7hPz.gif
IMG_6612 (resized).jpeg
harley-quinn-legends-of-the-dark-knight-1_dc-comics_silo (resized).png
tumblr_ndd9vhv4uu1qedb29o1_500.gif
IMG_1836 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1833 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1832 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zablon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

776 posts in this topic match your search for posts by zablon. You are on page 3 of 4.
#6896 2 years ago

Man this is...a tough one. I am not really a fan of Ultraman, but the art is awesome.

#6905 2 years ago
Quoted from John_C:

I hate to see the same question coming up, but I haven't seen an answer either.
Today, I created my account on shop.spookypinball.com but I have not yet purchased my Fang membership. What happens on Wednesday? Will I be able to order a CE or BSE ? If I order and pay for a Fang membership today, does that get my "buying rights" on Wednesday?
Please help a newbie.

You have to have a FANG membership to order on Wednesday. You can 'try' to order one that day, but it will cost you time. Best to decide before Wednesday because I think it can take time to process.

#6921 2 years ago

Also everyone needs to keep in mind that LED's on camera/video always look overblown and over saturated.

#7086 2 years ago
Quoted from Wallofnoise:

Who’s designing the next Spooky pin? Charlie or Scott?

I 'think' the next one is Ben's + CGC collab? I'm sure they'll correct me if I'm wrong.

#7132 2 years ago

What he means is for the people who claim 'bolted to the floor' then MAYBE play them for 30 days before trying to sell them at a premium. So many people already making the usual statements of 'rare', which we know exactly what that means.

#7166 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Charlie said on the Super Awesome Pinball Podcast that the total number of games combined is fixed at 1,750. The actual allocation will be order based. So there could be 1000 UM’and 750 Halloween’s or vice versa’s. I think Spooky’s guess will play out

That's not what he said in the thread. UM is 500 locked.

#7177 2 years ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

1250 Halloween. Lets say 250 are going overseas. That leaves 1000 domestic.
1000/ 50 states= 20 Halloween pins per state.
Yeah... they should last a good month or two before selling out...

-You are failing to take something major into account. We have reached a saturation price point. Too many games coming out too close together at astronomical prices. There are literally people waiting to see this reveal before deciding this or something else (and not just this release). While I think these will sell well...there are lots of options out there that probably require less wait time for anyone on the fence about these 2 themes.

#7199 2 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

I can't buy without seeing a proper gameplay video, and Charlie, being the super nice reasonable guy he is shouldn't expect anyone to.

Thing is, as many have said, it probably won't matter one bit.

#7246 2 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I wonder which game was designed first? Is Halloween a reskin of Ultraman, Ultraman a reskin of Halloween, or was it designed with both in mind?

Somewhere they said it was initially John Wick..so reskins of that

#7256 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Well it's good they're not in the player's eyeline
And Idk about the latter. Sometimes it's helpful to get a fresh set of eyes to look at something and ask a few questions because the team has been working on it for months. Rick and Morty got a few minor changes after the first few batches came off the line because of player feedback.
They basically don't get to field test games anymore and only a few dozen people tops can give feedback on stuff like this. I'm at least trying to be constructive with criticism than simply assuming the game will have poor-code/lack-of-content and fretting over the unknown.

I think fretting over the unknown on a 9k game is completely legit. As legit as you questioning the LED's on something you haven't even seen in person.

#7405 2 years ago
Quoted from BWT67:

Just open it up to pinside members for an hour tonight. I don’t want to lose to some horror con chumps who gunna shove it in a corner and just take photos for Instagram. Please?

According to many Pinsider for sale ads, that's all that happens to all their games.

#7885 2 years ago

I ordered 5 of each CE roughly at open with order number of 10799! woot. Time to get flippin!

EDIT: BTW this was a joke to screw with the number crunchers. I stuck to my no-FOMO and didn't buy one. Too many NiB lately.

#7892 2 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Aren't the BSE's also #'d? Or am I wrong?

They are, but I'm not clear if the #'s are simply based on the complete total number or based on # of each version.

#7902 2 years ago
Quoted from Capn12:

Awesome, congrats Spooky! Knew it was going to be gone on Day 1, despite some folks wanting to think they'd be around for days, even weeks...

Such an odd thing to 'stick it to em' about...

#7908 2 years ago

Congrats Spooky, another very successful launch.

Hope to see one or both of these out in the wild.

#7946 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Gizmos:

I hope this means that Spooky will check the website logs and assign our place in line, based on when we first got the "order received" error message. Seems only fair...

Can already see this going sideways fast....

#7963 2 years ago

Okay so that's over.

Spooky, when are you announcing Evil Dead?

#7980 2 years ago

I got one better for you...
Army of Darkness/Scooby Doo/Weird Al's Polka Party

I mean...do I really need 3 of the exact same layout??? Maybe...

#7982 2 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

All sold out? Lol

This...give or take a few.

#7986 2 years ago

Hiding in the ball trough bitch?

might be the best callout ever.

#7997 2 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Are these sold out? Spooky still has them all listed on their website.

Run around to distros, some still have small quantities.

#8038 2 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Ill donate 100 dollars to pinside if they autoban anyone selling their spot "due to unforeseen circumstances" .

You may as well ban people selling then.

In another reality, what if RAZA ships and a person still waiting for their Halloween to be built's dream theme is Food Truck and they only have room for 15 more games? You going to ruin their chance at their dream theme? Are ya? Huh?

#8067 2 years ago

The problem with the shop is there is no point paying all that extra for a really high end one 99% of the time. Once ever 12-20 months isn't worth it.

#8082 2 years ago
Quoted from blastbeat:

On/off topic. Are most spooky owners happy with quality of builds, components, etc.. any big issues etc.? I've mostly heard very good things. Not that it matters now since I bought a CE Halloween but....

On R&M pf and cab are top notch. There's a few problem areas that hopefully are addressed on the new games. Perhaps one of the most frustrating issues was the flippers, but HWN/ULT are using Ben's new board I believe so hopefully that one is easier to get the flippers dialed in.

I will say, the jump to all the mechs and stuff on this new set will be interesting to see how well they last or how problematic they are.

#8168 2 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

So I had a deposition this morning and wasn’t able to get a deposit down by the time the games reportedly sold out.
So I guess if you can’t buy a game in the first couple hours of release these days you are screwed. Awesome.
Congrats to all the asshat flippers that bought these just to resell them for stupid prices afterwards. I guess I’ll just have to get my homebrew game done sooner and play that.

Pinballstar and Nitro both still have games I believe. Get on it.

#8172 2 years ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

I never wavered. Since the teaser video, I was in...
I also said they would sell out in the first day.
(I also said Spooky could make a pin about paper clips and it would sell out.)
Happy to be right, and a soon to be CE owner of my first NIB pin.
Drink up, Pinside- It's a happy day!

They haven't sold out, no matter how many times you try to say they have..... lol.

#8179 2 years ago
Quoted from oliviarium:

I hear Microsoft's licensing fees for Clippy are unreal.

I'd be all in on a Clippy horror movie.

#8199 2 years ago

Speaking of which, I'll be posting a for trade ad for 5000 rolls of TP for a Halloween CE later. I expect it to go fast!

#8205 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

I don’t think this game will scare you, though I could be wrong. I watched the movie last night and it was laughably not scary. And I’m a huge pussy.

The game is entirely too bright to be 'scary'. At least as of what they've shown so far. The animations are not scary. I assume there are some clips from the movie, but anyone who has seen the movie isn't going to be scared by that. I've seen a few people comment about playing it in the dark etc....I don't see it happening, too many people complain about not enough lighting. The music alone isn't scary either, just iconic. There may be some modes with enough 'rush' to them to get your adrenaline pumping though.

I think the scariest thing on this pin is probably the clown on the backbox lol. That alone is very terrifying to many people.

#8289 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I think it would be more reasonable to limit each fang club membership to a two game max. That way if someone wants a location and home game then they can do that. Anything over two of the same title is definitely suspect. But...Spooky also want to sell out. So I imagine if someone has the means to buy a bunch then Spooky might oblige. I think flippers will buy a UM ce and HWN ce and dump whichever one ends up more valuable to fund the other. It’s crafty. It’s capitalism aaand that’s the law of the land in the ol’ usa. It is what it is.

Well they did that. 1 per game per account. Can't speak for the distros, but Spooky had already said that here.

#8360 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Could they just add some extra balls to the subway trough as part of initial setup and they never fully empty during gameplay? It'd probably need some extra optos though to avoid getting too confused about where all the balls are.

If after 2 years of development, this is still a question, I'd be concerned. I'm sure they have it all figured out.

#8377 2 years ago
Quoted from BWT67:

Echoing this sentiment, but he's dead so what can ya do besides pull from the source material. AI learning Loomis maybe?

As I mentioned earlier somewhere, if you actually pay attention to the movies Loomis doesn't say that much, but he yells 'MICHAEL!" a lot. Doesn't leave a lot of room for using existing assets for callouts.

#8387 2 years ago
Quoted from BWT67:

mansplaining Loomis. .

The use of this here raises some questions. lol.

#8394 2 years ago
Quoted from BWT67:

Haha guys very funny. Keep making fun of me to validate whatever. I’m still excited for my Halloween machine, with or without fake Loomis.

It's only funny if you are a guy using it. I assume everyone is a guy until proven otherwise. If you are a female on the internet using it, you shouldn't assume anyone knows you are a female and that they are 'mansplaining' to you.

#8401 2 years ago
Quoted from jamesmc:

And I may have to sell the candy and coke machine to pay for my Halloween pin when its it's ready.
[quoted image]

Those are awesome.

