7hPz.gif
IMG_6612 (resized).jpeg
harley-quinn-legends-of-the-dark-knight-1_dc-comics_silo (resized).png
tumblr_ndd9vhv4uu1qedb29o1_500.gif
IMG_1836 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1833 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1832 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 13,399 posts in this topic. You are on page 71 of 268.
#3501 2 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

If you read back (I could be wrong), I believe he ruled out Evil Dead. I don't think he specifically ruled out AoD. Its all how you look at it. Trying to keep my hopes alive!

He also had very specific ideas of what would be in an AoD pin, so...

#3502 2 years ago

I really wish spooky lots of success. I can tell they are proud of themselves and they are happy about what is coming out.
That alone says a lot to me and I would love to support a company that represents itself so well and not only that (I do not own one of their games yet) they do seem to care about their customers a lot.
In the era where companies are cutting corners everywhere to improve the bottom line, I feel like spooky is doing it right! and by that I mean I think they put a lot of effort to stand out.

I like what I hear so far and looking forward to purchasing the next title.

#3503 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Sadly, Ben also ruled out Army of Darkness. I’m hoping he was just doing some misdirection.

I wasn't.

#3504 2 years ago

Ben Heck: Dream Crusher the Pin coming soon.

#3505 2 years ago

First Scooby Doo, and now THIS?!

Every party has a pooper that's why we invited you - party pooper!
bubble-fart-bubble-blower.gifbubble-fart-bubble-blower.gif

#3506 2 years ago

This is the new release. Freddy Krueger, A Nightmare on Elm Street. Imagine the mechs… and the atmosphere…

E98C6397-B2E7-40B8-A9A8-68056BEE528D (resized).pngE98C6397-B2E7-40B8-A9A8-68056BEE528D (resized).png

#3507 2 years ago
Quoted from PinheadEDM:

This is the new release. Freddy Krueger, A Nightmare on Elm Street. Imagine the mechs… and the atmosphere…
[quoted image]

I just don't see it having the wide appeal of a Rick and Morty. And, like it or not, that's the bar Spooky has set. With their new 3 tier pin models now, they seem confident they can sell more than R&M, so it has to be a wider audience than Nightmare on Elm Street. The Gottlieb one (a verrry boring game design) was a relative dud, selling 1/4 to 1/2 the numbers other B/W pins were selling at the time.

Did Ben pooh pooh Big Trouble in Little China? A Beetlejuice, BttiLC, Scooby Doo, Gremlins, Nightmare Before Christmas or something like that is the level they will be shooting for in the broad appeal department, IMO.

#3508 2 years ago
Quoted from Chet_Hardbody:

Stacked and loaded = double decker taco from taco bell

It's about time this thread got back on track!

#3509 2 years ago

exactly,

so back on Beetlejuice?!

#3510 2 years ago

It should be Beetlejuice . The pinside abbreviation would be BJ and who doesn’t want one of those ?

#3511 2 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

It's about time this thread got back on track!

Trying to think of titles / themes with incorporating several upper playfields:

Little Shop of Horrors - upper playfields trying to hit targets & dodge the plants arms as they try to knock you off.

Nightmare on Elm Street - Upper playfields can represent different nightmares you are in.

Jaws - upper playfields trying to be on the “surface” of the ocean while the rest of the game play is underwater. A shark fin can be on a track trying to nudge you off. Or it could represent being on the Orca boat.

Piranha - Getting to the surface / out of the water etc.

Killer Klowns From Outer Space - Upper playfields going throughout the circus tent running from / trying to escape the killer klowns.

Fifth Element - Upper playfields can be the floating cars / Chinese delivery service flying boat and you can hop from building to building / platform.

Gremlins - Upper playfields have balls that pop up and “multiply” and fall down when you feed them after midnight, sunlight from the LEDs and get them wet from the main playfield.

Monster Squad - You are in Dracula’s mansion / house trying to get the Amulet on the upper playfields

#3512 2 years ago

I also think the multiple upper playfields could be somewhat hidden / built into the side of the cabinet come out vertical and flip down this way it doesn’t block your vision when playing on the main playfield. Either way I’m excited about this game!

