7hPz.gif
IMG_6612 (resized).jpeg
harley-quinn-legends-of-the-dark-knight-1_dc-comics_silo (resized).png
tumblr_ndd9vhv4uu1qedb29o1_500.gif
IMG_1836 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1833 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1832 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 13,405 posts in this topic. You are on page 70 of 269.
#3451 2 years ago

Announce coming this Friday, Sales start Saturday.

Hide the alcohol.

#3452 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

This demo dounds fun, though, and I've tested both dual and single wound coils enough to know that Spike's micro pulses for the hold destroy the hold line performance of every dual wound over time I've tested

Having played WPC games extensively for 29 years, I'd love to see the methodology and data to back this up. I cannot recall the last time a dual-wound flipper collapsed on me... meanwhile the UPF on Mandalorian buckled a couple times under harsh rebounds last time I played. Completely and utterly disagree with your conclusions here.

#3453 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Having played WPC games extensively for 29 years, I'd love to see the methodology and data to back this up. I cannot recall the last time a dual-wound flipper collapsed on me... meanwhile the UPF on Mandalorian buckled a couple times under harsh rebounds last time I played. Completely and utterly disagree with your conclusions here.

Not joining this argument but that is probably anecdotal. Stern is still using coil stops that either fall apart or explode within 100 plays.

#3454 2 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

Not joining this argument but that is probably anecdotal. Stern is still using coil stops that either fall apart or explode within 100 plays.

Not just Mando, I had a hard rebound collapse the upper flipper on AIQ the other day. Dual wound coils, at least Fliptronic ones, just don't do that. Can't speak for JJP, I always found WOZ flippers to be underwhelming when I owned it and the GnR on location is total wet noodle

#3455 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Not just Mando, I had a hard rebound collapse the upper flipper on AIQ the other day. Dual wound coils, at least Fliptronic ones, just don't do that. Can't speak for JJP, I always found WOZ flippers to be underwhelming when I owned it and the GnR on location is total wet noodle

Strange, I can't think of a time i've ever had an issue with a Stern flipper that wasn't just poor QC parts.

#3456 2 years ago

So will the standard edition be stripped down and only have one or two playfields?

#3457 2 years ago

LOADED---->Work all night on a drink a rum
(Daylight come and me wanna go home)

STACKED---->Stack banana till the morning come
(Daylight come and me wanna go home

bettlejuice backglass (resized).jpgbettlejuice backglass (resized).jpg
#3458 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

So will the standard edition be stripped down and only have one or two playfields?

New pinball model for all vendors:

Standard Edition - shiny whitewood playfield! No clutter! ; No backbox! Just plug in your own monitor(cable not included)! Weighs less! ; 4x1' metal legs ; Standard Edition Cabinet matches the playfield! - only $7999

Normal Edition - NE art package playfield! ; NE backbox package (monitor not included) ; Normal size chrome legs ; Normal Edition Cabinet art package - only $8599

Limited Edition - LE art package playfield! ; LE backbox with LCD monitor and speakers ; Powdercoated Normal size legs ; Limited Edition Cabinet art package - only $9999.99 - *note, probably sold out before it actually goes on sale.

+*topper $2500

(I could have gotten much more creative with this, but I got depressed the more I thought about it).

#3459 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

It seemed like from the last video is that Bloodsucker is a Standard with all the typical ala carte options (shaker, knocker, speaker lights, probably powder coat). So all cosmetic...hopefully!

#3460 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

New pinball model for all vendors:
Standard Edition - shiny whitewood playfield! No clutter! ; No backbox! Just plug in your own monitor(cable not included)! Weighs less! ; 4x1' metal legs ; Standard Edition Cabinet matches the playfield! - only $7999
Normal Edition - NE art package playfield! ; NE backbox package (monitor not included) ; Normal size chrome legs ; Normal Edition Cabinet art package - only $8599
Limited Edition - LE art package playfield! ; LE backbox with LCD monitor and speakers ; Powdercoated Normal size legs ; Limited Edition Cabinet art package - only $9999.99 - *note, probably sold out before it actually goes on sale.
+*topper $2500
(I could have gotten much more creative with this, but I got depressed the more I thought about it).

Be interesting to see if Spooky a has Whitewood. Never seen any outside of Mr. Danessis' Total Nuclear Anihilation.

#3461 2 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

I'd wager PinMonk's data is all anecdotal too and based on the machines he's used for testing and discounting all of the differences between those machines. The variances in his Stern data, even across machines using the same coils, suggests the same. When we do the challenge, we'll need to do it on a table... just control circuits and flipper mechs, with scopes connected to the digital drive lines and temp probes on the coils. It'll still be empirical, but the environment will be much more controlled/consistent across samples.

Spoiler alert... I've already done all of this and know the answer. I do occasionally work on this stuff in my day job.

- Gerry
https://www.multimorphic.com

#3462 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

It seemed like from the last video is that Bloodsucker is a Standard with all the typical ala carte options (shaker, knocker, speaker lights, probably powder coat). So all cosmetic...hopefully!