#8405 2 years ago
Quoted from Nightmare:

....moving on. What are thoughts about having decals on the drop targets? From the pictures, I believe they are clear.

The clear ones do look.....bare. Normally on regular targets I could take or leave them, but the ones like this feel like they should have something on them. Like a target sticker, pumpkin, something. I'm sure someone won't waste the opportunity to make some stickers.

#8437 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

Chicken or the egg… all I’m saying is people that are purchasing a CE etc in the hopes of price gouging someone is a dickbag just my $0.02

So are people selling games they paid $100 for for 9k or selling games after 30 days for above retail...but hey...

Just the nature of capitalism.

#8459 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Houses are ONLY $500k somewhere?!?! What magical fairy tale land do you live in?!

Yeah, in these backwater towns where houses are under 200k you have to give up the good things in life like bumper to bumper traffic, people being hateful walking down the street, homeless everywhere, people flipping you off as they pass, Starbucks on every corner etc. It's not for everyone.

#8464 2 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

And you can pay a visit to the Amana Colonies for some great beef jerky and fruit wines!

Man I haven't been there since the Brickhaus closed!

#8469 2 years ago

I really do like the asthetic of Ultraman more than the Halloween, even though I like Halloween better as a theme.

#8473 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Really? Edmistons art package for Halloween is mind blowing. I think it might be one of the most gorgeous pins period. Can’t wait to see it in person.

Don't get me wrong. I LIKE the art, but overall I'm less hyped about it overall for the theme. I really don't know what it is, it just doesn't do it for me. Too much orange and brown and not enough black maybe...lol.

#8476 2 years ago

I jumped in. Don't expect to win, because I have this strange history of any raffle I enter I only win cutting boards (seriously), but it's for a good cause!

#8478 2 years ago

I dunno, is it fair Ben is flaunting that he's playing the game before having to buy it?

kidding.

#8495 2 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

I'm going to test your theory next release. Dusting off my old US Robotics 14.4 as we speak. Was quite the speed demon way back when.

Man..my first introduction to the internet was a 300baud talking over an 80 column printer to someone in germany. I just remember as cool as it was, it was a ton of wasted paper lol. I honestly don't recall WHY they were doing it over a printer, as i know the computer had a monitor.

#8498 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Oh yeah, it was amazing as a kid each time we'd get to jump to a better speed. Never did 300bps much, had a joystick-port modem for Atari 800 but nowhere to connect. Got a PC and a 2400bps and started using it for BBSs and ARRH MATEY. Going to 9600 literally quadrupled the speed we could AVAST YE SCURVY SCUM. Buddy got a 14.4 but I waited for the big jump to 28.8. Unfortunately they hit the wall with analog over copper and our PREPARE TO BE BOARDED activities slowed down significantly til DSL was a thing.

Ah man....Atari 800. Loved that thing. The town I lived in was long distance to everywhere so I was never allowed to get a modem for it

#8499 2 years ago

Spooky's new theme. Spooky's Online Nightmare. Make your way through the evolution of tech and the internet. Complete with Steve Jobs and Bill Gates bash toys.

#8504 2 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

Old-school computing talk with metallik will extend this thread pages! Let me know when you guys get up the 1040ST or A500.

Mine is a little disjointed. I went from the Atari 800 to a P133 with a 28.8....not really anything in between. Talk about mind blown.

#8512 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

BC quest for tires. Best game ever in the Atari.

For me it was Star Raiders. And...some game I can't recall...zookeeper and a monkey kind of like Q-Bert (edit: Flip and Flop).

#8547 2 years ago
Quoted from Sixtieskid:

The question is what number did Spook open up orders on that day. 2 days before launch, I bought a t-shirt from Spook and my order number was 11069. When I placed my Halloween order , my order number was 11792. 2 weeks ago, I ordered an Alice Cooper and my order number was 10571.

Yea we learned during R&M that order numbers were not exactly a good indication.

#8555 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

I never had the same love for Predator as I did the Alien franchise but call outs in the first movie would be enough for me to buy Predator..lol

Same, but still love the first (and actually the 2nd too) and would love a decent Predator pin.

#8556 2 years ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

I believe someone ordered a fang membership late the night before and it was 11286 or so.
So, figuring it probably started about 11300.

The wrench is the distros. Until you have all that info, 12-18 months is quite a spread.

#8602 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Could this be SCOOBY DOO'S TAIL?
OK, I think I've trolled that enough. Take solace in the fact that the message that ya'll want Scooby-Doo has been received LOUD & CLEAR.
[quoted image]

Evil Dead first!

#8613 2 years ago

Prediction AOD/Scooby dual theme layout

#8620 2 years ago

Jokes on us, after the HWN/ULT runs are done, Spooky is changing to Pachinko games. Ultraman was just a foot in the door.

#8630 2 years ago

Growth and reliance on growth is what kills customer orientation. When the world can be happy just turning a profit and staying in business, the world will be a better place. Thinking you NEED to grow to stay in business is a bullshit mentality that causes more problems and the main reason for good companies turning into greedy shit companies.

Quoted from iceman44:

What is going to pull the next 2500 pin launch?
Because that is the natural growth pattern of Spooky.
You can’t get better and do more without growth. Adding people, process etc
Looks like another double release. Scooby and Evil Dead same layout

#8632 2 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:I still really like the idea of a Rocky Horror Picture Show theme. I was actually a little disappointed when it wasn't true.

Tenacious D / RHPS pin

#8639 2 years ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

Scooby? I thought you guys were kidding. But you're serious? Wtf? Scooby? Geez-us.

Boomer boomer boooo!

#8654 2 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

I’m guessing after selling out Rick and Morty and Halloween, Spooky may have gone away from music pins for a while.

Hope so.

It's awesome they are doing themes that are fringe/niche.

#8735 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

No shit chuck , but you never see plastic protectors break but the plastic's that break .
I've always thought , why not make plastics out of flexible plastic , like Tupperware you see , which could take a million hits and would never break .

The protectors ARE made of the same material. The reason you don't see them break is putting them on makes the thickness double thus harder to crack. So, really the solution would just be thicker plastics from teh get go, but in doing that you make them much less flexible in hard to reach places (so even more prone to breakage when putting in or taking out.

#8736 2 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

I have always thought plastic protectors are overkill. Especially the way they are installed. To be most effective the plastic protector should be installed under the metal post that secures the plastic star post. Kind of how you are supposed to install fender washers under sling posts. Stern still does this wrong on every game and if you don't change them soonish, the metal washer ends up stuck to the sling plastic and will remove art if you try to remedy it. I firmly believe some sort of protection should be employed and I use clear fender washers in my games and I place them in places where a plastic is prone to break like slings or BSD target bank or Taxi target bank plastic for instance.

Depends on what you are trying to prevent. The art scraping off the bottom is a different issue than what protectors are actually meant for. If you put them below, you might save the art, but now the tops of them are prone to scratching - so you would STILL have to do something about the actual plastics.

The only true solution is to not play your game.

#8739 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I just like how the outline in orange looks on these protectors.

Yeah some of the colored ones look cool when combined with the lighting.

#8748 2 years ago
Quoted from Tiki_Pinball:

I’ve totally had plastic protectors break. They saved the day. That’s what they are there for.

Oh I'm sure it happens, but it is rare.

#8751 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

Because the airplane has to remain airborne..?
Are pinball machines designed to fly now? That'd be an interesting feature, but I worry about excessive tilt warnings.

Might be nice if they were a touch lighter...

#8772 2 years ago

Here's hoping Ben's game is Evil Dead (I just call it ED and it is assumed it means everything).

#8798 2 years ago

Man you people are still talking about Halloween? That was so last week. What's the next project??

#8802 2 years ago
Quoted from Nightmare:

Forgive me ahead of time but how can this game go on sale to the public if it's already sold out?

They sell your spots for higher prices. BOOM!

#8848 2 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

What I’m surprised at is that there are only 230 votes…now say that’s only half of the pinsiders that bought. That means less than 1/3 of the sales are pinsiders. I know pinside is not all pinballers by any means, but it shows that there are a lot that aren’t pinsiders.

I rarely vote in polls, I'm sure I'm not the only one.

#8853 2 years ago
Quoted from BWT67:

Agreed. The score for HIII is in a realm of its own.

Really are completely different styles of movies, so really not worth comparing. I do wish they would have stuck to that idea though, they probably wouldn't have been any worse than many of the later sequels.

#9037 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

NES games? How about DUCK TALES!
Charlie thinks I'm nuts. Well everyone thought Ultraman was nuts - TOUCHE!

I have a hard time believing ANY theme wouldn't sell 500 in this market. We could...well point to RAZA as maybe a counter to that, or even PB Alien, but those both had their own baggage to deal with when announced.

Hell half the people who bought Ultraman didn't even know what it was. They bought it on looks alone. Others bought it because 'rarity'. No one cares about gameplay anymore, just how much they can get out of it when they sell it...lol.

#9038 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Pinball machines based upon video games are a terrible idea. It's been tried in the past and they've always sucked donkey ass.
You people should know better!

Based isn't the reason. Implementation is the reason. Same as movies. There are good ways to do it, and there are bad. Somehow, they always chose the bad way.

#9056 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It's almost as if video games themes just don't seem to lend themselves too well to pinball?

If i had to guess it has more to do with the people tasked with designing such games are not fans and have few ideas because of that. Keep in mind the age frames at the time those games came out. They are more 'our' (more likely mine than yours as I think you are younger than me) age range than the people designing at the time.

There are plenty of non-videogame licensed pinballs that suck. I think it all has very little to do with source material and very much on whoever is tasked with designing and their grasp or love of the source material. That doesn't mean some themes aren't more suited to pinball than others though. But video games are task oriented, just like video games. It should translate just fine when done right.

#9062 2 years ago
Quoted from BWT67:

Red Pinballs...if thats possible?

Very much a thing and surprising no one has ever done anything since TZ powerball...

#9066 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

How about an original theme? No license to pay....more toys....

Hah...while I agree with your sentiment, unfortunately, people are stupid and don't care for originality, no matter how much they claim to be bored with the same ol same ol.

#9071 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I'm not sure that's true. I think those picking original themes just seem to be a bit out of touch: Dialed In? Octoberfest? I'll be honest, I don't hate the theme of Retro Atomic Zombie Adventureland. I don't think it was the theme that doomed that game. Spooky also already had success with Total Nuclear Annihilation.

yeah, you could be right, but I would be surprised if you see Spooky release any original games in the future. As for RAZA, yeah, didn't hate it, the company killed that one, but I can't help but think if it had been a popular licensed theme, they would have suckered way more people into it.

#9080 2 years ago

Okay Spooky. Bruce Campbell just confirmed he's willing to do Ash voice work, just doesn't want to live action Ash due to age.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/bruce-campbell-announces-return-evil-160000946.html

"You previously announced that you've retired from playing Ash onscreen. So you won't be appearing in it?"

Bruce: "I won't be appearing in it, no. I will be in the upcoming Evil Dead game, which I think is due for February 2022. I just finished the voice for that. The nice thing is, your voice doesn't age as much as your body, so I can milk that for a few more years. "

Get on it

#9092 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

The Legend of Zelda would without a doubt be the best selling of the video game licenses. So much material to work with: collect rupees, bash Bokoblins, explore dungeons, restore the Triforce, defeat Ganon, and save the princess.

MM retheme would be appropriate.

#9109 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Is that an episode of Scooby Doo?

scoobydead (resized).JPGscoobydead (resized).JPG

scoobydead2 (resized).JPGscoobydead2 (resized).JPG
#9144 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I thought TNA looked cool, but I wasn’t gonna take that gamble. Then I played it on location & fell in love. Bought a used one from a friend.

Thing is, this is what every home owner should be doing, but we've turned into the gotta have it now people. Look at the CGC thread, people actually complaining and the sky is falling because they haven't announced anything recently. Insanity.

Companies are using this to their advantage. Thing is, it cannot last forever. It's already lasted longer than one would have thought.

#9147 2 years ago

The point I think people are tryign to make is, operators are not the primary consumers now. It is home users. Operators buy almost everything that comes out. Home users have to pick and choose. Factories do not want the 'wait and see' approach. They are taking major advantage of the current FOMO to get people to hand over the money before they have much info on the game.

This is EXACTLY why DR, and other failed projects have been able to take advantage of people.

#9186 2 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

When do we turn our attention to the NEXT next Spooky game(s)? Ultraman and Halloween have their own threads now.
Well, I do get that they are still "next" right now, and that their concurrent release is a special thing. Carry on!
Just want to get the Beetlejuice hype started back up, I guess.

We already did that 2-3 pages ago or more. Halloween and Ultraman are old and janky. We are looking for new and tasty.

#9189 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Stern’s a trusted and well respected brand. What sells more? “Gary Stern’s Paranormal Peril” or Ghostbusters? “Metalhead Gary & The Headbangers” or AC/DC?

Neither. I won't buy a Stern without playing it first...actually 90% of games I would not buy without first playing, let alone not seeing anything other than artwork. This isn't the era of a shortage of pinball, and I certainly don't need to brag about being 'first'.

Point being, we are morons for buying games like this sight unseen at these prices. I tend to prefer original themes over licensed themes. While Spooky knocked it out of the park with R&M - it could have easily went the other way, and each license is going to be different. Expectations are high these new games will knock it out of the park as well. But what if.....guarantee a bunch of these pop up for sale after gameplay/code reveals with people who don't like the direction.

However, I also take into account location. Moving games in this area is harder than Cali or New York. I don't want to hassle with a game I may not like.

#9221 2 years ago

While you wait for your Halloween.

If you aren't interested in heavy music this probably isn't for you. If you are though, The Silver Scream is an excellent album for horror fans. This particular song is about the first Halloween movie.

#9230 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

If that is heavy then wtf is this? Here’s another song about stabbing...

Great too, but heavy is...well subjective. I would imagine anyone stuck on 80's hair metal or top 40 pop isn't going to like either one. One of their songs does venture into death metal territory briefly. They are all over the map music wise. As it should be.

Also, if you hate on different genres of metal, you aren't a music fan. But that's a different topic.

This is my current favorite newer album.....which is actually a remake of a really old album...those bastards.

#9242 2 years ago

Do we think Spooky will release TNA 2.0 before announcing any other games?

Do we think they are going to release more info on HWN/UMN before announcing TNA2.0?

#9254 2 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Why do all of the anti-horror people feel the need to constantly bash the Halloween theme? I have yet to see any of the people in the Halloween threads bashing Ultraman. People have different tastes and there are at least as many people who liked the Halloween theme as R&M or Ultraman. If you don't like horror, there are plenty of other manufacturers making games for you.

Because even the old fogies haven't escaped the 'me me me it's all about me' apocalypse.

Speaking of which, have I told you about me lately?

#9294 2 years ago

Yep...for you newbies. It's best to just chill and find a hobby and not think about it or worry about it. Occasionally check the threads for who's getting their games and #'s, and just let it go. Don't fret. Just be patient. Don't freak if the date you have in your head isn't met. Especially if things get bad again. You'll get your game...eventually. Those at the back of the line, the hype will be long gone by the time you get yours as everyone will have moved on to the next new and shiny.

#9298 2 years ago
Quoted from stf_dnx:

Has anyone heard of pinballstar? I got the paypal receipt immediately, but nothing else so far

He posts here regularly. He's on it.

#9306 2 years ago

I still think they missed the mark on not keeping the top tier the BSE.

#9332 2 years ago

Marking this for in 10 months...

#9336 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Us Aussie and Kiwi collectors are so used to waiting stupid amounts of time on EVERY game, Spooky or not. Sometimes you forget you’ve ordered a game and get a pleasant surprise when your Distributor calls you to say it’s arrived.

That's the only way to do it and stay sane. The only real issues is hoping no one releases a game you really want in the mean time.

#9374 2 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

We've all heard about TNA 2.0, but what about AMH 2.0? [quoted image]

The mod set up he created is quite impressive.

#9386 2 years ago

I just want to make a comment around Spooky storefront issues to level set peoples expectations.

I just tried to order a Steam Deck. Much larger company with a long standing storefront, brought to its knees in the first minute of sales.

It's just how the internet works. I still don't know if I got one even though it says transaction pending.

#9436 2 years ago
Quoted from Mitoska:

I have to say I'm a bit disappointed. Spooky posted everyday or multiple times a day leading up to the release..then pretty much radio silent since sale day. It's been 14 days since purchase and nothing.. I'm definitely less excited about my game then I was 2 weeks ago

that's how hype and FOMO works...

They are most likely buying lambo's and sipping drinks in mexico with all your down payments.

#9528 2 years ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

Kenada's pinball podcast #600
Spooky interview. They answer your question.

I simply am not interested in watching or hearing about this podcast...or any podcast for that matter.

#9611 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I have the perfect next band theme for Spooky that I hadn’t thought of before… Nine Inch Nails.
The Pretty Hate Machine album would be great for a machine in and of itself.

They could just play the entire Happiness in Slavery video as its own mode, for all the horror fans.

#9662 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

You are such a ballbuster...
I think it's funny, I'll get back to you... lol
Why is everyone left handed ?

as it should be.

#9690 2 years ago
Quoted from pldubya43:

Who has experience with the Butter Cabinet? I want to know if it's worth the investment.

No. At least not if you are thinking of it as an 'investment'.

#9710 2 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Completely disagree on this one.
The Butter Cabinet will be about the only option that sets a CE apart on these machines. Besides. It's amazing. Like furniture instead of a pinball cabinet.
Unless you know your machine will always be buried in a lineup and not occasionally on the end or standing alone, it is an option to consider.

Still not worth it as an investment. I'm just considering his words, because resale of it isn't that sought after and MOST people do line their games up side by side to maximize space. If you want it to look pretty, sure get it, but 'worth it'? That's highly dependent on the person, and their plans for it. Don't buy it thinking it is going to increase the resale value. You are more likely to lose money on that add-on.

#9711 2 years ago

wrong thread somehow.

#9736 2 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

I'm curious... Day one, they were breaking the internet collecting sales, and now, a couple of distros are sitting on stock for days.
What gives???

That's normal. Doubles, people backing out, etc. I think lots of people like me waiting to see some actual gameplay footage before deciding. It's a 12 month wait anyway. Just wait another 6-10 months and there will be others trying to get rid of their spots. Lots of people in this hobby are impatient, and a lot can change in ones life in a year.

#9738 2 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Yes, but we all started throwing money at our screen on day one without seeing anything, so what has changed?
If people were complaining they missed out, why aren't they scooping these up?

Most of the people who wanted one have already scooped one up. There are probably some out there that don't realize there are any there. Nothing has changed. This happened to a smaller extent with the R&M release as well. The rest of my statement also plays into it. If they ahve to wait 12-18 months to get it, they are probably less likely to jump on it knowing that. I know with R&M waiting a year and watching ones come up for sale long before yours was made is kind of annoying when you can just buy one off the market at cost. (not talking about spot sellers) Lots more of these games, they will come up for sale.

