7hPz.gif
IMG_6612 (resized).jpeg
harley-quinn-legends-of-the-dark-knight-1_dc-comics_silo (resized).png
tumblr_ndd9vhv4uu1qedb29o1_500.gif
IMG_1836 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1833 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1832 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 13,405 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 269.
#1151 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I personally think Nightmare Before Christmas is way more popular than Beetlejuice.

Quoted from benheck:

Tim Burton directed 2 of my favorite movies (Batman 89 and Ed Wood) but even if Spooky asked me to make Beetlejuice I would be like "meh"
Saw it once on tape back in the day, it was fun. My sister and I used to watch the cartoon show (maybe that why she named her daughter Lydia?) I remember the soundtrack being really popular.
Honestly if Spooky said "Ben you can make any theme from that era you want" I'd probably say DUCK TALES. I'm telling ya, nice 2D Disney pin would make MAJOR BANK.

Ohh yes I agree a Disney pin would. Hopefully JJP does Toy Story.

#1152 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Honestly if Spooky said "Ben you can make any theme from that era you want" I'd probably say DUCK TALES. I'm telling ya, nice 2D Disney pin would make MAJOR BANK.

I could not throw money fast enough at a DUCK TALES themed machine!! The only other themes that would get me as excited would be ANYTHING Adult Swim or Futurama.

#1153 2 years ago

Duck Tales would actually be very similar to Scooby Doo for me.

#1154 2 years ago

Nightmare was actually a commercial flop netting barely under $50mil compared to Beetlejuice which was far more successful at about $85mil box office. Nightmare really only rose in popularity via vhs rentals and grew what can only be considered a cult following. I think it’s clear Beetlejuice casts a wider net but I’d definitely like to see both and I bet Spooky would sell out of either very easily.

Quoted from Zablon:

I personally think Nightmare Before Christmas is way more popular than Beetlejuice.

#1155 2 years ago
Quoted from Var1AbL3:

I could not throw money fast enough at a DUCK TALES themed machine!! The only other themes that would get me as excited would be ANYTHING Adult Swim or Futurama.

Futurama would be great. Different deliveries, different planets, would really lend itself to pinball rules.

My Duck Tales pitch - contact Way Forward and see if we could license the assets from their 2012 remaster of the NES game. They recorded TONS of custom speech (really too much, game is quite talky) from the OG cast including a not-dead-at-the-time Alan Ladd Jr.

Use the NES levels (and music) as the base then build the game up around that. Nice 2D artwork, clean graphics, clips from the TV show - MONEY IN DA BANK! (vault)

#1156 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Futurama would be great. Different deliveries, different planets, would really lend itself to pinball rules.
My Duck Tales pitch - contact Way Forward and see if we could license the assets from their 2012 remaster of the NES game. They recorded TONS of custom speech (really too much, game is quite talky) from the OG cast including a not-dead-at-the-time Alan Ladd Jr.
Use the NES levels (and music) as the base then build the game up around that. Nice 2D artwork, clean graphics, clips from the TV show - MONEY IN DA BANK! (vault)

OMG Kill me now!!!! Spooky starts doing stuff like this it will be a major disappointment. Stay with the Horror and spooky themes. If they go that route they need to stick with ones like RM and maybe create Tripping the rift!

#1157 2 years ago
Quoted from awassig:

OMG Kill me now!!!! Spooky starts doing stuff like this it will be a major disappointment. Stay with the Horror and spooky themes.

Agreed, Scooby Doo is one thing but Duck Tales? No thanks!

#1158 2 years ago

I’d take a Futurama in a heartbeat.

Quoted from benheck:

#1159 2 years ago

Spooky went out and got a theme like R&M, thinking outside the box and realm of "spooky"/horror themes. And they F'n killed it! Not a music pin, not original theme, not a nostalgic theme of yesteryear. R&M even made some pinheads go, "Hey, I've never seen this show, let me give it a try. If Spooky is making it into a pin, it's gotta be something special." And some did, and became fans. Thanks Spooky for being the catalyst to opening up the minds of some to give it a shot at watching a show that some may not have watched if not for a pinball machine.

Beat the rest of the manufacturers to the next untapped theme genre for a more current crowd of buyers: Avatar the Last Airbender, or Dragonball Z.

So. Much. Potential.

#1160 2 years ago

Agreed R&m was the "youngest" pin theme in decades and it was a smash hit.

Pinball needs more outside the box ideas. Lot of short memories here like when Jack announced WOZ and everybody shit on it... 6k units later... :0

#1161 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Take my money. Bonus if it's the new (better) Duck Tales.

#1162 2 years ago
Quoted from Var1AbL3:

The only other themes that would get me as excited would be ANYTHING Adult Swim...

