7hPz.gif
IMG_6612 (resized).jpeg
harley-quinn-legends-of-the-dark-knight-1_dc-comics_silo (resized).png
tumblr_ndd9vhv4uu1qedb29o1_500.gif
IMG_1836 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1833 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1832 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 13,399 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 268.
#2051 2 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

Exactly. If you don't think Scooby was eating Shaggys pot brownies then you are seriously naive. Someone else said the hippie thing has run its course. Seriously? It's still here! . The drug insinuating humor and mannerisms is 100% purposely done, well executes, and accepted as truth.

Could. It agree more. R&M is garbage first of all. And the pin sucks too. The show has such a small cult, intense group, following... Where as Scooby is multigenerational. My nephew was Scoobies for Halloween 4 years ago....
Scooby would be awesome as a pin and prefect for Spooky to do.

I hear ya there but if RM is so bad then why do you have your hopes so high that Scooby is going to be good.

#2052 2 years ago

Kudos to Spooky. Unlike Stern or JJP, no one has any fucking clue what the next game is. Keeps us guessing, which is half of the fun!

#2053 2 years ago

Rick and Morty is not a “cult following” it’s a gigantic IP with tons of commercial success.

#2054 2 years ago
Quoted from Sunsfan23:

Rick and Morty is not a “cult following” it’s a gigantic IP with tons of commercial success.

Agreed. Gen X had Family Guy and Millenials/Gen Z have Rick and Morty. It is pretty freakin popular.

#2055 2 years ago

I think some people forget that Scooby was from an era when people had 2 or 3 channels to watch. Don't get me wrong, I loved Scooby..and even still watch the newer movies here or there..but the overall appeal isn't there for me anymore. Most likely not interested in a pin of it.

Also, unless it has a camera that puts you in the game, like Hannabarberaland it's a fail.

#2056 2 years ago

Billygrippo just sent me THIS!.......

NEXT SPOOKY GAME CONFIRMED

next_spooky_pinball (resized).jpgnext_spooky_pinball (resized).jpg
#2057 2 years ago

They've already shown Bela Lugosi with the Fang Club, that was the teaser. If someone hasn't already said it...

spookysnext (resized).jpgspookysnext (resized).jpg
#2058 2 years ago

Almost sounds like I'm in the minority, but I'd love a Freddy/NoES pin from Spooky. It's the most interesting of the rumors I've read here thus far.

Was sad to sell my Gottlieb due to love for the theme, but it rarely got played. Would be awesome to get the theme again in proper form.
Charedlie.gifCharedlie.giffredp.jpgfredp.jpg

#2059 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Ben’s in the middle, billy grippo’s on the right, who’s on the left??

#2060 2 years ago

That Wilson Phillips sure looks like a “stern”

#2061 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

[quoted image]

Yah, but does it have magic?

#2062 2 years ago

The video playing on the back box of that “stern” Ben sent, has has the lyrics....”hold on for one more day”. Maybe there going to reveal the new title tomorrow?

#2063 2 years ago
Quoted from riggy469:

Evil Dead. Have it encompass 1,2 and AoD. Groovy.

Sign me up!!!

#2064 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

[quoted image]

Nah. If you're skinning Elvira, Scooby Doo is the natural fit.

scooby doo 2 (resized).pngscooby doo 2 (resized).png
scooby doo 1 (resized).pngscooby doo 1 (resized).png

#2065 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

The sales of BIBLE ADVENTURES would make Scooby-Doo look like RAZA!

Baby Moses multiball!!!!!!!!

#2066 2 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

I’d prefer a F13 pin over another Nightmare pin, but either would make sense. Freddy is universally recognizable and would probably sell pretty well. Same as Rick and Morty? Probably not.

Agree 100 percent F13 > Nightmare. I do appreciate TigerLaw pointing out Freddys ability to talk which is a HUGE deal, especially in a spooky game, but perhaps they could incorporate Pamela Voorhees into the call outs, would be epic.

#2067 2 years ago
Quoted from Sunsfan23:

Until Spooky released Rick & Morty I never knew it existed.

#2068 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Rick and Morty is not hotter than Scooby.

You are aware that R&M signed a seven season extension correct? They will still be making new prime time R&M in 2030...between now and then there may be several iterations of Scooby Doo that fail to stick around for one reason or another...mostly due to competition from more current shows like R&M. I agree with your point that the fact that people keep trying to breath life back in to the Scooby Doo IP is a sign of some significant interest in the brand and, again I will say, I think Scooby Doo will sell well enough for Spooky...but the IP for R&M is hot and current with off the chart enthusiasm and Scooby Doo just doesn’t have that.

R&M can not compete with over 50 years of history and still going of Scooby. Scooby has much bigger appeal and a following. There is a reason Scooby has been around still since 1969.