#9793 2 years ago

Speaking of a distraction. That cab is a beauty. I wouldn't mind having just the cabinet art as a wall hanging.

ult (resized).JPGult (resized).JPG
#9835 2 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

to change topics a bit .
The playfield pic of Ultraman around the loop has me worried about the switch activating , due to the wide gap .
Maybe Spooky Luke can say "it's all good" and it's been tested .[quoted image]

Exactly what I was thinking as well. Same issue as on R&M. Was also trying to determine where exactly the orbits are supposed to sit, but I don't see anything that is clearly a marker.

#9838 2 years ago

One thing that also contributed to the R&M switch issues is the thinner pf and the wires sticking up too far which made them wobbly - so if the ball did get too far to one side, it would push past it rather than over it. Lowering these hoops does help, so maybe that is what they've done here, but hard to tell.

I hope they have taken these things into account because non working switches are a pita, and those MR's are quite expensive and should not be necessary.

#9843 2 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

I only recently heard about the thinner playfield used on R&M and the issues it caused. Is it confirmed that these new games are also using a thinner playfield? What's the reason for that?

Yes. It was part of the new bushing fix that these would continue with the same pf's. There is really nothing wrong with the pf's themselves, they are great. However, standard parts need to be adjusted because of it in some cases.

#9846 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I noticed that as well. Figured they'd tested it before they routed a bunch of playfields. Hopefully the ball doesn't hop off a chicklet target and go over it or anything fruity like that.
I can't tell if it's just wonky perspective or what.

It definitely does not appear to be centered there, which could be an issue.

#9850 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:It doesn’t look like there’s an issue, from the gameplay footage…

Could be the reason for delay. You know they know we will jump on it if we see it happen lol.

#9854 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I mean...that's great and all, but it seems like shooting yourself in the foot to have to go to completely non-standard parts (because you're saying that while standard ones will work, it's not optimal), or have to adjust everything put on the playfield, to save 25 or 50 bucks a playfield. Would really love to hear them talk about this one....anyone know if they did previously? I didn't follow any of the R&M stuff.

I'm not sure they ever really stated why they were thinner, but the consensus has been that they hold up much better than some of the other vendors pf's.

I think the biggest annoyance though is the smaller screws needed in certain spots. I mean...they almost seem too short to really bite into it and hold things, but overall it's held up well on that front.

#9861 2 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Personally, I find that disappointing to hear. This standard exists for a reason. What is this, a home pin? It seems like a weird way to cut costs on a $9k pin. Since buying in, I also learned that the new mpu/driver board is mounted directly under the playfield. That sounds like something that's good for cutting production time, but bad in every other way. Is what it is at this point, though.

Good and bad I suppose. I personally have no qualms with it. 90% of things work fine out of the box. However, as mentioned some of the most important pieces do need adjusted (aka flippers). They have a working fix so no issue there.

The driver thing...yeah, that's new, and I am curious how a sub being right there, a shaker right there, and all the coils being right there might impact boards over time. Even with some rubber dampeners (which...remains to be seen if they are used, they don't seem to be used on any other boards) it would still catch all the vibrations. That being said...there have been boards under pf's for decades. Boards have come a long way since then though.

#9869 2 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Did Spooky state they were sticking with the thinner pf on Halloween and UKR, I hadn't heard that?

I'm not 100% sure, but I believe it had been stated in some manner that it was the same pf's. At this point they have a good product, no point back tracking.

#9877 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:Just for anyone that ends up doing this for any of their other games, reed switches are what he's talking about, I think. On a thinner playfield they should work even better than on a standard one since they're closer to the ball.

Actually..I'm finding that to be...not the case. My ball actually gets hung up on it occasionally. I'm going to need to shim one a bit.

#9881 2 years ago
Quoted from Gambeno:

Who cares about pf thickness! I'll be happy with a PF that doesn't dimple and I don't have to install 30 washers on it. I'm okay with losing .1 inch for that trade off.

Well...the point is, you DO have to install washers (or equivalent idea of one)...just not for the same reason. Try doing some research as to why it's being talked about before dismissing it. But as stated repeatedly, the pf itself is solid.

#9883 2 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

I've said it before there is a big opportunity that Stern, JJP, Deeproot, and American Pinball are missing out on.
Going put it right here as I have a feeling Pinball as we know it is about to go thru a big disruption. This idea
isn't new but I just don't hear people talking about this much in the general pinball community for a couple reasons.
However with Ben Heck's DIY background and Spooky's backstory. I think there is a big opportunity for you.
OPEN UP THE SOURCE CODE to an extent. Let the home owners, tweak the rules - invite them to fix the code when it breaks.
Invite them to propose an idea and show you there work.
Give us a machine we can get into the guts a bit more. I want mod the game in a way that makes it unique and share
that with others. "Doesn't mean it has to make it into the public tournament or location play" but I'd love to be able
to modify some minor aspects . Hell possibly add a cool mod that piggybacks off a event triggered by the CPU.
This is my biggest want from a manufacturer. That and some of the rumor "Online" disruption that is going to hit this
industry like a Kaiju at an all you can eat city buffet.

This might be an option on an original license, but the problems come with licensed ones and having lots of different 'pirate' versions out there using unapproved assets etc. I totally agree with you, but that's a major reason it won't happen.

#9912 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:Oh, the magnet is too strong since it's thinner, then? That's interesting. Didn't think the magnets in reeds were that strong. o_o

Not sure. I haven't looked at it yet to see what the cause is. Hadn't actually considered it might be the magnet strength.

#9915 2 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

I think this is at least part of the reason the MRS needs to be installed with the magnet at the top, as advised by Matt.
If it is at the bottom of the switch slot, the bump that is the end of the slot makes it more likely that the magnet will be able to capture it.
Mine have never held a ball, I guess partly helped by having a playfield protector installed (adds 0.7mm). But also magnets are all at the top of the slot.
I have 3; spinner, right orbit, and switchback.

I couldn't quite tell if there was any angle to it when installing it, but they are at the top of the slot. In this case the only one I've seen it happen on the far right one. My pf is at ~6.9 so it isn't flat...also the ball isn't getting stuck at the top of the slot, it's at the bottom. Again though I haven't taken the time to dig into it as a little bump and it comes off.

#9938 2 years ago
Quoted from spooky_dj:I'm not savvy to decisions behind pf thickness (that was decided waaay before I joined spooky), but I can confirm that the control board (Pinotaur) is mounted to the underside of the playfield, and it does consist primarily of surface mount parts. That being said, I am doing a LOT of work in the electronic hardware realm to make sure any any problems you might encounter are cheap and quick to remedy. While we are not the OEM of the Pinotaur boards (we buy directly from the designer/OEM), we will support troubleshooting and repairs as best we can, and even reach out to the OEM if we must. We have done *LOTS* of testing, (effectively years) and have found that even mounting the boards under the playfield, vibration is not an issue whatsoever. I do have experience in the automotive electronics industry as well; in general, surface mount is largely unaffected by vibration, though you do want to make sure your PCBs don't resonate under any vibrational frequencies you expect to encounter.
Honestly, I think a lot of people who are put off by the idea of repairing surface mount electronics would actually find it pretty easy with a little practice! It's really not terribly different from through hole. Regardless, I am making progress toward ensuring that what comes out of Spooky is as repair-friendly as we can make it. Whether or not it was a concern before, it's one of my concerns now, and hopefully you'll notice improvements in that regard as we move forward!

For me, other than that they are really really small parts, it can be a pain to find out what the part # to replace it with even is. And far as I know, Spooky doesn't hand out schematics

#9944 2 years ago

also, just the fact that you have to lock down assets would severely hinder what people could do. I really hate how IP and copyright is implemented. It's draconian and why so few give a shit about it.

#9947 2 years ago
Quoted from KSP1138:

Maybe make it so the official assets are encrypted, but allow the option to replace them with non-encrypted "user-created" versions? That might get around the legal part of it for things like custom call outs and music that were done specifically for the game.

There are probably ways, but ultimately too much of a hassle and liability unless the IP holders don't care about what is done.

#9948 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Ready to really have your mind blown?
A 1.063" diameter pinball... Is actually 27mm![quoted image]

but is it standard between companies?

#10030 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

That was a horrible reveal. Ultraman videos I saw looked much better and I wish I would have ordered one, and those videos were done by amateurs.
Really disappointed with this. Couldn’t get a feel for the game at all. So far not impressed. The topper didn’t move either. I hope better videos come out and showcase the game better.

If it's like R&M it only comes on with specfic times of the game.

#10098 2 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Still no gameplay what is going on? They already took the games to shows too very odd

Anticipa

tion?

#10216 2 years ago

Still liking UM better overall. HWN integration just isn't clicking with me. Maybe it's not coded yet but the multiballs need more frantic music...as it was, there was no music at all during one of them.

2 months later
#10381 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

They should make a series of games that can become a set/collection within a lineup it adds to the FOMO.
It was like Heighway when they where around why follow up Alien with Queen? You follow up Alien with Predator!
I would love to see Spooky roll out a Friday 13th, Nightmare on Elm, Hellraiser, Scream, SAW, aslong as they shoot good I would buy them all to have a horror lineup.

The way prices are going by the time you got to the last of the series it'd be 50k for the SE.

5 months later
#10677 2 years ago

Phantasmogoria. Campy, cringy, and would work similar to some of the modes in R&M.

#10679 2 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Is that a magazine or a show? That's my band name, and avatar logo. Well, we spell it different, Fantazmagory

It's an old 90's fmv horror video game. I'd say look at a trailer, but I see that the trailers really suck and don't show off why I think it would make a good pinball game. It was quite the debacle at the time.

