7hPz.gif
IMG_6612 (resized).jpeg
harley-quinn-legends-of-the-dark-knight-1_dc-comics_silo (resized).png
tumblr_ndd9vhv4uu1qedb29o1_500.gif
IMG_1836 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1833 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1832 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 13,405 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 269.
#301 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

It all has to fit and make sense.

Most posts do not make any sense around here.

#302 2 years ago

How about board games...like Clue.

One more guess...The Grinch.

#303 2 years ago

Ruh roh.... Spooky’s making a game after my uncle Scooby???

We’re in!
536CA06D-1FE9-4133-A466-CB893DFAC155 (resized).jpeg536CA06D-1FE9-4133-A466-CB893DFAC155 (resized).jpeg

These are our beagles; Scrappy Doo and his uncle (really his uncle) Scooby Doo. My wife loves Scooby Doo
B3E882AE-3E77-4EFC-A4AB-DCCF621A17A4 (resized).pngB3E882AE-3E77-4EFC-A4AB-DCCF621A17A4 (resized).png

#304 2 years ago

How is gremlins colorful? Gremlins hasn’t been enjoyed by generations per se. SD has been around since 1969. You can’t pick out adjectives and ignore others in what he said. It all has to fit and make sense.

This also means you assume he knows what he is talking about, which I doubt he does.

#305 2 years ago

I had heard that the Fred, Shaggy, Velma and Daphne silhouettes at the beginning of ACNC meant the ACNC was originally Scooby Doo. But maybe it was a hint for a future release. Or maybe both

#306 2 years ago

Buffy the vampire slayer also fits the criteria of what Kaneda said: spooky, campy, retro and TV series

#307 2 years ago
Quoted from Stuieb84:

Buffy the vampire slayer also fits the criteria of what Kaneda said: spooky, campy, retro and TV series

I would love a Buffy the Vampire pin, but can’t get there from the clues given. That is way too niche and doesn’t reach enough people. Much more likely is Looney Tunes or Scooby Do.

I am not giving up hope that it will be Scary Movie franchise. That is a spooky theme that is not scary or gory. That hits all the right buttons and it would be more fun than Looney Tunes. I’d pass on LT or SD but would buy Scary Movie. Come on Spooky, don’t let me down.

#308 2 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

How about board games...like Clue.

You mean like Whodunnit?

Been done, didn't sell.

#309 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You mean like Whodunnit?
Been done, didn't sell.

Ya. After I posted I decided that wasn’t it.

#310 2 years ago

How are people getting looney tunes from the clues? When has looney tunes been described as spooky but not horror?

#311 2 years ago

The only monster I recall in Looney Tunes...Clearly not enough for a pin.

4bd0774baba3806d089ca8ae4ec2be72 (resized).jpg4bd0774baba3806d089ca8ae4ec2be72 (resized).jpg
#312 2 years ago

turrible.gifturrible.gif

#313 2 years ago

SD could be cool. Have even watched some modern stuff like Mystery Incorporated with my young kids (and enjoyed it too). Not too many properties that resonate cross generationally like that.

I can envision a really neat game with cool toys representing Fred's traps, monsters/villains, etc. And could potentially translate well into pinball rules (hit shots to unravel the the selected mystery, set the trap and unmask the villain, etc).

#314 2 years ago
Quoted from chad:

The only monster I recall in Looney Tunes...Clearly not enough for a pin.[quoted image]

6bc8c202f78c779ca8504c9a687243a9 (resized).jpg6bc8c202f78c779ca8504c9a687243a9 (resized).jpg
#315 2 years ago

As much as I do like Scooby Doo, and can even imagine that funky chill background music playing during the game, it’s a hard pass for me.

Be fun to see it though. Just not a theme I’d want to own long term. Likely a fun player though. But hopefully that’s not it.

#316 2 years ago

Have it set in an abandoned amusement park, right?

Imagine the game going dark, with some mode about to start, and Scooby saying "Ruh-roh!" Instant classic!

#317 2 years ago

Key words in his description was colorful, fun, vibrant, and joyous theme. He said the theme made you smile, makes a lot of people laugh, and it’s always been around. He also said it’s not as hot as RM, but it’s a property that’s been around and has a fan base thats been around for generations. BJ does not fit Kaneda’s description.

Simpsons Treehouse of Horror fits that description... can we start that rumor?

#318 2 years ago

If they have the full assets and Casey Kasem's original dialog (and if it's a fun pin), I could see a SD in my house. Fun goofy theme, not to mention "Spooky."

#319 2 years ago

Hmmm. I'm thinking more along the lines of...Never Ending Story?

#320 2 years ago

Hmmm. I'm thinking more along the lines of...Never Ending Story?</blockquot

Limahl shares your enthusiasm.

#321 2 years ago
Quoted from Goonie:

Hmmm. I'm thinking more along the lines of...Never Ending Story?

Goonie, the Never Ending Story would be fun, however I'd much rather have Goonies.

#322 2 years ago

Limahl shares your enthusiasm.

#323 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Goonie, the Never Ending Story would be fun, however I'd much rather have Goonies.

Oh, totally!

#324 2 years ago
Quoted from joetechbob:

SD could be cool. Have even watched some modern stuff like Mystery Incorporated with my young kids (and enjoyed it too). Not too many properties that resonate cross generationally like that.
I can envision a really neat game with cool toys representing Fred's traps, monsters/villains, etc. And could potentially translate well into pinball rules (hit shots to unravel the the selected mystery, set the trap and unmask the villain, etc).

So my daughter and I whiteboarded a Scooby Doo pin a couple months back.

-Drop targets that spell out TRAP then lock a ball under the shooter lane
- A giant sandwich bash toy
- Mystery Machine model breaking through the back panel
- Meddling Kids Multiball

So much content to work with on this theme. Just wonder if the licensing fee is attainable.

#325 2 years ago

I’m not buying this .I’m sticking with FR13th

#326 2 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

This also means you assume he knows what he is talking about, which I doubt he does.

But everyone is going by the clues he said. So everyone including me is assuming but at least try to assume correctly.

#327 2 years ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

So my daughter and I whiteboarded a Scooby Doo pin a couple months back.
-Drop targets that spell out TRAP then lock a ball under the shooter lane
- A giant sandwich bash toy
- Mystery Machine model breaking through the back panel
- Meddling Kids Multiball
So much content to work with on this theme. Just wonder if the licensing fee is attainable.

I am sure it’s attainable. LZ was attainable and that’s not an easy license to get. There is a lot of SD merchandise out there.

I do not want action figures of the gang though. I would rather have killer artwork from the original series but with a more detail in the paint. The Mystery Machine Toy would be ok with a sticker of the gang on the windshield in it.

A Scooby Snack Wizard mode after you solve each case and unmask the ghost would be cool. So many possibilities like you said.

#328 2 years ago

They have licensing conventions in Las Vegas every year, All these licence holders are there trying to sell. They are looking to keep old properties in the public mind. Almost any property is gettable, it's all about price, and what you get to use.

#329 2 years ago

As much as I really love all this speculation, I’m not 100% sold on any of them.
Don’t get me wrong, a lot of them sound awesome. They kept Rick and Morty a secret pretty well. I suspect this will be one of those “O my” moments when it’s finally announced.

#330 2 years ago

All this anticipation and it will end up being 'David Lee Roth's Island of Doom'.

#331 2 years ago

My second guess after Scooby Doo would be Mystery Science Theater 3000.

#333 2 years ago

It's gotta be

#334 2 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

[quoted image]
It's gotta be

What the H.P. Lovecraft is that?

#335 2 years ago

Ahh just what I needed with my breakfast this morning, an old dong flapping in the wind.

#336 2 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Ahh just what I needed with my breakfast this morning, an old dong flapping in the wind.

Is that real or prosthetic?

#337 2 years ago

I thought the people who owned and commissioned the Jetsons game had the Scooby-Doo rights. I think they were planning on that being their 2nd game to be manufactured by Spooky, but designed by the Jetsons people.

#338 2 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

I thought the people who owned and commissioned the Jetsons game had the Scooby-Doo rights. I think they were planning on that being their 2nd game to be manufactured by Spooky, but designed by the Jetsons people.

You're talking about The Pinball Company out of Missouri. I heard the same thing.

#339 2 years ago
Quoted from Charlemagne1987:

You're talking about The Pinball Company out of Missouri. I heard the same thing.

I'm pretty sure that Nic announced on here that the Pinball Company did have the license.

#340 2 years ago

I'm still hoping for Pinball Zombies from Beyond the Grave. I loved that artwork.

#341 2 years ago

I wish Spooky would make this a reality.........

33d4fcc1c2b016c8190ac384a232eae6fa31b929.jpeg (resized).jpg33d4fcc1c2b016c8190ac384a232eae6fa31b929.jpeg (resized).jpgdeb957e27fb25b5c37acec01a309fe5f10ef1ed9.jpeg (resized).jpgdeb957e27fb25b5c37acec01a309fe5f10ef1ed9.jpeg (resized).jpg
#342 2 years ago

I heard they have leaked it as Scooby Doo as their code name while they develop a game we have all been waiting for... Scott Danesi's Haunted House Party!!

#343 2 years ago

You are all way wrong.

It's Space Jam 2. To be announced with the release of the movie.

#345 2 years ago

I am ready for my Dark Mrs Doubtfire pin

#346 2 years ago

I heard its either 'Buffy the Vampire Slayer' or 'Scooby Doo'.

I think its one or the other.

#347 2 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

I think its one or the other.

If it's legit either one of those my wife is gonna shit a brick with excitement. She was already hyped for SD - not sure she'd be able to believe Buffy.

#348 2 years ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

If it's legit either one of those my wife is gonna shit a brick with excitement. She was already hyped for SD - not sure she'd be able to believe Buffy.

Lol, I just showed that post to my wife.
She immediately said “TV series Buffy?, or Movie Buffy? It had better be TV Buffy”.
I personally do not think it’s Buffy, but that’s a really interesting concept.

#349 2 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Buffy would be a possibility for me. I think I’d pass on Scooby Doo.

#350 2 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Lol, I just showed that post to my wife.
She immediately said “TV series Buffy?, or Movie Buffy? It had better be TV Buffy”.
I personally do not think it’s Buffy, but that’s a really interesting concept.

Oh yeah, TV or bust. I just figured that went without saying.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hastings, MN
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
$ 11.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 100.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

€ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 49.99
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 13,500.00
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 13,405 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 269.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-2021-game-speculation-thread/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.