If all you need is recognition and IP age to have a fantastic theme...how about we get Bible Adventures going? It has more recognition and is far older than even Scooby Doo plus no licensing fee!

#2069 2 years ago

Why are we discussing R&M vs Scooby? The R&M game sucks and they aren't going to put out 2.0 as their next pin. One of my buddies.... That shit got traded for a GOTG real quick and gets a ton more plays than R&M ever did.

Scooby would be great. And, the people that buy pinball machines are in the age group that recognize, enjoy(ed), and would probably buy a Scooby machine.

I like the Evil Dead/Army of Darkness thing but I don't think it's strong enough to compete with Scooby. What else could there be (not F13 OR NMOES related)

Scooby Snacks Multiball anyone?!

#2070 2 years ago

If you are so blinded by your hatred for R&M that you don't understand why it is a main part of the discussion there isn't much anyone can say. It's fine if you feel that way, I'm not a fan of Addams Family...but frankly, GoTG has NOTHING on R&M.

#2071 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

[quoted image]

Hold on...

#2072 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

If you are so blinded by your hatred for R&M that you don't understand why it is a main part of the discussion there isn't much anyone can say. It's fine if you feel that way, I'm not a fan of Addams Family...but frankly, GoTG has NOTHING on R&M.

Addams family the theme? Yeah me either. The machine is decent. But we don't need a remake.

R&M for what ever it is, just isn't good. As a show (imo) and definitely not as a pinball machine. (Again imo).

Fair to compare it to goth tho bc they are both already machines. GOTG is way better, just as the ratings show.

Not into comparing Scooby and r&m. Doesn't make sense to anyway. One is an already made, sub par game, and one isn't even a reality.

That said, Scooby = much better theme and opportunity for a great pin.

#2073 2 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

The R&M game sucks

Obviously you have never plunged a ball on one.

#2074 2 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

No point in that discussion. You either like it or you don't. Doesn't even like the theme, why would <pronoun> like the pin?

#2075 2 years ago
Quoted from Extraballz:

Agreed. Gen X had Family Guy and Millenials/Gen Z have Rick and Morty. It is pretty freakin popular.

I am a GEN X (51) and I loved Family Guy. I also love R & M, and that was before the pin.

After being exposed to R&M, I hardly even want to watch Family Guy/ Simpsons anymore...just doesn't feel edgy/fresh/clever.

#2076 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

No point in that discussion. You either like it or you don't. Doesn't even like the theme, why would <pronoun> like the pin?

I love star wars and the pin is just so so. Not a fan of star trek but I own it bc it's a great game.
R&M is not fun. The shots suck. No flow. The humor lasts one game. I'm not a professional but I can hold my own. The shots are hard af and not satisfying. Sucks to just clang a ball around. Really, the game isn't a good one.

To each their own. I'm glad some people do enjoy it. That's the main thing. Happy people. I just don't personally know anyone that likes the game and I've got a lot of pinball people friends

P.s. I have plunged a ball. Played quite a few games. And left it. Bc it sucks. Bahahaha

#2077 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Doesn't even like the theme, why would like the pin?

I don't like any of the Marvel Themes or JP for that matter...some great f'n pins, though.

#2078 2 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

I don't like any of the Marvel Themes or JP for that matter...some great f'n pins, though.

I'm looking at it more from the perspective that it is one of the best theme integrations in pinball. If you can't stand the theme/humor, you probably aren't going to like the pin. He's not wrong that it is hard af, so that only adds to the dislike for some. But also, if you are using GoTG as a comparison for gameplay...that's a completely different set of people. I played that game for an hour on 3 balls and was bored out of my mind....and I suck at pinball and am a huge GoTG fan.

#2079 2 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

This 100%. Legitimately one of the best pins made in the last few years imho.

#2080 2 years ago

Hell, I'm a tail end boomer and I absolutely love Rick and Morty, the show and the pin.

I can see how people who suck at pinball might not like the pin so much.

But I've been playing pinball for over 50 years, and it's the most fun I've ever had playing.

Anything Spooky comes up with is sure to be a letdown after R&M, AFAIC.

#2081 2 years ago

The varying opinions is really cool to see. I'm not hating on any people for liking any of the games. I just hate on the pins. Hahaha

A hard af pin and a theme I don't like at all makes for the worst combo.

A "meh whatever" theme and same type game is just that. Eh, it's ok.

But no matter what, a great shooting pin is fun. It could be a blank slate with no theme. If it's fun to play adding a great theme would only make it greater. Adding a bad theme wouldn't hurt it.

It's all in the eye of the flipperman.

PS. GOTG doesn't suck.

