7hPz.gif
IMG_6612 (resized).jpeg
harley-quinn-legends-of-the-dark-knight-1_dc-comics_silo (resized).png
tumblr_ndd9vhv4uu1qedb29o1_500.gif
IMG_1836 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1833 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1832 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 13,405 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 269.
#51 3 years ago

Benton Bigfoot Boogeymen

#52 3 years ago

I hope they make another cartoon theme.

I heard scooby doo with an under play field.

#53 3 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

I hope they make another cartoon theme.
I heard scooby doo with an under play field.

I hope so!

5D2DD7FA-8E1F-4A79-A79E-70AF2089DD3E (resized).jpeg5D2DD7FA-8E1F-4A79-A79E-70AF2089DD3E (resized).jpeg
#54 3 years ago

Scooby doo would be great. I think this was my favorite cartoon, now I'm 53. I still have that nostalgia on Scooby. I have often thought a Scooby pin could rock.

I would like a Warner brothers / bugs bunny far less. But that one also has the nostalgia for some people.

How bout an outer limits?

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg
#55 3 years ago

BULL SHIT ART ISTS.

It's Greasy Strangler.

#56 3 years ago

The ideas I would love to see, but probably would not sell enough:

1. Lovecraft/Arkham Horror/Cthulhu- deep IP to mine with lots of directions you could go and a public domain option
2. Venture Bros. - IMO a better show than R&M, but I like 70s Doctor Who and so my preference is suspect.
3. Big Trouble in Little China

#57 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I’m with you .Would be all over a “Shining” pin but would take anything that will scare the shit outta me .

Holy f@#$ could you imagine a pin that wasntt only Horror themed, but actually designed to actually scare you!
programmed to do creepy shit, totally random turn on by itself and start a game, appear off, but say creepy crap at total random after crazy long periods, hologram hidden in backglass comes out during game play to eff with you and scare you into loosing your ball. occasionally takes over your game play and plays it self.
Hell Yeah!

#58 3 years ago
Quoted from Pyromedic:

Holy f@#$ could you imagine a pin that wasntt only Horror themed, but actually designed to actually scare you!
programmed to do creepy shit, totally random turn on by itself and start a game, appear off, but say creepy crap at total random after crazy long periods, hologram hidden in backglass comes out during game play to eff with you and scare you into loosing your ball. occasionally takes over your game play and plays it self.
Hell Yeah!

Yeah something like that is long overdue !

#59 3 years ago
Quoted from Pyromedic:

Hell Yeah!

It doesn’t even need a licensed theme .Just call it “possessed” and I like that what you said where the game takes over and plays and you do t know when you get control again .

#60 3 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

I would buy pretty much all of the above mentioned themes.
Other main stream horror/sci-fi titles I think could be cool:
Swamp Thing
Phantasm
Toxic Avenger
Hellraiser
The Thing
Dawn of the dead
Shaun of the dead
Zombieland
The fifth element
Serenity
Blade Runner
War of the worlds
They live
Pretty much anything horror, sci-fi or monster related.
Whatever it is, I’m in.
Let me know when to send a deposit.

Hellraiser would be a killer theme for me. Imagine Pinhead's face on the backglass looking down at you. Gives me chills thinking about it

#61 3 years ago

I have zero insider info so this is all WAG.

R&M is going quick/on time to be done in June ish.

We will see a limited and final run of TNA (2.0/ remix where it is the same game in a std cabinet and with the updated mods/add-ons). I would guess this will be extremely limited (150 or a timed release to meet exact demand of orders would be a cool think to do). That takes up 20ish weeks on the line with switch over and getting team rocking on that build again. TNA 2.0 is done around Oct.

We get the announcement of next title around Halloween 2021 with the game debut at the Nov MGC show (likely the first show back at a safe point in 2021). First 10 games delivered to the show and set up for play there.

As for title... I would love many of the ones already stated in the thread. I think niche adult comedy with cult followings work super well for the spooky model of 750-1000 games in a run. Voice assets/ music assets/ and a good license to work with is key to what they offer.

Biggest thing I would like to see for Spooky is slowing down the line to ensure more consistency and QC of build.
I see the primary lessons to be learned form R&M is they likely got just slightly too big too fast. Lots of new hands learning the ropes has caused some dumb mistakes. This needs to be addressed via "idiot proofing" a few things. Ex: dimple the tops side for precise rail placement is key. Bottom side is done and consistent. Top side needs that same engineering for play consistency.

