7hPz.gif
IMG_6612 (resized).jpeg
harley-quinn-legends-of-the-dark-knight-1_dc-comics_silo (resized).png
tumblr_ndd9vhv4uu1qedb29o1_500.gif
IMG_1836 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1833 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1832 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 13,405 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 269.
#2251 2 years ago

Signed up for the fang club to give some support. Unsure if I need a new game yet

#2252 2 years ago

Lady and the Tramp! Meatball multiballllllllll

#2253 2 years ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

Don't get them wet multiball... one ball goes in the fountain and 5 pop out

Microwave multiball.

#2254 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I watched this with my niece last night on my greatest Goodwill find ever - a working Laserdisc player!
[quoted image]

If it was a LaserActive, you'd really have a Goodwill story for the ages.

#2255 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Microwave multiball.

Spinner mode...rip enough spins to send the old lady out the window.

1C143825-0B56-4926-8195-7BA17F3F2941 (resized).png1C143825-0B56-4926-8195-7BA17F3F2941 (resized).png
#2256 2 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

Spinner mode...rip enough spins to send the old lady out the window.
[quoted image]

Spinner mode level 2... rip enough spins to send Santa Gremlin flying from ceiling fan.

2B5B5723-018F-4809-A09F-95E08647F2B4 (resized).jpeg2B5B5723-018F-4809-A09F-95E08647F2B4 (resized).jpeg
#2257 2 years ago

Hmmm... could be Nightmare on Elm Street.....

Spooky_Freddy (resized).pngSpooky_Freddy (resized).png
#2258 2 years ago

i heard from my sources in the wisconsin underground it's a dark city pin

#2259 2 years ago
Quoted from Chet_Hardbody:

With Kiefer Sutherland doing his Peter Lorre-inspired weird callouts?

#2260 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I thought you were going to go down the Videodisc path but yours would be more impressive for sure.

3e68c4eaea45a40ac789950f79561381 (resized).jpg3e68c4eaea45a40ac789950f79561381 (resized).jpg
#2261 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

With Keefer Sutherland doing his Peter Lorre-inspired weird callouts?

LOL I forgot about that. I need to re-watch that movie. SO good.

#2262 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I watched this with my niece last night on my greatest Goodwill find ever - a working Laserdisc player!
[quoted image]

Gremlins 2 is a masterpiece only eclipsed in it's day by the genius that is the Super Mario Bros movie (which just had an extended cut releases with an extra 20 minutes: https://archive.org/details/super-mario-bros-1993-the-morton-jankel-cut-extended-vhs )

#2263 2 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

I thought you were going to go down the Videodisc path but yours would be more impressive for sure.
[quoted image]

Only because I became a LaserActive snob during that pre-DVD era. Have the Megadrive module, but my eternal regret is not getting the PC-Engine module for it.

#2264 2 years ago

I heard it's going to be Donnie Darko.

#2265 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

That would actually be sick to be honest. I just watched the 4k re-release, and I'm not gonna lie - it holds up.

#2266 2 years ago

I’d be a buyer on that.

Quoted from Zablon:

#2267 2 years ago

I might be the only one, but I think Donnie Darko is overrated. It feels like one of the first movies kids watch in college and are just so impressed with how smart they are for understanding it.

#2268 2 years ago

Well...that says more about its audience than the flick itself. I love the humor, the characters, the soundtrack, the story...it’s all around a great movie regardless of how pretentious some of its fans may be.

Quoted from lpeters82:

I might be the only one, but I think Donnie Darko is overrated. It feels like one of the first movies kids watch in college and are just so impressed with how smart they are for understanding it.

#2269 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I’d be a buyer on that.

Great movie but too much of a downer to be a pin.

#2270 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Well...that says more about its audience than the flick itself. I love the humor, the characters, the soundtrack, the story...it’s all around a great movie regardless of how pretentious some of its fans may be.

And what movie was Donny watching in the theater...?

Evil Dead!

0B2646E6-231B-4C11-BB28-A21595325B67 (resized).jpeg0B2646E6-231B-4C11-BB28-A21595325B67 (resized).jpeg
#2271 2 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

[quoted image]

I remeber the old days when if you wanted a laserdisc collectors boxset if a movie it wasn't cheap. $125 for Tron, $125 for Toy Story, $250 for Star Wars trilogy (pre special edition changes), $150 Star Trek film collection (only up to star trek 5 at that point).

