7hPz.gif
IMG_6612 (resized).jpeg
harley-quinn-legends-of-the-dark-knight-1_dc-comics_silo (resized).png
tumblr_ndd9vhv4uu1qedb29o1_500.gif
IMG_1836 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1833 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1832 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 13,399 posts in this topic. You are on page 75 of 268.
#3701 2 years ago

What are you all see as thinking three optos on the elevators? Besides the servos - what other wired elements are you pointing at?

One has a pinion gear... the other looks to be ratcheting.

Eta: I think you are talking about the optos in the subway before the pinion driven elevator?

#3702 2 years ago

Anyone have a part number for the opto's spooky typically uses?

#3703 2 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Well. For one :
I am excited to buy it.
So No comparison at all, here.

How can you be excited to buy something when you have no idea what the theme is???

I hope I can get excited, but I'm out if it's Garth Brooks, Skip-Bo or The Bachelorette.

#3704 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

How can you be excited to buy something when you have no idea what the theme is???
I hope I can get excited, but I'm out if it's Garth Brooks, Skip-Bo or The Bachelorette.

Ben has not denied any of those.

PS: As someone who's owned Congo and Hardbody, I can say that a great theme is not necessary for me to enjoy a game.

#3705 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Only way I would opt out is if it was something lame, like The Goonies.

#3706 2 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Only way I would opt out is if it was something lame, like The Goonies.

Guitarded is in for a Lance Bass pin. Confirmed.

#3707 2 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

I am thinking Futurama.

Damn I hope so, but I might have to sell my left nut if it is

#3708 2 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

I am thinking Futurama.

That would be an INSTANT buy for me!!!

#3709 2 years ago

Could be AMH # 2

#3710 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Could be AMH # 2

America's More-Better Haunted!

#3711 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

That would be an INSTANT buy for me!!!

Oh baby! Dream theme there.

#3712 2 years ago

Remember the obvious hint: STACKED and LOADED.

I'm pretty sure STACKED refers to the multiple upper pf stack. What about loaded? Did Charlie simply mean the game is loaded with features and mechs, or is LOADED a clue to the theme???

#3713 2 years ago

Widebody??

#3714 2 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

I'm pretty sure STACKED refers to the multiple upper pf stack. What about loaded? Did Charlie simply mean the game is loaded with features and mechs, or is LOADED a clue to the theme???

Maybe loaded refers to loading balls in the subway?

#3715 2 years ago

It is clearly not a widebod

#3716 2 years ago

Stacked and Loaded are ways you describe your hash brown order from Waffle House.

#3717 2 years ago
Quoted from shlt_thunder:

Stacked and Loaded are ways you describe your hash brown order from Waffle House.

Huh, I thought that's what happens a few hours later after you finish your Waffle House order.

#3718 2 years ago
Quoted from goingincirclez:

America's More-Better Haunted!

Oh man, don't tease me!

#3719 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Ben has not denied any of those.
PS: As someone who's owned Congo and Hardbody, I can say that a great theme is not necessary for me to enjoy a game.

Never played Hardbody, but themes like Congo and The Shadow were based on *ok* movies, yet made fantastic pins. I think those are instances where the gameplay overcame the theme.

I need to be excited about a theme in order to spend $7-$10k on a new game (and get rid of a game in my lineup).

#3720 2 years ago

This looks intriguing to say the least. I love Spooky as a company. Loved my TnA and love my R&M!

How do I become a Fang Club Member?

#3721 2 years ago
Quoted from oneballjab:

HOLY CRAP! I think it is actually A Nightmare On Elm Street.
I’m thinking the five long inserts could correspond to the first 5 A Nightmare On Elm Street Movies part 1 to 5.
They are the only ones named ANOES after that it’s Freddy’s Dead the final Nightmare, Wes Craven’s A New Nightmare, Freddy Vs Jason and the 2010 remake.
Looks like you work your way up through the movies part 1 to 5.

Not a chance. Your premise can work with any movie that has sequels. Be prepared to be disappointed. The teaser art work is clearly NOT a Nightmare On Elm Street.

#3722 2 years ago

Sorry to be a stickler here, but stacked and loaded are not options at WaHo.

You get to pick from Scattered, Smothered, Covered, Chunked, Peppered, Capped, Topped, Diced and Country.

I am a scattered, smothered, covered and peppered man myself.