Luke said standards "few to no add ons"
the blood suckers "all of the add ons"
collectors editons "all of the add ons, plus some BONUS FEATURES"

I think they are going the root of Elvira HOH on this one with Prem(Spooky - Standard), Limited Edition (Spooky Blood Sucker), Signature Edition (Spooky Collector Edition).

So with that being said I'm thinking across the board they will be all be the same game / overall same experience, likely the top model "CE" will come with signature(s) from the actor / actress, perhaps alt art / upgraded backglass, maybe movie theme memorabilia ? Personally I think If you are paying a higher price tag for that of the collector model you should have maybe an additional mode, video clips, possibly an extra toy etc. Luke did say bonus features so that's what it would imply.

#3463 2 years ago

When do the Halloween pins go on sale?

#3464 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Christmas

#3465 2 years ago

Everyday is Halloween.

#3466 2 years ago
Quoted from gstellenberg:

I'd wager PinMonk's data is all anecdotal too and based on the machines he's used for testing and discounting all of the differences between those machines. The variances in his Stern data, even across machines using the same coils, suggests the same. When we do the challenge, we'll need to do it on a table... just control circuits and flipper mechs, with scopes connected to the digital drive lines and temp probes on the coils. It'll still be empirical, but the environment will be much more controlled/consistent across samples.
Spoiler alert... I've already done all of this and know the answer. I do occasionally work on this stuff in my day job.
- Gerry
https://www.multimorphic.com

Maybe make a video of your testing rig and results? I'm sure you could make a very scientific rig with constants like how much they're being flipped.

It does seem weird that there would be so much variability amongst Stern games since they're all presumably using the same flipper code. Even amongst similar coils there's a lot of variability in a small sample size, which is likely just the minor differences in the mechanisms and how they were put together.

And of course there's the aspect that Gerry is trying to make and sell the best pinball controller he can, and PinMonk is trying to sell cooling addon kits

#3467 2 years ago

I heard some rumblings about Friday as well… ITS SHOWTIME

Quoted from Beechwood:

Announce coming this Friday, Sales start Saturday.
Hide the alcohol.

#3468 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Everyday is Halloween.

original (2).giforiginal (2).gif
#3469 2 years ago

180 new post in the thread since my last visit to Pinside.....but still nothing
And I really hoped this dude Ben Heck finally made a mistake while posting here and accidentally leaked the title of the next Spooky pin

#3470 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

I'm not talking about collapse. I'm talking about residual HEAT. Only HEAT buildup over time. Collapse is a completely different issue.

#3471 2 years ago
Quoted from Biv:

And I really hoped this dude Ben Heck finally made a mistake while posting here and accidentally leaked the title of the next Spooky pin

He did. But Spooky made him delete the post and we are all sworn to secrecy. You snooze you lose

#3472 2 years ago
Quoted from Biv:180 new post in the thread since my last visit to Pinside.....but still nothing

Finally? I make mistakes all the time

#3473 2 years ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

He did. But Spooky made him delete the post and we are all sworn to secrecy. You snooze you lose

I see 2920, 2923, and 3231 missing.

#3474 2 years ago
Quoted from Biv:

Hopefully it was The Adventurous , watched that a few days ago , plenty of good call outs in there.

#3475 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Saw that quality video and game update. I love spooky. Sent in my 45 to join the club as I’m hoping the next game is nightmare or Halloween. Both are instant buys for new. If it’s not, happy to support them with as well. Loaded with Multiple upper pfs? Collectors at 10k. Yes please

Don't worry, the CE flippers will have them valued at $16.5 in no time

#3476 2 years ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

LOADED---->Work all night on a drink a rum
(Daylight come and me wanna go home)
STACKED---->Stack banana till the morning come
(Daylight come and me wanna go home
[quoted image]

Luke did say something about "Super Awesome" in the last video... Can't hear those words without thinking of Christopher Franchi, right?

Guess we'll find out. I'm genuinely confused but I like your theory.

#3477 2 years ago
Quoted from TheCreature:

Luke did say something about "Super Awesome" in the last video... Can't hear those words without thinking of Christopher Franchi, right?
Guess we'll find out. I'm genuinely confused but I like your theory.

He's done some work with horror...

christopher-franchi-halloween (resized).pngchristopher-franchi-halloween (resized).pngchristopher-franchi-the-evil-dead (resized).pngchristopher-franchi-the-evil-dead (resized).png
#3478 2 years ago

Evil Dead is a better choice,it has a sense of humor.You can comic up the artwork!Oh and I bet you can Bruce Campbell in the studio?

#3479 2 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Evil Dead is a better choice,it has a sense of humor.You can comic up the artwork!Oh and I bet you can Bruce Campbell in the studio?

