most non character actor callouts tend to be flat and no excitement.

#4080 2 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

I mean.. mayyybe it could fit in that space?[quoted image]

Could also be said for Whitewater... fits just the same, but yet isn't halloween... ?

#4081 2 years ago

I am so excited that MacReady and Childs are still around to have done the custom voicework for the machine. Spooky for the win!

spooky_thing (resized).jpegspooky_thing (resized).jpeg
#4082 2 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:I am so excited that MacReady and Childs are still around to have done the custom voicework for the machine. Spooky for the win![quoted image]

I can't imagine how a pin would be made out of this, and the backlash to all the gorey video assets, but I'd be in just because someone had the balls to attempt such a feat.

#4083 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Yeah, this is my opinion as well. If this was a 80's style SS pin, sure, it would be fine, but today requires more integration with assets, so you might get Loomis quotes, Lauri quotes, but that would be it. Then it would be generic callouts - unless you are lucky and get main actors to do callouts. I mean..it's always possible. Just depends on $$ and willingness to do it, but I tend to be a bit pickier about callouts (had this discussion before in the R&M thread - which has amazing callouts). Most non character actor callouts tend to be flat and no excitement.

#4084 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I can't imagine how a pin would be made out of this, and the backlash to all the gorey video assets, but I'd be in just because someone had the balls to attempt such a feat.

I always thought it would be a perfect theme for a pin personally.

#4085 2 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

I always thought it would be a perfect theme for a pin personally.

My opinion has more to do with what would be required to make it a pin in todays market. In the early days you could make a pinball machine and slap pretty much any theme on it without a ton of thought (I know that's very generic, not belittling designers of the time). Point is, aside from the cab art/pf art and backglass, you didn't have to worry about assets as much. Think about what the movie is and has. Can you imagine a modern pin with this theme without the creature transformations, or the gory stuff? I can't. I think it would be very niche. Maybe...I could be wrong. I would LOVE a great pin on the theme, I just doubt it could be done right.

EDIT: Of course, really all it requires is the will and $$. If the team designing is good and imaginative, any number of questionable themes could turn into a great game. We have to keep in mind we're only talking about ~1000 games.

#4086 2 years ago

@Robodobro

That's awesome, but they didn't have to deal with licenses and people saying no

Also, since we're talking about it. Slam, that's a great looking table. I haven't messed with FP in since NMoES and figuring out how to make the assets work on pinDMD.

#4087 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Could you clear up confusion on the timing of the unveil? Please?

#4088 2 years ago

There is no confusion. There was never a release date. Don’t be a Karen. The game will revealed when they reveal it.

Quoted from Jack8765:

Could you clear up confusion on the timing of the unveil? Please?

#4089 2 years ago

Why all the hand wringing? I'm looking forward to the reveal, too, but it's not going on sale immediately upon reveal, so chillax!

#4090 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Mic drop!

#4091 2 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Why all the hand wringing? I'm looking forward to the reveal, too, but it's not going on sale immediately upon reveal, so chillax!

Some of us are waiting for the reveal because if its not a theme we want, we can move on to another pin we do want. So until then we won’t chillax. You may be able to buy more than one NIB, but many of us are not in that situation.

#4092 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Some of us are waiting for the reveal because if its not a theme we want, we can move on to another pin we do want. So until then we won’t chillax. You may be able to buy more than one NIB, but many of us are not in that situation.

I'm with you, but I'm really hoping it isn't a theme I want so I DON'T buy another right now I'm sure it will be great regardless. Honestly, pinside has been hell on my wallet because before I found pinside, I was perfectly happy with my 5 pins that I've had for 15+ years

#4093 2 years ago

I had no idea how deciding what pin to buy next is so life and death!

But yeah, if I decide to read a thread that grows to 4000 posts of meaningless conjecture, that's on me! Go nuts!

And to be honest, I'm a little antsy to find out, myself. When Beetlejuice was on the table, I was more concerned how to come up with the dough, but that title has been ruled out, as I recall.

And under the pf sure looks interesting! Still, I can relax knowing I won't want a CE, whatever the title, so I don't even need to be on the ball like I was for R&M, no four hour "sellout" this time!

#4094 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I'm with you, but I'm really hoping it isn't a theme I want so I DON'T buy another right now I'm sure it will be great regardless. Honestly, pinside has been hell on my wallet because before I found pinside, I was perfectly happy with my 5 pins that I've had for 15+ years

Same here, my first 5 pins were from the 70’s, 80’s, and early 90’s. I want Mandalorian, but I want to see what spooky is doing first. I don’t want to regret buying Mando, but I also don’t want to wait next year to get Mando because I missed out on putting a deposit down for the August run because I am waiting for Spooky’s announcement.

#4095 2 years ago

Same here, my first 5 pins were from the 70’s, 80’s, and early 90’s. I want Mandalorian, but I want to see what spooky is doing first. I don’t want to regret buying Mando, but I also don’t want to wait next year to get Mando because I missed out on putting a deposit down for the August run because I am waiting for Spooky’s announcement.

Crazy how crowded the pinball hobby has become that we wait to pick which one to buy....hard to complain about that.

#4096 2 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

I had no idea how deciding what pin to buy next is so life and death!
But yeah, if I decide to read a thread that grows to 4000 posts of meaningless conjecture, that's on me! Go nuts!
And to be honest, I'm a little antsy to find out, myself. When Beetlejuice was on the table, I was more concerned how to come up with the dough, but that title has been ruled out, as I recall.
And under the pf sure looks interesting! Still, I can relax knowing I won't want a CE, whatever the title, so I don't even need to be on the ball like I was for R&M, no four hour "sellout" this time!

Seems your angry in this thread and the UFO thread . Perhaps a little of this Spearmint. This is such a stimulating scent, but it also helps relax the respiratory and nervous system. ...

#4097 2 years ago

Not really sure this is sympathy worthy, lol.

Anyone able to afford even one machine is in a much better spot than many.

#4098 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

There is no confusion. There was never a release date. Don’t be a Karen. The game will revealed when they reveal it.

I’m sincerely thankful we still have a company who can keep a lid on things. So refreshing.

#4099 2 years ago

Totally! Would be amazing. And Pirates of the Caribbean the Ride- not the stupid movie franchise.

Quoted from mrclean:

Haunted MansioN !! I’m totally IN!!
Would be amazing but not based off the Disney movie (based off a ride), would much prefer it based off strictly the ride! I can see them placing you in a doom buggy in the camera into the backbox to show on the LCD as you “hitch” a ride with a ghost. Madame Leota Can appear to float through a levitating “magnetic crystal ball” where her image is projected onto. You have a functioning old purplish grandfather clock built in the backbox. The topper has the skeleton lifting the coffin. On the playfield a peppers ghost is achieved while displaying the ghost ball room dancers, dancing around the pops. The “stretching room” the playfields stretch towards the top creating multiple playfields. The graveyard scene can be achieved with black light / lighting. Backbox can also have a floating endless hallway effect with the use of mirrors. [quoted image]

#4100 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

If there’s no confusion, when is it genius?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus
Plastics
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wilkes-barre, PA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
NinjaCamp Mods
Protection
$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
NinjaCamp Mods
Other
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ScottieIA Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods
Other
Machine - For Sale
Saginaw, MI
$ 35.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods
Shooter rods
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 300.00
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods
Toys/Add-ons
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball
Decals
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy
Protection
There are 13,399 posts in this topic. You are on page 82 of 268.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-2021-game-speculation-thread/page/82 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.