#3723 2 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Maybe the ratcheting elevator mech... loading like a gun magazine... for you know.. iconic guns

#3724 2 years ago

Nope, neither are a descriptor

Chunked - ham
Covered - cheese
Smothered - onions
Peppered - jalapenos
Capped - mushrooms
Diced - tomatoes
Topped - chili
Scattered - not in a ring
Well - extra crispy

You know, Waffle House would be a better theme than Food Truck... but then again we're talking here about a company that actually ship games..

Quoted from Gorgar123:

Sorry to be a stickler here, but stacked and loaded are not options at WaHo.

Beat me to it. Scattered well, chunked and double peppered for me.

#3725 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Chunked - ham
Covered - cheese
Smothered - onions
Peppered - jalapenos
Capped - mushrooms
Diced - tomatoes
Topped - chili
Well - extra crispy
You know, Waffle House would be a better theme than Food Truck... but then again we're talking here about a company that actually ship games..

Diner retheme in 3...2...

#3726 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Chunked - ham
Covered - cheese
Smothered - onions
Peppered - jalapenos
Capped - mushrooms
Diced - tomatoes
Topped - chili
Well - extra crispy

Beat me to it. Scattered well, chunked and double peppered for me.

IDK about Waffle House but I'd buy an In-n-Out pin from Spooky sight unseen.

Whoever suggested Blade Runner got me excited (skyscrapers would fit in with the 'stacked' playfields), but I don't think that'd fit the little snippet of art we've seen... Really hoping the reveal is tomorrow.

#3727 2 years ago

Update:
- Found some more LEDs on the right upper playfield
- On the image, you can see what appears to be a ramp return through the holes on the left, and the ramp return has holes in it so that the balls can fall through.
- The position of the flipper for the upper left playfield is just a guess, but that way the mech would fit between the ramp and the inner loop.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#3728 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

The teaser art work is clearly NOT a Nightmare On Elm Street.

While I have no idea what the game is, such stones can be tied to the boiler room in NoES, and there's even a stone arch for the Gottlieb game's boiler area, so I can't agree that it's "clearly" not NoES.

#3729 2 years ago

Admit it, you'd be proud to add this to your lineup.

tb (resized).jpgtb (resized).jpg
#3730 2 years ago
Quoted from proco:

Update:
- On the image, you can see what appears to be a ramp return through the holes on the left, and the ramp return has holes in it so that the balls can fall through.
- The position of the flipper for the upper left playfield is just a guess, but that way the mech would fit between the ramp and the inner loop.
[quoted image]

Damn you're good

#3731 2 years ago

Has the boardgame Clue been guessed yet? With the teaser graphic, and all the trap doors / passageways, makes me think it would fit. Maybe the X inserts represent rooms, and once you clear a room then it lights red to show its not the one? I see seven shown, and maybe two more on the upper playfield? I also think a Scooby-Doo haunted castle mystery theme would fit well with both the graphic and trap doors, but I think it's been eliminated already.

#3732 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:Not a chance. Your premise can work with any movie that has sequels. Be prepared to be disappointed. The teaser art work is clearly NOT a Nightmare On Elm Street.

I’m not even a big ANOES fan, certainly not a dream theme for me but I think it could be kinda cool.
I’m impressed how you can rule things out with such certainty based on an ultra zoomed in picture of...let’s face facts, god knows what, Bravo Sir!

#3733 2 years ago

Alice Cooper's Care-a-lot Castle

#3734 2 years ago

The inserts look like ascending/descending levels to me, I’m getting a Gauntlet vibe. Wizard needs food!

#3735 2 years ago

Some of those shots look awful tight. I guess we'll see soon. I think the upper right playfield is actually 2 pieces with one section partially overlapping the other.

#3736 2 years ago

Also... 2 guns? ...5 chapters? stacked and loaded? Could be based on the Resident Evil movies?

#3737 2 years ago

Close, the right upper playfield is actually two different playfields. I’m guessing with a short ramp between them.

Quoted from proco:

Update:
[quoted image]

#3738 2 years ago
Quoted from proco:

Update:
[quoted image]

The middle ramp going to the left upper playfield…how about split the ramp, going to both playfields, with a diverter that’s manually controlled (like The Shadow)…you can choose what playfield you go to.

#3739 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Close, the right upper playfield is actually two different playfields. I’m guessing with a short ramp between them.

Maybe a Jump Ramp... Robo Cop Style!

#3740 2 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I wonder how this will compare to G&R and Mando?

why does it have to? both of the other games have their own pros and cons, as will this game. that is the beauty of modern pinball, there are so many choices that people can take advantage of. I have a GnR in my collection along with a few others. It doesn't make me want to play any of the other games less because it's sitting there.