Really hope it’s not evil dead. Complete pass. Cmon Nightmare or Halloween

#3480 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Really hope it’s not evil dead. Complete pass. Cmon Nightmare or Halloween

If it’s Evil Dead I’ll buy it twice.

#3481 2 years ago

Yeah, Evil Dead (any version) is the only announcement that will cause me to completely undo my current lineup with sales in order to make room.

#3482 2 years ago

Well someone will be happy regardless.

I’m pretty bored with the industry right now. After playing it, Mando is just another stern with terrible call outs and was bored in 15 min. American pinball is out to lunch, deep root a joke, JJP making GnR for another year (and it’s overrated and I own it). I’m really hoping spooky brings it!

On a side note, excited to get alien back with the new version Bc that game is incredible for those that haven’t played it

#3483 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

JJP making GnR for another year (and it’s overrated and I own it).

I own it and its amazing! Everyone has an opinion. haha.

I would order 3 if its Back to the future!

#3484 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I’m pretty bored with the industry right now. After playing it, Mando is just another stern with terrible call outs and was bored in 15 min. American pinball is out to lunch, deep root a joke, JJP making GnR for another year (and it’s overrated and I own it). I’m really hoping spooky brings it!
On a side note, excited to get alien back with the new version Bc that game is incredible for those that haven’t played it

You left out Haggis Pinball...lol

#3485 2 years ago
Quoted from JediMcMuffin:

Don't worry, the CE flippers will have them valued at $16.5 in no time

I hope they say they are making 1000 games and it’s whatever mix of SE/Blood Sucker/CE that people order. That would hopefully give the CE flippers pause as there is no guarantee that the CE version is the most limited.

#3486 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

What the heck is wrong with CGC by the way? They were rocking it for a couple of years, then nothing for soooo long!

And side note - I’ve owned both Alien and GnR - both are outstanding games, but GnR is better. I can’t believe they got rid of the center LCD on Alien, that was one of the best features.

#3487 2 years ago

Same back to the future and I'm all in.

#3488 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

I can’t believe they got rid of the center LCD on Alien, that was one of the best features.

The LV / features haven't been announced yet. I doubt it will incorporate the playfield LCD, but overall the new PB Alien version looks spectacular. I think outside of the Spooky upcoming announcement that’s something I’m also really excited about. At least with PB you know it’s going to be Alien... Spooky everyone is still guessing for the next few days / weeks.

#3489 2 years ago

Are Spooky announcing their next game tomorrow?

#3490 2 years ago
Quoted from Chicoman:

Are Spooky announcing their next game tomorrow?

Friday I think?

#3491 2 years ago

Cosmetic stuff only guys! We aren't taking away upper playfields from anybody!

#3492 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Really upping your game Luke, going to need a new slogan soon that extends beyond Benton, WI.

#3493 2 years ago

With Spooky’s hint of multiple upper playfields, that likely rules out Halloween. There would be no need for the levels imo. Hopefully Halloween is the followup pin, so it isn’t a wrong guess, just postponed a few months. So which top theme lends itself to this kind of layout? Ben has ruled out Scooby-Doo and Beetlejuice. Nightmare on Elm Street would also lend itself to having multiple upper playfields, however the pic and written clues provided don’t support it being the one.

With the recent hint by Spooky of “Groovy”, they are signaling ... ARMY OF DARKNESS !!! One upper playfield to be the cemetery and the other would be the upper castle wall. Remember the photo hint by Spooky resembles a rock wall or castle. Should be great to see what they do with this license and the book of the dead. With an announcement to confirm expected Friday, nothing to do now but to wait and see.

#3494 2 years ago

They got the food truck license .

46248785-D51E-45AC-8083-9A39DF70B172 (resized).png46248785-D51E-45AC-8083-9A39DF70B172 (resized).png
#3495 2 years ago

Stacked and loaded = double decker taco from taco bell

#3496 2 years ago

Multiple playfields...must be this. A metaphor for the pinball hobby right now.

platform (resized).JPGplatform (resized).JPG
#3497 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Awesome news!!

#3498 2 years ago

Ben has ruled out Scooby-Doo and Beetlejuice. Nightmare on Elm Street would also lend itself to having multiple upper playfields, however the pic and written clues provided don’t support it being the one.
With the recent hint by Spooky of “Groovy”, they are signaling ... ARMY OF DARKNESS !!!

Sadly, Ben also ruled out Army of Darkness. I’m hoping he was just doing some misdirection.

#3499 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Sadly, Ben also ruled out Army of Darkness. I’m hoping he was just doing some misdirection.

If you read back (I could be wrong), I believe he ruled out Evil Dead. I don't think he specifically ruled out AoD. Its all how you look at it. Trying to keep my hopes alive!

#3500 2 years ago

Multiple-Playfields/Levels has given it away.

pic274355 (resized).jpgpic274355 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Northport, NY
$ 11.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 100.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

€ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 49.99
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 13,500.00
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 13,405 posts in this topic. You are on page 70 of 269.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-2021-game-speculation-thread/page/70 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.