7hPz.gif
IMG_6612 (resized).jpeg
harley-quinn-legends-of-the-dark-knight-1_dc-comics_silo (resized).png
tumblr_ndd9vhv4uu1qedb29o1_500.gif
IMG_1836 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1833 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1832 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 13,405 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 269.
#201 3 years ago

3 Great themes that Spooky Pinball would knock out of the park:

1) They Live (Improve on what Stern did with UV lighting on ST with Obey, Consume etc. subliminal messages on playfield)

2) Megadeth

3) He-Man and the Masters of the Universe (Alice Cooper Nightmare Castle always gave me this feel)

#202 3 years ago
Quoted from hanford29:

I'd love to see Gremlins.

Hopefully that will be the CGC/Spooky game that Ben is working on. That way there can be an unlimited number of games built.

#203 3 years ago

I think part of the plot (from what I read) in Thankskilling 3 is they are trying to get the last copies of Thankskilling 2 back.

Anyway, another classic movie that is actually worth watching is Rubber. Trust me, don't give up and keep watching. It keeps getting better and after watching it, you will think "what the hell did I just watch" and then watch it again. It gets better each time you watch it because you understand more and its hilarious!

images (resized).jpegimages (resized).jpeg

No matter how bad you want to turn it off in the first 15 minutes, don't... You will be (should be) happy you stuck it out!

#204 3 years ago

I still want a GWAR machine.

#205 3 years ago

CRITTERS!
Can’t believe I didn’t think of this before, someone on here must’ve already suggested it.
Seems like a no brainier, I mean they actually roll.

BAE3B245-CAF5-44AE-88A4-9EF432E82937 (resized).jpegBAE3B245-CAF5-44AE-88A4-9EF432E82937 (resized).jpeg
#206 3 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

I think part of the plot (from what I read) in Thankskilling 3 is they are trying to get the last copies of Thankskilling 2 back.
Anyway, another classic movie that is actually worth watching is Rubber. Trust me, don't give up and keep watching. It keeps getting better and after watching it, you will think "what the hell did I just watch" and then watch it again. It gets better each time you watch it because you understand more and its hilarious!
[quoted image]
No matter how bad you want to turn it off in the first 15 minutes, don't... You will be (should be) happy you stuck it out!

OMG YES! Rubber is amaze-balls. Never fails to screw with people who haven't seen it.

#207 3 years ago
Quoted from oneballjab:

they made 5 Leprechauns!

Quoted from Zablon:

They made 6 actually.

Both wrong they made 8 Leprechaun movies. Don't forget both of these...Leprechaun Returns was actually pretty good.

images (resized).jpgimages (resized).jpgimages2 (resized).jpgimages2 (resized).jpg
#208 3 years ago
Quoted from mackey256:

Both wrong they made 8 Leprechaun movies. Don't forget both of these...Leprechaun Returns was actually pretty good.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Eight! You just blew my mind.
You mean to tell me... all this time I’ve been stuck at home bored during lockdown and there’s 8 Leprechaun movies out there in the world Haha

#209 3 years ago

And you've probably just been playing pinball all that time. What a waste of time. lol

#210 3 years ago

If Spooky can’t get the BttF license, this movie is the next best thing without the time travel. Both movies came out in 1985.

04D5751F-1710-44E4-9167-CF6207B59485 (resized).jpeg04D5751F-1710-44E4-9167-CF6207B59485 (resized).jpeg

#211 3 years ago
Quoted from alexanr1:

It’s too bad they don’t do a 2021 modern version of Gottlieb's Haunted House. Pay tribute to the three level but make it modern. Might be to complicated for spooky to do though, they seem to keep to simple playfields vs a JJP.

Scooby Doo and the Haunted Mansion could be amazing!
BTW anyone who enjoyed the show should check out the encyclopedia.