Next biggest thing is concern over what code team they have. Eric P has set a new high bar. Spooky needs to bring on more support to code at this level and pace. Please invest in your code team Charlie

#62 3 years ago

Bevis and butthead would be amazing

#63 3 years ago

How about one based on that Identity movie.....Scary rain effects..Or 13 Ghost movie...

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0309698/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

#64 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I'm seeing a trend here.
Custom Bruce Campbell callouts would GROOVY!

Godmode theme.
- allright you primitive pin-heads. Listen up!

Really hard to see a better suited theme for spooky.

#65 3 years ago

Tna 2.0 would be a great time filler while next game is being tweaked.

#66 3 years ago

How about Spooky take on Sterns superhero themes with The Boyz Pinball!?

Butchers quotes alone would be worth the price of admission.

55698D89-9A10-451D-A9F3-536BAED4D1FF.gif55698D89-9A10-451D-A9F3-536BAED4D1FF.gifB8C5BDE1-0E29-4FDC-AF30-DCBB84874BF5.gifB8C5BDE1-0E29-4FDC-AF30-DCBB84874BF5.gif
#67 3 years ago

I can't believe I didn't think of this one before but "Todd and the Book of Pure Evil" would make a great pin.

If you haven't seen it go check it out. It's a TV series with similarities to Evil Dead but metal themed. It's great. Probably too unknown to sell well as it was only on for 2 seasons. I think some of it you can watch on Youtube now.

#68 3 years ago

Seeings how Spooky loves to release music themes - Rob Zombie and Alice Cooper, as does the whole industry (see Stern and JJP’s efforts). I think Spooky should stick to a theme with heavy musical elements. Given they like quirky and spooky stuff too and that leads me to suggest 3 themes for 2021 -> Weird Al, Pee Wee’s Adventures or Wayne’s World. Wayne & Garth would be highly coveted.

4EC2C618-7410-47E4-AF2D-58F9499BC196.jpeg4EC2C618-7410-47E4-AF2D-58F9499BC196.jpeg

#69 3 years ago

How about the Tick.

#70 3 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

How about the Tick.

"Look to the West, Little Wooden Boy!"

#71 3 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

How about the Tick.

Inspired choice. Instant theme based purchase if based on the 90’s cartoon...

#72 3 years ago

Already been done once..

#73 3 years ago
Quoted from Pyromedic:

Hell Yeah!

Oh man, talk about theme integration!!

#74 3 years ago

I'd be down for a Nightmare Before Christmas pin.

1 month later
#75 3 years ago

As Spooky continues to fill out their run of Rick and Morty Machines, it looks more and more likely SPOOKY will be doing TNA 2.0 next. Danesi has said that he is updating the code for 2.0, and will drop new code along with it's release that will work on the first run machines already produced, so a huge code update is coming up... yay Danesi, yay Spooky!

Danesi TWIP quote from Just Another Pinball Podcast:
Scott Danesi: I have some big things planned for when TNA gets rerun. So I have been working on the software. And when TNA rerun happens, I am going to launch code for that game which is also backwards compatible with existing machines. Everyone wins…the TNA games that come out, the remake ones are going to be wired the same way, they will have the same computers in them. They will be as same as possible to the originals, because I want the code to run on [both].

As a TNA owner, I'm excited to see how my game changes.

However, we are still no closer to knowing what the next Spooky game after TNA 2.0 is.

They obviously had a hit with Rick and Morty, but I don't know what could be next for them that they could possibly get that would get that kind of reception. I think it more likely that they will do another horror theme, but still have no idea.

Does the rumour mill have any ideas?

#76 3 years ago

Please do Megadeth!!

#77 3 years ago

Hell of and idea kind sir.

Predator or Robocop, would 100% be my first Spooky pin.

#78 3 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

They obviously had a hit with Rick and Morty, but I don't know what could be next for them that they could possibly get that would get that kind of reception. I think it more likely that they will do another horror theme, but still have no idea.
Does the rumour mill have any ideas?

