7hPz.gif
IMG_6612 (resized).jpeg
harley-quinn-legends-of-the-dark-knight-1_dc-comics_silo (resized).png
tumblr_ndd9vhv4uu1qedb29o1_500.gif
IMG_1836 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1833 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1832 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 13,405 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 269.
#1451 2 years ago

We don't know at what angle the picture was taken, but I also thought they may have flipped the image, which is why I posted that turned image a few pages back. However, for the shadows, I believe it is a drawing and the shadows are angled to the drawing itself. Not an actual sculpt - at least the grey and red/yellow area. Purple may indeed be something else like a rail.

#1452 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

the shadows do not make sense so that is not the natural orientation of the actual drawing, it might have been auto rotated by the gyroscope in the phone and then rotated again by editing.

The phone was rotated at 36 degrees clockwise when it was taken.

#1453 2 years ago
Quoted from The_Casual:

The phone was rotated at 36 degrees clockwise when it was taken.

haha... I agree (?)

#1454 2 years ago

Even with that knowledge (you can get that from the jpg code??) you still need to know at what angle it was comparatively to the machine. It really doesn't help give us any more info.

I like this game though.

I still stand by my first 2 guesses: He-Man or Evil Dead/Army of Darkness. Probably completely wrong.

#1455 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I will say this, it's not God damn f'ing Beetlejuice.
This isn't a misdirection. IT IS NOT BEETLEJUICE.

Ah HA!

Betelgeuse confirmed!

#1456 2 years ago

My sources tell me its Kosmic Khaos. Art is updated "dune" area of the planet.

Kosmic (resized).jpgKosmic (resized).jpg

#1457 2 years ago

Dune confirmed.

#1458 2 years ago

Could it be Henry the Reds cloak?
AOD here we come! “Groovy”

02D414B7-B19C-4454-8A9D-3E2869D6A8CD (resized).jpeg02D414B7-B19C-4454-8A9D-3E2869D6A8CD (resized).jpeg
#1459 2 years ago

I think David Van Es is supposed to be designing the next game

Not sure who is on code

#1460 2 years ago

Isn’t he an animator?

Quoted from PunkPin:

I think David Van Es is supposed to be designing the next game
Not sure who is on code

#1461 2 years ago

Can you imagine Bruce Campbell doing callouts? Pure gold.

#1462 2 years ago
Quoted from oneballjab:

Could it be Henry the Reds cloak?
AOD here we come! “Groovy”

Ha! I thought of this too. I seriously checked the banners and outfits in AoD after that photo dropped.

#1463 2 years ago

Actually..Hold my beer. Someone already mentioned this (and I've been looking)...but..give me a few.

So...I dunno, but upon close examination...I think we might have a winner. Those aren't stones, and that isn't purple. It's tire tread, and that purple area is the outside of the next row of tread discoloration/shadowed.

aod2 (resized).jpgaod2 (resized).jpg
#1464 2 years ago

When will the next machine be announced? Are they waiting to send out the very last R&M first?

#1465 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Actually..Hold my beer. Someone already mentioned this (and I've been looking)...but..give me a few.
So...I dunno, but upon close examination...I think we might have a winner. Those aren't stones, and that isn't purple. It's tire tread, and that purple area is the outside of the next row of tread discoloration/shadowed.[quoted image]

I hope you are right, and that it’s the entire Trilogy and not just Army of Darkness.

#1467 2 years ago

72DB7D53-66B0-4A72-903D-C197A3DE2710.gif72DB7D53-66B0-4A72-903D-C197A3DE2710.gif4A41D2B1-6D0E-422C-9165-8A1BC72E7CAA.jpeg4A41D2B1-6D0E-422C-9165-8A1BC72E7CAA.jpeg

All this talk of castles made me think about Princess Bride. While that is not the next Spooky title, I’ll bet we’ve named the theme in this thread.

Spooky should give people what they most want - Beetlejuice or Scooby Doo. How about some more hints Ben?

#1468 2 years ago

Army of Darkness would be a killer pin.

Double barrel ball launcher. A spiked pit lower PF (or basement if doing trilogy) Lock balls on the 3 books in the graveyard. Topper of the steam punk Oldsmobile with the spinning blades.