These youngsters with their shout factory buray special editions of cult movies for less than
$30 dont know how good they got it.

#2272 2 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I remeber the old days when if you wanted a laserdisc collectors boxset if a movie it wasn't cheap. $125 for Tron, $125 for Toy Story, $250 for Star Wars trilogy (pre special edition changes), $150 Star Trek film collection (only up to star trek 5 at that point).
These youngsters with their shout factory buray special editions of cult movies for less than

Who buys blue ray anymore? All digital nowadays

#2273 2 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I remeber the old days when if you wanted a laserdisc collectors boxset if a movie it wasn't cheap. $125 for Tron, $125 for Toy Story, $250 for Star Wars trilogy (pre special edition changes), $150 Star Trek film collection (only up to star trek 5 at that point). Relating this to Spooky Pinball next game guessing, I also had the blood red laserdisc version of Evil Dead 2.

#2274 2 years ago

The Star Wars Laserdiscs were the gold standard for a long time

#2275 2 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Evil Dead![quoted image]

Hail to the king. (Not Bubba hotep)

#2276 2 years ago

[quoted image]</blockquotehi

How about Logan's Run! That's from my collection of RCA selectavision discs.. pre laser disc technology

IMAG4458 (resized).jpgIMAG4458 (resized).jpg
#2277 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I'll keep a kid out of college for a year for Donnie Darko! Who needs college right.

#2278 2 years ago
Quoted from Tiki-Ed:

Who buys blue ray anymore? All digital nowadays

I still love physical media. Lot of the stuff I.like ti watch isnt always readily available. Plus the commentaries, bonus features, making of stuff, etc is not as common on streaming services.

I just watched the bluray of the TV cut of the 1976 King Kong and it was fantastic. Loved watching all the original movie of the week bumpers and promos, commercials from the 1978 TV broadcast of it.

Speaking of which, King Kong could be a fun theme for pinball.

#2279 2 years ago

How about Logan's Run. That's from my collection of RCA selectavision discs. Pre laser disc technology

IMAG4458 (resized).jpgIMAG4458 (resized).jpg
#2280 2 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Evil Dead![quoted image]

ohhhh myyyy goddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd

#2281 2 years ago

LOL I forgot about that. I need to re-watch that movie. SO good.

Just be sure to skip the first five minutes or so! That's what I did unintentionally the first time I saw the movie and thought it was so cool how over the course of the film you uncover the secrets of what's really going on. I liked it so much I got family to watch it with me. This time I saw it from the beginning only to discover the movie begins with VO that explains / spoils everything.

Also, the ending with the bizarre dragon ball z battle or whatever was disappointing

#2282 2 years ago
Quoted from Mitoska:

How about Logan's Run. That's from my collection of RCA selectavision discs. Pre laser disc technology
[quoted image]

This movie is amazing. I am a Millenial, and this movie is fantastic as a comedy. I challenge anyone to sit through the soundtrack off of youtube for 20 minutes.

Just because you can make electronic sound effects does not mean you should.

#2283 2 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

This movie is amazing. I am a Millenial, and this movie is fantastic as a comedy. I challenge anyone to sit through the soundtrack off of youtube for 20 minutes.

I would remake this movie if I could.

#2284 2 years ago
Quoted from Mitoska:

[quoted image]

That's awesome! Does it still play ok?

My first foray to home video was this was 8mm version of Star Wars. It was only a few minutes long and silent but I.could sync the music.from the soundtrack LP. It featured the Millenium Falcon escape from the Death Star and the Tie Fighter battle right after. I think I played it so much I wore out the sprocket holes on the film.

6820158541_6e37ac6048_b (resized).jpg6820158541_6e37ac6048_b (resized).jpg
#2285 2 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

The story of how Logan's Run was made and how it changed radically in stop and start production is pretty interesting.

#2286 2 years ago

If you guys want to talk physical media, you should take it to the physical media thread. Believe me, that thread could use the boost!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/physical-movie-media-enthusiasts-dvd-blu-ray-laserdisc-vhs-etc

#2287 2 years ago
Quoted from TheBeefSupreme:

I’m in a weird spot. I would love an AoD pin but I have a 3 year old and one year old and that would probably scare the crap out of them, so I probably wouldn’t be able to get it.

