7hPz.gif
IMG_6612 (resized).jpeg
harley-quinn-legends-of-the-dark-knight-1_dc-comics_silo (resized).png
tumblr_ndd9vhv4uu1qedb29o1_500.gif
IMG_1836 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1833 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1832 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 13,405 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 269.
#1701 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

I know this thread might be a bit biased to ask this question but just looking for opinions:
How is the build quality of these games? I received a message from someone else in another forum and I was told everything is 3d printed and low quality like in a 'home brew'. Is that true?

There are some parts that are 3d printed in R&M but not many. Off the top of my head there is the base to the ship, the basketball hoop on the house, a few sculpted type posts (plumbus one I think) and I think that is all I can think of. I don't think the crystal next to the portal exit is 3D printed...pretty sure that is cast.

#1702 2 years ago

I know this thread might be a bit biased to ask this question but just looking for opinions:
How is the build quality of these games? I received a message from someone else in another forum and I was told everything is 3d printed and low quality like in a 'home brew'. Is that true?

I own R&M as well as TNA.

TNA really doesn’t have too much to it, like just basic pinball parts, but it’s high quality imo and the display is maybe a bit low resolution but to me it fits with the 80s vibe of the graphics. Overall great pin and to me the money was put into the lights the code and sound is outstanding.

R&M can see it’s not a huge budget game so the few toys might be a step down from Stern and two steps down from JJP or CGC but again the money is well into the lights and some cool mechanisms like the magnet save and the subway. The ramps feel a bit cheap too but the game is well put together of high quality pinball parts. Code and video/audio assets are through the roof.

I own Stern, JJp and Spooky they all feel different. JJP is more polished and over engineered and great toys, Stern is usually cheaper feeling but super slick built because they have a formula that makes the games work but also feel very much under built but just enough to work well.

Spooky is definitely feeling like a home brew but one with great parts and build quality and especially attention to code and sound and lights. (At least Scott’s pins don’t own any other Spooky pins).

#1703 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

There are some parts that are 3d printed in R&M but not many. Off the top of my head there is the base to the ship, the basketball hoop on the house, a few sculpted type posts (plumbus one I think) and I think that is all I can think of. I don't think the crystal next to the portal exit is 3D printed...pretty sure that is cast.

Upper porch on the house.

#1704 2 years ago

Sounds like Scooby Doo Haunted House for the win. Rumor was possibly three trim levels. What do you think each will be? With any luck we will get animated baby Scappy Doo in a floating crib.

#1705 2 years ago
Quoted from Alaskanzen:

Uh, no. My 'butter cab' RAM is the nicest pin in my lineup currently. (Mechs etc. under the playfield are not home brew, but there is a difference between Spooky vs. Stern/JPP).

Can you elaborate in that difference you talk about? that is what I am interested in... I am honestly asking because never seen one before.

#1706 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Sounds like Scooby Doo Haunted House. Rumor was possibly three trim levels. What do you think each will be?

Pro level - Ruh-roh
Prem - Jeepers
LE equivalent - Zoinks!

#1707 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

There are some parts that are 3d printed ....plumbus one I think....

Anyone who has seen Rick and Morty knows that is NOT how a plumbus is made. Unless maybe they spit on the 3D printer....

#1708 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Sounds like Scooby Doo Haunted House for the win. Rumor was possibly three trim levels. What do you think each will be? With any luck we will get animated baby Scappy Doo in a floating crib.

Where's this rumor from now?

#1709 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I own R&M as well as TNA.
TNA really doesn’t have too much to it, like just basic pinball parts, but it’s high quality imo and the display is maybe a bit low resolution but to me it fits with the 80s vibe of the graphics. Overall great pin and to me the money was put into the lights the code and sound is outstanding.
R&M can see it’s not a huge budget game so the few toys might be a step down from Stern and two steps down from JJP or CGC but again the money is well into the lights and some cool mechanisms like the magnet save and the subway. The ramps feel a bit cheap too but the game is well put together of high quality pinball parts. Code and video/audio assets are through the roof.
I own Stern, JJp and Spooky they all feel different. JJP is more polished and over engineered and great toys, Stern is usually cheaper feeling but super slick built because they have a formula that makes the games work but also feel very much under built but just enough to work well.
Spooky is definitely feeling like a home brew but one with great parts and build quality and especially attention to code and sound and lights. (At least Scott’s pins don’t own any other Spooky pins).