This new game from spooky will have it's own merits and stand on it's own feet for what it is, not for what it is compared to others.

and if you wish to have all 3 in your house... let me know. we can make that happen!

Happy pinballing!

#3741 2 years ago

First time poster, long(ish) time lurker. My family got our first machine this year, an IMDN Pro, and we love it. Since then we've been following pinsider to see what we want to add next. With that in mind, I wanted to throw out a guess for the next Spooky pin.

"Stacked and Loaded" is often used to reference an ensemble cast of a movie, or a movie made when talent was relatively unknown and the movie was fortunate to be packed with stars for a somewhat cheap budget.

The random "groovy" reference was intentional I think from the last video. Also, I think "loaded" may have a meaning related to intoxication.

What movie had a stacked cast that was loaded and told a groovy story? Dazed and Confused. I'd love to see a moon tower upper playfield. Possibly a Top Notch or Emporium separate upper playfield.

I would hope you play as Wooderson (L.I.V.I.N.), but you'd probably play as Mitch.

Dazed_and_Confused_(1993)_poster (resized).jpgDazed_and_Confused_(1993)_poster (resized).jpg

#3742 2 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

why does it have to? both of the other games have their own pros and cons, as will this game. that is the beauty of modern pinball, there are so many choices that people can take advantage of. I have a GnR in my collection along with a few others. It doesn't make me want to play any of the other games less because it's sitting there.
This new game from spooky will have it's own merits and stand on it's own feet for what it is, not for what it is compared to others.
and if you wish to have all 3 in your house... let me know. we can make that happen!
Happy pinballing!

THIS IS THE INTERNET! IT HAS TO MATTER TO FEED THE I AM RIGHT MENTALITY!

#3743 2 years ago
Quoted from proco:

Update:
[quoted image]

Edit: Oops..those would be for the slings. My bad.

Still got a couple of solenoids here you need to add. Maybe popup posts? If so, awfully close to the flippers.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#3744 2 years ago

Those are the slingshots.

#3745 2 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Still got a couple of solenoids here you need to add. Maybe popup posts? If so, awfully close to the flippers.
[quoted image]

Wouldn't those be the slings?

#3746 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Those are the slingshots.

Quoted from Calfdemon:

Wouldn't those be the slings?

LOL, yeah...realized that immediately after I hit 'post'! Duh

#3747 2 years ago

That ain’t it BB

Quoted from medeski7:

First time poster, long(ish) time lurker. My family got our first machine this year, an IMDN Pro, and we love it. Since then we've been following pinsider to see what we want to add next. With that in mind, I wanted to throw out a guess for the next Spooky pin.
"Stacked and Loaded" is often used to reference an ensemble cast of a movie, or a movie made when talent was relatively unknown and the movie was fortunate to be packed with stars for a somewhat cheap budget.
The random "groovy" reference was intentional I think from the last video. Also, I think "loaded" may have a meaning related to intoxication.
What movie had a stacked cast that was loaded and told a groovy story? Dazed and Confused. I'd love to see a moon tower upper playfield. Possibly a Top Notch or Emporium separate upper playfield.
I would hope you play as Wooderson (L.I.V.I.N.), but you'd probably play as Mitch.
[quoted image]

#3748 2 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

While I have no idea what the game is, such stones can be tied to the boiler room in NoES, and there's even a stone arch for the Gottlieb game's boiler area, so I can't agree that it's "clearly" not NoES.

Your really reaching. Seriously that’s a stretch. No way those are stones in a boiler room. Your looking for something that is not there.

#3749 2 years ago
Quoted from medeski7:

[quoted image]

Please spooky announce already. I can’t take anymore of these speculations that are clearly wrong. Did you not see the teaser pic of the art on the cabinet? Your sounding dazed and confused.

#3750 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Your really reaching. Seriously that’s a stretch. No way those are stones in a boiler room. Your looking for something that is not there.

s-l300 (resized).jpgs-l300 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus
Plastics
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
NinjaCamp Mods
Protection
$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
NinjaCamp Mods
Other
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ScottieIA Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods
Other
9,300 (OBO)
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chester, VA
$ 35.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods
Shooter rods
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 300.00
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Saginaw, MI
$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball
Decals
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy
Protection
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 13,399 posts in this topic. You are on page 75 of 268.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-2021-game-speculation-thread/page/75 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.