83721fa5cd1beae8a2cf2251eefffe3c (resized).jpeg
mme (resized).png
IMG_6061 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0916 (resized).jpeg
972503_981de8e56aa54690872a216de1d17874~mv2 (resized).jpg
IMG_0786 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0787 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 13,352 posts in this topic. You are on page 263 of 268.
#13101 83 days ago

I would be in for Texas Chainsaw massacre. Im not a fan of bugs bunny, he really really irritates me.

#13102 83 days ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I would be in for Texas Chainsaw massacre. Im not a fan of bugs bunny, he really really irritates me.

Bugs.1 (resized).jpegBugs.1 (resized).jpeg

#13105 83 days ago

Looks freaking awesome.

#13106 83 days ago

Now, those are pinball machines! Puts those overpriced, empty Stern pins to shame.

#13107 83 days ago

Seems cool, definitely the TCM trailer was way more effective(it was VERY effective), also layout was probably designed for that game. But my initial quick impression, is that it seems like a fun layout.

#13108 83 days ago

Both look very fun. No NIB for me from any manufacturer right now. Well done Spooky!

#13109 83 days ago

Waaaay more impressed than I expected to be. Not that I don't like Spooky or their pins, I do. I have to watch a few more times these look packed.

#13110 83 days ago
Quoted from manadams:

Will be interesting to see what the music is like for both these titles, part of the reason I love Halloween is the iconic Carpenter soundtrack but drawing a blank on what music would fit either of these.

Looney TUNES - music was the basis of all the classic cartoons. I hope they lean into Carl Stalling & Raymond Scott vs. the classical music they’re using in the trailer.

#13111 83 days ago

'All switches torture Pam' Genius! Love it

#13112 83 days ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Since the playfields/hardware are likely the same I wonder if it will be possible to play LT code on a TCM and vise versa? that would essentially give you 2 games/rule-sets for the price of one. In the past when this was done the rule-sets were essentially the same, but in this case it would be like having 2 completely different games.

No. They locked HWN/UM down, Im sure they will do the same here.

Also, is Bruce Cambell that big of star where he could not take $$$ for something that will probably not come around again?

#13113 83 days ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Also, is Bruce Cambell that big of star where he could not take $$$ for something that will probably not come around again?

I literally said this exact thing out loud to one of my drivers just a few minutes ago.

#13115 83 days ago

Priepke on code for Looney Tunes?

That's a sell point, no doubt.

#13116 83 days ago
Quoted from Jblock22:

Is there any real buzz around an Evil Dead / Army of Darkness pin from Spooky? The callouts write themselves and it needs to happen while the acting legend Bruce Campbell is still with us. I'm POSITIVE he would love to come and record lines for a machine.
So many "areas" and toys to potentially use as well:
Cabin
Woods
Broken Bridge
Oldsmobile Delta 88
severed hand
animated trees
fruit cellar subway shot (where cheryl pops up at times out of it almost like the "spot shot" in munsters, could also play a clip of "hush little baby" when she does)
OR have the fruit cellar be a multiball lock and have an audio shoutout be "there's someone in my fruit cellarrrr" MULTIBALL!
Necronomicon
work shed
different modes utilizing the chainsaw and sawed off shotgun
and that's JUST for evil dead! You could basically make a horror themed medieval madness machine with Army of Darkness.
I'm salivating just thinking about all the possibilities. Would be a day 1 buy for me for sure.

I'd rather see an Ash Vs Pinball mashup theme. Assets from all movies, and not committed to one over the other.

#13117 83 days ago
Quoted from nickrivers:

I'd rather see an Ash Vs Pinball mashup theme. Assets from all movies, and not committed to one over the other.

The problem is multiple studios own the movies. I would imagine it's a total nightmare trying to work with multiple studios everyone wants to be paid then its not cost effective. I think that is why they pick one movie and get all the rights to that one.

#13118 83 days ago

#13119 83 days ago

TCM looks cool. Can't wait to flip either of them.

#13120 83 days ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

The problem is multiple studios own the movies. It would imagine be a total nightmare trying to work with multiple studios. I think that is why they pick one movie and get all the rights to that one.

Personally, I'm not a fan of AoD. Probably because I didn't see it as a kid and then watched Evil Dead before I finally saw it. But most of my friends loved it as kids and then as adults realized it was part of Evil Dead.

That being said, you either go Evil Dead 2, shed basement, chainsaw, deer mount, etc., or AoD, mini Ashs, the pit, medieval shit. Ugh boring.

Easiest is probably the Ash Vs Pin idea with NO movie assets. All original, S mart stuff, the car, Necronomicon, chainsaw/boomstick. Basically just the stuff they own from the IP.

#13121 83 days ago

Never seen TCM I’m not really a huge horror fan but that looks bad ass cool. Definitely tcm is the better game. Looks like they did the layout for that theme then altered to looney tunes.

#13122 83 days ago

Looney Tunes looks fun and the family-friendliness will be a factor. But I'm out of NIB. Not paying NIB prices + exchange + 13% tax.

#13123 83 days ago
Quoted from dr_nybble:

Looney Tunes looks fun and the family-friendliness will be a factor. But I'm out of NIB. Not paying NIB prices + exchange + 13% tax.

Well if someone can smuggle in migrants from another country. Im sure you could drive here pay and smuggle a machine back

#13124 83 days ago

Wow I really think Spooky should did a fantastic job with these 2 licenses. I still don't understand why other companies haven't did 2 themes 1 lay out. With the short vids of each its definitely looks like both have amazing call outs as always killer art packages and just the cool factor. Not sure us cry baby pinheads honestly deserve such a cool company make us games but THANKFULLY we got Spooky.

#13125 83 days ago

Damn man, TCM looks awesome. I’m going to have some hard choices to make.

#13126 83 days ago
Quoted from dragdaily12:

Wow I really think Spooky should did a fantastic job with these 2 licenses. I still don't understand why other companies haven't did 2 themes 1 lay out. With the short vids of each its definitely looks like both have amazing call outs as always killer art packages and just the cool factor. Not sure us cry baby pinheads honestly deserve such a cool company make us games but THANKFULLY we got Spooky.

While I like what Spooky does, I'm not sure spending 8-12k on pinball machines (in general) and expecting quality parts and complete code makes us crybabies.

#13127 83 days ago
Quoted from Zablon:

While I like what Spooky does, I'm not sure spending 8-12k on pinball machines (in general) and expecting quality parts and complete code makes us crybabies.

Good news you can go buy Stern pros/premiums over and over as they whore out the same garbage lol. I have a whole room of Stern also this is jab at them is not from a fan boy mindset.

#13128 83 days ago
Quoted from dragdaily12:

Good news you can go buy Stern pros/premiums over and over as they whore out the same garbage lol. I have a whole room of Stern also this is jab at them is not from a fan boy mindset.

You misunderstand. I'm referring to pinball in general. People like to kid themselves that these companies are 'doing us a favor'. They are not.

#13129 83 days ago

Prices are all higher for each iteration than Scooby, but Standard is a lot higher(+$500 vs. +$100-$200). Wonder if they thought of ditching the Standard altogether.

#13130 83 days ago
Quoted from Zablon:

You misunderstand. I'm referring to pinball in general. People like to kid themselves that these companies are 'doing us a favor'. They are not.

Not sure why you are following this page? Most of us are excited the little guys are making creative interesting games. It's not unrealistic to see one of our choices out of business in the next few years. So I'm definitely thankful our hobby has Spooky.

#13131 83 days ago
Quoted from dragdaily12:

Not sure why you are following this page? Most of us are excited the little guys are making creative interesting games. It's not unrealistic to see one of our choices out of business in the next few years. So I'm definitely thankful our hobby has Spooky.

My response was to your 'pinballers are crybabies' comment. Has nothing to do with Spooky. I agree with you that I am glad Spooky exists.

#13132 83 days ago

Pinheads are crybabies, yes. It a on going joke we all embrace except you apparently. As a community myself included. Didn't say you personally. I said "us"

#13133 83 days ago

awesome, how much is it and do they make a CE?

#13134 83 days ago
Quoted from Faust:

awesome, how much is it and do they make a CE?

$8,299 Standard
$8,999 Blood Sucker
$9,699 Collector

#13135 83 days ago
Quoted from dragdaily12:

I know. Stern should make a Shrek pin based on the Family Guy layout. That would be cool.

#13136 83 days ago

wonder how much for butter cab now?

#13137 83 days ago

TCM looks like TWD level of horror game and will probably end up in every horror fans' lineup.
LT looks like a throwback to colour + design we haven't seen in pinball in a long long time, and I hope it does really well at family locations.

4 flippers and 4 ramps on each, and each upper flipper has a shot hidden underneath it? That's really cool.
I love the corkscrew ball-lock mech on the left side.
Layout and design look great for both, all up to code now.

#13138 82 days ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

wonder how much for butter cab now?

#13139 82 days ago

I may only have a dead pool but I would love to have at least one machine from Stern, JJP, Spooky and American. I do like Total Nuclear Annihilation but that Looney Tunes is looking mighty nice

#13140 80 days ago

So total number of games would be 1776 maybe that has something to do with the Goonies being there next game. Meaning all the families had to sign away there homes and all there memories and move but at the end they tore the contract up. Maybe signing is the clue

#13141 80 days ago

The latest releases are good themes but I’m holding out for JC’s The Thing or Megadeth.

#13142 80 days ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

The latest releases are good themes but I’m holding out for JC’s The Thing or Megadeth.

The Thing or Escape From New York would be Awesome!

IMG_2408 (resized).jpegIMG_2408 (resized).jpeg
#13143 80 days ago

Escape From New York and The Thing would be phenomenal- I think I'd need to pass on Megadeth though. I play foo fighters and only ever use "everlong" at song select because I don't know anything else. I think if we got Megadeth I'd use only "Symphony of Destruction".

#13144 80 days ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

The Thing or Escape From New York would be Awesome![quoted image]

Maybe this game could scratch your Escape From New York itch until an officially licensed one comes out.

https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/thunder-man

#13145 80 days ago
Quoted from Pinhead_:

Escape From New York and The Thing would be phenomenal- I think I'd need to pass on Megadeth though. I play foo fighters and only ever use "everlong" at song select because I don't know anything else. I think if we got Megadeth I'd use only "Symphony of Destruction".

Maybe use a different song then you would know that one too

#13146 80 days ago
Quoted from nickrivers:

Personally, I'm not a fan of AoD. Probably because I didn't see it as a kid and then watched Evil Dead before I finally saw it. But most of my friends loved it as kids and then as adults realized it was part of Evil Dead.
That being said, you either go Evil Dead 2, shed basement, chainsaw, deer mount, etc., or AoD, mini Ashs, the pit, medieval shit. Ugh boring.
Easiest is probably the Ash Vs Pin idea with NO movie assets. All original, S mart stuff, the car, Necronomicon, chainsaw/boomstick. Basically just the stuff they own from the IP.

Any mashup of the Ash universe would have been an insta-purchase for me, Evil Dead or AoD, barring a total botch of the delivery.

One of the few I'm holding out hope for and expecting to make room if/when the time comes.

#13147 76 days ago
Quoted from mzhulk:

Maybe signing is the clue

It is odd that the total machine count is 1776, the end of the revolutionary war. Signing of the Declaration of Independence and Goonies is an interesting take.

Nobody expects the title from left field, the hit musical Hamilton! HA!

Jaws, Cape Fear, I Know What You Did.... all July 4th movies.

Looking forward to flipping the new releases and watching how Spooky tackles 2024!

#13148 76 days ago

I wish I could get into either theme but I just cant. TCM is an absolute non starter in my house and even though I grew up with Looney Toons, Its just not a theme that resonates with me.

I just got a Bond Pro NIB and was looking forward to the Spooky machine being Evil Dead/Army of Darkness. I will be holding out until then but man the TCM\LT looks like an amazing Pin for the price.

Anyone else not sold on either theme?

#13149 76 days ago
Quoted from MrVern:

It is odd that the total machine count is 1776, the end of the revolutionary war. Signing of the Declaration of Independence and Goonies is an interesting take.
Nobody expects the title from left field, the hit musical Hamilton! HA!
Jaws, Cape Fear, I Know What You Did.... all July 4th movies.

Maybe we'll get another ID4 machine.

#13150 76 days ago
Quoted from VoodooPin:

I wish I could get into either theme but I just cant. TCM is an absolute non starter in my house and even though I grew up with Looney Toons, Its just not a theme that resonates with me.
I just got a Bond Pro NIB and was looking forward to the Spooky machine being Evil Dead/Army of Darkness. I will be holding out until then but man the TCM\LT looks like an amazing Pin for the price.
Anyone else not sold on either theme?

Waiting to see more of LT before making that call. TCM looks like a total win after watching the Bug stream but I have a 4 and 6 year old and they're too impressionable and too in love with pinball for me to feel comfortable with the theme of playing as a murderous family tormenting/killing women and the handicapped. So that's definitely out much to my chagrin.

Like you, sitting on the sidelines at the moment, leaving room for Evil Dead/AoD.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop
Other
$ 35.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz
Decals
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
6,295 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlington, NC
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
€ 178.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop
Backbox
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods
Toys/Add-ons
16,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Francisco, CA
$ 375.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinMod Industries
Toys/Add-ons
$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Discos Pinball Mod Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 7,800.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
$ 300.00
$ 22.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Playfield - Protection
Gameroom Mods
Protection
Machine - For Sale
Sparta, NJ
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 13,352 posts in this topic. You are on page 263 of 268.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-2021-game-speculation-thread/page/263 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.