Tropical Cop Tales? DELUSCIOUS! Thank you, 'preciate it!

#1163 2 years ago

SUPER JAIL!

#1164 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I'm a big fan of Futurama but my wife has never watched it through. We're finally in the process of fixing that and watching it through chronologically and it's really reminded me what a perfect theme it would be for pinball. So many great episodes, fantastic humour, and unlike a lot of properties that depicted the future it still holds up 20 years later. I'd buy one in a heartbeat.

In terms of the next Spooky pin, do we know if it will it be like R&M where there was time to join the fang club post announcement before the pre-orders opened?

#1165 2 years ago
Quoted from DruTheFu:

some pinheads go, "Hey, I've never seen this show

Some pinheads? Lol more like 99%. Sign me up for a duck tails, darkwing duck, Futurama, super jail pin.

#1166 2 years ago

Spooky definitely smashed it with R&M, if outside the box, young themes are the secret formula, how about these?

4E1E915F-13F0-45FF-A597-3944FD4DD9E3 (resized).png4E1E915F-13F0-45FF-A597-3944FD4DD9E3 (resized).png515BEA56-85FC-4BAF-A468-37127AACF7B6 (resized).png515BEA56-85FC-4BAF-A468-37127AACF7B6 (resized).png93190F4D-C0AB-43CB-8C82-A9603AC20363 (resized).png93190F4D-C0AB-43CB-8C82-A9603AC20363 (resized).png9FCE1562-5D2D-4D5F-9F8D-D043FE181A5A (resized).png9FCE1562-5D2D-4D5F-9F8D-D043FE181A5A (resized).png
#1167 2 years ago

This thread title should get changed to **Spooky Pins we WANT Next** But Ben will crush our dream theme pins... Anybody notice that Ben so far has yet to say it's not:

Evil Dead
Night of The Living Dead
Friday The 13th

#1168 2 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Tropical Cop Tales? DELUSCIOUS! Thank you, 'preciate it!

Hopefully the game would have a large BOM BOM BOM BA-BOM BA-BOMMMMM!

#1169 2 years ago

Scrooge McDuck is pretty STACKED & LOADED, Also Spooky / Ben from Wisconsin known for CHEESE, another term for money... Duck Tales CONFIRMED!

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

#1170 2 years ago

Ghosts, cartoon and great story+sound.....

Coco?

#1171 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Scrooge McDuck is pretty STACKED & LOADED, Also Spooky / Ben from Wisconsin known for CHEESE, another term for money... Duck Tales CONFIRMED!
[quoted image]

#1172 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Hopefully the game would have a large BOM BOM BOM BA-BOM BA-BOMMMMM!

And a free Wild Cranberry artisanal lip balm! Shit, yeah!

#1173 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

This thread title should get changed to **Spooky Pins we WANT Next** But Ben will crush our dream theme pins... Anybody notice that Ben so far has yet to say it's not:
Evil Dead
Night of The Living Dead
Friday The 13th

Done right all 3 of these would be on my to buy list

#1174 2 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

What’s up with the term hard pass? Wouldn’t it be an easy pass as your really not interested? Or hard pass as in it was hard to pass up because you like it but something didn’t click for you. Weird....

I've got an idea for the next Spooky pin

hard no (resized).jpghard no (resized).jpg
#1175 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

My Duck Tales pitch

Duck Tales would sell like hotcakes if you could tap that NES nostalgia too, via the remake.

#1176 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

We’re they all just outside that “right age” in the 80s to get sucked into the Tim Burton vortex like the rest of us? Pee-Wee, Beetlejuice, Edward Scissorhands, Batman, Nightmare Before Xmas...the combo of Burton’s visual style, weird characters & Danny Elfman’s music was magical, special, and iconic. Steve Ritchie famously hates Elfman, though - which led to the rock music in Spider-Man instead of movie score.

Speaking of which, are you going to that live Nightmare Before Christmas performance with Danny Elfman that tickets just went up for? If only I were in LA...

#1177 2 years ago

069B1AE4-1BB5-4227-BB0F-C3537A54260A.gif069B1AE4-1BB5-4227-BB0F-C3537A54260A.gif

I agree the phrase means nothing. It is confusing. Is it a difficult decision and therefore hard to make the choice? Does it emphasize the no to make it stronger? Guess that’s why it didn’t make a bigger impact in our lexicon.

In contrast, saying it is an easy no, means it was easy and a quick decision to decline.