Have a gag where the mech hand "crushes" the ball for the lock. Skeletons everywhere! A working windmill!

#1469 2 years ago

Ben sez not BJ, so I can relax, and my wallet can rest easy.

#1470 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Double barrel ball launcher. A spiked pit lower PF (or basement if doing trilogy) Lock balls on the 3 books in the graveyard. Topper of the steam punk Oldsmobile with the spinning blades.
Have a gag where the mech hand "crushes" the ball for the lock. Skeletons everywhere! A working windmill!

Where/when do I send my money?

#1471 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

It seems like a no brainer, and so much you could do...just depends on how much money you want to throw at it.

#1472 2 years ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

A sculpt like Alice Cooper Castle, of the China town Underworld?

Okay so I build and design attractions for living. I'm just saying Alice Cooper the castles got painted this awful purple, and I'm seeing the same thing here. Don't like the color purple for a castle but whatever anyway if that is indeed a castle then what could the game be?

Universal Studios Monsters - Army of Darkness

I'm trying to pick a title that CHARLIE would DREAM OF DOING. If he's a horror nut like me then growing up he would have loved watching Universal Studios Monsters, Godzilla, all these things you grew up on. Something with a castle... a CULT CLASSIC Army of Darkness or Universal Studios Horror Monsters.

I'd buy either one in a second, but again I really think Spooky should have done another line of 'CULT CLASSICS' like Airplane, Ferris Day Off, Fast Times, Blues Brothers, etc. We'll see what happens.

In the end its about taking the company to the next level, and although I love Horror I don't think this line is what gets you to the next level. Friday the 13th has such a big cult following and has had video games made from the property. I think that would be bigger but i'm excited to see something HORROR! I should say Horror Comedy if its Army of Darkness.

On Ranker 'Army of Darkness' is rated as the second best CULT CLASSIC of all time behind Anchor Man. https://www.ranker.com/list/cult-movies-and-films/reference

#1473 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

So...I dunno, but upon close examination...I think we might have a winner. Those aren't stones, and that isn't purple. It's tire tread, and that purple area is the outside of the next row of tread discoloration/shadowed.[quoted image]

It looks like tire tread but it is not an exact match, close, but different enough, and also similar enough. Also can be a boot.

#1474 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

benheck didn't you have this theme in the works a while ago? Or at least Evil Dead?

I couldn't give my money fast enough if the pin was anything around Evil Dead / Army of Darkness, or even Ash vs The Evil Dead show. All were fantastic, iconic, full of horror and great humor. Fantastic call outs and visuals. Honestly, the perfect pin for my tastes.

#1475 2 years ago

Will Bruce come out of retirement long enough to do callouts? Hopefully.

#1476 2 years ago
Quoted from damadczar:

benheck didn't you have this theme in the works a while ago? Or at least Evil Dead?
I couldn't give my money fast enough if the pin was anything around Evil Dead / Army of Darkness, or even Ash vs The Evil Dead show. All were fantastic, iconic, full of horror and great humor. Fantastic call outs and visuals. Honestly, the perfect pin for my tastes.

Yeah, as much as I love ACNC and have no desire to get rid of it (or Scared Stiff), they would be gone shortly after I locked in a spot for ED/AoD. There is no way I would miss out on owning that theme and it would be another one bolted to the floor.

#1477 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Will Bruce come out of retirement long enough to do callouts? Hopefully.

I know he's said he wouldn't play Ash anymore, but he's also recently voiced the character in mortal kombat video game, did he not? So I'd say the outlook is decent enough.

EDIT -- I think the MK11 thing was disproven a year ago, so it may be more difficult than I thought?

#1478 2 years ago

If Ben is talking about how cool an AoD would be, we know Spooky's next game is not going to be AoD.

#1479 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Isn’t he an animator?

Yes he has done animations for spooky but I think it was mentioned on a podcast he was designing the next game

#1480 2 years ago

I still say it seems odd they would go through the trouble to license the fang swag and license something completely different for a machine....

just sayin...

#1481 2 years ago

Klaatu Barada Nic(clear throat) .....

#1482 2 years ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

Believe it or not there is hardly a drop of blood shown in Halloween 1.
Mostly suspence.
It's not till part 2 in 1982, that things get red.
And Myer's only kills 5 that we know of in the film.
His Sister, tow truck driver, and Laurie's 3 friends.
Oh, and maybe a cat or raccoon.

I feel like a Halloween pin is gonna cover more than just part 1. And Myers is psychotic, he even kills a dog and eats its remains in part2, for fun - there will be blood.
If it is unique enough, It would be on my buy list. If not, It would probably fall to the "whim/trade" list. And it is my #1 favorite horror flick.

#1483 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I WANT ONE!

#1484 2 years ago

Looking at that teaser pic....maybe they picked up on my idea to create a pin based on the legend of King Arthur. A world-famous unlicensed theme. Possibly focusing on the adventures of Merlin. Halloween would be my top choice, but no one has the balls to make it. Too dark, too brutal, too bloody.

#1485 2 years ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

Looking at that teaser pic....maybe they picked up on my idea to create a pin based on the legend of King Arthur. A world-famous unlicensed theme. Possibly focusing on the adventures of Merlin.

07-MerlinsArcade (resized).png07-MerlinsArcade (resized).png

????

#1486 2 years ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

Looking at that teaser pic....maybe they picked up on my idea to create a pin based on the legend of King Arthur. A world-famous unlicensed theme. Possibly focusing on the adventures of Merlin. Halloween would be my top choice, but no one has the balls to make it. Too dark, too brutal, too bloody.

So we're back to Monty Python and the Holy Grail?

#1488 2 years ago

What if Ben is authorized to troll the truth and is actually revealing the features of the AOD / Evil Dead game . yeah , i want Evil Dead most of all

#1489 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Kind of like Munsters I wish somebody would just freaking make Beetlejuice already so it can not sell many copies and people will finally stop asking for it (kind of like Munsters)

....or it sells crazy like GB and these comments won't age well.

#1490 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Well since no one is making Beetlejuice, I think they will age fine.

#1491 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Yeah, I'm of the opinion that sales on Beetlejuice would be nothing like the Munsters....was anyone actually ASKING for Munsters? I have no idea why they would, other than thinking they could grasp at something Addams Family-esque...who knows.

But I think BJ would sell just fine.

#1492 2 years ago

It wasn't the theme that killed munsters..it was the gameplay.

#1493 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It’s probably somewhere in between.

Beetlejuice wasn’t Ghostbusters big, but it was a hit that spawned toys, a cartoon series, a recent musical, etc. Like saying the name three times is just as ingrained into pop culture subconscious as “don’t cross stream”

Munsters never escaped its era of a 60s show of a non-traditional family being just as relatable as any other family. (Thanks for solving racism Munsters!)

#1494 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

It wasn't the theme that killed munsters..it was the gameplay.

I am not sure why people are missing this. The game sold so well initially that they pushed it from 500 to 600 LE's after it was announced. The biggest complaints has always around the code, the lack of theme integration, and such.

#1495 2 years ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

There's another Knights of the Round table-based movie coming out soon, but I seriously doubt it's involved.

#1496 2 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

What if Ben is authorized to troll the truth and is actually revealing the features of the AOD / Evil Dead game . yeah , i want Evil Dead most of all

Wouldn't be surprised if it was his pin that's after this next one. The one he's working on with CGC/Spooky.

#1497 2 years ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

I've been saying this forever. A KING ARTHUR pin, done right, would be awesome. Even if Deeproot wasn't a giant dumpster fire, I wouldn't want the Merlin's Arcade they're talking about because it seems too childish. I'd like to see an Arthurian pin that is at least somewhat true to the original stories, not some goofy Disney-esque thing.

#1498 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

There's another Knights of the Round table-based movie coming out soon,

The Green Knight. A remake of the Sean Connery movie, Sword of the Valiant.

LTG : )

#1499 2 years ago

For some reason the pic reminds me of The Flinstones?! Can’t say why though

#1500 2 years ago

I'm in shambles over the no Beetlejuice news lol. Hopeful for princess bride

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allen Park, MI
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Mooshue's Market

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 80.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 45.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hastings, MN
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Protection
Gameroom Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Concord, NC
$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 13,405 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 269.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-2021-game-speculation-thread/page/30?hl=birdforce1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.