#3513 2 years ago

Found this today. Interesting how it spells out this is for the TNA Remake. https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PBL-600-0473-00

TNA_PBL_PRICE_REMOVED (resized).pngTNA_PBL_PRICE_REMOVED (resized).png
#3515 2 years ago

Did Ben Heck say no to this one?

Quoted from stefanmader:

exactly,
so back on Beetlejuice?!

#3516 2 years ago
Quoted from Penguindeity:

Found this today. Interesting how it spells out this is for the TNA Remake. https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PBL-600-0473-00[quoted image]

Yes! The TNA remake with upper playfields!

#3517 2 years ago

Makes sense... "more better" said 57 times and "stacked and loaded" since the first TNA was kinda barren.

TNA 2.0 it is.

#3518 2 years ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

Makes sense... "more better" said 57 times and "stacked and loaded" since the first TNA was kinda barren.
TNA 2.0 it is.

Well I am out if it’s TNA 2.0. But does the teaser artwork even go with TNA? I don’t think so.

#3519 2 years ago

This is an odd turn. TNA 2.0? I wonder how many would really sell. Would owners of the original TNA want both games? If it's a completely different layout from the ground up, I would think they would be better off giving it a whole new theme. This is probably another red herring.

#3520 2 years ago

TnA 2.0 was already a known 'to come'. I doubt it is that right now. Also, that was Scott's game (I assume 2.0 would be too) and he's not said to be the designer of this next game.

Reading Rainbow with Burton callouts! Let's go!

#3521 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

TnA 2.0 was already a known 'to come'. I doubt it is that right now.

I would have thought so as well. I just saw that item on PBL and found it interesting.

#3522 2 years ago

And the plot thickens!

#3523 2 years ago

Wonder if it will have a butter cab, love that smell.

Butter cab > Radcals > decals > direct print

#3524 2 years ago

It’s not TNA 2.0. Scott has already said that the TNA reissue is going to have updates as far as parts, components, and code, but that the code would be backwards compatible with the older TNAs.

Looking forward to the reveal on the new game!

#3525 2 years ago

Exactly what someone who was misdirecting would say…

#3526 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Cosmetic stuff only guys! We aren't taking away upper playfields from anybody!

Solid tier system Spookey. It's obvious you guys care about us.

So do one of those playfields contain a bash toy to knock the demon back into the floor while she is yelling I'll swallow your soul?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#3527 2 years ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

Solid tier system Spookey. It's obvious you guys care about us.
So do one of those playfields contain a bash toy to knock the demon back into the floor while she is yelling I'll swallow your soul?[quoted image]

"I'll swallow your ballllll!"

#3528 2 years ago

The suspense is killing me. Lol. Can’t wait to see what’s coming!!!

#3529 2 years ago

Hoping for a fantastic Nightmare on elm street. But I am open for anything that is well done!!
In the mean time some tunes!!!

#3530 2 years ago

Thinking of multiple play fields made me think of this...

I know its not, and the high demand wouldn't be there, but a lot of pinball possibilities in this theme. And lets be honest, who wouldn't want a piece of concentrated evil in their pin?

MV5BMTg2MDYwMzM0NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODI3MTQ5OQ@@._V1_UY1200_CR108,0,630,1200_AL_ (resized).jpgMV5BMTg2MDYwMzM0NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODI3MTQ5OQ@@._V1_UY1200_CR108,0,630,1200_AL_ (resized).jpg
#3531 2 years ago

People right now...

is-it-friday-5b6c46 (resized).jpgis-it-friday-5b6c46 (resized).jpg
#3532 2 years ago

Hoping for a combination of these:

The Golden Child
The Fountainhead
The Banana Splits
Actual banana splits
Slim Goodbody

#3533 2 years ago

where is this Friday rumour coming from... seems like a made up date.

#3534 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

where is this Friday rumour coming from... seems like a made up date.

It is. But we need hope...

#3535 2 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Did Ben Heck say no to this one?

i don't know, but i remember him hating the idea of it.

#3536 2 years ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

It is. But we need hope...

oh well placebo effect is gone now.