#1178 2 years ago

Torlet and Uriness Multiball with Alexander callouts

#1179 2 years ago

Wild ass guess:

Friday the 13th with Gary Pullin on art

0920AE63-B018-4BF7-B10E-7B85E404B71D (resized).jpeg0920AE63-B018-4BF7-B10E-7B85E404B71D (resized).jpeg7C0B3150-A1B1-4F61-91DC-F1826AF6874F (resized).jpeg7C0B3150-A1B1-4F61-91DC-F1826AF6874F (resized).jpegA7BE326D-DEB9-4B92-A84A-FCAC8FD4BF4F (resized).jpegA7BE326D-DEB9-4B92-A84A-FCAC8FD4BF4F (resized).jpegF649BC9F-1355-40D5-8B58-815E457CD507 (resized).jpegF649BC9F-1355-40D5-8B58-815E457CD507 (resized).jpeg
#1180 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Evil Dead
Night of The Living Dead
Friday The 13th

Ben hasn't ruled out PTC, Zombieland, or Super Chicken. Yet.

LTG : )

#1181 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Steve Ritchie famously hates Elfman, though - which led to the rock music in Spider-Man instead of movie score.

Thank you Steve. The music is one of SMs highlights.

#1182 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Speaking of which, are you going to that live Nightmare Before Christmas performance with Danny Elfman that tickets just went up for? If only I were in LA...

I went a few years ago. It’s amazing!

#1183 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Thank you Steve. The music is one of SMs highlights.

I did end up loving it - but it was jarring at first since I was so familiar with the personality of the music from the movies.

#1184 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

[quoted image]
I agree the phrase means nothing. It is confusing. Is it a difficult decision and therefore hard to make the choice? Does it emphasize the no to make it stronger? Guess that’s why it didn’t make a bigger impact in our lexicon.

It was around long before that. It might be regional, but I've heard it used clear back in the early 90's. It's just shorthand for hardline or firm.

#1185 2 years ago

It must be...

Troll2_1 (resized).pngTroll2_1 (resized).pngTroll2_2 (resized).pngTroll2_2 (resized).png
#1186 2 years ago

I would honestly buy this sight unseen.

Quoted from Wulftown:

It must be...
[quoted image][quoted image]

#1187 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I would honestly buy this sight unseen.

Same.

#1188 2 years ago

I know we already got Attack From Mars but bear with me a sec...MARS ATTACKS

mars-attacks-martians-social (resized).jpgmars-attacks-martians-social (resized).jpg
#1189 2 years ago
Quoted from TylerJac:

I know we already got Attack From Mars but bear with me a sec...MARS ATTACKS
[quoted image]

Probably be a popular pin, but man I hate that movie.

#1190 2 years ago

It's Halloween, but only the Part III stuff. The "__ more days to Halloween" jingle just plays over and over in the background.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#1191 2 years ago

It’s honestly the only Halloween flick I like. I know that’s blasphemous to some but...I’m a big III fan.

Quoted from lpeters82:

It's Halloween, but only the Part III stuff. The "__ more days to Halloween" jingle just plays over and over in the background.
[quoted image]

#1192 2 years ago

1C34538A-B1CD-4014-8AA3-480F8E104AA1 (resized).jpeg1C34538A-B1CD-4014-8AA3-480F8E104AA1 (resized).jpeg

#1193 2 years ago
download (resized).jpegdownload (resized).jpeg
#1195 2 years ago

It's my favorite too, in terms of just being something different. When I first saw it, I hadn't seen the others. It's a fun movie. I mean, with the theme song it's already got an attract mode!

#1196 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

It’s honestly the only Halloween flick I like. I know that’s blasphemous to some but...I’m a big III fan.

It's the only Halloween movie with a plot, for one thing.

I don't get the appeal of a pinball machine based on Halloween, or Friday the 13th. In both cases the antagonist doesn't talk, so save a bundle on the callout budget there, and there's only one mode "Halloween Massacre" / "Summer Camp Massacre".

#1197 2 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

It's the only Halloween movie with a plot, for one thing.
I don't get the appeal of a pinball machine based on Halloween, or Friday the 13th. In both cases the antagonist doesn't talk, so save a bundle on the callout budget there, and there's only one mode "Halloween Massacre" / "Summer Camp Massacre".

It could be made fun/funny if you make the player Jason and he has to collect the weapons he'll use to kill the campers. Ineffective weapons are a failure of that "mission."

But I'm not a fan of horror, so I would take Scooby Doo or Letterkenny or Beetlejuice all day long before a straight up horror theme.

#1198 2 years ago
greasy.gifgreasy.gif
#1199 2 years ago

CRTs of mass destruction!

ss (resized).pngss (resized).png
#1200 2 years ago

Halloween III on vinyl FTW!

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Performance Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Concord, NC
$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

€ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Discos Pinball Mod Shop

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Charlotte, NC
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

$ 17.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lermods

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinbald Mods

$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 238.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

There are 13,405 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 269.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-2021-game-speculation-thread/page/24?hl=jigz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.