AMH looked and felt a little home-brew to me, RZ a little less so and ACNC is on par with a Stern premium/LE (superior in some ways). TNA and R&M are Scott Danesi games which have a more minimalistic feel and simpler playfield art than ACNC - but I still don't think either of those feel home-brew either.

#1710 2 years ago

Yes, Spooky pinballs suck, don't buy one *that way I have one less person to compete with on the next game*

On a serious note, I've played RZ, TnA, ACNC and own an R&M. I can't say I got any different vibe from them (except maybe RZ) than any other companies. Yes, they will feel different. The R&M playfield is hands down the best playfield coming out right now that I've seen. They are definitely improving as they put out new games. R&M can be divisive because yes, it does seem minimalistic compared to JJP games -- but before GnR, it was the best light show ever (I haven't played a GnR so I can't say if that still holds true). But the theme integration/gameplay wipes the floor with so many other games. Of course, you never really know what the next one will be like until it's out.

#1711 2 years ago

Can you elaborate in that difference you talk about? that is what I am interested in... I am honestly asking because never seen one before.

In the butter cab? Sure, I wasn't convinced either until I received mine (a friend talked me into ordering the upgrade, Im now glad he did). I guess the best way I would describe it without pics is that it's a clear coat on the artwork. It gives both a shine and a layer of depth the cabinet art doesnt usually have. This, combined with the artwork/integration of the theme is really striking. I have it next to a GB and my IM and my fully restored TZ, and of that group it stands out pretty significantly in visual appeal/presentation. Only TZ, which has several mirrored upgrades, is 'on par' with it from just an art/optics etc. perspective.

I think if I were to buy another Spooky pin (which after owning this one I would) I would likely opt for another 'butter' cab.

Oh, and to echo the previous poster, the playfield on my RAM is amazing.

#1712 2 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Dirty pool, old man!

That's Attack From Mars, when you lock a ball behind the gate.

#1713 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

That's Attack From Mars, when you lock a ball behind the gate.

It’s a quote from Gomez Addams in the movie during the fencing scene.
It is in Addams when you sneak a ball bast the bookcase, similar to the “you cheat Dr. Jones” call out in Indiana Jones when you put a ball in the Idol lock without hitting the drop targets first.
The quote originates from Addams.

#1714 2 years ago

These comments about build quality are very interesting, maybe the build quality is a result of the more hands on approach these require during the building process? maybe the result of parts not being massed produced?

I am curious because I was offered a RM locally for almost 15K CAD, which I find very high... and that is when I started wondering about the quality and if these would command such value or at least be worth that much...

It sounds like it is not quite there yet, maybe?

I think that for now I will stick to getting the new title and see what the improvements are, as I am sure these guys are learning new things and adding new features with every new title they make...

#1715 2 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

It’s a quote from Gomez Addams in the movie during the fencing scene.
It is in Addams when you sneak a ball bast the bookcase, similar to the “you cheat Dr. Jones” call out in Indiana Jones when you put a ball in the Idol lock without hitting the drop targets first.
The quote originates from Addams.

It's in AMH too, when you squeek a ball in behind the ghost target bank.

#1716 2 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:Me and a couple friends spent the weekend at Spooky Pinball this past weekend.
Damned if they aren't designing a new pinball machine!

Quoted from Betelgeuse:

It's in AMH too, when you squeek a ball in behind the ghost target bank.

Right, that is an homage to the one in Addam's.

#1717 2 years ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

Best selling Pin of all time... took place in a house!

Hey, if you want a Beetlejuice pin so badly, find a designer and company who gives a damn about the license.