#3537 2 years ago

Searching for entertainment and fighting the need to sleep, I came across Space Truckers last night. Solid B-/C+ campy sci-fi; right up my alley. Not suggesting it would make a decent pin or that I think that's what's coming from Spooky, but this seemed like the right group of people to tell about my newfound enjoyable flick as we all wait together.

Only a week of June left to go!

#3538 2 years ago

If this thread accomplished anything it seems that Beetlejuice, Nightmare on Elm Street & Evil Dead will be eventually brought into existence courtesy of pinside members.

#3539 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

If this thread accomplished anything it seems that Beetlejuice, Nightmare on Elm Street & Evil Dead will be eventually brought into existence courtesy of pinside members.

It seems you forgot to put The Human Centipede on that list.

#3540 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Let's hope so

#3541 2 years ago
greasy.gifgreasy.gif
#3542 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

...so it has to be a wider audience than Nightmare on Elm Street. The Gottlieb one (a verrry boring game design) was a relative dud, selling 1/4 to 1/2 the numbers other B/W pins were selling at the time.

Doesn't seem fair to compare it to B/W. It did rather well against other Gottlieb games, despite the theme possibly being restrictive in some arcades. But I can agree it doesn't last long at home.

Not sure what the cap will be on the next game (if any), but a properly done NoES would be able to sell 1k+ without issue I imagine.

#3543 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

It seems you forgot to put The Human Centipede on that list.

Human Centipede v Taco Bell!

#3544 2 years ago

South Park Human Centipad Pinball confirmed. I am going to splurge on the Cuttlefish and Asparagus Collector's Edition.

#3545 2 years ago

So with NoES are you guys wanting Freddy on the backglass and all over the cab? I don’t know about the rest of you but I like looking at my games and admiring them, not cringing.

If this is Spooky’s next title hopefully the artwork will be something like Brian Allen does, then I can see it looking cool.

#3546 2 years ago

Confirmed...Best Pinball theme ever dreamed up...

MV5BYzNkMjZmMGItY2YzMC00ZGY5LWFlOTktOTg4NTNiOTQ2NWFiXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTA0MjU0Ng@@._V1_UY1200_CR87,0,630,1200_AL_ (resized).jpgMV5BYzNkMjZmMGItY2YzMC00ZGY5LWFlOTktOTg4NTNiOTQ2NWFiXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTA0MjU0Ng@@._V1_UY1200_CR87,0,630,1200_AL_ (resized).jpg
#3547 2 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

So with NoES are you guys wanting Freddy on the backglass and all over the cab? I don’t know about the rest of you but I like looking at my games and admiring them, not cringing.
If this is Spooky’s next title hopefully the artwork will be something like Brian Allen does, then I can see it looking cool.

So you do not want NoES then

#3548 2 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

For some, heavy metal music is scary and depressing, for others, it's calming, exciting, etc.

I'm well aware I don't meet the majority, but for me, Freddy's image brings nostalgia, euphoria, and comfort (I also Cosplayed as Freddy for about 7+ years, and am not the sort that's comfortable with social interaction--behind the mask, I could be myself). I was always drawn to horror at an early age, and NoES was my favorite (I was 3 or 4 when I saw NoES 4 in the theater, and I distinctly remember it and my father attempting to cover my eyes at various scenes).

I suppose I'm also the weirdo with a giant Vigo near his GB (old pic from when I got the game)
20161122_232608 (resized).jpg20161122_232608 (resized).jpg

#3549 2 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

So you do not want NoES then

There are plenty of other themes I would prefer, I’ll say that. I am very likely to get whatever Spooky comes out with next, I want to own a Spooky!

#3550 2 years ago

I think The Matrix, or anything by Tarantino, would be a dream theme for me.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus
Plastics
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
NinjaCamp Mods
Protection
$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
NinjaCamp Mods
Other
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ScottieIA Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods
Other
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Monson, MA
$ 35.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods
Shooter rods
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 300.00
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Trade
Machine - For Trade
O'fallon, MO
$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball
Decals
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy
Protection
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 13,399 posts in this topic. You are on page 71 of 268.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-2021-game-speculation-thread/page/71?hl=cloggeddrain and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.