MV5BMTA1OTY4MTA5MjBeQTJeQWpwZ15BbWU4MDgzMTU5MDMx._V1_ (resized).jpg
sf (resized).jpg
tlsf (resized).jpg
polkaparty (resized).jpg
way2 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10,391 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 208.
#1501 6 months ago

Almost any John Carpenter movie would be amazing. My top choices would be Escape From New York, Christine, The Thing, or Halloween...I think the Planet of the Ape's and Beetlejuice would be great Spooky titles as well.

#1502 6 months ago

Isn’t Franchi doing something for JJP now? Off topic, but that could be an ok title for JJP. People want to see ambitious mechs with Beetlejuice which isn’t Spooky’s forte (so far).

#1503 6 months ago

Was thinking this myself. benheck clearly has an affinity for Army of Darkness. Hope he makes a pin about itttttt

Quoted from PinMonk:

Wouldn't be surprised if it was his pin that's after this next one. The one he's working on with CGC/Spooky.

#1504 6 months ago

The picture makes me think of Dragon’s Lair....

#1505 6 months ago
Quoted from paulbaptise:

dragons-lair-800x450 (resized).jpg
#1506 6 months ago
Quoted from paulbaptise:

Well there was that person here who put one together, maybe they snatched it up? Could be.

#1507 6 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Will Bruce come out of retirement long enough to do callouts? Hopefully.

Retired? He just finished a horror a few months back. One of my former prop assistants, prop mastered it. Good script, lots of gags, should be good.

https://screenrant.com/black-friday-horror-movie-bruce-campbell-cast/

#1508 6 months ago

This is also the game that came in my mind quickly. If it's this, wow!!!!

#1509 6 months ago
Quoted from Jigs:

Retired? He just finished a horror a few months back. One of my former prop assistants, prop mastered it. Good script, lots of gags, should be good.
https://screenrant.com/black-friday-horror-movie-bruce-campbell-cast/

Retired from playing Ash.

#1510 6 months ago

Yeah, I can totally see MOTU in that uber-teaser pic

image (resized).jpg
#1511 6 months ago

I’d slap a MOTU right next to my TMNT in a heartbeat

Quoted from DruTheFu:

Yeah, I can totally see MOTU in that uber-teaser pic
[quoted image]

#1512 6 months ago
Quoted from benheck:

Army of Darkness would be a killer pin.
Double barrel ball launcher. A spiked pit lower PF (or basement if doing trilogy) Lock balls on the 3 books in the graveyard. Topper of the steam punk Oldsmobile with the spinning blades.
Have a gag where the mech hand "crushes" the ball for the lock. Skeletons everywhere! A working windmill!

Mmm tell me more

#1513 6 months ago

I hope it's Halloween but instead of the movies it's just a Halloween themed pin. Perhaps Bela Lugosi's Dracula has come to life in Benton and you and your friends must destroy him and his hoards of monsters so you can enjoy Halloween. Sounds fun to me. Collect candy to increase your sugar high mode.

#1514 6 months ago

Masters of the Universe would be cool but I doubt that is the theme. Its going to be Horror it just boils down to which movie. No matter what I'm going to buy my first Spooky game because I'm down on ANYTHING HORROR. Horror isn't for everyone but for me I'm with it all day.

Once the game is announced I can only say again... I'd love to see Lost Boys, Army of Darkness, Halloween, Friday the 13th, how about Conjuring?

In the end I think the right direction for Spooky is niche cult classic movies, stuff Stern would never sniff around. Think Animal House - Caddyshack - Vacation - Goonies - Beetlejuice - Fast Times - Ferris - stuff along those lines. All homeruns that easy sell 1000 copies in the first day.

#1515 6 months ago

I'd take a straight up Giger art pin.

#1516 6 months ago

Fingers crossed.

78C718D4-7A6A-40AD-A97B-9D240B5C7832 (resized).jpeg
#1517 6 months ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

Fingers crossed.
[quoted image]

ohhh this would be sooooo cool, this was my favourite show growing up... if this is the theme, I would be stoked!

#1518 6 months ago

I guess I was just born a few years too early (1970). He-Man does nothing for me. I remember it being on, but never watched it and had no interest in it. I think it was just below my age bracket at the time. But I know it was popular as there were lots of toys and the show was on for a long time if I remember correctly. Same way I feel about TMNT. Nada...

I am sure Spooky would do it justice and would be a hot seller for them, but theme is a big thing for me and MOTU does not interest me in the least. Which of course is fine, because then I would not have to move a pin I don't want to sell... lol

#1519 6 months ago

He-man was my favorite show when I was a kid, so I’d be into it. I would just love to hear what Scott would do with the theme song haha.