Stern clearly didn't. Who's left?

#1718 2 years ago

LOL...and now I think he protests too much....hmmm....

#1719 2 years ago

Just let Franchi re-do the Munsters with his Beetlejuice art, change Herman to a Beetlejuice sculpt (hit him three times = say his name), Spot can be one of the sand worm things, and the Grandpas lab can be the miniature town diorama.

Hollywood is remaking Beetlejuice for a reason. It's firmly in the pop culture subconscious

Eventually Stern will circle back to the theme once they're done mining other peak nostalgia properties.

#1720 2 years ago

Was at my grandmothers house and took a photo of a old sculpture my uncle did of the pit witch years ago and got me excited at the AoD speculation!

CD9D5E4A-8B95-44C7-BD96-E7098C0B0968 (resized).jpegCD9D5E4A-8B95-44C7-BD96-E7098C0B0968 (resized).jpeg
#1721 2 years ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

Where's this rumor from now?

That Kaneda character...

#1722 2 years ago

To be frank, they need to spend the time and effort getting their production process more precise than trying to follow the leaders in the money scalping levels. I hope that is a bunch of bs.

#1723 2 years ago

My guess. Masters if the universe.
And it will drop when the Netflix series launches in the coming weeks.
Either that of I'm completely wrong.
But from the hints I've seen. It sure seems like a similar art style to the old MOTU art. Or Scooby Doo backgrounds.
And if it is Army of darkness or Scooby Doo. I'm in for those too.
If it's none of those I'm not really interested.

It's probably Gobots.

MOTU-Main (resized).jpgMOTU-Main (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210525_171103_com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210525_171103_com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox (resized).jpg
#1724 2 years ago

I’d be fine with that as long as long as the game is 10x deeper and the game is brimming with assets, unlike Munsters.

Quoted from TreyBo69:

Just let Franchi re-do the Munsters with his Beetlejuice art, change Herman to a Beetlejuice sculpt (hit him three times = say his name), Spot can be one of the sand worm things, and the Grandpas lab can be the miniature town diorama.
Hollywood is remaking Beetlejuice for a reason. It's firmly in the pop culture subconscious
Eventually Stern will circle back to the theme once they're done mining other peak nostalgia properties.

#1725 2 years ago

How about a theme that's not 40 years old? The world is evolving, things are different now and tastes have moved on for most people.
I do know lots of people still listen to the same music and watch the same shit they did 40 years ago, but they are limiting themselves.

Remember how excited we were when roller skates evolved into the Surfer Sam?

Same evolution is still happening now folks.

Motorbikes are different, music is different and pinball has evolved.
Let's get with the times.

Could do an aggressive nation army pin. Could go out from your nice comfortable, rich nation and attack other countries because you don't like their culture or you want their assets, or maybe just to keep your bomb factories profitable. Think of the multiball opportunities.

Maybe the whole trapped sub on the ocean floor thing?

Race to find a cure for a disease?

Global corporation war with Wall st takeovers etc?

#1726 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

How about a theme that's not 40 years old? The world is evolving, things are different now and tastes have moved on for most people.
I do know lots of people still listen to the same music and watch the same shit they did 40 years ago, but they are limiting themselves.
Could do an aggressive nation army pin. Could go out from your nice comfortable, rich nation and attack other countries because you don't like their culture or you want their assets, or maybe just to keep your bomb factories profitable. Think of the multiball opportunities.

Because pinball companies like money?

No offense, but I’d rather chew on razors than play a pinball game based on Covid, politics, economics or social causes.

#1727 2 years ago

I’ve only bought Spooky/Scott Danesi pins. Not sure if this is outside the general Spooky product. IOW not sure how I feel about non-Danesi pins.

#1728 2 years ago

Who else do they have? Who did RZ and ACNC?

#1729 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Because pinball companies like money?
No offense, but I’d rather chew on razors than play a pinball game based on Covid, politics, economics or social causes.

Merely suggesting they move with the times.

I'm not creayive, therefore my examples suck, but it still doesn't need to be a theme from something from 40 years ago.

#1730 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Merely suggesting they move with the times.
I'm not creayive, therefore my examples suck, but it still doesn't need to be a theme from something from 40 years ago.

Hah - just giving you a hard time.

I think people simply have fond memories of music, tv and film from their youth.

Some great games have been original content - MM, AFM, etc but it requires starting from scratch on character, story, music, call outs, etc. It’s easier to have a head start with some sort of licensed asset.

And don’t forget that the primary purpose of these games is to eat quarters on location. Games with a recognizable theme have a better chance of drawing people in to drop a few quarters into the coin box.

#1731 2 years ago

Agreed, but most of the people in bars are younger people in my experience. At least in Australia, the older generations put their money in stinking fucking poker machines (slots). They are in every bar, pub and social club across the country.

There are plenty of recognizable themes that are not from our childhood, TWD is one of the best pinball machines out there. Nostlagia is ok i guess, but i listen to modern music and watch new release movies.

Loved Led Zepplin, Pink Floyd and Deep Purple when i was a kid, but i wouldn't go to see those old cunts thrashing the same songs from 40 years ago if i got free tickets. Rather see an up and coming band.

It was all about the new music back then, but people forget that.

I can only think that us old guys are their primary target market, and i think that should change before we all die.

In any case, us progressive's are certainly in the minority, so I'll let you get back to your stroll through your happy childhood.

#1732 2 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

But laughed about it at the same time, right? There are so many great one liners in both movies that they burn themselves into your mind forever. ED2 has its moments for people that are easily scared, but AoD has pretty much zero scares in it because the humor is so over-the-top at the same time.

Hold up, am I thinking of the completely wrong movie?
This is the shit I saw:

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1733 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Who else do they have? Who did RZ and ACNC?

Charlie Emery designed ACNC, but Bowen Kerins did the rules, and Scott Danesi had a hand in the code and did the lights and sounds not created by Alice Cooper.

#1734 2 years ago

Awwww maaan, you watched THAT first?! That’s the reimagining from 2013. It’s not cannon. Go watch Evil Dead 2 and Army of Darkness.

Quoted from djd9617:

This is the shit I saw:[quoted image]

#1735 2 years ago
Quoted from djd9617:

This is the shit I saw:[quoted image]

I have not seen the newer remake Evil Dead but that makeup looks pretty damn good for the original version. I think you may have watched the more recent remake which is pure horror and not the original Evil Dead 2 with Bruce Campbell.. lol

This was the original basement girl...

ED2 (resized).jpgED2 (resized).jpg

#1736 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Dreadful post. The Undertones emerged 45 years ago and are a million times better than the crap music bands release today. But please go on and lecture us about how we're 'limiting ourselves'.

#1737 2 years ago

The 2013 Evil Dead has nothing to do with the franchise. It’s good but no one should ever watch it unless they can recite ED2 and AOD from memory haha. It’s more like a reimagining anyway...story revolves around a girl with a heroin problem who is brought out to the cabin to detox.

Quoted from Calfdemon:

I have not seen the newer remake Evil Dead but that makeup looks pretty damn good for the original version. I think you may have watched the more recent remake and not the original Evil Dead 2 with Bruce Campbell.. lol
[quoted image]

#1738 2 years ago
Quoted from theadicts77:

Dreadful post. The Undertones emerged 45 years ago and are a million times better than the crap music bands release today. But please go on and lecture us about how we're 'limiting ourselves'.

I'm not lecturing you or anyone else. I'm merely putting forward a view that the world has moved forward in 40 years.

I'm perfectly entitled to that view too.

#1739 2 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

I have not seen the newer remake Evil Dead but that makeup looks pretty damn good for the original version. I think you may have watched the more recent remake which is pure horror and not the original Evil Dead 2 with Bruce Campbell.. lol
[quoted image]

You should watch it if you like the movies. It is what Evil Dead 1 wanted to be. It is pretty damn good - but isn't campy at all. Pure horror/gore. *and spoliler* Bruce Campbell is in it. as is (a) Delta.

#1740 2 years ago

When Spooky decides to do a horror pin, find some clowns. Clowns are freaky deaky deadly.

29D5D09D-5342-41B7-9A4F-378BE667B098.jpeg29D5D09D-5342-41B7-9A4F-378BE667B098.jpeg

#1741 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

I'm not lecturing you or anyone else. I'm merely putting forward a view that the world has moved forward in 40 years.
I'm perfectly entitled to that view too.

7E59EB6D-6D6C-4A6B-9221-B3403F2D76B8 (resized).jpeg7E59EB6D-6D6C-4A6B-9221-B3403F2D76B8 (resized).jpeg
#1742 2 years ago

006200_11 (resized).jpg006200_11 (resized).jpg

maxresdefault (1) (resized).jpgmaxresdefault (1) (resized).jpg

#1743 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

I do know lots of people still listen to the same music and watch the same shit they did 40 years ago,

Quoted from punkin:

t i wouldn't go to see those old cunts thrashing the same songs from 40 years ago if i got free tickets. Rather see an up and coming band.

Lol at all the thumbs down!

I agree with you. I’m all about discovering new stuff.

However, we are in the tiny minority.

Research has shown that most people stop listening to new music past 30. Seems to be a number of reasons. See link below. That’s why you see all the nostalgia tours and movie reboots. Nostalgia sells.

That’s why you’ll never see a modern band pin for example. Old guys ain’t buying one.

rd

https://www.businessinsider.com/why-we-stop-discovering-new-music-around-age-30-2018-6

#1744 2 years ago

That's one thing I've never stopped doing. I think people who love music and / or are musically inclined continue to look for new music well into their old age. The whole 'today's music sucks' really isn't true. It's just based on whatever is being played on the radio. Today with the internet, internet streaming, youtube, torrents, etc it is easier than ever to find new music you might like.

#1745 2 years ago

Charlie n Co. are starting to act confident.I like that.Reminds me of EM before GnR came out .I want a Spooky bad ,i’m hoping it’s a theme from my list .My $ is on Skooby which i’d have to flip before considering .I completly understand that pinball is getting competitive so Spooky won’t be putting out a teeter totter pin they will put out a theme that’s a proven masses favorite .Can’t wait for this reveal !

#1746 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Hey, if you want a Beetlejuice pin so badly, find a designer and company who gives a damn about the license.
Stern clearly didn't. Who's left?

Maybe a homebrew is the answer then.

#1747 2 years ago

also throw in Sleepy Hollow while we're at it...

#1748 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Agreed, but most of the people in bars are younger people in my experience. At least in Australia, the older generations put their money in stinking fucking poker machines (slots). They are in every bar, pub and social club across the country.
There are plenty of recognizable themes that are not from our childhood, TWD is one of the best pinball machines out there. Nostlagia is ok i guess, but i listen to modern music and watch new release movies.
Loved Led Zepplin, Pink Floyd and Deep Purple when i was a kid, but i wouldn't go to see those old cunts thrashing the same songs from 40 years ago if i got free tickets. Rather see an up and coming band.
It was all about the new music back then, but people forget that.
I can only think that us old guys are their primary target market, and i think that should change before we all die.
In any case, us progressive's are certainly in the minority, so I'll let you get back to your stroll through your happy childhood.

I saw Alice Cooper with Ace Frehley in 2109 and they still rock and sound great.

#1749 2 years ago

So is Scooby still a possibility? Kaneda was right about Mandolarian.

#1750 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

So is Scooby still a possibility? Kaneda was right about Mandolarian.

it’s got to be the 2/1 favorite.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
North Aurora, IL
5,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
South Kingstown, RI
$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 11.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

7,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 49.99
$ 13,500.00
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 100.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 13,405 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 269.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-2021-game-speculation-thread/page/35?hl=erak and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.