People were saying that when Stern was releasing The Walking Dead. You have to remember that kids adapt quickly. It's sink or swim in my house

#2288 2 years ago

It also occurred to me what a coincidence it is that Nightmare and Evil Dead are the 2 top themes being thrown around. Sam Raimi and Wes Craven had a bit of a game they would play where they would put a nod to eachothers movies in their movies. Sam Raimi put a torn in half 'The Hills Have Eyes' poster in the cellar in the first Evil Dead. Wes Craven then put Evil Dead on the television in the first Nightmare on Elm Street. Raimi responded by putting Freddy's glove in the workshed in Evil Dead 2! There may be more.

This all started when Raimi noticed how Craven had put a torn in half JAWS poster in the family trailer in The Hills Have Eyes, as if to say this was so much more scary than JAWS. He took a jab at Craven by then putting the Hills poster in Evil Dead. Now the game could be taking it a step further.
c62975d47020c7e48ca69df6b5ab73a29396f688_hq (resized).jpgc62975d47020c7e48ca69df6b5ab73a29396f688_hq (resized).jpg

#2289 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I watched it throughout high school and every time I watched it, it made less and less sense.

#2290 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

That's fair. I do think I'm mostly turned off by those that thing it's this deep masterpiece.

Quoted from shlt_thunder:

I watched it throughout high school and every time I watched it, it made less and less sense.

I find it to be intentionally vague.

#2291 2 years ago

This two game thing being released at the same time had me thinking...

Is it entirely possible that Spooky would simultaneously release two titles with the same playfield overall layout just two different themes? Similar to when Stern did Family Guy & Shrek ?!

#2292 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:This two game thing being released at the same time had me thinking...
Is it entirely possible that Spooky would simultaneously release two titles with the same playfield overall layout just two different themes? Similar to when Stern did Family Guy & Shrek ?!

Still a ton of unique work needed for LCD/video assets, callouts, plastics, different art, etc. It would save a little time but not as much as you might think at first glance.

#2293 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Oh God. I'd never be THAT lucky.

Goodwill has been my coping method for A Year of No Shows. I can dig around and look for treasures, kind of like bins of games or pin parts.

For instance I've achieved a complete collection of TI graphing calculators, displayed here in my office in chronological order of release from left to right.

PXL_20210604_235656455 (resized).jpgPXL_20210604_235656455 (resized).jpg
#2294 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Oh God. I'd never be THAT lucky.
Goodwill has been my coping method for A Year of No Shows. I can dig around and look for treasures, kind of like bins of games or pin parts.
For instance I've achieved a complete collection of TI graphing calculators, displayed here in my office in chronological order of release from left to right.
[quoted image]

Think about all the BOOBLESS messages you can see !

tumblr_inline_p74lfrJj1r1r94bak_640 (resized).jpgtumblr_inline_p74lfrJj1r1r94bak_640 (resized).jpg
#2295 2 years ago
Quoted from cloggedDrain:

Kaneda seems to think it's going to be two titles being released at the same time, Nightmare on Elm Street and Evil Dead
If this is true, it's going to be an amazing!

it's neither. stop listening to his bad guesses. he's a fisherman casting his line.

#2296 2 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

it's neither. stop listening to his bad guesses. he's a fisherman casting his line.

Fish_Tales (resized).pngFish_Tales (resized).png
#2297 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

TI 85 still in service here!

16228524400443712858458171856217 (resized).jpg16228524400443712858458171856217 (resized).jpg
#2298 2 years ago
Quoted from copperpot:

TI 85 still in service here![quoted image]

I'm more interested in what is that POW block to the right ?

#2299 2 years ago
Quoted from copperpot:

TI 85 still in service here![quoted image]

Nice!

I'm also working on making my OWN calculator, specifically for programming. Same form factor, using a TI-83+ LCD.

PXL_20210604_212829736 (resized).jpgPXL_20210604_212829736 (resized).jpg
#2300 2 years ago

I’m watching Army of Darkness...again, for about the 150th time since 1992. It’s too good. Spooky. Please.

A07D0A7B-6E6C-4BA7-AAAC-3ED00DFE1944 (resized).jpegA07D0A7B-6E6C-4BA7-AAAC-3ED00DFE1944 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hastings, MN
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 13,405 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 269.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-2021-game-speculation-thread/page/46?hl=somenerd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.