#1520 6 months ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

I guess I was just born a few years too early (1970). He-Man does nothing for me. I remember it being on, but never watched it and had no interest in it. I think it was just below my age bracket at the time. But I know it was popular as there were lots of toys and the show was on for a long time if I remember correctly.
I am sure Spooky would do it justice and would be a hot seller for them, but theme is a big thing for me and MOTU does not interest me in the least. Which of course is fine, because then I would not have to move a pin I don't want to sell... lol

I feel the same way you do when people bring up Power Rangers as a theme. After my time. I don’t get it. Your thoughts make sense.

For a lot of us that grew up in the 80’s (1978), MOTU was life along with Transformers and GI Joe. Dream themes. I don’t think it’s what Spooky is teasing but I hope it is.

#1521 6 months ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Okay so I build and design attractions for living. I'm just saying Alice Cooper the castles got painted this awful purple, and I'm seeing the same thing here. Don't like the color purple for a castle but whatever anyway if that is indeed a castle then what could the game be?

Pretty sure that’s green (and awesome). Looking for my box of crayons to verify.

CC30E273-4EC5-44DA-8527-1FFFE4B293CD (resized).jpeg
#1522 6 months ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

I feel the same way you do when people bring up Power Rangers as a theme. After my time. I don’t get it. Your thoughts make sense.
For a lot of us that grew up in the 80’s (1978), MOTU was life along with Transformers and GI Joe. Dream themes. I don’t think it’s what Spooky is teasing but I hope it is.

Ha! Yeah, to me GI Joe was one person... He was the small afro doll with the beard and the kung fu grip in the 70's that every red blooded American boy played with. I had one. I could never understand how in the 80's, all of a sudden GI Joe was a whole group of people and not one guy anymore.

That being said, I did watch Robotech in the mid 80's and enjoyed the hell out of it. I am not sure I would want a Robotech pinball machine though... lol

#1523 6 months ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

I guess I was just born a few years too early (1970). He-Man does nothing for me. I remember it being on, but never watched it and had no interest in it. I think it was just below my age bracket at the time. But I know it was popular as there were lots of toys and the show was on for a long time if I remember correctly. Same way I feel about TMNT. Nada...

You described how I feel about MOTU to a tee. Maybe that’s because I was born in 1969.

#1526 6 months ago
Quoted from damadczar:

I couldn't give my money fast enough if the pin was anything around Evil Dead / Army of Darkness, or even Ash vs The Evil Dead show. All were fantastic, iconic, full of horror and great humor. Fantastic call outs and visuals. Honestly, the perfect pin for my tastes.

I’d be 100% in for a Spooky Evil Dead pin. As others have said, I’d be fine with it being based on the recent series, that show was hysterical and would lend itself to pinball well. I wonder if the license is expensive?

Quoted from Charlemagne1987:

I've been saying this forever. A KING ARTHUR pin, done right, would be awesome.

Yes, or Alice in Wonderland...I’d buy that too from Spooky if we’ll done.

#1527 6 months ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

Born in 1971 and I watched it with my brother who was born in 1975. He-Man after my time. I highly doubt it’s going to be He-man. Just my opinion.

#1528 6 months ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I’d be 100% in for a Spooky Evil Dead pin. As others have said, I’d be fine with it being based on the recent series, that show was hysterical and would lend itself to pinball well. I wonder if the license is expensive?

Yes, or Alice in Wonderland...I’d buy that too from Spooky if we’ll done.

Alice in Wonderland could be epic in the hands of Spooky.

#1529 6 months ago
Quoted from Jack8765:

Isn’t deeproot doing that (good,luck ever seeing the real pin)

#1530 6 months ago
Quoted from Jack8765:

You ain't never lied! That'd be incredible!

#1531 6 months ago
Quoted from Jack8765:

Am I the only one that would prefer it done around American Mcgee's Alice? While AiW is dark, this version is way darker.

alice (resized).JPG
#1532 6 months ago

jan svankmajer’s alice is my favorite version, by far the creepiest.

Quoted from Zablon:

Am I the only one that would prefer it done around American Mcgee's Alice? While AiW is dark, this version is way darker. [quoted image]

5FF9E04B-090B-4AAC-B0E5-5E2E19971CFB (resized).jpeg

#1533 6 months ago
Quoted from Jack8765:

Pretty sure that’s green (and awesome)

Sorry that green is NOT awesome. I've never seen a castle painted green. There is an old saying to each their own. Castles are grey, stone color, with patina which could add some green but all green. We just disagree. For me its not a big deal I'll just take them out and repaint them like we did with Dracula.

No matter what color any of that stuff is painted we can repaint it the way we like it!

IMG_1841 (resized).jpgIMG_1842 (resized).jpg
#1534 6 months ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Sorry that green is NOT awesome. I've never seen a castle painted green. There is an old saying to each their own. Castles are grey, stone color, with patina which could add some green but all green. We just disagree. For me its not a big deal I'll just take them out and repaint them like we did with Dracula.
No matter what color any of that stuff is painted we can repaint it the way we like it!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Its just a very mossy castle in a damp region.

#1535 6 months ago

I think that Halloween could actually be a great sleeper title. Could be some good opportunities for those ‘pinball moments’ to happen in such a title. It’s been too long since I’ve seen the very first movie, but as I recall there was a lot of building suspense throughout the flick…it wasn’t all hack and slash in the beginning. Certainly not a theme for everyone, and I’m definitely not a fan of those types of films but I would certainly give Halloween a chance to win me over.

#1536 6 months ago

SAW

SAW (resized).jpg
#1537 6 months ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Not sure why those chose green either. Maybe it’s a castle covered in moss lol. With the dark lighting it appears darker in color tho. I may just paint them myself as well.

#1538 6 months ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Yep...a green castle is unheard of...does Alice Cooper own a nightmare castle? We gotta keep things real around here.

motu (resized).JPG
#1539 6 months ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

I've considered repainting my full ACNC set as well. Would be neat to see mossy/bloody, gray stone, and it would bring out more detail. Though I don't hate the green (even if a bit too monotone).

The BSD castle however...that was unacceptable (of course you've seen this old pic before, and I figure I'd start with a similar stone color if I paint ACNC).

4decf9f85c1af16fd50428fc12d045477e169486 (1) (resized).jpg
#1540 6 months ago

Wow those two Drac castles are amazing!! I wish I had the skills to paint mine like that!

#1541 6 months ago

It's purple, so it must be this!

A campy horror movie - Army of Darkness is my guess now.

ov3 (resized).jpg
#1542 6 months ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

Its just a very mossy castle in a damp region

You're right I wished I had known that. LOL

Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I may just paint them myself as well.

There is nothing saying we can't all repaint all the toys. Alice Cooper isn't the only castle that needs a repaint, lots of pinball games need some touch up. I've seen people take their White Water and make them ice caves to Dracula needing and overall paintjob. Nothing wrong with it... its your game do as you please.

Quoted from Medisinyl:

Though I don't hate the green

I think it looks a bit weird, but again to each their own. Getting back to the point when you see this LEAKED picture it sure does look like another castle doesn't it?

Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Army of Darkness is my guess now.

I was told its not Army of Darkness, however I must say I'd love Army of Darkness. Army of Darkness is one of the best cult classics ever!!!

#1543 6 months ago

So ... not AOD
and .... not Beetlejuice, nor He Man.

But .... Halloween ???
or for real .... Beetlejuice ???
and pretty sure .... Scooby Doo will follow in 2023.

#1544 6 months ago

Quick question to the people who previously bought a spooky pin. Do you have a better chance to get one if you go to spooky directly? Or go to a distributor? And If it’s with spooky do you call the day of release or do you order it through the website?

#1545 6 months ago
Quoted from MasterBlaster:

I think that Halloween could actually be a great sleeper title. Could be some good opportunities for those ‘pinball moments’ to happen in such a title. It’s been too long since I’ve seen the very first movie, but as I recall there was a lot of building suspense throughout the flick…it wasn’t all hack and slash in the beginning. Certainly not a theme for everyone, and I’m definitely not a fan of those types of films but I would certainly give Halloween a chance to win me over.

I think it would be a cool pin to play at other people's houses, absolutly, but would be tough to put in my house with kids. I know I've had games like TWD and what not, but Halloween would just be a bit more problematic.

Do we know who the designer is or who the coder is?

Quoted from Tablewicked:

Quick question to the people who previously bought a spooky pin. Do you have a better chance to get one if you go to spooky directly? Or go to a distributor? And If it’s with spooky do you call the day of release or do you order it through the website?

I always order direct from Spooky. Join their gang club. I need to renew my membership as well actually, I’ve been waiting to learn the theme before doing so.

#1546 6 months ago
Quoted from Tablewicked:

Talk to Nitro

#1547 6 months ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Do we know who the designer is or who the coder is?

It sounds like it was designed with input from everyone at Spooky.

#1548 6 months ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

It's purple, so it must be this!
A campy horror movie - Army of Darkness is my guess now. [quoted image]

Now we're getting somewhere!

#1549 6 months ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

I was told its not Army of Darkness, however I must say I'd love Army of Darkness. Army of Darkness is one of the best cult classics ever!!!

Hmm well, let's say that is correct...then what could it be. Could be He-Man (not my dream theme either)....but I go back to what's been discussed for some time. Something to do with Dracula (BL). It would make sense they went to the trouble to get the license for the swag AND make a pinball game, rather than pay for 2 different licenses.

#1550 6 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Hmm well, let's say that is correct...then what could it be. Could be He-Man (not my dream theme either)....but I go back to what's been discussed for some time. Something to do with Dracula (BL). It would make sense they went to the trouble to get the license for the swag AND make a pinball game, rather than pay for 2 different licenses.

A license for swag alone vs. swag AND a Pinball machine would be drastically different prices anyway. You would need two licenses for the latter.

There are 10,391 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 208.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside