7hPz.gif
IMG_6612 (resized).jpeg
harley-quinn-legends-of-the-dark-knight-1_dc-comics_silo (resized).png
tumblr_ndd9vhv4uu1qedb29o1_500.gif
IMG_1836 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1833 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1832 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 13,405 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 269.
#2001 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Evil Dead would have been better. I think it’s Scooby Doo...Evil Dead would have been better that too.

Ben said it's not Scooby Doo, but he's not above misdirection, so...maybe?

Scooby Doo would sell > Rick and Morty numbers with ease. It has multi-generational appeal from never being off the air since the 1960s, no bad language, implied drug humor for comedy, great characters with well-established personalities, and a MOUNTAIN of video assets. Easily the broadest appeal of all the titles floated in this thread. The perfect pin theme if you want sales.

#2002 2 years ago

Not specifically Evil Dead, but could it be Army of Darkness? Or is that too similar in theme to Alice Cooper

Edit: caught up on the last page, sorry for repeating discussion!

#2003 2 years ago

Could also be A NEW Nightmare on Elm Street pin ?!

Robert_Englund (resized).pngRobert_Englund (resized).png
#2004 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Ben said it's not Scooby Doo, but he's not above misdirection, so...maybe?
Scooby Doo would sell > Rick and Morty numbers with ease. It has multi-generational appeal from never being off the air since the 1960s, no bad language, implied drug humor for comedy, great characters with well-established personalities, and a MOUNTAIN of video assets. Easily the broadest appeal of all the titles floated in this thread. The perfect pin theme if you want sales.

Agree.

#2005 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Scooby Doo will likely sell well enough, there will be some demand for it. My prior posts were focused on the three horror movies that were being discussed.

All the same, I think R&M is a better theme for pinball in 2021 than Scooby Doo. It’s modern. It’s hot as it could possibly be. There have been numerous failed attempts to bring back Scooby Doo...they never make it past a couple seasons. Just because something is super nostalgic and super recognized doesn’t mean it’ll sell out in four hours like R&M did...you need more than recognition you need enthusiasm. Rick and Morty had a ton of enthusiasm...just ask McDonalds...Scooby Doo doesn’t command near the enthusiasm that R&M does in 2021.

R&M is hands down a superior theme to Scooby Doo...and it’s not close. This doesn’t mean Scooby Doo is not a good theme, it’ll sell.

#2006 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

[quoted image]

Whoa. Wait is this it?!

#2008 2 years ago

painfully obvious photoshop.

Quoted from mrclean:

[quoted image]

#2009 2 years ago

Yes it is, but... but...

Anyway, I hate this theme even though it was popular back then...

It is quite a let down, I hope it is not it

#2010 2 years ago

I’m a huge horror nerd and not a fan of NOES. Would WAY PREFER Army of Darkness, Evil Dead II, Return of the living dead, Dead Alive, Reanimator, Friday 13th etc etc

Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Yes it is, but... but...
Anyway, I hate this theme even though it was popular back then...
It is quite a let down, I hope it is not it

#2011 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

implied drug humor for comedy

I don't recall any of that, except maybe for Shaggy's laid back hippie-like persona and speech, man, and the fact that he and Scooby were always hungry, as if they had the munchies. Bit of a stretch. The originators in the 60s certainly weren't going to deliberately do anything that controversial and in fact denied doing so, when it was finally brought up years later as a rumor.

The same goes for HR Pufnstuf's creators, the Krofft brothers, and that show was trippy as hell. It's a bit harder to believe them, though. Come on, puffin' stuff? Wow, I never realized they only made 17 episodes. If you remember the show and haven't seen the Mr. Show skit "The Altered State of Drugachusetts" you just have to.

The Banana Splits was pretty bananas, as well!

#2012 2 years ago

I’d prefer a F13 pin over another Nightmare pin, but either would make sense. Freddy is universally recognizable and would probably sell pretty well. Same as Rick and Morty? Probably not.

#2013 2 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Same as Rick and Morty? Probably not.

I’d say the opposite.

The amount of queries I get for the Gottlieb Freddy pin is amazing, considering what a POS it is. It’s non pin people, who want a F13 pinball just for the theme.

Rick and Morty has very passionate fans - but in the mainstream, not so much.

Almost everyone has heard of Freddy Krueger.

rd

#2014 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I’d say the opposite.
The amount of queries I get for the Gottlieb Freddy pin is amazing, considering what a POS it is. It’s non pin people, who want a F13 pinball just for the theme.
Rick and Morty has very passionate fans - but in the mainstream, not so much.
rd

R&M sold out in hours, though. It would be tough to match that. If the next game really is Freddy, I guess we’ll see.

If (a) the next game is Freddy and (b) sells out in minutes vs. hours, I’ll buy you a box of Tim Tams.

#2015 2 years ago

I don't think it is Freddy, Halloween, or Friday the 13th. If anything it would be more likely to be Saturday the 14th.

#2016 2 years ago

Would love evil dead and if that's not happening then hopefully a theme with a charismatic heel like nightmare. Blending horror, comedy, and fun is the recipe.

Please just not a family friendly theme because everyone else is making those.

#2017 2 years ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

Would love evil dead and if that's not happening then hopefully a theme with a charismatic heel like nightmare. Blending horror, comedy, and fun is the recipe.
Please just not a family friendly theme because everyone else is making those.

Exactly, This is a boutique pinball company..Make pins that are not commercial mainstream please!

#2018 2 years ago

Yes, a trendy show that's been popular for just the last few years is sooooo much better of a theme than one of these major franchises that have been part of our culture for the last 40-50 years, with some of the most recognizable characters of all time. WTH is Spooky thinking??? This could be the next C.S.I. or '24'! I'm *sure* R&M will still have legions of fans, merchandise, and new movies and shows in 40 years.

There's nothing wrong with going with the flavor of the day, or something with wider appeal, but I think it's a bit harsh to say it would be a horrible business dicision to go with a classic horror movie theme.

#2019 2 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Yes, a trendy show that's been popular for just the last few years is sooooo much better of a theme than one of these major franchises that have been part of our culture for the last 40-50 years, with some of the most recognizable characters of all time. WTH is Spooky thinking??? This could be the next C.S.I. or '24'! I'm *sure* R&M will still have legions of fans, merchandise, and new movies and shows in 40 years.
There's nothing wrong with going with the flavor of the day, or something with wider appeal, but I think it's a bit harsh to say it would be a horrible business dicision to go with a classic horror movie theme.

who cares about what happens in 40 years. RM is cool today and sold out, that is the goal for a business. They are not looking at the collectibility of a pinball table in 40 years.

They are looking at making $8000 x 1.000 overnight. That is what they are looking at...

Also Nightmare on Elm is dated and not even scary or fun to watch anymore. It is a cheese 90s movie, please do not make a pin over this crap.

#2020 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I don’t believe that brand recognition matters all that much, if it did then Bible Adventures would be by far and away a top tier theme that everyone would be working on and trying to bring to market. Enthusiasm for a brand, on the other hand, is all that matters and the reason R&M sold out in four hours.

I mean, I guess we will see soon if the next Spooky is in fact Nightmare, F13, or Halloween and they sell out in less than 4 hours. I’m still holding out hope it’s an Ash based game (which will instantly take my Godzilla money from Stern).

#2021 2 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

I don't recall any of that, except maybe for Shaggy's laid back hippie-like persona and speech, man, and the fact that he and Scooby were always hungry, as if they had the munchies. Bit of a stretch. The originators in the 60s certainly weren't going to deliberately do anything that controversial and in fact denied doing so, when it was finally brought up years later as a rumor.

Agree 100%, never saw Scooby as anything other than a delightfully campy representation of the times in which it was created.

The thing is, by the time Scooby was first released in ‘68 or ‘69, the hippie/druggy stuff had already thoroughly influenced the wider popular culture. By that point, even the “squares” were wearing paisley & pachouli and using slang like “far out” and “gassy”, and the Technicolor aesthetic permeated just about everything.

There were even classical albums released during this time which featured heavily “psychedelic” album art, but I have yet to hear anyone argue that Herbert von Karajan, George Szell, or Leonard Bernstein were “heads”, lol.

#2022 2 years ago

Anyone who doesn't think Shaggy was high constantly is in denial.

#2023 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

[quoted image]

Holy noise - the nightmare. The greatest hardcore techno song IMO. Very Fine example.
You’ve got their power, I’ve got their souls...”

#2024 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I didn't think people who are high constantly had the energy to go out and chase spooks.

They certainly never showed him toking up or anything, not even an unexplained cloud of smoke in the Mystery Machine.

It isn't denial if the thing being denied is untrue.

#2025 2 years ago

I didn't think people who are high constantly had the energy to go out and chase spooks.
They certainly never showed him toking up or anything, not even an unexplained cloud of smoke in the Mystery Machine.

Shaggy spent most of his time hiding. And...LMAO. Whatever you want to tell yourself.

Next you'll be saying Tech Sgt. Chen wasn't high the entire time because they never showed him toking up.

#2026 2 years ago

I totally remember a cloud of smoke coming from the Mystery Machine!!

#2027 2 years ago

That was still while short, the best interpretation of the Scooby Doo bunch in live action ever.

ANd yes, I realize the creators to this day deny it ever being intentional, but...it's a kids show... it would hurt the brand to admit it...or at least...it would have. I doubt it would hurt it at all these days.

#2028 2 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

I totally remember a cloud of smoke coming from the Mystery Machine!!

You have got to be kidding. That isn't even Scooby Doo, it's a parody within a fucking Jay and Silent Bob movie.

#2029 2 years ago

You have got to be kidding. That isn't even Scooby Doo, it's a parody within a fucking Jay and Silent Bob movie.

#2030 2 years ago
E8534177-492C-4AB0-A6B7-E0CD7B474202 (resized).jpegE8534177-492C-4AB0-A6B7-E0CD7B474202 (resized).jpeg
#2031 2 years ago

Wow... You have absolutely no gauge for sarcastic humor, do you?

Since I obviously watched it, remembered it, searched for it, and posted it, I figured it was extremely obvious that I knew exactly what it was I was posting. Thanks for the description anyway... lol

#2032 2 years ago

Maybe I'm off base, but it seems some people are really underestimating how popular Rick and Morty is. And the Uber fans (which there are alot) are rabid. Scooby-Doo has been around forever though and has a broad base (5 years to 50). I don't think I'd want a Scooby-Doo pin, but I'm not really into that nostalgia stuff. Seems everyone else is though.

#2033 2 years ago

Dear Spooky,
It’s June tomorrow. Just saying. Let’s not drag this out any longer than needed.

Thanks.

#2034 2 years ago

The sales of BIBLE ADVENTURES would make Scooby-Doo look like RAZA!

#2035 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Scooby Doo will likely sell well enough, there will be some demand for it. My prior posts were focused on the three horror movies that were being discussed.
All the same, I think R&M is a better theme for pinball in 2021 than Scooby Doo. It’s modern. It’s hot as it could possibly be. There have been numerous failed attempts to bring back Scooby Doo...they never make it past a couple seasons. Just because something is super nostalgic and super recognized doesn’t mean it’ll sell out in four hours like R&M did...you need more than recognition you need enthusiasm. Rick and Morty had a ton of enthusiasm...just ask McDonalds...Scooby Doo doesn’t command near the enthusiasm that R&M does in 2021.
R&M is hands down a superior theme to Scooby Doo...and it’s not close. This doesn’t mean Scooby Doo is not a good theme, it’ll sell.

So every new incarnation of Scooby since 1969 is because the previous show was a failure? If the show was a failure why would they keep coming back? Rick and Morty is not hotter than Scooby.

Many people are turned off by the language of R&M, that’s a fact. R&M can not compete with over 50 years of history and still going of Scooby. Scooby has much bigger appeal and a following. There is a reason Scooby has been around still since 1969. Once R&M is off the air, that will be it. Scooby has staying power that very few cartoons/franchises can claim.

#2036 2 years ago

Thinking of the Batman VS superman movie got me to contemplating Spooky's next pin.

My Little Pony VS Freddy on Elm Street.

Runner up, The Night of the Return of the Living Little Pony.

LTG : )

#2037 2 years ago

Spooky do Scooby Doo.
Thanks

#2038 2 years ago

Maybe it is House...

house (resized).jpghouse (resized).jpg
#2039 2 years ago

Freddy, Jason, Michael, Pinhead, Ghostface, Chucky....Why pick one when you can have them all!

8DB8F1D3-2DF6-4741-839C-B0C4DDD30C8C (resized).jpeg8DB8F1D3-2DF6-4741-839C-B0C4DDD30C8C (resized).jpeg
#2040 2 years ago

John Carpenter's pinball journey. Best audio package ever.

#2041 2 years ago

Assault on precinct 13 ball multiball

#2042 2 years ago

Predator for the win!

#2043 2 years ago

Straight up John Carpenter retrospective in a single pin would be MIND BLOWING

Quoted from Llabnip1972:

John Carpenter's pinball journey. Best audio package ever.

Quoted from Llabnip1972:

Assault on precinct 13 ball multiball

#2044 2 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Spooky do Scooby Doo.
Thanks

Oh yeah! If it appens we will be sure to have 2 Scooby pin in France

#2045 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Straight up John Carpenter retrospective in a single pin would be MIND BLOWING

I saw him live a few years back. He opened with Escape from New York. The house went apeshit

#2046 2 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

Wow... You have absolutely no gauge for sarcastic humor, do you?
Since I obviously watched it, remembered it, searched for it, and posted it, I figured it was extremely obvious that I knew exactly what it was I was posting. Thanks for the description anyway... lol

Seems to me I nailed it, I said you have got to be kidding, and I was right! And if you look closely, that van did not say Mystery Machine.

We were talking about the original cartoons. Thanks for wasting everyone's time describing the extremely obvious process of posting, though.

Changing gears,

Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Once R&M is off the air, that will be it.

Don't be so sure, they already annouced one spin-off.

#2047 2 years ago

Ben just sent me this....

3737252D-DBDA-49BE-8999-E27CA3A37E78 (resized).png3737252D-DBDA-49BE-8999-E27CA3A37E78 (resized).png
#2048 2 years ago
Quoted from Billygrippo:

Ben just sent me this....
[quoted image]

That special fish tales version of Christine, right?
Screenshot_20210531-220827 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210531-220827 (resized).jpg

#2049 2 years ago

Pretty rare....

#2050 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Exactly. If you don't think Scooby was eating Shaggys pot brownies then you are seriously naive. Someone else said the hippie thing has run its course. Seriously? It's still here! . The drug insinuating humor and mannerisms is 100% purposely done, well executes, and accepted as truth.

Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

So every new incarnation of Scooby since 1969 is because the previous show was a failure? If the show was a failure why would they keep coming back? Rick and Morty is not hotter than Scooby.
Many people are turned off by the language of R&M, that’s a fact. R&M can not compete with over 50 years of history and still going of Scooby. Scooby has much bigger appeal and a following. There is a reason Scooby has been around still since 1969. Once R&M is off the air, that will be it. Scooby has staying power that very few cartoons/franchises can claim.

Could. It agree more. R&M is garbage first of all. And the pin sucks too. The show has such a small cult, intense group, following... Where as Scooby is multigenerational. My nephew was Scoobies for Halloween 4 years ago....

Scooby would be awesome as a pin and prefect for Spooky to do.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, FL
Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 11.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
Charlotte, NC
$ 49.99
$ 13,500.00
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 100.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

There are 13,405 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 269.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-2021-game-speculation-thread/page/41?hl=boat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.