#2082 2 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Hell, I'm a tail end boomer and I absolutely love Rick and Morty, the show and the pin.
I can see how people who suck at pinball might not like the pin so much.
But I've been playing pinball for over 50 years, and it's the most fun I've ever had playing.

See I feel the opposite. I see them as really having an opportunity to make a better pin! TNA is great, but that wasn't even their own design and hasn't been matched since.

I vote Scooby. It is great for Spooky.

#2083 2 years ago

Where’d everybody go? Too busy hitting refresh of Facebook?

#2084 2 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

Where’d everybody go? Too busy hitting refresh of Facebook?

Spooky did say the next game would be stacked...

dednr54-f07f1564-4b72-4c49-a360-e09009078ab6 (resized).pngdednr54-f07f1564-4b72-4c49-a360-e09009078ab6 (resized).png
#2085 2 years ago

I had to watch with my kids and I was like hello!

Crush on Velma.

#2086 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Spooky did say the next game would be stacked...[quoted image]

And still they chose to go after ghosts ...

#2087 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Nah. If you're skinning Elvira, Scooby Doo is the natural fit.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Makes me want it even more!!

#2088 2 years ago

Makes me want it even more!!

Crazy part is, if Stern hasn't thought of it already and Spooky really isn't doing SD next, reskinning Elvira as Scooby Doo is an easy fit and would sell way better than Elvira. The work is already mostly done. Nordman's design is solid and sir_tankalot delivered a great game, as usual. Throw on 3 art packages, reskin the code and viola! new, very in-demand game.

Could be one of Stern's top sellers.

#2089 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Crazy part is, if Stern hasn't thought of it already and Spooky really isn't doing SD next, reskinning Elvira as Scooby Doo is an easy fit and would sell way better than Elvira. The work is already mostly done. Nordman's design is solid and sir_tankalot delivered a great game, as usual. Throw on 3 art packages, reskin the code and viola! new, very in-demand game.

I can see stern doing exactly this but with Harry Potter, the license would be an expensive one to acquire so would be a cost save to re-skin Elvira. The haunted house is perfect for Hogwarts, dead head crypt = Chamber of Secrets. Give it the old KA-POW re-do like Dark Knight/BM66.
It would be a massive hit for them.

#2090 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Problem right now is not even Stern can keep up with demand for new games. Mando was delayed several weeks from their normal schedule and they revealed it with plenty of backlog.

Wasn’t RNM #740 for sale here recently? Said they were expecting the call to decide on options soon, which means built soon. Spooky is going to run out of RNM to build any day now and if they don’t announce soon are going to have the opportunity to be building them and announce with several in the box ready to ship.

#2091 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It’s been basically confirmed that Spooky has SD, the issue is the rumor is that even though they have it it’s not next (possibly it is the game they would partner up with CGC with). At this juncture I think SB is in fact next and the horror movie stuff is just a misdirect. One thing is for sure, Spooky has done an incredible job of maintaining the secrecy of the next release...no one has a clue.

#2092 2 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

All I can say, is just wait until you see the playfield!

--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics
http://LockWhenLit.com
Quality Board Work - In Home Service
LockWhenLit at gmail dot com

#2093 2 years ago

I heard it was Micheal Jackson Thriller.

Also on that note...Freddy was innocent. Remember that the whole reason he was killed was because he got off. The parents were the real bad guys of the original movies!

https://www.dreadcentral.com/news/286923/video-mounts-a-convincing-case-freddy-krueger-was-innocent-all-along/

#2094 2 years ago
PXL_20210602_002707214 (resized).jpgPXL_20210602_002707214 (resized).jpg
#2095 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Spooky has done an incredible job of maintaining the secrecy of the next release...no one has a clue.

"No one has a clue" you say...Clues are in Scooby Doo...Scooby Doo confirmed.

#2096 2 years ago

So it’s Friday the 13th ?

#2097 2 years ago

Swords of Fury II: Return of Lionman!

#2098 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

So it’s Friday the 13th ?

So pissed I allowed R & M to get by me, if its Friday, im in.

#2099 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

[quoted image]

Proves it is not Scooby.......

#2100 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

[quoted image]

Scrappy Doo? Say it ain't so, Ben! Scrappy and Scooby Dum are the Jar Jar of the Scooby Doo universe.

Scooby Doo. Scooby Doo. Scooby Doo. Scooby Doo. Scooby Doo. Scooby Doo. Scooby Doo.

It's a dead smexy moneymaker.
scooby doo 2 (resized).pngscooby doo 2 (resized).png

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 999.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution
Toppers
$ 49.99
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 45.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy
Protection
Machine - For Sale
Saginaw, MI
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Grand Haven, MI
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
NinjaCamp Mods
Protection
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus
Plastics
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.
Other
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy
Other
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 13,399 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 268.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-2021-game-speculation-thread/page/42?hl=manadams and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.