If they get evil dead and campbell to do call outs. It would be so bloody awesome, also lots of great things in the movies usable in a pinball machine.

#79 3 years ago

As much as I want a badass evil dead pin..please not yet. My wallet and space can't take it

#80 3 years ago

Richard B. Riddrick

#81 3 years ago
#82 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

If they get evil dead and campbell to do call outs. It would be so bloody awesome, also lots of great things in the movies usable in a pinball machine.

If it is Evil Dead I’m in 100%.
My wife would probably divorce me if I didn’t buy it.

All BS aside though, I’m pretty much down for whatever they have coming up. We have 3 Spooky at the moment and looking forward to adding a 4th.
Would still like to get a TNA if the right one presents itself as well.

#83 3 years ago

Just do Ramones already.

Before they do the next one, they really should finish the code for their earlier games. People are still waiting for the Dominos code. I'm still waiting for RZ. The wait time is getting ridiculous and it's highly disappointing how little they care. Probably gonna prevent me from buying another Spooky title anytime soon.

#84 3 years ago

Whatever Spooky does,I hope they build it better than R&M! Horrible build!

#86 3 years ago

TNA 2.0 with better playfield artwork and mysterious enhanced code and I’m in. So following that, what do i want to see from Spooky ???

I’d like Halloween or Scary Movie or South Park or Predator or Five Finger Death Punch. All of which Spooky could do well.

#87 3 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

I would buy pretty much all of the above mentioned themes.
Other main stream horror/sci-fi titles I think could be cool:
Swamp Thing
Phantasm
Toxic Avenger
Hellraiser
The Thing
Dawn of the dead
Shaun of the dead
Zombieland
The fifth element
Serenity
Blade Runner
War of the worlds
They live
Pretty much anything horror, sci-fi or monster related.
Whatever it is, I’m in.
Let me know when to send a deposit.

OMG. what a great list. Swamp Thing I think I would prepay full price right now.

#88 3 years ago
Quoted from LordHumungus:

Hell of and idea kind sir.
Predator or Robocop, would 100% be my first Spooky pin.

these would be hard to pass up

#89 3 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Please do Megadeth!!

can you imagine the art package on a Megadeth pin. Yes please

#90 3 years ago
Quoted from Lame33:

3. Big Trouble in Little China

No brainer here

#91 3 years ago

Themes I'd like to see Spooky tackle would include:

1) Scooby Doo
2) King of Tokyo (Board Game)
3) Haunted Mansion
4) Universal Monsters
5) Nightmare Before Christmas

#92 3 years ago

Spooky + SAW + loads of mechs/traps = instant by from me!

#93 3 years ago

Sounds like TNA 2.0 is up next. From what Charlie has said in the last few months Spooky has it's next 3 or 4 games planned.

I'm praying that one is a John Carpenter film.
Big trouble in little China
Escape from New York
The Thing
Prince of Darkness
Halloween
They Live.

I'll take any of the above.

Message from the Freeeek Kingdom.

#94 3 years ago

Would anyone here like to see this cult classic given the spooky treatment?
“Wolfman’s got Nards”
1DBCA3A3-FBFE-49B5-BA95-C29A17E9DDC4 (resized).jpeg1DBCA3A3-FBFE-49B5-BA95-C29A17E9DDC4 (resized).jpeg

1 week later
#95 3 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Whatever Spooky does,I hope they build it better than R&M! Horrible build!

You can’t make a statement like that without some more information. What are your issues?

#96 3 years ago

The idea that you have to do so many "fixes" and the bass rattle, and the fan noise, flipper cooling fans, pf issues galore! The ship has sailed on this title!!

#97 3 years ago

I’ve got a Rick & Morty on location. It’s holding up great. I had to do very few things out of the gate.

#98 3 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

The idea that you have to do so many "fixes" and the bass rattle, and the fan noise, flipper cooling fans, pf issues galore! The ship has sailed on this title!!

*%^$ you're painful.

#99 3 years ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

*%^$ you're painful.

Lol. This.

#100 3 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Broken record from someone who has never physically owned the game and has bashed Spooky from the start.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

7,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Blue Bell, PA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 11.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

10,500 (OBO)
$ 49.99
$ 13,500.00
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 100.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 13,405 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 269.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-2021-game-speculation-thread/page/2?hl=krupps4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.