#10691 2 years ago

I can't believe in this entire thread no one has mentioned Evil Dead. Would make a great pin.

#10698 2 years ago

They aren't goign to announce anything yet they still have a long ways to finish what they are working on.

#10721 2 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Jackass would translate perfectly to pinball. Collect shots to collect cast members or something and maybe get rewarded with a clip featuring them. Would need a Wee Man upper playfield that was Stewie pinball sized hah

On this note...Action Park might make an interesting theme for a pin. Make it around avoiding injuries/lawsuits on the rides.

#10729 1 year ago

I can hear 1000's of wallets weeping already.

Also, I'm not sure why people are thinking it will be limited to 1 movie or another...I would assume it would just be based on the ED universe in general.

#10733 1 year ago

Steamboat Willy confirmed!

#10737 1 year ago

One criticism I will say is that the next game needs to be further along code wise on release than HWN/UMN. We are pretty much rolling the dice on how a game will be based on theme alone. Even if the layout is amazing it will only go so far if the code isn't up to par.

#10746 1 year ago

They were okay..but definitely not the standard of others in their class. Let there be carnage was a huge letdown.

#10763 1 year ago
Quoted from rdonohue13:

I may be the only one but I disagree with this wholeheartedly. I don’t have a problem with the way Spooky has rolled out their last two games. Both with Rick and Morty as well as Halloween they rolled the early games out and have continued to work hard on the code as the games continue to roll out and they listen to the owners suggestions and make tweaks and rule changes based on feedback. If people would rather wait and see get a higher number and wait a bit. I know a couple of early owners who have made suggestions and wishlists and their stuff has made it into the game.
I’m completely fine with how they have released their bones for the rule set but keep tweaking and updating and adding. Two things I can think of when it comes to pinball manufacturers one is nothing I have ever seen has completed code and two nobody listens to their consumers like Spooky.

Eh, I understand what you are saying, but it's a practice I just completely disagree with. It's not just pinball though. It's a bad habit that the internet made pretty prolific. I am one who doesn't like to be a beta tester. I got a halfway thru the run R&M and was happy with it, but I wouldn't have been happy with something earlier. These aren't $50 video games. They are now $10k toys and there is an expectation of quality and completeness. This by no means is something that is a Spooky specific complaint, but because they listen it is something they may be willing to improve upon.

#10769 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

That's like saying a broken car works as long as you're going down hill.
It's a clunky layout that needs a lot of minor adjustments to make it shoot "fine". I don't think that's a controversial opinion. It's cool if some people like it, but it isn't some great shooting game and it does hurt the overall enjoyment level.

They layout was never the issue. The issues were build specification issues. Thus all the tinkering. Shots are tighter than Sterns for sure, but that's a whole other discussion. The game itself plays fine once the build issues are worked out.

#10771 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

If a layout has to be so precisely built and tweaked, it's not a very good design
It's like the subway on Halloween/Ultraman needing to be perfectly pitched and level to mostly work. It's a poor design.

Agree to disagree on this. I'm not saying that having to tinker is a good thing, but this goes into my "it's another discussion" comment regarding Stern and their uber wide shots.

#10781 1 year ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

ED/ED2/AOD with a wormhole shot that transports the player into the different era movies with their own vibes, rules, and digital content. 1 cool interactive toy representing each movie.

R&M 2.0 lol

seriously not a bad idea though.

#10784 1 year ago
Quoted from ataritoday:

R&M 2.0. I’d be in on one in a heartbeat, Expand the code so 1.0 owners get a free upgrade as well. I know very unlikely, but the market prices definitely show the demand is there.
I’m in on a TNA 2.0 when they become available. Really cool game.

Well my comment was because what he suggested is basically R&M's main feature.

#10805 1 year ago

Mr. Bungle or Green Jello(y)

#10815 1 year ago

Here you go Scooby fans....Riverdale style. Honestly isn't bad for a crowdsourced fan series.

#10818 1 year ago
Quoted from benheck:

Played the new Spooky game "Bible Adventures Mana Truck Adventureland" yesterday, it's pretty cool!
Not sure what people are gonna think about all the dildos on the artwork. 3-4 might have been OK, 15 is pushing it...

CANCELLED!

#10822 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Not sure that contains even a single word or phrase that would get you “canceled” but ok

Wear theirs a willow theirs a weigh.

1 month later
#10874 1 year ago

Spooky gave us Scary Terry. Close enough!

#10878 1 year ago

I think we've found that after Evil Dead is made, Scooby should be next.

#10885 1 year ago
Quoted from big-c66:

Yes now we’re talking. SPOOKY ARE YOU LISTENING DO SCOOBY DOO N WATCH IT BLOW SALES OUT THE DOOR.

What is more than sold out in minutes/hours already?

#10893 1 year ago

After the TS4 debacle they are going to just do a Scrappy Doo pin. It just makes sense!

#10895 1 year ago
Quoted from finnflash:

What debacle? I played a TS4 for the first time yesterday, and the flipper would stay up until you hit the other flipper.

In regards to it being based on TS4 instead of TS1-3...and comparatively Scooby Doo versus Scrappy Doo (specific).

#10911 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I really hope not. If it’s Scooby Doo and dream theme of mine ( Evil Dead 2 / They Live ) I’m gonna have a serious dilemma and I’m definitely not buying both.

I feel if Spooky did this it would do them a great disservice and cost them potential sales. Simply because both of those themes would carry themselves.

#10915 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

What if they did 1500 Scooby Doo and then did 1500 Evil Dead 2 as the next game right after that with unique layouts? That’s more games sold, more money to be made. Imagine they only do 500 Scooby and 1200 Evil Dead (like HWN/Um) People would be scrambling to buy the Uber limited Scooby and the code would suffer as they have would have a higher obligation to Evil Dead buyers. Imagine the absolute meltdowns you would read on pinside about that?
Spooky just does not have a programming team large enough to release two games at once and make every one happy in a timely manner. I mean, we’re watching this in real time. I bet Charlie is working on one game (Scooby) and it’ll come out after TNA 2.0. I cannot imagine that they would go through the headache and stress of coding AND manufacturing two games at once. It’s insanity. I cant believe they’ve managed this far.

I think we are saying the same thing, which is we do not want Scooby and Evil Dead to share a layout, or be released at the same time. They are both major licenses that deserve full attention. I believe HWN was the same way, but I have not played either so I can't speak to if anything has suffered due to 2 different games or not.

#10930 1 year ago
Quoted from benheck:

It's Trailer Park Boys

I'd be in.

1 week later
#10942 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I’m hearing that the next Spooky will be a dual release again and it will be Scooby Doo and Evil Dead. This has me in utter distress as these are two dream themes of mine and I will not buy two games with the same layout. Personally im leaning Evil Dead but I have a location and my guests are gonna really want Scooby. If they do an equal number of games I’ll buy Scooby and trade it for Evil Dead down the line. If Evil Dead is limited to 500 I’m gonna have a real dilemma on my hands.

It's too bad that reversing a PF would cost 2x as much. Make one game left oriented, the other right oriented. I really hope that what you say above is not true though. :/

#10945 1 year ago
Quoted from big-c66:

More I think about it they need to do just one. Unless if they make two completely different games different play fields everything. Scooby Doo has so much material n content it should have its on layout design. I hope Spooky really puts their thinking caps on with Scooby doo because it good be one of the best pins ever.

Agreed here. If they really are going to do a dual release again, I think it best they do it like they did this time where one is a big one, the other is a more niche one. Both SD and ED are big, and could sell out their own primary allotments no issue as different games.

I am really not clear on how the coding of the dual games is being done, but if not already, it also seems you would want dedicated coders for each individual game for those two licenses.

That being said, I have faith in Spooky.

#10950 1 year ago

But, if Scott isn't currently on a project doesn't that mean TNA isn't next? (2.0?) or are you referring to a re-release of original?

3 weeks later
#11007 1 year ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Well, doing a sequel to a big hit with the original team is always a great idea for numerous reasons…
R&M is still smoking hot and they have a great relationship with the IP holder. I’m sure the original team has come up with a ton of ideas of what they would do and cool call outs and things they wish they recorded previously.

The IP holder changed somewhere along the run and big idea plans changed or got dropped....so I'm not sure that's as much of an option as people think...but who knows.

#11031 1 year ago

Ohhhh booiii ATHF is back. Next Spooky Pin??

#11035 1 year ago
Quoted from BasementFacts:

Yet you have Rick for an avatar? ATHF predates R&M by 13 years.

Well...I mean R&M is way more known, even though ATHF actually had a theater released film.

#11039 1 year ago

This is still the best movie intro ever.

2 weeks later
#11062 1 year ago

That movie did not age well. Perhaps nostalgia is a real thing.

#11064 1 year ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

??? Omega Man is great. It's based on a novel that has been made into a movie adaptation at least 4+ times over the decades, so apparently some people think it's a good story.

I didn't say it wasn't a good story. I said that movie didn't age well. I never saw it as a child, but my father in law raved about it, so I watched it. Didn't hold up. Granted, I don't think the Will Smith adaptation is great either.

Can't like em all I guess.

#11081 1 year ago

We all know the next game is The Hills Have Pinballs.

#11091 1 year ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

Must be because I’m not registered with google. I have no interest in creating a google account. I’d really like to see your list, Please take a screen shot and post it.

I think...this went over your head.

#11093 1 year ago

I think that's the joke.

#11124 1 year ago

Well now....for all you Killer Klown fans....this seemingly came out of nowhere!

#11170 1 year ago

So does this mean another announcement early next year?

#11172 1 year ago

That price though...I get things are tough these days, but this is unlicensed and a rerun. If this is 9k, then whatever is coming next is likely way more than that. I guess I'm priced out of anything new in the future.

#11204 1 year ago

The dude is a muckraker, why promote that here? I agree that I think this is a high price, and I think most of us know the FOMO model has worked well for them, but the rest is...whatever.

#11209 1 year ago

Don't care about the cutting distros. It's 250 games. Least of any of the concerns. Would you hold the same attitude buying anything else from a distro vs direct? Most likely not. It's an outdated supply chain middle man. Unless you are an operator, most people don't need distros.

#11212 1 year ago

My experience has been completely different. Any issues I've had I've worked directly with the manufacturer and they took care of me. Granted, I haven't bought a NiB Stern or JJP so maybe there's a difference there, but I had no issues working with Spooky, CGC, or PB for that matter. But my experience with some distros has been less than stellar. In the long run if the manufacturer isn't going to make things right, even with a distro (as we've seen with many JJP instances) it rarely is going to happen.

Point is though, the whole distro thing as a 'boycott' is...<edited as everyone is entitled to their opinion> strange to be frank. That's nothing to be mad over as a consumer. The non-refundable deposit? That's something to be mad about. OMG they missed 250 games...the world is ending. You see what I'm getting at here?

#11219 1 year ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Well, if you ever have a problem with Stern games, good luck getting support without your distributor playing middle man. I'm glad I have that safety net.

To clarfiy, he was pro distro. I mentioned later I had not dealt with Stern/JJP so can't speak to those.

#11287 1 year ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Prices are high, but that’s mainly the economy we are in…been to the gas station or grocery store lately. Yes, this will have an impact on the next game I think. If this proves too high, expect pins to start to look less as well (less mechs, less sculpts, less powder coat, less animations, less graphics, less art…more shrinky-dink looking plastics). Not sure what pinball CEO/execs drive, but I bet it’s not a Ferrari, and they aren’t living in mansions…well, not sure about Gary Stern…but that’s on another level. We will all just have to see. I wish the whole industry luck, what a crappy economy. It’s going so well, don’t want it to go back to 10-15 years ago. I’m sure all pinball companies are watching this…hopefully home pin level pins don’t become the norm.

I think many of us understand the situation, but it doesn't change the perception or the thought process behind the complaints. Does this mean all games in the future are going to be 9k+?. If the economy is so bad, what makes you think there's that many people soon who can or will buy them at those prices? I know they exist 'today', but they are still the minority. If half your consumers are priced out, then what? Close up shop? Most people might bite the bullet on their all time dream theme, but they aren't going to throw that kind of cash around on just any game. I know we're getting close to 'bubble' talk, but that's not really what I'm suggesting. If 'economy' is the problem for manufacturers, then it is also going to be a problem for the people expected to pay those prices.

#11288 1 year ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Dougy buddy! You’ve come to your senses about boutique pinball makers, finally!! You’re on the money with all your comments about Spooky games. Prices are falling off a cliff for their offerings and should, as they are making empty, poorly shooting games. FOMO is not going to work any longer for them. They’ve burned us too many times now. $9k plus tax and shipping put TNA over $10k for an empty game? Who in their right mind will pay that? Used TNAs are going to sell at far lower pricing now that people know any time Spooky needs to fill the gap, they’ll dust off TNA and sell some more. Same strategy JJP has used countless times with WOZ. But WOZ is loaded and TNA is the most empty game made in the modern era.
You’re so right about FOMO trapping suckers into the Spooky web. But understand they need to do TNA, since HWN/UM has had so many of us just walk away from our deposits, so they’ve wrapped up production early. Not ready to make the next title yet. When will we ever learn, as Spooky took all of us to the cleaners on HWN/UM. Spooky needs to invest in real designers that know pinball, not this basement rookie stuff they call layouts. The layout is the most important part of any game. If we’re all honest, no Spooky layout shoots well, except maybe ACNC, just a little though.

No complaints about TNA or R&M. I did not find ACNC that fun though.

#11296 1 year ago
Quoted from Tyler_Durden:

What happens if you only sell 100, do you even make them? At low that qty with mass complexity, it may be too much trouble to make and support it.
If you want support for something long term make sure there was a large market to begin with.

Haha, well...if they follow the deeproot model of not getting all their preorders, then...nope.

but...I don't see that happening. This is a known game and seemingly fairly popular. There's still a lot of deep pockets out there.

#11311 1 year ago
Quoted from Tyler_Durden:

Mine took 40 days to ship after full payment was completed.
Why would it take that long to ship if it takes a just week to build, I mean something don't add up, yes I did get excuses when I asked, parts missing.
The point is they charged me for the full game without it being complete or even being able to complete it quickly. That's actually illegal in some jurisdictions.

Man whatever you do don't order a PB Alien.

#11321 1 year ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Wishing Spooky all the success, but we cannot bury our heads in the sand as to their pricing debacle. Sure inflation is happening, but their meager offerings BOMs can’t be that much if you start listing each component of a Spooky build. Plain and simply, there is not that much material in most any of their games. Certainly no nicely engineered mechs, so their pricing should be no greater or even lesser than a Stern pro. More in the Stern home pin category for pricing. That is the Spooky niche, the $4k to $6k realm. If they priced their product there, there would be fewer complaints about their product. Put a Spooky pin along side of Jack Dangers Jurassic Park and most people with take JP Home pin over most any Spooky offering. JPHP actually has working engineered mechs in the game.

It does require repeating that comparing Stern to Spooky does still suffer from scale of cost. Stern has numbers usually = lower cost for aquiring parts as well as spreading the cost out across more games.

#11377 1 year ago

Evil Dead BSE for $5k in February. You heard it here first!

#11410 1 year ago
Quoted from BasementFacts:

TNA 2.0 not sold out yet. I guess obsessing over it and getting my order in at 10:01 AM was a fool's errand. But better to be a fool than a poor sap without a TNA.

On the plus side you get it sooner!

#11446 1 year ago

This matching cabinet thing truly has to be about people who really aren't 'really' into pinball. That's not even a purist mentality because cabinet/head sizes have varied over the decades.

#11478 1 year ago

Is this guy some ex Spooky employee with a grudge? Why does he care this much about this game? Some personal investment?

#11485 1 year ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

How about
1) option to put in real name
2) option to add picture of actual self
3) some sort of verification of 1 & 2
4) Key: option to auto-ignore anyone missing those three things
All optional, and see where it goes... I guess it would either take off or it wouldn’t.
I would hope it would, as most pinball people are genuine and friendly.

I wouldn't do it. All that does is hurt the people not doing anything wrong. You'd end up with the assholes stalking people who called them out or disagreed with them. You want that stuff, go to facebook. Only takes one crazy to ruin a good time...and there is more than one crazy around here.

#11491 1 year ago
Quoted from metallik:

haha .. if it ain't selling, it ain't "fairly" priced goes for anything, not just the Medusa.
If it sells within the hour, you probably left money on the table
If it sells after a few days and a bit of negotiation, you got it right.
If it's still sitting after a few weeks, time to rethink the price or just keep it for a while.

Agreed, and in the case of the Medusa...I love that game, but even HEP doesn't make it worth what is being asked. That's one of the misconceptions around here. "But I put XXX into it"....well, good on you. Hope you enjoy it.

#11493 1 year ago

Two Words: Army of Darkness.

#11495 1 year ago
Quoted from benheck:

Unobtainium at the moment.

Please tell me that only applies to AoD and not the entire franchise...

#11500 1 year ago
Quoted from Roberto_tron:

Well if it's not AoD or ED, will it be an original IP? Or a licensed?

Well I don't know what is happening with Scooby at this point, but this really makes it sound like ED is not the next game

#11504 1 year ago

I still think The Last Starfighter would be a good theme. I already kind of designed it and part of the ruleset years ago. Do we have lifesize holograms in pinball yet?

#11510 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

What We Do in the Shadows is an awesome show with some fun lines, but not too sure how it would translate into a game.
That said, I think Matt Berry is hilarious and would do a phenomenal job providing callouts/narration for a game.

I agree Matt Berry would be great for callouts. I would actually put IT Crowd over What We Do in Shadows as a better pinball theme. No idea if either would actually sell, but it'd be entertaining.

#11531 1 year ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Changing anything on TNA would make it no longer …. a TNA.
It is what it is. People wishing it should be something it isn’t should move along and buy something else …
rd

I wish TNA was MM. Does that about cover it?

#11541 1 year ago

Yeah, this is going to be a Bruce Campbell pin, like the Bill Paxton pin. This is why Ben needs to get to coding.

Bruce Campbell Revenge of the Chin Pin

#11561 1 year ago
Quoted from crassmage:

No on:
Evil dead
Killer klowns
Or any other now recently overhyped "b" movie flicks...sleepaway camp you there?
Yes on:
Classic horror(we need a hammer pin Bug)
Texas Chainsaw
Tokyo gore police (please just for me)
Scooby will be a make or break pin if its on the horizon. That license is money and so much content. I love my Halloween. So I see so much potential in this group. I hear they are getting some fresh new talent very soon
Go get em spooky

Evil Dead is hardly 'recently overhyped'. Texas Chainsaw is overrated on many levels and blah.

I'd rather have a Psycho Goreman pin than that, at least it has some personality.

#11568 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I'll take A Link To The Past. I do like the original, but I just love the looks of the SNES. Plus you get the Dark World and Master Sword.

I would actually be in for that. However, I think if you based it on OoT it would sell better, just like I think FF6(3) is a far superior game to FF7, but FF7 is what everyone knows and loves.

#11571 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I don't disagree with anything you've said. Ocarina of Time is super popular. A little overrated in my opinion, but I have fond memories playing it. I actually think the N64, as a whole, is a bit overrated. I actually sold my entire collection at Pinball Expo a few years back. I had the gold system, Conker's Bad Fur Day, Smash Bros, Snowboard Kids, etc. Don't get me wrong, there are still great games, but so many people treat it like it's the best system of all time. Have you played Link's Awakening DX? I think it's probably the most underrated of the Zelda games.
I sold off a good chunk of my gaming collection to get into pinball but I kept this...
[quoted image]

With you there, LttP is my favorite of the series. I never could get into the N64 even though I really tried. I wanted to like OoT and moreso Majora's Mask since it was a darker theme, but it's such a cloogy time for games (PSX/N64) when 3D was..just ugly.

The last Zelda's I ever finished would be the Season of Oracle/Ages set. (And later Link Between Worlds which I think is great too). I started to play Link's Awakening multiple times over the years but for what ever reason never got far into it. I am planning on starting the remake soon though. Honestly though, I would be happy with a generic Zelda themed pin, but which art style would you go with? They all have their own charm.

2 weeks later
#11640 1 year ago
Quoted from Billygrippo:

Stern ain’t got the balls to attempt something like this.

When you say it like that....

So the next pin is Terrifier!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
1 month later
2 weeks later
#11723 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmatic:

Phantasm should be the next pin

That no one ever made one is a major failure. I mean, i get it, you can't have your balls attaching themselves to peoples foreheads and draining their blood, but that's what band-aids are for.

1 week later
#11750 1 year ago
Quoted from Lopa:Ninja turtles isn’t a “kiddie theme” in the sense that it wasn’t marketed for kids, the people that watched it are in their 40s now.
Just like scooby do isn’t going to be marketed for kids, if it is in fact the next spooky game.
My kids are 8 and 11 and they have never seen an episode of either show.

This is my problem. Sure...I liked scooby when I was younger, and yes, I still like the idea of it, but I don't actively watch it. I mostly watch the crossover stuff to see how they handle it - but those are adult themed shows. Scooby IS a kids show, and yes young kids still watch it.

I don't see myself wanting to drop 10k+ on Scooby as a theme as an adult. I want stuff with more edge. I would buy an R&M over again before I'd buy Scooby.

#11769 1 year ago
Quoted from ROMM:

Dude I so agree with you. I'm 49 years old and have no desire for a Scooby-Doo pin. Back when I was younger, TMNT was cool stuff, Scooby-Doo was for the very little kids. I would definitely like to own a TMNT (Stern) machine. To each their own. There are tons of goofy themes that are popular. Hell I have a Hurricane lol. But the way the coaster and some of the clowns are drawn is freaky.

Yeah, if there are people who want it as a dream theme, no judgement. I just wonder how many 40-50 somethings there are that actually do.

#11787 1 year ago

I find it interesting you choose to quote 'breaking news' from that person when Spooky started their own thread about it last night

#11863 1 year ago

Okay, now that Scooby has been announced time to predict the next game.

EVIL DEAD!

#11892 1 year ago
Quoted from jtgribble:

That would be great! Instead of a Safe Cracker "Magic Token" it could kick out a delicious Scooby Snack. Lol. You need to get this idea in Spooky's hands immediately!

Backglass should be interactive. Something like Circus Voltaire or T3, but Scooby with his mouth open and you have to toss scooby snacks into his mouth.

#11917 1 year ago

I appreciate that Spooky interacts with the community. I get that plans change, and you can't always count that legal aspects aren't going to get in the way of your vision. I don't think they have done anything nefarious, I think they just jumped the gun on the HWN/ULT release and bit off more than they could chew releasing dual themes at the same time. On the other hand I applaud the attempt. They seem to be trying to get it right, and hopefully they've grown from the experience.

#11924 1 year ago

After all that wholesomeness that is Scooby, they need to even it out with some Cannible Corpse, or GWAR, or Human Centipede.

#11930 1 year ago
Quoted from Lobo2k:

I'm 45.... so Phantasm would have been in my wheelhouse as a kid... never saw it though.
I put it on the other day. Unwatchable. I must be missing something. Maybe it's nostalgia. I shouldn't say unwatchable since I couldn't get through it. Maybe the 3rd act was gonna blow me away

It's definitely nostalgia. It doesn't really hold up storywise these days, however, it is a cult classic and would be a cool pin.

There are far better 80's horror movies overall, but not all would make a good pin. I personally rate The Thing as a top all time movie, but I do not think it would translate well to a pinball machine. I do think Evil Dead series, Phantasm, They Live for example would. I personally did not think Halloween would make a good pin, and while some like it, I think the overall sentiment to it is not as positive. I also do not think Texas Chainsaw Massacre would translate to a good pin either.

IMO to kind of tie up what I'm stating above, I feel that for a pinball machine in today's era to use a theme well, it needs to actually have phrasing. Callouts that everyone knows, repeats etc. NOES while already done (haven't really played it) has the potential to be a great game. Alien is a great game.

Slasher films with silent antagonists have little in that regard. They would have probably made better pins before the SS era.

I'm not saying it can't be done however.

#11931 1 year ago
Quoted from starfighter:

One thing for sure, SDCE is a warning shot across the bow as far as what future customers will be expecting from the other manufacturers.

I doubt it moves the needle in that regard. They had to cut corners somewhere, or got the license really really cheap. Or, it is possible they are barely upcharging, but that seems unlikely, they gotta survive. The other manufacturers are going to do what they do, and people will still buy them.

#11961 1 year ago
Quoted from benheck:

He-Man would be a killer title! Really, anything 2D animation would be killer. Lotta money being left on that table. Lion King, Aladdin, Duck Tales. They'd PRINT MONEY at a rate that would make the Federal Reserve blush!

wait just a gd minute. Weren't you the one saying He-Man was a horrible title for a pin before Halloween was announced?

#11970 1 year ago
Quoted from discosucks:

Another epic failure by Spooky on launch day to process orders. Had Scooby in cart at 10 and could never check out. Kept trying to calculate shipping, and then said will calculate later. Could never get payment to go through. And store is now closed. I know demand was gone be high, but they had same issue last year. Spooky just lost another customer. Anyone looking for a Halloween cheap?

literally they will still have games when it comes back up. You'll be fine. Unless you wanted one at the front to flip.

#11988 1 year ago
Quoted from benheck:

I told Lucas they should use their WB hookup and make Blade Runner.
I don't really care for BR like some do, but it'd make a fucking awesome pin.

Same...I rewatched it recently and realized it is very boring. But agreed, the world, the atmosphere if done right could be pretty cool.

#11990 1 year ago
Quoted from JakePG:

Did you see the sequel?

I watched it once, but I admit, I don't remember a thing about it.

#12024 1 year ago

The callouts would be glorious!

#12034 1 year ago

For those of us with self control....EVIL DEAD EVIL DEAD EVIL DEAD EVIL DEAD.

#12035 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Start a poll lol if you can get 1500 yes votes we will go after it!

Careful what you say on the internet...

#12066 1 year ago

I’d guess Scooby-Doo is still Spooky’s next pin. As in … don’t expect to start seeing them until Feb. So while we wait, aren’t we at least curious how the “next” pin will turn out? Scooby-Doo hasn’t been shown and I can’t imagine many people at Spooky worrying about the game after next. Scooby-Doo is far from baked, it was mixed and is going into the oven now. Stay tune for the taste test.
Spooky should consider making a 15 min film on Scooby-Doo that explains and shows game play, highlighting all the sizzle. And release it PRIOR to the Jan stream.
Then after the stream, they might want to release a 30 min video focused on the software. Show us some programmers sweating bullets as the reach milestones. Have them show us how Spooky does it. What design software do you use? What programming language do you use. How do you cut and paste video assets? Tell us how the sausage is made. Does Spooky use design libraries? How do you control versions of the pieces? How do you test a new version? Show us a flowchart of Scooby-Doo rules. How do you divide the work among coders? Give it to us like we’re a bunch of 5th graders.

To keep things going, they plan years in advance I would think. Getting licenses, and design take time.

#12070 1 year ago
#12072 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

This flick was fuggin batshit. I put it on even though I thought it looked stupid. But boyyyy what a ride haha

Yeah, it's hit or miss for some, but I love it.

#12087 1 year ago
Quoted from benheck:

15 months of code ahead of launch. I'm sure the announce/release dates have slipped as Scooby was a few months late but I'm aiming for October 2023 regardless.
I have 8 main modes, 5 sub wizards modes and 1 wizard mode in place thus far. Doing "Polish Pass 1" on it now.

Whats the codename?

1 week later
#12105 1 year ago
Quoted from brerspidur:

Im sure this was probably mentioned already, but I haven't seen Aqua Teen Hunger Force in a while and happened to come across this while flippng channels the other day. Next game must have 18 flippers, foot pedals and a fountain.

They just had a new movie come out. (You can stream it).

#12118 1 year ago
Quoted from JakePG:

Missed out on Godzilla, so what about......
King Kong

Why Not Both?

#12144 1 year ago

Yeah, I've worked farms/ranches and I sleep very lightly and toss and turn. Always have. I think it got worse after being in a combat zone as well. I always feel rested though. At least so far. On top of that my mind won't stop and I can't fall asleep. My wife can fall asleep in a few seconds after her head hits the pillow. It's infuriating.

Also, Scooby Dooby DOoo...

4 weeks later
#12172 1 year ago

Funhouse 3.

#12193 1 year ago
Quoted from GoldenBeard:

Exactly why any Christmas could be fun on a limited run, one pin like BSE only, There’s A TON of options from legit Christmas movies to horror Christmas and even stuff like die hard. Might not be for everyone which is why limited works.

