NightGallery-KeyArt-Logo-Show-Tile-1920x10801 (resized).jpg
MV5BMTA1OTY4MTA5MjBeQTJeQWpwZ15BbWU4MDgzMTU5MDMx._V1_ (resized).jpg
sf (resized).jpg
tlsf (resized).jpg
polkaparty (resized).jpg
way2 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10,398 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 208.
#1301 6 months ago
Quoted from DruTheFu:

Spooky Scooby = Take. My. Money.

Same. But also if they are set on 1,000 that won't be enough to satisfy demand, so I would be OK if it came down the road when production numbers can be ramped up.

#1302 6 months ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

Same. But also if they are set on 1,000 that won't be enough to satisfy demand, so I would be OK if it came down the road when production numbers can be ramped up.

I'd be lined up F5'ing on order day like I did with R&M, yesteryear San Diego Comic Con tix, Mondo/Bottleneck Gallery print releases, etc. When there is a will, there is a way!

#1303 6 months ago
Quoted from DruTheFu:

I swear some of you would buy a Keeping Up with the Kardashians pin because Spooky made it. Talk about a real "horror" theme....

10B453E9-54E5-4A0C-B783-62A62D110DB8 (resized).jpeg
#1304 6 months ago

Halloween never did anything for me....but, my wife loves it. It's hard to imagine it working for pinball with a silent bad guy, though. I love my Dracula, and part of that is Dracula's callouts. Horror icons like Freddy or Chucky...they talk a lot (and can be funny, too). Michael Meyers? Eh.

Well, we'll see...gotta see it all first before making a decision.

#1305 6 months ago

I’d pass on Nightmare on Elm Street as well... would just feel weird playing a pin where the main character is a pedophile that was burned alive by townspeople and he kills children in barfy ways...in their dreams. It’s not really...fun, ya’know? I think Friday 13th makes a lot of sense for a pin (especially with the loose ruleset I posted awhile back) It’s just scary enough, juuust gruesome enough without being disgusting and the camp slasher chase and run would play out nicely on a table if done well.

Quoted from Zablon:

I love the movies, but I'm in the camp that it seems lacking since it has a silent antagonist and the doc is dead. A Freddy game sounds better (done right). Not a must have for me, so if true, it gives me some time.

#1306 6 months ago

If they do Halloween the game would never end Even if u defeated Michael Meyers he would just get back up and come after u again . Knives ? Fire ? Shotgun ? Running him over ?
Think again !

#1307 6 months ago

I really hope it's Halloween - that would be amazing!!!

Spooky's already done Rob Zombie Spook Show so makes sense to work with Rob Zombie again with Halloween.

RZ versions of H1 and H2 were great!!

#1308 6 months ago

So excited. This is a day 1 must have for me. I'm a die hard Halloween fan. The possibilities are endless in this game. I hope they use some type of projector or something like pinball 2000 where Michael Myers is constantly moving around the Playfield and you are constantly trying to run away from him. Man this is exciting. Just think of the atmosphere with all the pumpkins and Halloween decorations around the Playfield. I'm hoping the original myers house is the main toy kinda like house of horrors but better

#1309 6 months ago

If it is Halloween, but they use the Rob Zombie ones, I'll be extremely disappointed. Leave those garbage versions out, please. If you're going to do Halloween, do the original.

#1310 6 months ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Halloween never did anything for me....but, my wife loves it. It's hard to imagine it working for pinball with a silent bad guy, though. I love my Dracula, and part of that is Dracula's callouts. Horror icons like Freddy or Chucky...they talk a lot (and can be funny, too). Michael Meyers? Eh.
Well, we'll see...gotta see it all first before making a decision.

Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I’d pass on Nightmare on Elm Street as well... would just feel weird playing a pin where the main character is a pedophile that was burned alive by townspeople and he kills children in barfy ways...in their dreams. It’s not really...fun, ya’know? I think Friday 13th makes a lot of sense for a pin (especially with the loose ruleset I posted awhile back) It’s just scary enough, juuust gruesome enough without being disgusting and the camp slasher chase and run would play out nicely on a table if done well.

My idea for a F the 13th pin would be a generic theme. You the player are a camper at Crystal lake, modes starts innocently enough you gotta do the daily 'camp' things (hitting certain shots). Maybe there's a number of additional campers represented in some manner that start to 'disappear'. Your callout narrator is a camp counseler that directs you through the shots and modes, and warns you about Jason, etc and the game play gets more hectic as you progress with most modes being running from Jason/ trying to stop Jason. Is the actress that played his mother still alive? She could do some callouts too.