14324F61-5C4C-4280-9B28-737A72069552 (resized).jpeg14324F61-5C4C-4280-9B28-737A72069552 (resized).jpegAE3F22E1-6D6D-4579-8655-9E4F071FEE69 (resized).jpegAE3F22E1-6D6D-4579-8655-9E4F071FEE69 (resized).jpeg
#212 3 years ago

I stumbled upon hell comes to frogtown on VHS at a funky video store back in the day, and it became a thing of legend in my friend group.

Just had my mind blown finding out it’s part of a trilogy..

#213 3 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

[quoted image]

I like to think I’m fairly knowledgeable as far as horror movies go and subscribe to Rue Morgue and Horror Hound.
I just looked up the movie Rubber as I never heard of it. Very interesting and can’t wait to see it.

#214 3 years ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

I like to think I’m fairly knowledgeable as far as horror movies go and subscribe to Rue Morgue and Horror Hound.
I just looked up the movie Rubber as I never heard of it. Very interesting and can’t wait to see it.

I am not quite sure it reaches the level of horror, but it is definitely an interesting and fun watch. And just so you know, it's going to be in color. (you will laugh later).

1 week later
#215 3 years ago

Anybody see the latest post from Spooky. Night of the Living Deadd hat...a clue maybe?

1A348B4B-68C1-486C-95A8-F1808B37567D (resized).png1A348B4B-68C1-486C-95A8-F1808B37567D (resized).png
#216 3 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

[quoted image]

So I watched this..definitely a WTF did I just watch. I can't say it was...good...but it was just f'd up enough to make me keep watching to try to figure out what was going on. Pretty sure the idea board came from all those videos of random rolling tires coming out of nowhere and taking people out.

#217 3 years ago

Just posted on Facebook. Spooky got the Jaws license for a pinball machine.

No idea if Stern is still going to do it.

Way to go Charlie and Team Spooky !

LTG : )

#218 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

So I watched this..definitely a WTF did I just watch. I can't say it was...good...but it was just f'd up enough to make me keep watching to try to figure out what was going on. Pretty sure the idea board came from all those videos of random rolling tires coming out of nowhere and taking people out.

There are some great one liners in that movie and just subtle enough humor that many might not pick up on just watching it once. The thought of the tire watching a NASCAR race caught me funny. I watched it with my daughter several years ago and after she just stared at me with that WTF face. But she ended up watching it again later and now pushes it on all her friends so she can get that same face from them. But its one of those movies that you definitely enjoy more the second time around. Been a few years since I watched it, so might have to give it a watch again someday soon for a good laugh...

#219 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Just posted on Facebook. Spooky got the Jaws license for a pinball machine.
No idea if Stern is still going to do it.
Way to go Charlie and Team Spooky !

LTG I don’t see that...are you April foolsing us?

#220 3 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

LTG I don’t see that...are you April foolsing us?

No.

It was on Charlie's page. You might have to be his friend to see it if his page is set to private.

#221 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

No.
It was on Charlie's page. You might have to be his friend to see it if his page is set to private.

OMG! If you’re not hitting us with an April Fools joke you just made my day. JAWS is my dream theme, but I’ve been worried that Stern would just “phone it in”. If it’s done by Spooky I know it will be awesome. But they’ll have to greatly expand their production line. 750 units of JAWS simply won’t cut it.

#222 3 years ago

Here's to flippin' with bow-legged wimmen'!

#223 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

They made 6 actually. You forgot this one, so apparently in the hood must have been popular....and the recent remake, which was actually pretty good.
[quoted image]

The ultimate theme for pinball. Happy 1st.

665D9A37-9D9B-45C3-9C7B-5AAE158B8BD8 (resized).jpeg665D9A37-9D9B-45C3-9C7B-5AAE158B8BD8 (resized).jpeg
#224 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

No.

Why not give us the good JJP news now too or are you waiting to wade into that thread to confirm? It blows my mind. JJP IS or IS NOT going to remake POTC LE !!! 2021 is shaping up to be a great year for potential pinball machines.

#225 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Why not give us the good JJP news now too or are you waiting to wade into that thread to confirm? It blows my mind. JJP IS or IS NOT going to remake POTC LE !!! 2021 is shaping up to be a great year for potential pinball machines.

Based on what Eric M. said in a recent podcast it seems pretty unlikely that JJP will rerun Pirates.

#226 3 years ago

Why not give us the good JJP news now too or are you waiting to wade into that thread to confirm?

If you search Pinside you'll see that others have confirmed every JJP pin ( and CGC ) in the past. I'm always the last to know. By the time I do it's already been posted.

#227 3 years ago

Too much time wasted talking about @hawkmo

Quoted from LTG:

No.

LTG might not be April fooling, but SpookyCharlie probably was.

#228 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Too much time wasted talking about @hawkmo

That’s what I was thinking too.

#229 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

The post is gone now.

Yes, I fell for it. Hook line and sinker. Good one Charlie SpookyCharlie

I'm sorry I got everyone's hopes up.

1 week later
#230 3 years ago

I hope that they will make SAW

rESgEbNcSlKYh53R6rQe_saw_movie (resized).jpgrESgEbNcSlKYh53R6rQe_saw_movie (resized).jpg
#231 3 years ago
Quoted from zeldzameflippers:

I hope that they will make SAW
[quoted image]

My wife and I were discussing home brew projects today and this was on our top 10 to create - the series lends well to gameplay/code, gimmicks and toys.

#232 3 years ago

Next five titles (five years) for Spooky to make:

Beetlejuice

Scary Movie

Zombieland Adventures

Halloween

South Park

#233 3 years ago

Next five titles (five years) for Spooky to make:
Beetlejuice
Scary Movie
Zombieland Adventures
Halloween
South Park

You forgot Team America: World Police

#234 3 years ago

i say tucker amd Dale not just because its an awesome movie, but because the sequel doesnt look like its ever getting off the ground. imagine hiring 2 unknown actors from a cult favorite and not only recreating the film experience but perhaps extending the story but only viewable in pinball form?

#235 3 years ago

Ok. My wife noticed this from Charlie and bugs
Photo from their recent trip. Seems photoshopped. Beetlejuice makes reference to Night of the Living Dead in one scene...could this say “Pinballbeetlejuice”? Take my money!!!!

BC366CAC-5D68-4410-952F-B27611635945 (resized).jpegBC366CAC-5D68-4410-952F-B27611635945 (resized).jpeg
#236 3 years ago

For those who don’t know ‘Night of the Living Dead’ is PUBLIC DOMAIN meaning anyone can use the movie and clips for ANYTHING.

So if they decided to go that route its not anything you would license its just something you’d do. Personally as a big horror fan I would NOT want to see a Night of the Living dead pinball game. For one the movie is in black and white so just would like to do something a bit more modern.

If you’re staying with the spooky theme here some titles I would choose between.

1). Friday the 13th
2). Halloween
3). Exorcist
4). Army of the Dead
5). Scooby Doo
6). Beetlejuice
7). Universal Horror Classics
8). The Shinning
9). Silence of the Lambs
10). Lost Boys would be a GREAT choice

Now considering his relationship with Rob Zombie I could see House of a 1000 Corpses but I hope not. The movie is very cult and very violent.

If you want to do horror and laughs at the same time Fright NIght, Army of Darkness or Lost Boys would be a great. I could also go for The Thing.

#237 3 years ago

How about just a John Carpenter themed pinball... movie modes:

1) Halloween
2). They Live
3). The Thing
4). The Fog
5). Christine
6). Escape from New York

Now that would be freaking cool!!!

Big Trouble in Little China and Starman just don’t fit but wouldn’t that be a badass pinball...

#238 3 years ago

I agree with the above. The Lost Boys would be a great theme.

#239 3 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

How about just a John Carpenter themed pinball... movie modes:

1) Halloween
2). They Live
3). The Thing
4). The Fog
5). Christine
6). Escape from New York

Now that would be freaking cool!!!

Vampires by John Carpenter. Now we're talking freaking cool !

#240 3 years ago

Vampires was a late movie for Carpenter I liked it but its not a classic like the others.

I think Fright Night - Lost Boys - Army of Darkness any one of the three would be great pinball because they are infused with comedy. Stranger Things is the same way it has horror but it also has some lighter tones. I think if you’re picking a horror movie I’d pick something with some laughs to break up the horror.

Obviously Beetlejuice would be a serious option as well. I still can’t believe Stern passed on Beetlejuice for Munsters. I think the thought process was Adams Family - Munsters maybe lightening will strike twice. Who knows.

#241 3 years ago

I’d be straight in on Tucker & Dale, the Mrs and me both love that movie.
So many great themes out there for Spooky.
These are just a few that are on our own personal wish list:
1. Little Shop Of Horrors
2. Beetlejuice
3. The Lost Boys
4. Monster Squad
5. Fright Night
6. Evil Dead
7. Big Trouble In Little China
8. Who Framed Roger Rabbit

#242 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Vampires by John Carpenter. Now we're talking freaking cool !

I think this would be very cool, I’ve always loved the movie.
Not Carpenters best, but still great! Consider the competition, The Thing, Big Trouble in Little China, Escape From New York, Assault on Precinct 13, Halloween.
JC deserves a Pin, Let’s start a petition!

#243 3 years ago

I’d be straight in on Tucker & Dale, the Mrs and me both love that movie.
So many great themes out there for Spooky.
These are just a few that are on our own personal wish list:
1. Little Shop Of Horrors
2. Beetlejuice
3. The Lost Boys
4. Monster Squad
5. Fright Night
6. Evil Dead
7. Big Trouble In Little China
8. Who Framed Roger Rabbit

#244 3 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Ok. My wife noticed this from Charlie and bugs
Photo from their recent trip. Seems photoshopped. Beetlejuice makes reference to Night of the Living Dead in one scene...could this say “Pinballbeetlejuice”? Take my money!!!![quoted image]

Beetlejuice seems like it'd be a good fit for Spooky, but there are a lot of neglected properties that they'd do well with...

#245 3 years ago

Wait...
So the new Spooky fan club merch is all about Bella Lugosi, but Spooky’s next pin isn’t Bella Lugosi?
Explain, because a vampire Bella Lugosi pin would look awesome next to my BSD.

0F9EDEEC-B51D-4AA4-B1D6-B73C930C2EBF (resized).jpeg0F9EDEEC-B51D-4AA4-B1D6-B73C930C2EBF (resized).jpeg

#246 3 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

Wait...
So the new Spooky fan club merch is all about Bella Lugosi, but Spooky’s next pin isn’t Bella Lugosi?
Explain, because a vampire Bella Lugosi pin would look awesome next to my BSD.

Dude, Stop. My wallet could not handle that! Clearly the next game is Abbott and Costello meet Frankenstein?

#247 3 years ago

Fun Fact: Bella Lugosi once preformed in what is now my arcade bar. I’ve got the news clippings to prove it!

#248 3 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

Fun Fact: Bella Lugosi once preformed in what is now my arcade bar. I’ve got the news clippings to prove it!

Pic please or it didn’t happen. Thx

#249 3 years ago
Quoted from Hypercoaster:

Dude, Stop. My wallet could not handle that! Clearly the next game is Abbott and Costello meet Frankenstein?

Well, my wallet couldn't handle Abbott and Costello meet Frankenstein! Such a classic. But I realize I'm likely in the minority here.

#250 3 years ago

Stick around to the end of the video to see the standup really come alive.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hastings, MN
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Performance Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

9,999 (OBO)
$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

€ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Discos Pinball Mod Shop

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

$ 17.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lermods

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinbald Mods

$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 238.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

There are 13,405 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 269.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-2021-game-speculation-thread/page/5?hl=mackey256 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.