I don't think a 'christmas' themed game would really do well. I seriously think a company needs to consider something like what Spooky did with HWN/ULT.

A great playing pin that can be generically themed and swapped out via chips/drive (like Funhouse 2.0), swap out artwork...maybe even partial playfield like P3?
You'd still have to get licensing etc, and owners/operators would have to do the swaps....and would be cheaper overall.

In that sense, a Christmas theme, of many differen things (Die Hard, Krampus, Gremlins, Christmas Vacation) could be created.

I mean, what if all artwork (cab and pf) was basically LCD and it just changes with code? (again, kind of like P3, but not the same thing...thinking more like the transparent paper thin lcd paneling).

Far easier in technical aspect today than 20 years ago. There's still hurdles of course. If you make a turd in gameplay and try it, it's going to fail miserably in most aspects, but if you can pull the coding off - and not make it TOO identical from game to game....it might be a 'subscription' model for operators that don't cost them 10k every time.

#12232 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Saw would, no doubt, have the most iconic "game over" callout. It would be super cool to have Tobin just read off a list of the 1000 most common names so the players can enter their name and it's called out in the game..."Hello (insert name), I want to play a game."

My wife would be pissed.

I might be as well. LOL.

Damn hippy parents.

#12233 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

My wife would be pissed.
I might be as well. LOL.
Damn hippy parents.

solution: for an extra $150 he custom calls out your name (in addition to the 1000's).

#12236 1 year ago

Spooky Pinball Licenses We Need -
Existing :

Spooky has sold out of every game within a week of launch. Every game following AMH, through and including SD.

I'm not sure why ppl keep saying this. Selling to distros isn't selling out in a week.

#12237 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

A bargain. It cost me $15k to have Adam West call out my name in the Batman'66 SLE. And that was back when $15k was almost double an LE price.

Wow crazy. Yeah, I just threw out $150 because I didn't want to set the sights to high, but I don't imagine it would get done for that.

1 week later
#12255 1 year ago

A bit off topic, but not...

My 7 year old cousin was over selling some fundraiser stuff the other night. First time he'd been to our place. He asked if we had anything fun to do. I said it depends what do you like to do? And mentioned I had pinball and his eyes lit up and goes "I love pinball", Took him to the game room and he was ecstatic. Loved R&M (which I was surprised his mom let him watch it, that's another story)

Anyway, the funny part came later. We have a bunch of horror stuff on a shelf on the wall. He sees Ash and goes "He cut off his hand, and now Wednesday has it". I was surprised he'd seen any of the Evil Dead's, but making the connection between Ash's hand and Thing was an interesting leap in logic. I know Wednesday was probably his first introduction to Addams Family though. He had no idea that Thing had been around for much longer than Ash.

#12258 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

We sure seem to like castles. It also better have a throwback "30 million" reference to Bram Stoker's Dracula.

So He Man is next! I know it's Ben's FAVORITE!

#12263 1 year ago
Quoted from BlackBelt:

Was thinking more about music pins vs movie pins and wondering why not have both in one? (I'm sure the answer is a licensing fiasco)
Take a movie like Edward Scissorhands (who lives in a Castle thank you very much). The original score by Danny Elfman is great but maybe not suited for a multiball...what if you got someone like Trent Reznor to write a couple original tunes to fill out the music package? You get fans from both sides enjoying the pin.
My question for the thread is...what would be a fun mashup theme to you? Short Circuit + Def Leppard...Flight of the Navigator + Madonna?

Already done with Spinal Tap? and/or Heavy Metal.

#12270 1 year ago

UHF and Weird Al

..dammit, I suck at this

Repo: The Genetic Opera.

1 month later
#12302 1 year ago

So whens Evil Dead coming out??

#12309 1 year ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Do a headless pin just the cab and legs.
Theme: Headless Horseman[quoted image]

This really isn't a 'bad' idea. Clever.

1 week later
#12322 1 year ago
Quoted from rotordave:

God bless the guy … but that reboot was pretty bad.
rd

Was it just me or did it suffer from Colored LED Pinball puke

#12329 1 year ago

you do realize there's already a pin based on that license right?

#12336 1 year ago

yea it was that abysmal remake that really laid into the pedophile thing. In the original movies, while he was portrayed as a bad man, it was the parents who were actually the bad people.

#12342 1 year ago

We don't. That's the point.

I mean, if you can justify serial killers, gangsters, aliens, etc.....get over it It's fantasy. A game based on the movies would not need to address any of what you are concerned about.

#12348 1 year ago

Let's not come down on them too hard...there may be personal reasons for the stance, which..fine, but it's kind of a 'don't like it don't buy it' situation.

#12354 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

If this is directed at me you would be right, I only ever once aquired a GB and a BR in a multi game trade and promptly unloaded it. I don’t think saying anything wild when I say that it’s not a good look to glorify a fictitious Pedophile child murderer in a pin. I’m frankly surprised that there is push back on that stance at all.

The problem is you are being too specific. Like I said, you probably have your reasons for this stance, but should not expect others to share the same feelings. It's like saying (warning gunument incoming) "guns kill people so no games made with guns on them should be made". Most all 'entertainment' has an antagonist that does bad things. Putting one of those things over others is going to cause pushback because everyone's life experience is different.

Pedophilia in NoES is not glorified. His killing of everyone else is. Is one better than the other?

#12365 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I feel like it's only hinted at/implied in the original movies. But it was major point in the 2010 remake

I'm going to have to watch them all again to be sure. However, it is indeed played way down to just a 'child killer' in the original. I think it was briefly implied there was more to it. Yes, in the original idea of it, Wes confirmed he was a pedo though..and the remake was pretty specfic...but no one likes that one anyway.

This discussion is starting to make me second guess my home brew I'm currently working on.... Necrophiliac: The Graveyard Adventure

#12369 1 year ago
Quoted from MrVern:

Wes Craven, I give him a little credit for diluting the horrific acts in his movies but they still exist for shock and terror. These are simply tools to play with our emotions, I like to think it helps us root for the good guys.
But I digress....
I'm stuck on that Beetlejuice tease from Luke on page 246... "Kanda Kanda Kan..."
(Warner Brothers, New Movie, New Talent, excellent theme for Spooky.... RIPE for picking!!)
Beetlejuice would break my savings account, even the cartoon version.

Oh that's where that's from...I thought he was mispronouncing klatus veritas nicotine or something like that....

1 month later
#12393 11 months ago

And many more millions love RHPS. I'm not one of them, but they are our age demographic and I can see it selling really well.

But IMO, if meatloaf is the egg, then it has to be Pick of Destiny!

#12406 11 months ago

I'm betting the next theme is The Human Centipede. Three balls magnetized together. Endless fun possibilities...endless fun.

3 weeks later
#12428 10 months ago

I can't tell if that post is sarcasm or serious. It is Ben afterall

#12446 10 months ago
Quoted from benheck:

The depictions still have to be approved by actor/estate but yes. Some licenses you don't get actor likenesses even in the context of the movie. Which has no doubt held up some of your dream themes like Jaws or BTTF.

The real elephant in the room here is if you are serious is, are you saying the next spooky won't have LCD? Or you are annoyed that it will and the burden of having to include it?

#12454 10 months ago

I mean, has anyone done a Pinball/Pachinko combo game? I mean, it practically eats the quarters itself!

#12481 10 months ago

I think where you are in life when you see it is key. I never saw Princess Bride until probably 5 or so years ago after some friends were raving about it. Didn't think much of it honestly. I love some Monty Python, etc, so I get the humor, just no nostalgia attached to it. It definitely has its followers though.

1 month later
#12546 9 months ago
Quoted from Daditude:

How about "They Live"?
Insta-buy for me

Only if the glass has some sort of photo coating that changes what you see in multiball o_O Surely there's some fancy glass coating/filter that will do this. Or maybe even the transparent LCD stuff or use it as AR.

1 month later
#12601 7 months ago

5 games. Let the auctions begin!

#12613 7 months ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

You sold change Simpsons to: THE SIMPSONS TREEHOUSE OF HORROR (which people are starting to fiend for after I, me…came up with it) I would DIE if this was announced

Kinda too bad that's a Stern game. I could see CGC doing a remake/retheme.

#12645 7 months ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Me too. I know it's a slap in the face to Star Wars fans, but The Joker is Mark Hamill's best roll IMHO. He's so good at it. It could have a really cool art deco style. Only worry is there are already four Batman machines.

No No wrong wrong wrong. Mark Hamill's best role was Cocknocker!

#12652 7 months ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Lets be real, voice acting isnt real acting. A true actor puts voice, body language, eye/mouth into use.
Love me some Corvette summer!

Don't fvck with a jedi master.

2 weeks later
#12688 6 months ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

We do a lot of fan wank on here about dream themes and stuff, but Saw would be a phenomenal property for a pinball machine. Toys and mechs for days. You hit the start button, and of course… “I want to play a game.”

I don't know man...I'm not that good at pinball. Losing a ball and losing a limb just doesn't appeal to me.

hehehehehheheheheh

2 weeks later
#12722 6 months ago

I really don't have any nostalgia for the movie, I remember it being decent. The pin does look good though!

There is a new beetlejuice coming out..seems ripe for a time for someone to make it

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Mooshue's Market

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 80.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 45.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Gilbert, AZ
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Protection
Gameroom Mods

Machine - For Sale
Woodinville, WA
$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
776 posts in this topic match your search for posts by zablon. You are on page 3 of 4.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zablon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-2021-game-speculation-thread/page/3?tu=zablon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.