To me, this approach solves a few problems inherent on Friday the 13th (and Halloween as well, except there are fewer 'people' that makes sense to do callouts on a Halloween theme).

Or anotherwords, use the properties, not the movies. Make the game its own movie. (The opposite of R&M really). The reason for this is just as someone mentioned, you never really kill these monsters. So you could essentially make your own story within the game and never break canon.

Now, for Evil Dead..you could either do this as well, or use the movies, ala R&M.

#1311 6 months ago
Quoted from Capn12:

If it is Halloween, but they use the Rob Zombie ones, I'll be extremely disappointed. Leave those garbage versions out, please. If you're going to do Halloween, do the original.

I agree completely. A machine based on the original, or even the original film series (I love III like a lot of others do) could be really cool. It wouldn't be my top choice, but I'd be very interested. If based on those crappy RZ reboots though, my money is safe. Killer rednecks are mostly a grating and unimaginative horror sub-genre since the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre, no matter how much RZ tries to prove me wrong.

#1312 6 months ago

I’d be into it if the player is Michael Myers going on a murder spree. Chase insert victims around, escape from being chased, break out of confined areas.

Idk. I just want to see a pinball machine where you’re the bad guy (see also my pitch for a Jaws game where you’re the shark).

Also helps deal with the fact that Michael Myers is a total blank slate.

#1313 6 months ago

Friday the 13, is so much juicier...imagine this pin:

- Game has three independent game types embedded a la TMNT coop or JPs Escape Nublar Mini mode:
1-play as Jason alone (single player) single timed ball game where you have to kill all the campers. Jason can obtain multis by breaking team ups by campers. Plays like Safecracker basically.
2-play as a camper (single player) you team up with other campers by ripping spinner to collect 1. Pop bumper hits for 2. Ramp shots for 3 etc and total number of campers collected are reflected in the number of balls in various multi modes. As you drain balls your camper dies. Jason can also kill campers/balls in lock position if his moving insert captures them at a ball lock position. ( Jason moves like Dinosaurs in JP, quicker and more random by how agitated he is)
Finally...
3-CO-OP MODE: one player plays as Jason. Single timed ball ( playable time is determined by the campers ball times ) Jason can steal multiballs by break team ups but is granted no easily obtainable multiball. Campers are played by up to 5 other players, who can team up in game against Jason with whomever they collect with Team Up shots. Jason should be played by the most advanced player in your group, and noobs should be collected quickly by more advanced camper players so they don’t get picked off.

Could you IMAGINE how addictive that game play would be?!?!?

Quoted from Zablon:

My idea for a F the 13th pin would be a generic theme. You the player are a camper at Crystal lake, modes starts innocently enough you gotta do the daily 'camp' things (hitting certain shots). Maybe there's a number of additional campers represented in some manner that start to 'disappear'. Your callout narrator is a camp counseler that directs you through the shots and modes, and warns you about Jason, etc and the game play gets more hectic as you progress with most modes being running from Jason/ trying to stop Jason. Is the actress that played his mother still alive? She could do some callouts too.
To me, this approach solves a few problems inherent on Friday the 13th (and Halloween as well, except there are fewer 'people' that makes sense to do callouts on a Halloween theme).
Or anotherwords, use the properties, not the movies. Make the game its own movie. (The opposite of R&M really). The reason for this is just as someone mentioned, you never really kill these monsters. So you could essentially make your own story within the game and never break canon.
Now, for Evil Dead..you could either do this as well, or use the movies, ala R&M.

#1314 6 months ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:Friday the 13, is so much juicier...imagine this pin:
- Game has three independent game types embedded a la TMNT coop or JPs Escape Nublar Mini mode:
1-play as Jason alone (single player) single timed ball game where you have to kill all the campers. Jason can obtain multis by breaking team ups by campers. Plays like Safecracker basically.
2-play as a camper (single player) you team up with other campers by ripping spinner to collect 1. Pop bumper hits for 2. Ramp shots for 3 etc and total number of campers collected are reflected in the number of balls in various multi modes. As you drain balls your camper dies. Jason can also kill campers/balls in lock position if his moving insert captures them at a ball lock position. ( Jason moves like Dinosaurs in JP, quicker and more random by how agitated he is)
Finally...
3-CO-OP MODE: one player plays as Jason. Single timed ball ( playable time is determined by the campers ball times ) Jason can steal multiballs by break team ups but is granted no easily obtainable multiball. Campers are played by up to 5 other players, who can team up in game against Jason with whomever they collect with Team Up shots. Jason should be played by the most advanced player in your group, and noobs should be collected quickly by more advanced camper players so they don’t get picked off.
Could you IMAGINE how addictive that game play would be?!?!?

Only thing is, the majority of players don't care about co-op, multi, or tourney play. Pinball is mostly a single player experience. Mostly.

#1315 6 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Only thing is, the majority of players don't care about co-op, multi, or tourney play. Pinball is mostly a single player experience. Mostly.

I once heard Lyman Sheats say that over 80% of pinball games played are single player based on audits from field tests.

Lots of people genuinely don’t know how to start multiplayer, let alone more advance play features. Heck even the flashing start button trips up some people.

#1316 6 months ago

Sure, well then you can play a single player game as Jason or a single player game as a camper where you collect/save other campers for team ups that reward: extra ball, bonus multiplyer, add-a-ball, weapons etc etc. The actual Co-op play is really just icing on the cake.

(the co-op on TMNT is sick. People should maybe...learn how to add credits and choose a game mode cauuuse it’s fun as hell)

Quoted from Zablon:

#1317 6 months ago

The theme music alone would set suspenseful shots. 82B0AE35-529B-46AD-8CC4-F19244E29C7C.gif

#1318 6 months ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I once heard Lyman Sheats say that over 80% of pinball games played are single player based on audits from field tests.
Lots of people genuinely don’t know how to start multiplayer, let alone more advance play features. Heck even the flashing start button trips up some people.

Yea I experienced this first hand last weekend. My dad..even after playing 5 different games, still didn't grasp that you hit the start button on the front to start a game as he moved down the line....

#1319 6 months ago

You’re thinking of the wrong Halloween. It’s really:

56D04366-6977-43DF-A21D-457A3801CBBD (resized).jpeg
#1320 6 months ago
Quoted from curban:

You’re thinking of the wrong Halloween. It’s really:[quoted image]

That was a surprisingly good movie. It may very well become a cult classic at some point.

#1321 6 months ago

Its got to be this cult classic!

zombeavers (resized).jpg
#1322 6 months ago

Welp guess not

6FCF7DD7-DA17-4049-B14D-319E1DF69165 (resized).jpeg
#1323 6 months ago

ALice Cooper vault?

That pic doesn't help me at all lol.

#1324 6 months ago

Looks like a part of a chain saw to me. Evil Dead here we come.

#1326 6 months ago

With Side-boob armor plating

#1327 6 months ago

Come on there has to be some smart nerd on here that will see that and know exactly what it is.....looks like Godzilla to me.....

#1328 6 months ago

That doesn't look like 'Halloween' to me. Maybe it is Scooby Doo after all?

#1329 6 months ago
Quoted from insight75:

Come on there has to be some smart nerd on here that will see that and know exactly what it is.....looks like Godzilla to me.....

Yep , those black things looks likes kind of scales !?

#1330 6 months ago
Quoted from insight75:

My first thought was it looked like the art for Medieval Madness..which of course we know it is not

1. The red yellow could be flags/banners
2. I thought the grey looked like stone / stone walls (thus my Alice vault comment).
3. Can't tell what the purple is.

Dammit...it better not be Army of Darkness...

#1331 6 months ago

It most definitely not Godzilla. Elwin is working on Godzilla for Stern as we speak.

Quoted from Baboon:

Yep , those black things looks likes kind of scales !?

#1332 6 months ago

It really looks medievally.... (I think I made up a word)

#1333 6 months ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

It most definitely not Godzilla. Elwin is working on Godzilla for Stern as we speak.

Ok so no Godzilla scales there ....
Hahaha Feeling mischievous...Spooky ...devil you

#1334 6 months ago
Quoted from insight75:

Only thing I can think is Army of Darkness...

But...do the old vampire movies also have that?

#1335 6 months ago
Quoted from insight75:

The red/yellow /purple trashed stuff ...not medieval

#1336 6 months ago

That’s a Predator heat vision image. They would kill the market with this title IMO.

#1337 6 months ago
Quoted from Baboon:

The red/yellow /purple trashed stuff ...not medieval

The red/yellow definitely is..as is purple (royalty) granted.

That DEFINITELY looks like a wavy banner hanging on a wall...

#1338 6 months ago

What if it is He-Man? there's a new He-Man show by Kevin Smith coming out soon.

heman (resized).JPG
#1339 6 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

What if it is He-Man? there's a new He-Man show by Kevin Smith coming out soon.

that be awesome but

#1340 6 months ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Yeah.

Once you've been around the general public trying to pinball it's an eye-opener. We had security cams on the pins for the route I helped with and there were a LOT of very confused first-timers over the years. I saved some of them.

This teen girl manages to get the game started, pulls the plunger, then calls for help when the action button isn't operating the flippers (which she calls "flapper things"). Her older, more experienced helper shows her the flipper buttons. She's good to go from there. But yeah, this is not an isolated case.
cant understand pinball controls.gif

#1341 6 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah.
Once you've been around the general public trying to pinball it's an eye-opener. We had security cams on the pins for the route I helped with and there were a LOT of very confused first-timers over the years. I saved some of them.
This teen girl manages to get the game started, pulls the plunger, then calls for help when the action button isn't operating the flippers (which she calls "flapper things." Her older, more experienced helper shows her the flipper buttons. She's good to go from there. But yeah, this is not an isolated case.[quoted image]

Amazing stuff!

#1342 6 months ago

Hopefully they'll continue this and pan out every so slightly each day leading to the reveal.

My first guess is He-Man at this point
Then Army of Darkness (but...I feel it should just be Evil Dead in general...and I'm not really seeing any art that would match what they show here).

#1343 6 months ago

It looks to me like a shot specifically picked to revel absolutely nothing about the machine. Guess away.

#1344 6 months ago

Castlevania.

#1345 6 months ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

It looks to me like a shot specifically picked to revel absolutely nothing about the machine. Guess away.

I'm sure it is..but keen people have solved riddles with less.

#1346 6 months ago

I do get some He-Man vibes from that and I wouldn’t hate it! But I also can’t imagine Spooky picking that for some reason.

Quoted from Zablon:

What if it is He-Man? there's a new He-Man show by Kevin Smith coming out soon.[quoted image]

#1347 6 months ago

The Crow!!!!!!!!! Best soundtrack of all time

Quoted from drfrightner:

Well you've narrowed it down by a lot but let me just say you're not giving me much hope here. You just trashed 'Goonies' one of the single most iconic movies from the 80's. Goonies is beloved still to this day just like Ferris, Fast Times, Blues Brothers, or Ghostbusters.
Let me say this I know more about Horror than probably anyone on this thread. I can only say when I see some of these suggestions like House of a 1000 Corpses or even Texas Chainsaw I cringe.
These movies are niche movies with little following and would be a GIANT step back for Spooky if you ask me. You took a giant LEAP forward with a very popular cartoon, why wouldn't the follow up head into that direction?
When you mention horror or anything in that World, I think about Iconic Movies that still live and breath today. Movies that have become Iconic and followed by even non-horror fans. Texas Chainsaw isn't one of them. All the reboots, all the remakes of Texas Chainsaw have bombed... that tells you something.
You need Lost Boys and why does Lost Boys work because its horror mixed with some comedy. Or you need something that is one of the more highly licensed properties like the original Universal Studios Monster line. You need something with an appear that stretches out of the pinside community.
If we're going to focus strictly on horror Jason, Freddy and Myers are the big three not Leatherface.
I'm guessing to take another leap FORWARD not backwards it has to be a property with wide appeal.
if you ask me if I'm digging into the horror world I'm going with Universal Studios Monsters - Halloween - Jason - Lost Boys - or something really Iconic like The Shinning. No matter what theme it has to be something where you can get the assets which probably excludes The Shinning, Silence of the Lambs, and puts you back with something like The Lost Boys.
Or how about The Crow with that amazing soundtrack the movie has become a CULT CLASSIC! Please don't let it be Texas Chainsaw or something like House of a 1000 Corpses.
And Goonies that is a MUST MAKE TITLE... if Stern does that title it sell 3000 copies instantly. Whomever does Beetlejuice again another 3000 machines SOLD!
Just my opinion. In the end I guess it just depends are you trying to sell 2000 copies or 3 to 500 copies. Theme matters every single time. Given the success you had with MR I would think you'd want to follow that up with something really Iconic. I guess we shall see.

#1348 6 months ago
Quoted from riggy469:

Welp guess not
[quoted image]

Back to Beetlejuice with this snap. No way this is Halloween.

#1349 6 months ago

Rewatch the spooky hint video.

Everything is done in three.

Beetlejuice
Beetlejuice
Beetlejuice

There are even 3 R&M behind them....

#1350 6 months ago

Using my very special set of CSI skills: Zoom in, enhance, enhance, enhance, enhance, reverse image

Stone bridge/walkway with a banner hanging from it.
spooky1 (resized).jpg

There are 10,398 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 208.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside