7hPz.gif
IMG_6612 (resized).jpeg
harley-quinn-legends-of-the-dark-knight-1_dc-comics_silo (resized).png
tumblr_ndd9vhv4uu1qedb29o1_500.gif
IMG_1836 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1833 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1832 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 13,405 posts in this topic. You are on page 74 of 269.
#3651 2 years ago

Hellraiser

Added over 3 years ago:

?

#3652 2 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

You guys are right. I’m a dummy. But hey. That means two new unique mechs in this bad boy.

No they look the same to me. Just that on one of them the sector gear (noted as "wheel"?) is in the other position.

The optical illusion blending two parts of identical colouring. I think it's the same mech. Perhaps different positions.

#3653 2 years ago

Scooby-Doo Haunted Mansion could be a go for me.....fresh cartoon theme w fun edge...

#3654 2 years ago

Aside from the mechs, I'm trying to envision the art around that stack of inserts up the middle, to help determine the theme. There's 14, plus the angled one in front of the 3bank, plus two off to the side. Some kind of frequency analyzer? Stack of bricks? Stack of ??? with bits coming off the top?

Also, does the center 3bank of drops actually have all three drops in it? No insert lamp in front for the center spot, but appears to be the top of an insert arrow peeking out from the center-rear.

#3655 2 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

No they look the same to me. Just that on one of them the sector gear (noted as "wheel"?) is in the other position.
The optical illusion blending two parts of identical colouring. I think it's the same mech. Perhaps different positions.

Nope 2 different.

#3656 2 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Nope 2 different.

Okay if you say so. Look a fifth time, I did. It definately is not a "wheel" Looks more like the head of sector gear, same as other side, but in a different position.

I suppose we will find out eventually.

#3657 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Scooby-Doo Haunted Mansion could be a go for me.....fresh cartoon theme w fun edge...

If it is ,I was on the fence early on but am warning up to it .This pin has a vibe about it .I’ve been wanting a spooky bad ,joined the fang club and am pretty sure I’m ready to roll with a fall or later run (need a little time) .Something about this family tells me they’re going to take off .This reveal could rival the GnR spectacle .Exiting week for sure .I’m rooting for all you at Spooky !I’m 100% confident they will knock this outta the park

#3658 2 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

I flipped it vertically/horizontally (so we're on top). Looks like there's 3 right scoops and one left one on the main playfield, and possibly a drain from the upper left playfield that drains into the same subway, then on each side there's some sort of VUK. also obviously a 3-bank target down the middle[quoted image]

By mirroring twice, around both axis, you basically just rotated 180 degrees, and still looking from the bottom side.

This look better ?

2021-06-24 12.51.49.png2021-06-24 12.51.49.png

#3659 2 years ago

Flipper on upper PF

And no pop bumpers on main PF?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#3660 2 years ago

Is it Jaws ? With Chris Franchi Art ?

E3243E30-09B9-44C4-BDE8-2CB73D992E18 (resized).jpegE3243E30-09B9-44C4-BDE8-2CB73D992E18 (resized).jpeg
#3661 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

[quoted image]

That would be awesome. And Spooky would be the best manufacturer for it. But doesn’t Stern hold the Jaws license? And with a title that big I would think they’d need to make more than 1000 games.

#3662 2 years ago

Would like to clarify, just like the "Pin Heck" board (a name I did not choose BTW) this board "Pinotaur" is a collaboration between myself (firmware) and Parker Dillmann (PCB, system design and manufacture)

The goodie bag will include spare serial RGB modules so if there is a failure user can easily unplug it and slap new one in.

#3663 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Would like to clarify, just like the "Pin Heck" board (a name I did not choose BTW) this board "Pinotaur" is a collaboration between myself (firmware) and Parker Dillmann (PCB, system design and manufacture)
The goodie bag will include spare serial RGB modules so if there is a failure user can easily unplug it and slap new one in.

Sticking it on the playfield isn't a bad idea due to vibration issues building over time? Spike's node boards were problematic until Stern adjusted the diode that kept breaking loose (the most common problem).

#3664 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

[quoted image]

What from the teaser cabinet art remotely looks like it would be jaws? How soon we all forget.

#3665 2 years ago

Salute Spooky and crew for what looks to be a feature packed game with some innovation. Two subways. What a rarity. Ball lift to inlane. Now I am curious.

Assuming the upper pf has an out facing flipper with ball escape on the outside. Maybe to the subway. The immediate mech to faceoff looks to be a single drop target with a release coil. Then a couple of coil driven mechs. Which could be a drop target w/o release. And an upkick to a return trail.

I bet you the upper pf is an homage to/inspired by Swords of Fury. The out facing flipper.

Good on, Spooky.

#3666 2 years ago

Two movies that came out on June 25th (rumored Spooky reveal day)

Blade Runner June 25th 1982

The Thing June 25th 1982

AB0846A3-0CB1-46B1-9460-7254FF626D02 (resized).jpegAB0846A3-0CB1-46B1-9460-7254FF626D02 (resized).jpeg33395563-145E-4FDE-990D-97B38DA21240 (resized).jpeg33395563-145E-4FDE-990D-97B38DA21240 (resized).jpeg
#3667 2 years ago

Houston Horror Film Fest is starting June 25th with these guests available to meet..

Cast of “Halloween” remake

Would Spooky reveal this new title simultaneously streaming & publicly at a this upcoming horror festival ? Or have they done that in the past ?!

E64CC40A-0085-4BC0-91D6-FE98BAAF1AB1 (resized).jpegE64CC40A-0085-4BC0-91D6-FE98BAAF1AB1 (resized).jpeg
#3668 2 years ago

I would buy two!

pasted_image (resized).jpegpasted_image (resized).jpeg
#3669 2 years ago

I guess I won't attempt to recreate the table in virtual this time like on GNR. Way too much stuff that I don't know what it is, what it does, and all the things on the upper PFs that I can't see.
gj Spooky, making me even more excited for the game now ...

#3670 2 years ago
Quoted from proco:

I guess I won't attempt to recreate the table in virtual this time like on GNR. Way too much stuff that I don't know what it is, what it does, and all the things on the upper PFs that I can't see.
gj Spooky, making me even more excited for the game now ...

Please give it a try

#3671 2 years ago

Everyone is assuming the ratcheting mechs lift something up.

It is very possible that something is lowered as you play. Or it just lowers balls until multiball?

Now I am just more confused.

Carry on...

#3672 2 years ago

Anyone else thinking horseshoe around the drop target bank in the center?

#3673 2 years ago

But where will a big-ass sculpt that doesn’t move fit?

So long as the theme isn’t a big negative for me, I’m mostly about the layout and mechs. And this looks super interesting!

#3674 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Two movies that came out on June 25th (rumored Spooky reveal day)
Blade Runner June 25th 1982
The Thing June 25th 1982[quoted image][quoted image]

Either of these 100% gets my money.

#3675 2 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Anyone else thinking horseshoe around the drop target bank in the center?

Notice that there look to be only two main inserts in front of the 3 bank drops... so, an insert missing for the middle drop then?

#3676 2 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Notice that there look to be only two main inserts in front of the 3 bank drops... so, an insert missing for the middle drop then?

Theoretically there could be only 2 drops there…that would be interesting.

#3677 2 years ago

I wonder how this will compare to G&R and Mando?

#3678 2 years ago

Do you mean will it have pooling/chipping and not have a whole lot in it? Im hoping it doesnt compare at all

Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

#3679 2 years ago

Well ok, here you go.

Notes and observations:
- I only put the upper playfield in the cut out area where I can see it, but to make sense it should go all the way to the right side and top right corner.
- On every major shot, there is small round insert, some arrow-like insert and then this weird cross insert.
- It's very likely that ther is an above-surface opto on the right behind the drop target. You can see the same hole shape on Stern games that have those.
- The only thing that makes sense for me on the center shot is a ramp, because otherwise the ball would have nowhere to go.
- The lights in front of the center drop target bank looks like a face ( o_o )

The placement of most posts and metal guides is just speculation because there aren't any visible holes. Also I didn't bother with applying the correct textures to all the components.

#3680 2 years ago
Quoted from proco:

Well ok, here you go.
Notes and observations:
- I only put the upper playfield in the cut out area where I can see it, but to make sense it should go all the way to the right side and top right corner.
- On every major shot, there seeesm to be a small round insert, some arrow and then this weird cross insert.
- There seems to be an above-surface opto on the right behind the drop target.
- The only thing that makes sense for me on the center shot is a ramp, because otherwise the ball would have nowhere to go.
The placement of most posts and metal guides is just speculation because there aren't any visible holes. Also I didn't bother with applying the correct textures to all the components.
[quoted image]

First of all, very nicely done!

Second, the angled inserts in the middle look like they could correspond with thrasher claws... like Wolverine or Freddy Krueger so... my money is on Nightmare On Elm Street.

#3681 2 years ago

First of all, very nicely done!
Second, the angled inserts in the middle look like they could correspond with thrasher claws... like Wolverine or Freddy Krueger so... my money is on Nightmare On Elm Street.

Or maybe those slanted inserts could represtent climbing stairs to reach the top of a Haunted House... Hiding and running from monsters? Hit the scoop to get to where the person is? Game play could represent Scooby Do as well.

#3682 2 years ago
Quoted from proco:

Well ok, here you go.
Notes and observations:
[quoted image]

Wow, very impressed by this. Respect!

#3683 2 years ago
Quoted from proco:

Well ok, here you go.
Notes and observations:
- On every major shot, there is small round insert, some arrow-like insert and then this weird cross insert.
- It's very likely that ther is an above-surface opto on the right behind the drop target. You can see the same hole shape on Stern games that have those.
[quoted image]

So TBL remake? That looks similar to TBL aside from whatever is going on on the left side.

#3684 2 years ago

If anyone has more ideas for what the vuk/kicker/up-post/diverter/bumper thing on the upper playfield might be or do, let me know and I can update the image. Same with the coil in the top left corner at the outer loop.

#3685 2 years ago
Quoted from proco:

Well ok, here you go.
Notes and observations:
- On every major shot, there seeesm to be a small round insert, some arrow and then this weird cross insert.
- There seems to be an above-surface opto on the right behind the drop target.
[quoted image]

HOLY CRAP! I think it is actually A Nightmare On Elm Street.
I’m thinking the five long inserts could correspond to the first 5 A Nightmare On Elm Street Movies part 1 to 5.
They are the only ones named ANOES after that it’s Freddy’s Dead the final Nightmare, Wes Craven’s A New Nightmare, Freddy Vs Jason and the 2010 remake.
Looks like you work your way up through the movies part 1 to 5.

#3686 2 years ago
Quoted from proco:

Well ok, here you go.
Notes and observations:
[quoted image]

Very nice!!!! Crap, am I really buying another Pin!?!.....chances are high.....

#3687 2 years ago

It looks like the inserts in the inlane show how many balls are stacked up in the subways. The left side looks like there are optos for 3 balls, but I don’t see any optos on the right.

I’m guessing those servo towers just lift the balls to the inlanes and then drop back down flush with the playfield. There could be multiple notches, so it can release all 3 in one upward motion, or it could go only partially up to release one at a time.

#3688 2 years ago

No pops? I don't mind. The terrain can be used for something more interesting.

#3689 2 years ago

Nice work! The only thing I’ll say is that there is no way there are three scoops on the left side, the geometry on the one closest to the flippers would be impossible. They must be return feeds from the upper playfield areas (of which Charlie hinted there are multiple...possibly three even). Also...the upper playfield on the right is most definitely two separate uppers...you can tell in the photo that they are placed on two separate planes. I’m thinking that flipper shoots all the way around to one of the left subway feeds, center ramp I bet shoots to another upper on the left side, which then drains into a seperate subway feed.

I still think this game is Army of Darkness.

Quoted from proco:

Well ok, here you go.
Notes and observations:
[quoted image]

09C32F41-955D-4F21-A761-C5D43FD7B7EA (resized).png09C32F41-955D-4F21-A761-C5D43FD7B7EA (resized).png

#3690 2 years ago

I’m wondering how those inlane return servos will work during a multiball as other balls will be falling into that area while the subway balls are being lifted up...maybe it pops up a small ramp for descending balls to cruise over? Or a magnet to hold oncoming balls while the servo is lifting balls into play? Seems chaotic, but I’m probably not imagining it correctly.

Quoted from Pinbaltz:

It looks like the inserts in the inlane show how many balls are stacked up in the subways. The left side looks like there are optos for 3 balls, but I don’t see any optos on the right.
I’m guessing those servo towers just lift the balls to the inlanes and then drop back down flush with the playfield. There could be multiple notches, so it can release all 3 in one upward motion, or it could go only partially up to release one at a time.

#3691 2 years ago

I am thinking Futurama.

#3692 2 years ago

Looks like a wide body ?

#3693 2 years ago

Those X inserts could be kill inserts

#3694 2 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Already pointed that out...

Quoted from metallik:

Also, does the center 3bank of drops actually have all three drops in it? No insert lamp in front for the center spot, but appears to be the top of an insert arrow peeking out from the center-rear.

#3695 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Nice work! The only thing I’ll say is that there is no way there are three scoops on the left side, the geometry on the one closest to the flippers would be impossible. They must be return feeds from the upper playfield areas (of which Charlie hinted there are multiple...possibly three even)...

I was wondering the same thing.

#3696 2 years ago

One more observation. For the ball lifts there are three ball opto sensors on the left side. While only one on the right. Assuming this is holds up for the production model, this tells me the following.

Balls returning from the right side subway are for immediate release. While the left side can stack and hold up to two balls while additional balls are in play.

#3697 2 years ago

Well. For one :

I am excited to buy it.

So No comparison at all, here.

#3698 2 years ago

This is also an opto ball sensor. Assuming a ramp entrance. And guarded by a single drop with a release coil. Could be access way to the upper pf.

#3699 2 years ago

I assume they utilized the same ideas in R&M where there are tons of ball sensors...ramp entries, rail/orbit shots..etc.

#3700 2 years ago

On second thought, I believe this is a trap a ball behind the drop target arrangement. Not a ramp.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Charlotte, NC
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Performance Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

€ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Discos Pinball Mod Shop

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, FL
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

$ 17.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lermods

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Woodinville, WA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinbald Mods

$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 238.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

There are 13,405 posts in this topic. You are on page 74 of 269.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-2021-game-speculation-thread/page/74?hl=nevadanutjob and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.